drgibbs11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drgibbs11

Anybody else waiting "in line" for the 47"?

johnson19aj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnson19aj

Will there by anymore 55" today? Otherwise I'm going to stop hitting refresh every 5 minutes....

zxinfinity

quality posts: 18 Private Messages zxinfinity
drgibbs11 wrote:Anybody else waiting "in line" for the 47"?

Yep, what's with the waiting line? Does this happen normally on big ticket items that tend to sell out? Or is it meant to prevent widespread panic when an item does sell out?

estheme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages estheme
zxinfinity wrote:Yep, what's with the waiting line? Does this happen normally on big ticket items that tend to sell out? Or is it meant to prevent widespread panic when an item does sell out?

It must just be for big stuff that's more likely to bounce a payment. Normally it's just "Sold Out"

thomas998

quality posts: 21 Private Messages thomas998

Just remember that according to the LG manual that comes with the set "Several pixels in red, green, white, or black may appear on the screen that can attribute to the characteristics of the LCD panel. THIS IS NORMAL" In other words don't expect them to fix or replace a TV with dead pixels. The consider them to be normal.

drgibbs11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drgibbs11
estheme wrote:It must just be for big stuff that's more likely to bounce a payment. Normally it's just "Sold Out"

I've done some reading and apparently earlier in the day they had another wave of 55"'s go on sale after they initially sold out - here's hoping that happens again and our "waiting" pays off.

seamuskrat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seamuskrat

Looking for a 55 as well. CAN'T believe I missed it twice today.

drgibbs11 wrote:I've done some reading and apparently earlier in the day they had another wave of 55"'s go on sale after they initially sold out - here's hoping that happens again and our "waiting" pays off.

reddesertbrat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reddesertbrat
bugging75 wrote:Purchased a 47lw5700 from tiger direct and had a hell of a time getting it without any damage. The packaging for the box was awesomely bad and came without the wifi adapter. I also did not include any glasses, but the same ones from the movie theater can be used for this unit, I have 10 at home now. As for the remote you can purchase the MOTION MAGIC remote which is a lil quirky but for the most part works like a Wii remote (snagged for 15 bucks on amazan). Basically I returned the unit twice and the third tv finally came without damage, the unit would lean into the stand in the box and cause compression cracks in the screen- packaging was non-existing.

In the end it was well worth it and be first of my friends to have a 3d tv this nice. The picture is great, even the passive 3d with the degraded resolution (runs at half resolution to display two images at once) is extremely clear and LG claims brain processes as HD picture- it looks amazing. Also 3d is an awesome experience, wish there was more content availabl! The tv is also Packed with features! I use the cable internet connection and am able to connect to my plex media server to browse my movie files. It's a lil touchy of file types it plays while streaming, but I stream hd movie from my computer into my living room with little problem. Also I'm able to connect my Android phone with the tv via wifi to use the TOUCHSCREEN to control as a remote- amazing! Also the android app is free. The DLNA works and I can play movies from my phone into the TV at command. The usb works with hard drives and better file compatibility than wifi but for some reason it doesn't want to allow the built in DVR to work. I was only able to get it to start working with a externally powered hard drive (those with own power and size of 40-1K gig) to be detected and tv asks if you want format for dvr-instant pause use but it was my friends and had his movies on it. I connected with my lg lhb 306 blu ray 3d player and the symplelink works ok, but needs to be turned on every time for some reason- it controls the volume and other basic features with one remote. Lastly the smartv feature is cute and ok for internet connection/browsing- just don’t expect to have this replace your computer. -facebook app sucks and you is a little better after update. It may be a little slow but you will save money connecting to hulu, netflix, youtube and so on without an external device- may want to upgrade to one eventually though this will surfice. No flash for internet browsing, though I think it can be hacked. Also there is a hack on youtube to allow usb hubs.

Overall I am so glad I bought this tv! I watch the 47 inch from about 10-13 feet and it's fine. As long as you don't get it damaged, you will be super happy with this buy. Best of luck to you! My experience sucked but was well worth it in the end!

added-only vice I have is tv is known to have issues synching audio to video. Tv updates automatically when connected to internet and last update helped, but still bugs.

p.p.s. if you have issues with the wifi adapter like I've read, try the NETGEAR WNCE2001 which I had to buy since unit came without adapter- thanks tiger. It works awesome and found for 19 bucks on amazon. keep checking prices, they float around from time to time

Thanks for all the info!

estheme

Denied! I guess that's all folks!

drizzo4shizzo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages drizzo4shizzo
phypennwl wrote:I had been wondering about that, too. If you google the TV's model number and avsforums, you should find instructions in the very first post on how to basically hack the TV to activate local dimming, along with activating such things as local DVR and THX settings. Of course, you'd be doing so at your own risk.

I did some googling around and the set is "edge lit". Apparently you can enable some form of local dimming but it is not going to be the "full array" local dimming like the 47LH90 was. Pass.

estheme

estheme wrote:Denied! I guess that's all folks!

