netmaster911

quality posts: 1 Private Messages netmaster911
dariusfresh wrote:that's confusing, because the 99 dollar, 3 year policy i saw explicitly said "refurbished"

Thank you for caught that in the FAQ section. I read my contract again, it's indeed a 3-year refurbished warranty. I went ahead and email them to clarify.

Stan0050

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Stan0050

Im glad to see they actually do cover the refurbished ones. I apologize if my previous post stressed anyone out, I just put on here what I read.

Now the question for me is if I should go for the 3 year or 5 year. I think the extra $25 a year is worth it even just for the surge protection. Anyone else considering the 5 year?

mb93234

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mb93234

Has the tracking info changed on anyone's 55" delivery? This is the last message that I have, with no change since 7/14:

Status changed to In Transit to Delivery Terminal

dariusfresh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dariusfresh
mb93234 wrote:Has the tracking info changed on anyone's 55" delivery? This is the last message that I have, with no change since 7/14:

same!

ashli143

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ashli143

I got my 47" yesterday and I live in Georgia. They tried to drop it off Monday but I wasn't at home, so the fedex guy called me yesterday and I went to meet him at my house on my lunch break. The tv looks great, I see no cosmetic damage and it looks brand new. It shipped in a generic box, that's my only clue that it's been refurbished. I'm going to hook it up tonight and test it out :D

Also, my tracking info that was emailed to me Monday said it would arrive on Thursday :P But I seriously don't mind, this tv is worth it.

hurst2008

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hurst2008

I called FedEx as another poster suggested on Monday and they didn't have any record of the shipment but Woot updated the tracking information that night which showed FedEx had it since Friday...anyway, showed up Tuesday. Works great...anyone know where Pandora is on this thing? I called myself looking last night but couldn't find it.

zxinfinity

quality posts: 18 Private Messages zxinfinity

Got my 47" 2 days ago (7/17). The Fedex driver showed how poorly the package was taped/enclosed. A single piece of tape on each side of the 2-piece box attempted to hold the box together, which failed. The TV was essentially floating around in the box, albeit within expanded foam bags. The driver indicated that she was delivering the exact same package to another local wooter less than a block away. That package also was inadequately taped.

I decided not to refuse the shipment, because I didn't have time to test the TV right then and there. I first noticed that the base was pre-attached, which made it a little more difficult and unwieldy to set up. Upon removing the plastic bag that it was in, I noticed a long dent on the back of the TV the size of my forearm. Fortunately, the picture and everything else appears to be ok.

In fact, the picture is quite amazing. I love all the features/apps included out of the box. Within a few minutes of setting up the TV, I had connected wirelessly to the internet and was watching Netflix. Auto-scan of my basic cable yielded more channel results than I was expecting (the cable guy said not to expect any HD channels carried over coax). The menus and remote control are very responsive.

I haven't had the chance to test out the full-fledged 3d picture (from a Blu-Ray source). The 2d to 3d mode didn't seem to work very well, all it really did was make the image blurry. Is there a way to control the depth? Haven't really played around enough just yet. One thing's for sure, I can't wait to get into the service menu and turn on local-dimming for some deeper, richer blacks.

One last thing, Woot! This set came with 4 pair of 3d glasses, not 2 pair! Each of the 2 boxes contained 2 pair of glasses! Typically, one would consider a "pair of glasses" to be one set. Am I confused or the only one who thought this meant just 2?

leyet101

quality posts: 2 Private Messages leyet101

Just got my 47" set up. The upper right corner is noticeably darker than the rest of the TV.

Anyone know if I need to go through LG to get this fixed?

humptyhump

quality posts: 0 Private Messages humptyhump
dariusfresh wrote:same!

Ditto. Going to call Seko for more info. Need to know when to ditch work. Hoping the 55" packaging is better than the 47" from the sound of it.

-chasing a wild goose.

dariusfresh

humptyhump wrote:Ditto. Going to call Seko for more info. Need to know when to ditch work. Hoping the 55" packaging is better than the 47" from the sound of it.

