3%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Sharp Portable AC
$219.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

bskuared

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bskuared

Does this include the adapter for a sliding door?

food. italy. food. italy. wine. books. travel. food. genealogy. food. wine. italy. food. get. the. idea?

San Clemente · http://www.italyandme.com

Jertyrael

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Jertyrael

Power hog!

"Woot and all our various sites will continue to be an independently operated company full of horrible, useless products and an untalented jerkface writing staff, same as it ever was." -- Matt Rutledge

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Here is the Operation Manual

I'll be back with more posts if it's a slow Friday night

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bskuared wrote:Does this include the adapter for a sliding door?

No, only a window adapter is included.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

chalion

quality posts: 8 Private Messages chalion

I hope the people who purchase this see how much this sucker weighs (88 lbs). If you're moving this I hope you don't need to drag it up a few sets of stairs.

It is a nice unit though and not having to dump a tray of water every so often is a nice bonus.

Recommended signature image size is 5k.

casey00001

quality posts: 14 Private Messages casey00001

Great in the event of power failure, you can still run off strong generator.

cowboyesfan

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cowboyesfan
chalion wrote:I hope the people who purchase this see how much this sucker weighs (88 lbs). If you're moving this I hope you don't need to drag it up a few sets of stairs.

It does come with wheels you know...

casey00001

quality posts: 14 Private Messages casey00001
bskuared wrote:Does this include the adapter for a sliding door?

Not practicle, think more in terms of how your clothes dryer vents to the outside. That is how these things work.

beck12

quality posts: 41 Private Messages beck12

Okay so my cousin has jealousy window sin her house & it's awful in this heat - this wouldn't work with type would it??? I can't see how it would, but I am not always sure if I am the most solid when it comes to understanding these things...lol

spending my kid's college funds one woot off at a time

geekwench

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekwench

Woot price is really good, but reviews on Amazon are a bit spotty.

xeju

quality posts: 7 Private Messages xeju

Is there any way to tell from the stats on this how big an area it can cool?

Looks like another heat wave is coming.

Hippster

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Hippster

"Bucketless Design - No water tank to empty. The built-in condensate disposal system sends the water out of the exhaust hose"

I got excited when I read this feature, however, from the reviews on Amazon and inside the manual itself, this feature does not seem to be there. Anyone have any insight?

[MOD: Sharp site says it does. The reviews are for a 3rd party retailer. It's possible they're commenting on a different model.]

rag15

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rag15

this AC unit needs an exhaust to outside. Seeing that this "portable" unit is more or less tethered to a window, why not just install a window unit instead? Window AC is far more efficient than a "portable" unit.

markmc27

quality posts: 6 Private Messages markmc27
xeju wrote:Is there any way to tell from the stats on this how big an area it can cool?

Looks like another heat wave is coming.

I have owned one of these for about a year. Or at least a Sharp that looks exactly the same. I have found that up in my L shaped living room it really cools the couch I tend to nap on and keep it cool.Mine is also a Whisper model, so I have found it is 2/3 less nosy than my older model.

Would have to move without it. I paid $398 at Costco. But Sharp has proven to be a great brand!

ednelson1111

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ednelson1111

I have an identical unit in my bedroom right now....I purchased it at a home improvement store last year (for about $120 more).

I live in Northern California, and it was 102-107 every day this week.

This unit is an absolute life saver for me and my wife. Our house does not have air conditioning (just a swamp cooler). Sleeping in the bedroom was horrible. This portable AC is amazing...turn it on, and within 10 minutes, the temp in the room drops from the 90's to the mid 60's (on max cool).

mystery250

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mystery250

Link didn't work for me.

CowboyDann wrote: Here is the Operation Manual

I'll be back with more posts if it's a slow Friday night

DarkZrobe

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DarkZrobe

"Special Information: A physical street address and phone number are required for delivery. Due to the size of this item, USPS will not be able to deliver thes"

Going to finish that statement woot?