Wait, now both models are on sale again? Score!

darkinc

quality posts: 31 Private Messages darkinc

Tried to buy this again... and now im on the waiting list

Quick this is a horrible tv! Somebody contact woot and cancel :P

bdead20

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bdead20

I own the 47 (non-smart version). Had it for about 6 months. I've loved this TV!

iamhappy726

quality posts: 10 Private Messages iamhappy726

Just wooted for the 47 inch. 8 inches shorter than the 55 inch. Wonder if the women will still like me if I am 8 in shorter?

zxinfinity

quality posts: 18 Private Messages zxinfinity
iamhappy726 wrote:Just wooted for the 47 inch. 8 inches shorter than the 55 inch. Wonder if the women will still like me if I am 8 in shorter?

Give them the extra $250 and they'll like you.

bezelbubba

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bezelbubba

annnddddd out again

I don't know how you people deal with woot offs and Bags o' Cr@p

emmabean2000

quality posts: 6 Private Messages emmabean2000

Whoa. Got the last one running on the treadmill. Hoping that the olympics are in 3d???

iamhappy726

bezelbubba wrote:annnddddd out again

I don't know how you people deal with woot offs and Bags o' Cr@p

----------------
Your quickly learn patience, perseverance, setting low expectations, and keeping alcoholic beverages handy to dull any emotional stress.

emmabean2000

quality posts: 6 Private Messages emmabean2000

And now, not sold out. Looks like Woot is looking behind the sofa for extra tv's to sell.

brettv72

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brettv72

It does have dimming. I own one (a gift purchased on special at Fry's for $1100 a year ago). I love this TV and don't regret anything about buying it.

drizzo4shizzo wrote:My sister bought an LG 47LH90 a while back, that model had local dimming. Does anyone know if this model has local dimming? It can add to the cost of the set and also to the thickness, so I think many sets do not have this feature (of which I am a big fan). Her set looks fantastic. And "blooming" doesn't bother me, mostly only see it when its credits rolling.

josefresno

quality posts: 0 Private Messages josefresno

Staff

This is a vampire deal...

darkinc

quality posts: 31 Private Messages darkinc

Im getting kinda annoyed here.. I was removed from the "line", only to refresh woot to see its not sold out.. then final step be told it is sold out... So what the woot.. Take my damn money!

kevhanks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevhanks

I bought then canceled the 47" I'd rather pay a bit more for a tv that isnt over a year old and only 90 day warranty.

craig616

quality posts: 5 Private Messages craig616

Bought one of these on amazon, total junk returned right away, thank goodness for amazon. This tv claims to be 120hz it is NOT.
This is a 60hz tv with lg true motion trying to make it 120hz dose not work. Stay away.

iamhappy726

When I attempt to get a quote on a square trade warranty for the 47 inch, I receive a quote of $99 for the first year and $50 for the 2nd. Is this what everyone else is quoted?

phypennwl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phypennwl
iamhappy726 wrote:When I attempt to get a quote on a square trade warranty for the 47 inch, I receive a quote of $99 for the first year and $50 for the 2nd. Is this what everyone else is quoted?

That is what I saw as well. If you wait a week or two, SquareTrade very often has 20% or 30% coupons (you can actually purchase warranties from SquareTrade up to 90 days after date of purchase), so you could save quite a bit of money that way.

stuntdriver

quality posts: 9 Private Messages stuntdriver

Just curious, is the "Your item will ship in 5 buisness days or less" rule still in effect?

• World of WootCrap lv5 07/11/14
  • Bag of Shirt Crap 7/11/14
  • Personal Facebook Crap 6/25/14
  • 12 Days of Crapness 12/8/13
  • in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
  • Big ol' Catapult 4/26/12
  • Big ol' Catapult 3/22/12
  • Big ol' Catapult 6/15/11
  • Random Crap (Level 8) 4/1/11
  • Random Crap (Level 2) 4/1/11
  • Random Crap 10/21/10
  • Random Crap 9/22/10
  • Random Crap 8/20/10
  • Adventure Crap 4/1/10
  • Random Crap 1/28/10
  • Santa’s Sack O’ Crap 12/25/09
  • Random Crap 12/25/08
  • Random Crap 6/20/08
  • Random Crap 4/1/08
  • Sansa e250 11/5/07 (The one that started it all!)

Batman4oz

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Batman4oz

As much as I would Love a New and Better and 3D TV...I just Can't go Smaller than my 70" Sony!!
Of course, when I got it new, it was over $4500!!!! Still a deal then, but they sure are 'cheap' these days!
Just hope they Last...my old 25" RCA tube set lasted over 15 years...and then I sold it in a yard sale, still working!
Ah, the good old days!
^^X^^

Wooting for Bat Capes
JUDY-ism...the Only Religion I need!
WWJD...What Would JUDY Do?!
thebatcaveofoz.us
^^X^^

youvegotamy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages youvegotamy

The pic is so random. Why Sen. Warner?

tkebidder

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tkebidder
iamhappy726 wrote:----------------
Your quickly learn patience, perseverance, setting low expectations, and keeping alcoholic beverages handy to dull any emotional stress.

