nocktherock2010

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nocktherock2010

The wait is just KILLING me!!! I check for updates excessively Lol

jiunheng

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jiunheng
nocktherock2010 wrote:The wait is just KILLING me!!! I check for updates excessively Lol

Me too, it has been 4 business days and it is still 'Awaiting Shipping". Why woot, why.

hurst2008

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hurst2008

It is taking a while to ship....I came in on the 2nd round of 47" TVs....any reason to fear the order will be canceled or anything like that due to a lack of supply? I wouldn't worry (Woot has always been great) but I had that happen with the HP Touchpad when HP had the $99 fire sale.

emmabean2000

quality posts: 6 Private Messages emmabean2000

Try ordering wine...you can wait over 10 business days with no shipping info.

deraynor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deraynor
jiunheng wrote:Me too, it has been 4 business days and it is still 'Awaiting Shipping". Why woot, why.

I emailed them today asking... "I recently ordered a tv and I'm wondering how long it takes to slap a label on a box and put it on the truck? :-)"

They said "Your order has likely shipped. We are in the process of obtaining tracking now. Since we had these drop shipped, the tracking is not always readily available. We apologize for the delay and thank you for your continued patience."

It's all good... I hope.

netmaster911

quality posts: 1 Private Messages netmaster911
nocktherock2010 wrote:The wait is just KILLING me!!! I check for updates excessively Lol

lol.. I guess I am not the only one who check for updates regularly. A side note: I am thinking to the extended warranty for this.. Have any of you used dtvexpress.com? I know, I know, the squaretrade might be a better option.. but it's $150 for 2 years....

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

AznMang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AznMang

Checked this morning, still no tracking. Just minutes ago, FedEx guy came knocking on my door to deliver my 47"! yay! hopefully everyone that ordered will have theirs soon.

netmaster911

AznMang wrote:Checked this morning, still no tracking. Just minutes ago, FedEx guy came knocking on my door to deliver my 47"! yay! hopefully everyone that ordered will have theirs soon.

Same here. The FedEx guy just came in and delivered the TV. MY first impression is that the package is not well secure.. There's no foam inside the package.. The TV is easily flip around inside the second box.. But my TV turned on fine without any issues so far.. I haven't fully test the TV yet. I am hoping the best and don't want to RMA such a beautiful TV. thank you.

emmabean2000

quality posts: 6 Private Messages emmabean2000
netmaster911 wrote:Same here. The FedEx guy just came in and delivered the TV. MY first impression is that the package is not well secure.. There's no foam inside the package.. The TV is easily flip around inside the second box.. But my TV turned on fine without any issues so far.. I haven't fully test the TV yet. I am hoping the best and don't want to RMA such a beautiful TV. thank you.

Interesting. Mine was packed in one box, with lots of foam around it. Nice and snug. Random that I was at home on a Saturday. Would have been nice to received some notice, as the guy making the delivery said it was lucky I was here, or it would be Tuesday before they delivered it again. Could not figure that one out, unless I am missing a major holiday on Monday. TV works well, and I am impressed with the 3D conversion. Now, I need to find a decent 3D blue ray...

yf920

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yf920
netmaster911 wrote:lol.. I guess I am not the only one who check for updates regularly. A side note: I am thinking to the extended warranty for this.. Have any of you used dtvexpress.com? I know, I know, the squaretrade might be a better option.. but it's $150 for 2 years....

yeah, i am also interested to know if there is other good option on the insurance for TV. $150 is kinda expensive considering we only paid $650 on it.

nathanblue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nathanblue

For everyone who already recieved their TV's did you get yours in the later part of the day? I am still receiving the Awaiting Shipping. Did you see that message and still get the tv?

AznMang

netmaster911 wrote:Same here. The FedEx guy just came in and delivered the TV. MY first impression is that the package is not well secure.. There's no foam inside the package.. The TV is easily flip around inside the second box.. But my TV turned on fine without any issues so far.. I haven't fully test the TV yet. I am hoping the best and don't want to RMA such a beautiful TV. thank you.