CowboyDann

cowboyesfan wrote:It does come with wheels you know...

My piano has wheels, didn't make it any easier carrying it up stairs.

mystery250

Here's a direct link to the PDF from their website:

http://files.sharpusa.com/Downloads/ForHome/HomeEnvironment/AirConditioners/Manuals/air_man_CV2P10SC.pdf

mystery250 wrote:Link didn't work for me.

CowboyDann

I'm sorry to hear, I currently 16 people viewing it. I don't know what is wrong with your computer. Try a different browser maybe?

lwang

quality posts: 32 Private Messages lwang

Does these 1 hose unit work? All I can see is that it sucks the cooled air from the room and dump it outside the window.

MichXelle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages MichXelle

Great deal and great warranty for refurb. I put it up on twitter, its that good in my opinion.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

mystery250

Does this pull too much power to be used with an extension cord?

psykotherapy1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages psykotherapy1

Bought one of these a few years ago for nearly twice the price b/c our home office was just not cooling between the desktops and other devices my spouse and I have in it. Because the office was facing a street, we did not want a window unit. It was a life saver. We were able to keep the screen on the window, so it was hardly noticeable. On a side note, it is also is compatible with harmony remotes.

galaxian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages galaxian
rag15 wrote:this AC unit needs an exhaust to outside. Seeing that this "portable" unit is more or less tethered to a window, why not just install a window unit instead? Window AC is far more efficient than a "portable" unit.

That's where "portable" comes in. Moving a window unit is not fun. They're usually heavy units and you're trying not to drop it out the window while taking it out or putting it in. Basically, once you've put it in the window, it's there for the summer. With a portable unit, you can roll it around to whatever room you temporarily need cooling in and easily run the hose to any available window.

jabopa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jabopa

FYI. The link supplied causes a PDF to download. It doesn't re-direct to a website. If you have heavy security levels set, might not open. Also may need PDF reader.

KamikazeKen

quality posts: 17 Private Messages KamikazeKen

these are awesome for camping, if your campground has electrical hookups. A similar unit was very much appreciated when I was camping in central Ohio july 3-8....

DaveInSoCal

quality posts: 17 Private Messages DaveInSoCal
markmc27 wrote:I have owned one of these for about a year. Or at least a Sharp that looks exactly the same. I have found that up in my L shaped living room it really cools the couch I tend to nap on and keep it cool.Mine is also a Whisper model, so I have found it is 2/3 less nosy than my older model.

Would have to move without it. I paid $398 at Costco. But Sharp has proven to be a great brand!

I'll second this. I have the sharp 10k btu unit and love it. Works great and cold my 12x12 office or 15x18 bedroom. rolls easy, even on carpet. Window vent is cake to install, and switches easily between windows of the same height or width.

I recommend sharp ac units with no hesitation.

stevewright

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stevewright
rag15 wrote:this AC unit needs an exhaust to outside. Seeing that this "portable" unit is more or less tethered to a window, why not just install a window unit instead? Window AC is far more efficient than a "portable" unit.

There are some types of windows that will not accommodate a window AC unit -- for example, casement windows that open with a crank.

Also, there are some apartment and condominium complexes that do not allow window units. I happen to live in one.

ThatPoshGirl

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ThatPoshGirl

Arg, I'm in Az and my central a/c just went out. Wish I could afford this.

It should cool up to about 500 square feet.

CowboyDann

I had a portable air conditioner for my room. My energy Bill went up 80 dollars a month and I was running it ~4-5 hours a day.

How much do you think this will cost to run a month? let's go for 5 hours a day 7 days a week.

stuntdriver

quality posts: 9 Private Messages stuntdriver

Great price, in for one!

Question is, will it ship before the one I ordered on Woot!plus July 3rd.