-chasing a wild goose.

please let me know what you hear from them!

kevinlund

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevinlund

Just thought I would add my two cents. I got my 47 inch in yesterday, got it all set up. Picture looks great, still need to do some fine tuning on the colors, etc. However, I did not get the included parts. The Remote, glasses, or wifi adapter. I saw on the postings here that several people have gotten these. I emailed Woot, they said to email LG, as they were shipping from the warehouse. I emailed LG about this, they replied back, and have said since it is a refurbished TV, none of that is included. I have emailed woot again, including all the info, and am waiting for a response. We shall see what happens.

ncc1701

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ncc1701
humptyhump wrote:Hoping the 55" packaging is better than the 47" from the sound of it.

My 55" TV was just delivered by Seko (they called yesterday to schedule delivery). The guy was nice enough to bring it up to my apartment even though they're only contracted for curbside delivery.

I haven't set it up yet, but the the packaging is as terrible as the 47" TVs apparently are -- basically the TV is loose in the box with some cardboard at the corners to keep the screen from hitting the side of the box when the TV flops around. I really hope it wasn't damaged.

It came with only one box of two 3D glasses -- one orange and one white. Most of the 3D theaters around here are Real-D systems and use the same disposable 3D glasses, so getting extra ones won't be a problem.

humptyhump

dariusfresh wrote:please let me know what you hear from them!

The date given is when they expect to have it, they'll schedule a delivery then. Considering trying to pick it up from them at their facility if it might avert potential damage on their truck (given what sounds like crappy packaging).

mb93234

ncc1701 wrote:My 55" TV was just delivered by Seko (they called yesterday to schedule delivery). The guy was nice enough to bring it up to my apartment even though they're only contracted for curbside delivery.

I haven't set it up yet, but the the packaging is as terrible as the 47" TVs apparently are -- basically the TV is loose in the box with some cardboard at the corners to keep the screen from hitting the side of the box when the TV flops around. I really hope it wasn't damaged.

It came with only one box of two 3D glasses -- one orange and one white. Most of the 3D theaters around here are Real-D systems and use the same disposable 3D glasses, so getting extra ones won't be a problem.

Did you at least get the wireless adapter and a remote unlike the poor soul above? Missing 2 of the glasses sucks though since the description explicitly says 2 *pairs*.

A1CEarl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages A1CEarl
mb93234 wrote:Did you at least get the wireless adapter and a remote unlike the poor soul above? Missing 2 of the glasses sucks though since the description explicitly says 2 *pairs*.

I'm just going to point out here that most people call a single sunglass a "pair of sunglasses", just like they do with a "pair of pants". So if I had to guess the other guy was actually the lucky one and they probably accidentally threw in 2 of the boxes of 2 in a hurry to get the TV's out.

mb93234

A1CEarl wrote:I'm just going to point out here that most people call a single sunglass a "pair of sunglasses", just like they do with a "pair of pants". So if I had to guess the other guy was actually the lucky one and they probably accidentally threw in 2 of the boxes of 2 in a hurry to get the TV's out.

You are correct. Please excuse my silliness.

netmaster911

quality posts: 1 Private Messages netmaster911
ncc1701 wrote:My 55" TV was just delivered by Seko (they called yesterday to schedule delivery). The guy was nice enough to bring it up to my apartment even though they're only contracted for curbside delivery.

Yup.. I guess I am not the only one with this kind of package.. There was no foam/bubble/etc.. The TV was easily flop around inside the generic box. I was fortunate that my TV was in good shape.. I really enjoyed this TV. Thanks WOOT!

leyet101

quality posts: 2 Private Messages leyet101
leyet101 wrote:Just got my 47" set up. The upper right corner is noticeably darker than the rest of the TV.

Anyone know if I need to go through LG to get this fixed?

It turns out there's a special person to contact for refurbished repair. I found a form tucked into the TV manual with warranty info and who to contact (the number is also on a sticker on the back of the TV). If you try calling LG's main service number, they will have you contact the dealer or offer you service at your expense.

