Hans17

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Hans17
globalhavoc wrote:I am so raging right now that I missed this, ohr my gord, I am a raging anger machine.

these better go on sale again soon so I can buy 5 pairs

I agree! This is the first time I saw that they were even posted and it says they're sold out... When was this even available?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hans17 wrote:I agree! This is the first time I saw that they were even posted and it says they're sold out... When was this even available?

It started at 9am on 7/10.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

repercussionist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages repercussionist

Not sure how on earth I missed this, but I am NONE TOO PLEASED. I hope these will be back up again really soon. My eye strain is being aggravated just from the stress of missing this sale.

zakdolan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zakdolan

I'm sad I missed this.

gsr187t

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gsr187t
holadayc wrote:I bought these and they made me nauseous and caused more eye strain than without them.

The reason was there's an undocumented magnification around the edge of the lens, I'm not sure why, so if you look straight through the edge of the lens your sight is very distorted. I was using a dual monitor setup so if I glanced at my 2nd monitor my vision would be distorted and doing this over and over caused the aforementioned symptoms. I started to adjust by moving my entire head instead of my eyes then my neck started to hurt, then I realized if I just took off the glasses all these problems went away. I returned the glasses that day.

The plus side of this is reading comments about these glasses led me to learn about Flux which is an application that does the same thing the glasses do and I love it.

Flux is just a software, you Can't use it for gaming on the PS3 or Xbox 360 and I have to install it on my other computers, Phones, tablets, ect...
then when there's an update i have to update all. Too much of a headache, rather just use glasses for easy on and off. Also I Can't use Flux at work do to Company firewall.

gabrielboston

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gabrielboston

I hope you guys are going to bring this one again, when I tried to order it was already sold out in the morning.

iceperson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iceperson
holadayc wrote:I bought these and they made me nauseous and caused more eye strain than without them.

The reason was there's an undocumented magnification around the edge of the lens, I'm not sure why, so if you look straight through the edge of the lens your sight is very distorted. I was using a dual monitor setup so if I glanced at my 2nd monitor my vision would be distorted and doing this over and over caused the aforementioned symptoms. I started to adjust by moving my entire head instead of my eyes then my neck started to hurt, then I realized if I just took off the glasses all these problems went away. I returned the glasses that day.

The plus side of this is reading comments about these glasses led me to learn about Flux which is an application that does the same thing the glasses do and I love it.

Sounds like you're sitting way too close to your monitors.

stunngun

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stunngun

I would very much like these to ship soon. :|

swaan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages swaan

Since these sell out so quickly, this question is in anticipation of them coming up again some time. Does anyone have experience with migraines and light sensitivity and whether these glasses affect that? I find that I can't always get my monitor low enough for comfort, but sunglasses are too dark.

stunngun

I've been gaming since I was a wee squirt, and I also have a job on the internet that requires staring at the screen for hours on end. I've only gotten a chance to use my friend's pair for a few minutes but I can testify that they DO indeed work, despite my skepticism on how effective they were. Letters seem clearer, eyes feel immediately relaxed upon putting them on. I'm really certain it's not just a placebo effect.

That said, I was quite sad when I missed out the last time these went on sale - was thrilled to find them again.

ventifact

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ventifact

These Have Been "SOLD OUT" For A Couple Of Days, Pull Them Down!

--Don't look at the sun.

christophermcdaniel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages christophermcdaniel

Have these shipped out for anyone as of yet? I'm anxious!

stunngun

christophermcdaniel wrote:Have these shipped out for anyone as of yet? I'm anxious!

Yes, I got my shipping notification and tracking number today. Was hoping to have them before the weekend but... oh well :P

rolandfier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rolandfier

Yeah I still havnt gotten my shipping info either and it says Status: Awaiting Shipping
I ordered the Wi-Five Adv Computer/Gaming Eyewear

kevito

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kevito
rolandfier wrote:Yeah I still havnt gotten my shipping info either and it says Status: Awaiting Shipping
I ordered the Wi-Five Adv Computer/Gaming Eyewear

Exactly the same for me.

Getting a bit odd by this point.

mhearon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mhearon

Well, they dropped off my box just a few minutes ago. I had ordered the $40 tortoise shell because that's all that was left. I grabbed my box opened it, found the nice looking gunnar box inside, opened it to find gunnar case with a foam interior and microfiber soft case. It all looks really nice, only one problem no glasses. I am going to need a refund or replacement.

kevito

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kevito

Tinfoil hat theory time.

Has anyone actually gotten their order successfully with no issues?

Because I wonder if the whole surplus Woot bought was borked or something, since some models haven't even shipped yet and one person says they received theirs with no item inside the box.

Maybe the Gunnar people just pulled a fast one on Woot and sold them empty boxes or something and they didn't realize it until halfway through shipping them out?

Or maybe I'm looking into it too much and the shipping guys are being lazy.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hey there. For those looking for tracking updates, you might try FedEx's “Track by Reference” feature to get tracking info using your order number. For some reason, this method works better sometimes.

Your order number is on your receipt which you can get via My Account. Leave the Account Number blank. Enter your order number in the reference box. Next, select your country and enter your zip code. Click TRACK and voilà, you may have tracking info.

If you still don't see anything, feel free to email service@woot.com.

Just a reminder that it can take up to 5 business days (not including the day you ordered) for your order to ship out.

Thanks!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

GrfxGawd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages GrfxGawd

Gunnar Optiks Stylus Advanced Computer/Gaming Eyewear - Bought a pair, got a pair. So far, so good.

Was a designer for over 11 years, did some notable stuff. Spent thousands of hours behind a monitor, not to mention being an avid gamer.

These suck. The lenses are much much too far from the eye to significantly affect humidity or moisture levels, so your eyes still get dry. They are also narrow so you see the lenses, meaning when you take them off after wearing them for a few hours you STILL see the lenses (after image, fun when trying to fall asleep). And mild blue block - really? Has no one learned to adjust the color temp of their monitor? It might help slightly with florescent lights, IF the lenses weren't so incredibly far from the face AND so narrow.

The frames are not amazing either. You put them on, they feel fine. Hours later your head hurts, you wonder why. You remove the glasses and gasp in relief.

Bottom line - $15 dollah', KACHING! $50 like I paid on here, over priced badly. $189 retail - if you pay that, I hope you get a free complimentary condom with it...

Want to pay good money and keep eyes moist and protected? Get a pair of Kids Safety Glasses made for BB Gun shooting. They'll fit close and snug, run about $2 and offer some actual protection for your eyes. Just a shame you can't find them in the awesome “diluted urine yellow” that makes Gunnar Optics all the rage.

daforgo10few

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daforgo10few

Hey Woot staff,

Any chance of another event like this? I seemed to have missed all the fun(again). I do see the MW3 ones you have up today but they are not my style. Though I def like some of the ones I missed and for that price I think i could give em a shot(since i would need a prescription lens installed for them to work which adds to my cost). Just a request.

vanuary

quality posts: 22 Private Messages vanuary
inkycatz wrote:That's a great question - I don't have glasses, but a lot of my gamer friends do.

You can get GUNNARS made with your prescription. To find out more, visit http://www.gunnars.com/rx/