• World of WootCrap lv5 07/11/14
  • Bag of Shirt Crap 7/11/14
  • Personal Facebook Crap 6/25/14
  • 12 Days of Crapness 12/8/13
  • in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
  • Big ol' Catapult 4/26/12
  • Big ol' Catapult 3/22/12
  • Big ol' Catapult 6/15/11
  • Random Crap (Level 8) 4/1/11
  • Random Crap (Level 2) 4/1/11
  • Random Crap 10/21/10
  • Random Crap 9/22/10
  • Random Crap 8/20/10
  • Adventure Crap 4/1/10
  • Random Crap 1/28/10
  • Santa’s Sack O’ Crap 12/25/09
  • Random Crap 12/25/08
  • Random Crap 6/20/08
  • Random Crap 4/1/08
  • Sansa e250 11/5/07 (The one that started it all!)

w4jle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages w4jle
lwang wrote:Does these 1 hose unit work? All I can see is that it sucks the cooled air from the room and dump it outside the window.

Only one hose is needed as the heat is piped out of the room. All air conditioners work on the same principal. The gas expands into the cooling side and a fan blows room air over the cooling coils. The gas picks up the heat and is discharged in this case out the window as the fan blows over the heat side coils. The compressor sends it back to the cooling side to start all over again.

Calling an Illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

jackmcdowell

quality posts: 18 Private Messages jackmcdowell

This only has one exhaust hose, which I've read makes for a less efficient unit when I last purchased a portable AC. A quick web search claims that:
"The mere existence of the second hose makes a dual exhaust unit cool a room quickly, almost three times faster. These are generally a better buy than single exhaust units, and you can expect to pay more for a better performance."

ericshmerick

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ericshmerick

We have a similar version from Costco. We are on our 3rd one. The first had an AWFUL vibration from the compressor. You could hear it throughout the entire house. Returned.

The second one had this buzzing sound every 5 seconds or so. Sharp said it was the ion plasmacluster thingy doing it's job. Kept us up all night. Returned.

The third is quiet, but doesn't seem to cool that well. Still have it, but thinking about returning (thank god for Costco).

So, buyer beware with these units. If you get one that's perfect, buy a lottery ticket cause you're lucky!

Good price though. We paid $389 + tax. Ouch. Tempted to buy this and return the Costco one...

garylapointe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garylapointe
Hippster wrote:"Bucketless Design - No water tank to empty. The built-in condensate disposal system sends the water out of the exhaust hose"

I got excited when I read this feature, however, from the reviews on Amazon and inside the manual itself, this feature does not seem to be there. Anyone have any insight?

[MOD: Sharp site says it does. The reviews are for a 3rd party retailer. It's possible they're commenting on a different model.]

But the manual clearly talks about how to drain it when it gets full. See page EN-26 of the PDF manual. Drain out water within the unit in the following cases.
• When the unit stops operating and the TIMER, AIR CON and MAXIMUM lamps are
blinking, the water tank is full and need to be drained.
• When the unit is not used for a long time

If I put this in the bedroom upstairs, draining it will be very difficult for me.

This is the only thing that concerns me and is stopping me from purchasing it.

Gary

Gary

Gary Said... (my blog) GHotos (my PHotos) Montezuma Pacific (photos from my favorite section of Costa Rica)
The Daily Meme.

tmack0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tmack0

Now that woot is in Amazon's datacenters, they are getting rid of all their portable AC units they had to turn on for wootoff Balloons of Celebration??

evilmicrowizard

quality posts: 7 Private Messages evilmicrowizard
jackmcdowell wrote:This only has one exhaust hose, which I've read makes for a less efficient unit when I last purchased a portable AC.

Given what a pain the single hose is to handle, I can't imagine trying to route two hoses. Also, I almost never see the dual-hose ones offered - in fact, I don't think I've ever seen a dual hose unit in person at the few big-box stores I've looked in when shopping for an air conditioner.

Still if the hoses were easy enough to handle I'd be game to try...