I've sent in an email with all the necessary documentation and am currently awaiting a reply. Glad to hear most people got theirs relatively undamaged.

ncc1701

mb93234 wrote:Did you at least get the wireless adapter and a remote unlike the poor soul above?

Yes, I did get both the remote and the wi-fi dongle. Despite the horrendous packaging, the TV seems to be in good shape. What a relief!

Vigilante

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Vigilante

My 47 arrived today. Similarly crap packaging. In my case, though, there's a half inch scratch (more like a gouge) in the screen, and there was nothing in the screen-side of the box that could have caused it. Clearly caused by the refurb facility or original owner.

I'm guessing original owner, since it was clear the refurb guys never even opened the returned accessory bag. The 3D glasses box was crushed (contents survived); the remote was utterly, disgustingly filthy; and the manual is missing pages 27 through 46. And the TV even had the original owner's SmartTV profile still on it (without auto login, sadly).

TV works though. And the gouge seems to be unnoticeable without overhead lights on. Still, this is a very useful education on LG service's "quality" control.

Mike29892

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mike29892

I received my 47" tonight and it is badly damaged physically. It powers on but it has several large chips missing in the bezel paint. The bottom of the bezel is warped and bends out from the tv, several screws in the back do not even fit. There is also a two inch scratch on the screen in the upper right corner. And I had no 3D glasses in my box! Overall I am really upset.

humptyhump

I'm probably a week away from even getting my TV and I'm already disgusted with this purchase hearing from other Wooters. Candy canes and unicorns better come bursting from the box when I get it at this point for me to want to do business here again.

jaredmreynolds

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaredmreynolds

I received my long awaited 47" today thankfully!!! SIGH! Fedex tracking had said that today would be the delivery and they followed through. It came in poor packaging also with large foam pads on each of the corners and nothing else but plastic covering the screen. I examined the entire tv and there is no cosmetic damage and everything seems in order. I just mounted it and have tested all the features...

IT IS AMAZING!! I do not have the darker corner edges that I have read on some of the other televisions thankfully. The 2D-3D feature surprisingly very good and pops quite well. The imaging on HD channels and a Blue Ray movie I just watched are crystal clear! I have not tried a 3D dvd yet.

Happy with my purchase except for the long wait to receive the TV... definitely worth the money!

DTV express for warranty a good source to go through? The 3 year 99$ warranty for refurbished TVs??

mb93234

For those of you who have recieved the 55", did you see updates on the SEKO tracking page before you got the delivery call? I still don't have any updates after 7/14.

nocktherock2010

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nocktherock2010
mb93234 wrote:For those of you who have recieved the 55", did you see updates on the SEKO tracking page before you got the delivery call? I still don't have any updates after 7/14.

I called them and they said that it doesnt update while it is in transit (whats the point of tracking again? Lol). But they said that they will call and schedule an appointment before delivery.

tking24

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tking24

got mine yesterday. i think i would really like it if it didn't have a dead spot. looks like i'm going to have to use that 90 day warranty already.

stanleypup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stanleypup

does anyone know the phone number to contact SEKO about delivery?

thanks!

ncc1701

mb93234 wrote:For those of you who have recieved the 55", did you see updates on the SEKO tracking page before you got the delivery call? I still don't have any updates after 7/14.

The tracking info didn't change until after they had called me to schedule delivery.

ncc1701

stanleypup wrote:does anyone know the phone number to contact SEKO about delivery?

thanks!

They called me from their local office. You'll have to find the closest one to you on their website.

garyw81

quality posts: 1 Private Messages garyw81
tking24 wrote:got mine yesterday. i think i would really like it if it didn't have a dead spot. looks like i'm going to have to use that 90 day warranty already.

That's a bummer. Keep us updated with the process.

I'm a little nervous about mine coming next week.

eagles7277

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eagles7277

I am also really nervous about this purchase. I have a feeling that WOOT got a lead on some good TV's and jumped on it, not really knowing what was going on. Really unprofessional. I got a call from Sekologistics today and the guy said it's a huge box, about 1 foot by 6 feet (for thee 55"). But he said it was packed solidly and has an LG logo on the box. Do all the "brown boxes" have the LG logo on them??

stanleypup

ncc1701 wrote:They called me from their local office. You'll have to find the closest one to you on their website.