Sounds like mine was similarly packaged...couple cubes of cardboard floating about in the box. Checked it over, aside from some cosmetic blemishes and slight light bleed on the right (I'm being picky)...awesome TV!

AznMang

nathanblue wrote:For everyone who already recieved their TV's did you get yours in the later part of the day? I am still receiving the Awaiting Shipping. Did you see that message and still get the tv?

Mine was at 10am for San Jose, CA. There's no AM/express label on it, so imagine if FedEx is still running about you may get it today.

netmaster911

AznMang wrote:Sounds like mine was similarly packaged...couple cubes of cardboard floating about in the box. Checked it over, aside from some cosmetic blemishes and slight light bleed on the right (I'm being picky)...awesome TV!

I haven't really inspect the TV yet as I rushed to work after briefly tested the TV. FedEx dropped off around 11AM in San Francisco, CA. Maybe our TV drop shipped by the same company My account still shows "awaiting shipping" status, but I received the TV already.

LeoF

quality posts: 3 Private Messages LeoF
zxinfinity wrote:For those not aware, passive 3d technology reduces the number of horizontal lines that each eye can see by half, so instead of 1080, each eye can only see 540 lines. Is it noticeable? Yes. Is the picture different than active shutter technology? Yes, the picture is much brighter, but lower resolution. Are passive 3d glasses cheaper than active 3d glasses? Yes. Is it worth it? That depends entirely on you and your preference!

Actually, ALL 3D TV's...

Oh, never mind.

netmaster911

netmaster911 wrote:I haven't really inspect the TV yet as I rushed to work after briefly tested the TV. FedEx dropped off around 11AM in San Francisco, CA. Maybe our TV drop shipped by the same company My account still shows "awaiting shipping" status, but I received the TV already.

Finally, I have fully inspected the TV.. GREAT! Being said that I upgraded from a 720P 50" plasma, this TV looks a huge upgrade in terms of its video quality. I don't see any dead pixels or any issues even though within a no bubble/foam package shipment

The blue-ray / 3D effects looks incredible! For a peace of mind, I went ahead and bought a $99 3-years warranty, fully insured for next 3 years

dizenz07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dizenz07
netmaster911 wrote:Finally, I have fully inspected the TV.. GREAT! Being said that I upgraded from a 720P 50" plasma, this TV looks a huge upgrade in terms of its video quality. I don't see any dead pixels or any issues even though within a no bubble/foam package shipment

The blue-ray / 3D effects looks incredible! For a peace of mind, I went ahead and bought a $99 3-years warranty, fully insured for next 3 years

where did you get the warranty?

johnschudy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnschudy
dizenz07 wrote:where did you get the warranty?

Square Trade

netmaster911

dizenz07 wrote:where did you get the warranty?

I went with dtvexpress.com this time.. this is my first time to buy from them. I have no idea how reliable are their services, but noted that they seems "A+" rating in BBB, and only 18 complaints in last 3 years. According to BBB, they been in business since 2001. The price is $99 for 3-years..

On another hand, Square Trade charges $99 for first year and additional $50 for the second year. The best you can get is 30% up to $30 dollars max coupon code, being said that the best price you can get is around $120 for 2-year only...

shawn42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shawn42
netmaster911 wrote:Finally, I have fully inspected the TV.. GREAT! Being said that I upgraded from a 720P 50" plasma, this TV looks a huge upgrade in terms of its video quality. I don't see any dead pixels or any issues even though within a no bubble/foam package shipment

the 3 year/$99 warranty at squaretrade is for a NEW tv. this one is refurbished. however, the 3 year/$99 warranty at dtvexpress that netmaster911 mentions, is indeed for a refurbished tv.

dariusfresh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dariusfresh
netmaster911 wrote:I went with dtvexpress.com this time.. this is my first time to buy from them. I have no idea how reliable are their services, but noted that they seems "A+" rating in BBB, and only 18 complaints in last 3 years. According to BBB, they been in business since 2001. The price is $99 for 3-years..

On another hand, Square Trade charges $99 for first year and additional $50 for the second year. The best you can get is 30% up to $30 dollars max coupon code, being said that the best price you can get is around $120 for 2-year only...