Could not have worded that better

garroyo2765

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garroyo2765

i tried 3 different sets of these models. they should be caled dumb tv's instead.

computer gaming is almost impossible due to the input lag, even with all disabled and netflix app stopped working on all 3 tv's. image is nice tho.

jeremiahj

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jeremiahj

I am interested in finding my way into the service menu in order to enable some of the currently disabled features. Any wooters already 'been there / done that'?

Stan0050

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Stan0050
craig616 wrote:Bought one of these on amazon, total junk returned right away, thank goodness for amazon. This tv claims to be 120hz it is NOT.
This is a 60hz tv with lg true motion trying to make it 120hz dose not work. Stay away.

Im very confused by your comment. Five pages of comments, the majority of which are people saying how much they love this TV, and you come in with that. Youre fully entitled to your opinion, Im just confused.

cmwoodys

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmwoodys

Well, I farted around too long researching if this tv was a good buy and by the time I decided to buy, I was sol... then they put it back up. This confused me at first because ya know, this is Woot for chrissakes. They sell out then ta-da, gone. Right? Anyways, so I reload the page yesterday afternoon, dunno why really... maybe it was just fate or some innate unrecognized insecurity in my subconscious encouraging me to look and be discouraged yet again. But to my amazement, there it was, like some diety had sensed my loss and was making it right again. There it was, my 2nt chance... Frankly, it took a few minutes to get over the disbelief. But I hit the button and NOTHING happened, until the browser errored out. Back and try again...nothing. Again and again, crickets. Different browsers, no effect. I was shut out.. and frankly the rejection hurt. Apparantly WootCentralIT were in the washroom drinking beer and playing pinnacle.

Later, I got through on my ATT iphone (and they say their 3g service sux, feh) It was loading, finally. Yeah! woot! But Walrus Toting Halibut? Waiting list? Woot ain't got no stinkin' 'waiting list'? Or do they? I mean it sez right here, I'm on the waiting list but then I wonder, why is there no Waiting List section in MY Woot? I mean, I can track my purchases, track my shipping, change avitar, etc... but I can't see the status of my Waiting List? Confused... so I dig deeper and find this in the WootFAQ,

"I missed a deal. Can I still get it?No. Once a Woot deal expires or sells out, that's that. Period. We may offer it again at a later date. But we promise nothing, we allow no backorders, and we have no waiting/notification lists. Sorry. To the swift go the spoils of the race, or something."

jaredmreynolds

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaredmreynolds

How long does it take to receive your purchase normally with Woot? This was my first purchase with this site because of the amazing deal. Please inform... thank you!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jaredmreynolds wrote:How long does it take to receive your purchase normally with Woot? This was my first purchase with this site because of the amazing deal. Please inform... thank you!!

Congrats on your first purchase!

Items can take up to 5 business days to leave the warehouse but often it's sooner.

These are being dropshipped from the vendor so it will probably be closer to the 5 days. Then allow for shipping time.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

stuntdriver

ThunderThighs wrote:Congrats on your first purchase!

Items can take up to 5 business days to leave the warehouse but often it's sooner.

These are being dropshipped from the vendor so it will probably be closer to the 5 days. Then allow for shipping time.

How about the Amana Portable A/C's that were offered early last week in the woot!plus deals?

If anything were to ship out fast I had hoped it would have been that order, man its been hot! Still nothing

(I have no idea where to ask Q's about woot!plus items)

• Random Crap 10/21/10
  • Random Crap 9/22/10
  • Random Crap 8/20/10
  • Adventure Crap 4/1/10
  • Random Crap 1/28/10
  • Random Crap 12/25/08
  • Random Crap 6/20/08
  • Random Crap 4/1/08

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

stuntdriver wrote:How about the Amana Portable A/C's that were offered early last week in the woot!plus deals?

If anything were to ship out fast I had hoped it would have been that order, man its been hot! Still nothing

(I have no idea where to ask Q's about woot!plus items)

No problem. Here's that thread. You can also email service@woot.com for information if there's no update in "Your Account".

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jaredmreynolds

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaredmreynolds
ThunderThighs wrote:Congrats on your first purchase!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! I WILL BE WAITING PATIENTLY... Sike!!! lol

stuntdriver

ThunderThighs wrote:No problem. Here's that thread. You can also email service@woot.com for information if there's no update in "Your Account".

TY TT!

• Random Crap 10/21/10
  • Random Crap 9/22/10
  • Random Crap 8/20/10
  • Adventure Crap 4/1/10
  • Random Crap 1/28/10
  • Random Crap 12/25/08
  • Random Crap 6/20/08
  • Random Crap 4/1/08