Thanks, I just arranged to pick it up at their local office on Monday morning.

This will be torture as I work a 14 hour day on Monday. So, I probably won't get to set it up and test it out until Tuesday...ugh...

stanleypup

eagles7277 wrote:I am also really nervous about this purchase. I have a feeling that WOOT got a lead on some good TV's and jumped on it, not really knowing what was going on. Really unprofessional. I got a call from Sekologistics today and the guy said it's a huge box, about 1 foot by 6 feet (for thee 55"). But he said it was packed solidly and has an LG logo on the box. Do all the "brown boxes" have the LG logo on them??

They told me it is 62 X 34 X 7...

ncc1701

eagles7277 wrote:I got a call from Sekologistics today and the guy said it's a huge box, about 1 foot by 6 feet (for thee 55"). But he said it was packed solidly and has an LG logo on the box. Do all the "brown boxes" have the LG logo on them??

Mine was 53 x 34 x 12. No logo on the box, just a model/serial number label. Maybe they ran out of generic boxes and had to use real LG ones. =)

nocktherock2010

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nocktherock2010

So I found out that this and few other models of 2011 TV do NOT support DTS. Not even pass through. And about 50% of the content and a lot of new 3D Blurays are DTS sound. We might be screwed unless the service menu has a fix for it!!

murphyw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages murphyw

Mine came today although Seko estimated delivery on the 23rd. No updates on the shipping-status-page till this morning when it got to my local airport.

Box looks a bit juggled/mushed, want to test it out, but life is busy and it must wait for Sunday before I can open it...

dariusfresh

nocktherock2010 wrote:So I found out that this and few other models of 2011 TV do NOT support DTS. Not even pass through. And about 50% of the content and a lot of new 3D Blurays are DTS sound. We might be screwed unless the service menu has a fix for it!!

if i'm running through a receiver, and then into the tv, this shouldn't be a problem, right? sorry, i'm kind of an a/v luddite.

jeremiahj

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jeremiahj

So, I have the TV. But this purchase certainly did not go the way I had expected.

Poor tracking notification:

After ~5 days without any tracking information update to my woot account, I contacted Woot support and received a reasonably prompt response. I was provided a waybill number and a tracking website to plug it into (feel free to check my previous post for exact details of the response).

Poor updates/communication:

The tracking details never actually updated -- it always read that it was in transit to hub. I called the carrier Monday and was told it was not in their warehouse but they expected it later that afternoon (sweet!). I was assured I would be contacted just as soon as they had it in hand in order to schedule delivery. The entire week passed with no tracking update or contact back. It was a busy week for me, so fine. Maybe they too are really busy or it arrived late. I did try contacting them via e-mail and phone once each during the week but never got new information and the e-mail went ignored response.

Do it yourself delivery:

I called them twice on Friday to confirm if the TV was in. my first call was right around noon -- I was told the TV was there but it was too late to schedule delivery. The agent was unclear as to how long it had been there, but I would need to wait until next Monday for someone to even call just to schedule a delivery date. Not wanting to wait another 4 - 5 days I offered to pick it up from them and save them the trouble. to this they said 'no problem', and that 'someone would call me to confirm it was ready to be picked up'. I waited till 5:35...called their office and got a recording that they closed @ 5:30 (really?!). I decide that I am not taking no for an answer anymore. I tracked down their after hours number and got a warehouse agent in the local hub to answer my call. After a small conversation he said I was welcome to come pick it up, which after 50 minutes of traffic and rain I did just that. Not how I wanted to spend Friday, but sometimes you just gotta do stuff you don't wanna.