Has your correspondence with them so far given you a good feeling? I've never heard of them, and their website looks pretty amateurish, but I guess the bbb ranking wouldn't lie....... Hoping to get my 55" today!

nocktherock2010

AznMang wrote:Mine was at 10am for San Jose, CA. There's no AM/express label on it, so imagine if FedEx is still running about you may get it today.

Looks like it is being shipped from or around CA. Im on the East coast, might have to wait longer.

And if its this week then I might miss the delivery cuz I'll be at work during the day. Wish I knew the date it was being delivered

mb93234

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mb93234
nocktherock2010 wrote:Looks like it is being shipped from or around CA. Im on the East coast, might have to wait longer.

And if its this week then I might miss the delivery cuz I'll be at work during the day. Wish I knew the date it was being delivered

Yep, me too. I don't want this expensive item sitting on my porch all day. Woot, get your act together. You're in the big leagues now. Providing proper shipping info is a very basic business task, and blaming the company actually shipping the product isn't a very good excuse. We purchased this product from *your* site, not theirs. Figure out the logistics.

jaredmreynolds

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaredmreynolds

I see that everybody is starting to receive or already receive their TVs? Especially people from California... So I was wondering if it matters that they gave me a tracking number that says delivery will be Friday? I am also from California... First time woot buyer... Trying to see how all this works... I am TVless right now lol

Thank you

zombiekicker

quality posts: 10 Private Messages zombiekicker
mb93234 wrote:Yep, me too. I don't want this expensive item sitting on my porch all day. Woot, get your act together. You're in the big leagues now. Providing proper shipping info is a very basic business task, and blaming the company actually shipping the product isn't a very good excuse. We purchased this product from *your* site, not theirs. Figure out the logistics.

I'm with ya there, as my apt isn't exactly in the nicest part of town. On the other hand, if it is indeed shipping via FedEx, it prolly won't show up today...

jaredmreynolds

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaredmreynolds

Tracking just confirmed that my tv is shipping from Illinois

dariusfresh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dariusfresh

so you guys are starting to get tracking numbers? did these show up in your email, or did you have to contact woot?

sirgreig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sirgreig

What the hell? Everyone here is talking about the quality of their TV and the various shipping methods, but I haven't even received a shipping number yet? 6 days Woot. It's time to ship!! I am in the Northeast. Big difference than California?

eagles7277

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eagles7277

I just called FEDEX at 1-800-463-3339. If you say that you think a package is lost, they will transfer you to someone who will ask for your address and zip code. They can at least tell you if FEDEX has something coming to your house and when it should be there! All with no tracking number!! Too bad they have nothing in their system coming to my address...COME ONE WOOT, I WANT THAT TV!!

AznMang

I've been playing with my new 47" and haven't had a chance to check back to the community...awesome upgrade going from a first gen panasonic 42" plasma (TH-42PX60U) btw.

Mine was the 47" purchased at 2:45a PST (first wave?). It was shipped from southern CA via FEDEx ground. Here's my tracking details, maybe some of you may find it helpful.

Jul 14, 2012 10:04 AM
Delivered
San Jose, CALeft at front door. Signature Service not requested.
Jul 14, 2012 7:36 AMOn FedEx vehicle for deliverySAN JOSE, CA
Jul 14, 2012 6:40 AMAt local FedEx facilitySAN JOSE, CA
Jul 14, 2012 1:56 AMDeparted FedEx locationSACRAMENTO, CA
Jul 13, 2012 3:05 PMArrived at FedEx locationSACRAMENTO, CA
Jul 12, 2012 11:43 PMIn transitCITY OF INDUSTRY, CA
Jul 12, 2012 11:13 PMLeft FedEx origin facilityLOS ANGELES, CA
Jul 12, 2012 7:50 PMArrived at FedEx locationLOS ANGELES, CA
Jul 12, 2012 1:24 PMPicked upLOS ANGELES, CA
Jul 11, 2012 3:55 PMShipment information sent to FedEx

nocktherock2010

AznMang wrote:I've been playing with my new 47" and haven't had a chance to check back to the community...awesome upgrade going from a first gen panasonic 42" plasma (TH-42PX60U) btw.

Mine was the 47" purchased at 2:45a PST (first wave?). It was shipped from southern CA via FEDEx ground. Here's my tracking details, maybe some of you may find it helpful.

Delivered

Thanks for this info!
If it is left at my front door then it will probably be gone by the time I get home...

sirgreig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sirgreig
nocktherock2010 wrote:Thanks for this info!
If it is left at my front door then it will probably be gone by the time I get home...

I got a pretty quick response from Woot, but the answer is unacceptable:

"Your order has likely shipped. We are in the process of obtaining tracking now. Since we had these drop shipped, the tracking is not always readily available. We apologize for the delay and thank you for your continued patience."

Drop shipped by whom? Will they leave it in my garage? In the rain? Refuse to leave it when I am not there to sign for it?

This is wrong Woot. Get it together. This is no b-a-g of c-r-a-p! It's my 55" TV!!

AdamCahill

quality posts: 2 Private Messages AdamCahill
eagles7277 wrote:I just called FEDEX at 1-800-463-3339. If you say that you think a package is lost, they will transfer you to someone who will ask for your address and zip code. They can at least tell you if FEDEX has something coming to your house and when it should be there! All with no tracking number!! Too bad they have nothing in their system coming to my address...COME ONE WOOT, I WANT THAT TV!!

Thanks! Just called and mine is coming tomorrow. yay!!

Said "lost package" to the machine. Give the nice person your address and name and say it's coming FedEx ground from Los Angeles.

Stan0050

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Stan0050
AdamCahill wrote:Thanks! Just called and mine is coming tomorrow. yay!!

Said "lost package" to the machine. Give the nice person your address and name and say it's coming FedEx ground from Los Angeles.

I tried the same thing and they have no packages coming to me, come on woot!! I want my TV!! Im in Minnesota BTW.

On a side note, I got a coupon code from Squaretrade (emailed them asking for one and they sent me a 30% code) and I can get 2 years for $144.99. Should I go for this or try a different company? I've seen a few people on here saying they got 3 years for $99 but they are going to be severely disappointed when they need their warranty and squaretrade says "Ummm...you bought the warranty for a new TV, not a refurbished one" and their warranty is worthless.

eagles7277

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eagles7277
AdamCahill wrote:Thanks! Just called and mine is coming tomorrow. yay!!

Must be nice! Glad the tip was useful! Nothing for me yet, though. In GA, btw.

Txcolt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Txcolt
Stan0050 wrote:I tried the same thing and they have no packages coming to me, come on woot!! I want my TV!! Im in Minnesota BTW.

On a side note, I got a coupon code from Squaretrade (emailed them asking for one and they sent me a 30% code) and I can get 2 years for $144.99. Should I go for this or try a different company? I've seen a few people on here saying they got 3 years for $99 but they are going to be severely disappointed when they need their warranty and squaretrade says "Ummm...you bought the warranty for a new TV, not a refurbished one" and their warranty is worthless.

Same boat here. I just called and no shipments appear to be inbound. Sent up a note to Woot so we will see what transpires.

netmaster911

dariusfresh wrote:Has your correspondence with them so far given you a good feeling? I've never heard of them, and their website looks pretty amateurish, but I guess the bbb ranking wouldn't lie....... Hoping to get my 55" today!

I had to admit that Square Trade website looks nicer and more mature in terms of submitting claims/etc.. DTV sent me back a contract PDF file with contact number/etc, in event I need to services the TV in next 3 years. We will see..

netmaster911

AznMang wrote:I've been playing with my new 47" and haven't had a chance to check back to the community...awesome upgrade going from a first gen panasonic 42" plasma (TH-42PX60U) btw.

Delivered

Yep. I been playing with it over the weekend as well. I unlocked the local dimming/ THX feature. So it basically looks like the LW5600 unit. Amazing! Good value at this price!

mb93234

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mb93234

Delivered

Yep, this is *exactly* what I was worried about, it looks like they're just going to leave it without a signature. If it's still not possible to get tracking numbers can a staff member please respond to these posts and let us know what's going on? I just called FedEx and they said there is nothing coming to my address.