I feel for the other Wooters out there waiting to get theirs:

Why do I feel for you? Because I saw the mess that was headed your way. After signing a delivery receipt the warehouse guy opened the bay door to reveal the utter mess that was my package (and yours too). He urged me to inspect the package since these arrived in such terrible condition (it was easy since the box flaps were hanging open from the lack of tape to secure them). He also pointed out that several of the boxes were totally crushed and figured there was no way the TVs could have survived. One of the ruined boxes had even fallen over and the TV had just slid right out onto the ground. My TV had literally no packing material or support. There was a bit of clear film over the TV edges (nothing on the screen) and there were some random cardboard bits flopping around with the remote, manual and stand. Given the location of my TV on the pallet I figure I was 'lucky' because my box was sandwiched between several other wooters TVs (thanks for letting me use your TV as packing support for mine).

My Final Take:

The company that was responsible for packaging these televisions did an absolutely terrible, awful, crap job. Any carrier with any sense would have flat out refused to take on any responsibilities for these. There is no way that packaging would protect the contents inside. A single band of tape across the top was never going to hold 70+ pounds of electronics inside either. Also, despite being insanely slow on shipping and updates, I feel bad for the carrier. Having worked in the logistics industry (indirectly) I expect that they are gonna get dinged for the damages when people start filing claims against their damaged televisions. I don't blame Woot much at all on this, but with that said, maybe Woot should ensure the products they sell are delivered to their customers on time and not broken. The buck stops with Woot, fair or not.

Inspect BEFORE you sign for it, make the guy wait if you have to.

shawn42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shawn42
jeremiahj wrote:So, I have the TV. But this purchase certainly did not go the way I had expected.

Poor tracking notification:

Poor updates/communication:

Do it yourself delivery:

I feel for the other Wooters out there waiting to get theirs:

My Final Take:

The company that was responsible for packaging these televisions did an absolutely terrible, awful, crap job. Any carrier with any sense would have flat out refused to take on any responsibilities for these. There is no way that packaging would protect the contents inside. A single band of tape across the top was never going to hold 70+ pounds of electronics inside either. Also, despite being insanely slow on shipping and updates, I feel bad for the carrier. Having worked in the logistics industry (indirectly) I expect that they are gonna get dinged for the damages when people start filing claims against their damaged televisions. I don't blame Woot much at all on this, but with that said, maybe Woot should ensure the products they sell are delivered to their customers on time and not broken. The buck stops with Woot, fair or not.

Inspect BEFORE you sign for it, make the guy wait if you have to.

wow. that doesn't give me the warm fuzzies about my tv, being delivered on monday (seko called today to schedule the delivery). so in your opinion, from whom do we get satisfaction regarding "the mess that's headed" our way? and if we have to refuse delivery due to obvious damage, then what?

jeremiahj

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jeremiahj
shawn42 wrote:wow. that doesn't give me the warm fuzzies about my tv, being delivered on monday (seko called today to schedule the delivery). so in your opinion, from whom do we get satisfaction regarding "the mess that's headed" our way? and if we have to refuse delivery due to obvious damage, then what?

I'd love for a Woot rep to chime in and explain this better...

In their absence I'll happily offer a few suggestions:

First off, insist on inspecting the television for visual damage before signing for it. If you are not comfortable with the physical condition, tell him that you don't want to accept the shipment. It's sucks for everyone but it's the safest way to keep you out of some pain later trying to get it replaced, etc. Signing for it technically relieves the shipper of any liability and means you will have to work with Woot for a replacement. In the end you might get stuck in a loop where they ask you to file a claim with the carrier and the carrier says 'you signed for it, tough cookies'. I've worked arond the logistics business long enough to know this happens A LOT.

Also, I would document the television as you unbox it. I didn't have this luxury when I picked mine up for various environmental reasons -- but just a few pictures of how it was packaged might go a long way towards any issues that crop up later.

Finally, relax. Woot is a great company and they will very likely make things right if you explain and document. There is a 90 day (LG) warranty behind it. And if you are feeling shaky about post-90 day failures, then drop the 99 - 149 bucks on the extended warranty. Personally I am on the fence right now on the extended warranty -- given the terrible shape the box was in I feel like I am being forced to buy it as protection against damage that happened in transit. Feelsbadman.