0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Guess we'll have to use the back door for a bit. I've put in a call for someone to smack the server to get the discussion links on the main page.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
SANYO 42" 1080p LCD HDTV
$299.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

ienvyno1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ienvyno1

I love how they took the time to show you that this unit comes with a power cord by showing the first 2 pictures from the same viewing angle. Might have taken 1 of those pics and possibly showed the televison from a different angle or maybe just a pic with all the accessories included in 1 snap shot.

mitrebox

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mitrebox

http://reviews.walmart.com/1336/16401798/sanyo-42-class-lcd-1080p-60hz-hdtv-dp42841-reviews/reviews.htm

Most reviews of this product give it either one or 5 stars. A lot of customers complain about audio or video problems within the first 2 years.

leita

quality posts: 2 Private Messages leita

I am watching mine right now and like it. But it's slow to respond when changing channels. (Slow = two/three seconds for the t.v. to catch up.)

faaaaq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages faaaaq
leita wrote:I am watching mine right now and like it. But it's slow to respond when changing channels. (Slow = two/three seconds for the t.v. to catch up.)

who buys a TV like this and doesnt have a cable/satellite box? lol. i havent changed the channel on an HDTV other than when I lost cable for a bit :P

pwrof3

quality posts: 4 Private Messages pwrof3

Wish it were better than 60hz refresh rate. I am currently using a 35" with 60hz and you can really see ghosting. I assume it would look even worse on a 42"

notalwaysso

quality posts: 1 Private Messages notalwaysso
faaaaq wrote:who buys a TV like this and doesnt have a cable/satellite box? lol. i havent changed the channel on an HDTV other than when I lost cable for a bit :P

I do so that's someone. I watch mostly blu-ray or streaming, but sometimes PBS or one of the major networks. . .could care less about cable, the cost or satellite.

mshnryman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mshnryman

looks like wm sells for this price on a regular basis - http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sanyo-Refurbished-42-Class-LCD-1080p-60Hz-HDTV-DP42841/21007356?findingMethod=rr

ThunderThighs

Staff

faaaaq wrote:who buys a TV like this and doesnt have a cable/satellite box? lol. i havent changed the channel on an HDTV other than when I lost cable for a bit :P

Me? I have cable but only one TV with a DVR set top. The rest just connect directly to the TV.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

geekwench

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekwench

Squall-mart reviews, plus a few [MOD: Removed the Amazon link as it was a different model]

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Here it was last time in June while I was on vacation.

Sold out before lunch time last time. Took the liberty to add the manual to my google docs for easier viewing. It can be viewed here The User Manual.

kjlane

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kjlane
mshnryman wrote:looks like wm sells for this price on a regular basis - http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sanyo-Refurbished-42-Class-LCD-1080p-60Hz-HDTV-DP42841/21007356?findingMethod=rr

Hmm! So if it's always available at this price then what's the incentive to buy it from woot?

MickWeeze

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MickWeeze

Just bought the same set from Sam's Club, new and in the box, for the same price.

khadaji

quality posts: 4 Private Messages khadaji

Someone who pays $35 per month for a basic TV/35Mbps DL package, and a lot of HD space.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Oh me. Oh my.
What do I see?
The price is down to $289.99.

Now, go buy three.

PS: If you've already purchased this item, you will automatically be refunded the difference. Go forth and celebrate.

mshnryman

kjlane wrote:Hmm! So if it's always available at this price then what's the incentive to buy it from woot?

I'm assuming that the $10 that was just knocked off was their response to the faux outrage of a price actually being the same (gasp) as woot's. That usually is pretty rare, as woot's deals are at least a few months ahead of their time.

mshnryman

scooterdeb wrote:Yes, and they will ship it for an additional $25 and charge you sales tax...

Free site-to-store though.

I'm not saying that WM is better or even the same, just that the original sale price here wasn't very woot-ish.

The cons of buying @ WM would be sales tax (as you stated, which would make it about $13 more) and actually having to haul it from the store to your residence, rather than picking it up at your door.

ang987

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ang987

i almost bought it...until i looked at the reviews and pricing on other sites

dehlert

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dehlert

I've had mine (bought @ WM) for about a year and like it just fine.

geredeth

quality posts: 4 Private Messages geredeth
mshnryman wrote:Free site-to-store though.

I'm not saying that WM is better or even the same, just that the original sale price here wasn't very woot-ish.

The cons of buying @ WM would be sales tax (as you stated, which would make it about $13 more) and actually having to haul it from the store to your residence, rather than picking it up at your door.

Not to mention, when you order from a store you can pick it up and check for damage. I will never order another TV from online. One came broken, another came with a deep scratch on the screen. One Newegg, one Walmart. Newegg took me weeks to get a refund, Walmart I just walked up front and said I am not paying.
So yeah, for the few dollars more (now) I would order free-shipping to Walmart so you have a chance to ensure you get a non-delivery-company destroyed television. As the saying goes though, YMMV.

doc362

quality posts: 4 Private Messages doc362

Someone that doesn't feel it's necessary for the Roman empire to sack their bank account and run away with a ridiculous amount of loot every 30 days in exchange for a thousand television stations filled to the brim with advertisements and almost nothing redeeming in terms of content.

Elevated "TV packages" that force you to buy tons of channels you would never watch just so you can get the one you will are also a good reason to avoid cable and satellite providers altogether.

doc362

quality posts: 4 Private Messages doc362
MickWeeze wrote:Just bought the same set from Sam's Club, new and in the box, for the same price.

More woot trickery. You'd think they would at least google their deals before putting them online.

ThunderThighs

Staff

doc362 wrote:More woot trickery. You'd think they would at least google their deals before putting them online.

Trickery? Don't you think you're being a little hard on the Woot, Doc?

I looked on the Sams Club site and it's not there.

As far as competitive pricing, our buyers do check pricing when the sale is being set up. Problem is that prices on other sites change and for some of the larger sites, they can change multiple times in a day.

We try our bestest. Believe me. Just as you do your best as a good consumer to find the best deal.

saviormachine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages saviormachine
pwrof3 wrote:Wish it were better than 60hz refresh rate. I am currently using a 35" with 60hz and you can really see ghosting. I assume it would look even worse on a 42"

Ghosting is caused by long response and hold times (these metrics are measured in milliseconds), not the refresh rate (measured in Hertz).

pickup1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pickup1

So is this decent for the price or what?

pickup1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pickup1

Aakkk!25 bucks in tax!

clanecks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages clanecks
doc362 wrote:More woot trickery. You'd think they would at least google their deals before putting them online.

It's not as if deals and prices are made literally the day of the deal. Sometimes prices drop after woot buyers set up a deal weeks in advance. These sort of deals take planning. It's not really trickery, it's called competing in a dynamic market where woot can't control its competitors' pricing

I am not responsible for this post.

yesmyok

quality posts: 2 Private Messages yesmyok
doc362 wrote:Someone that doesn't feel it's necessary for the Roman empire to sack their bank account and run away with a ridiculous amount of loot every 30 days in exchange for a thousand television stations filled to the brim with advertisements and almost nothing redeeming in terms of content.

I quit cable in 2005. $120/month X 7 years = $10080. That's a lot of woots (and kid's college fund). Broadcast/Cable TV is pretty much a wasteland. Anything decent can be seen online or DVD with a little patience. My local library is better than NetFlix for new movies!

salw55

quality posts: 0 Private Messages salw55

Purchased this TV at walmart last november for $381, that was with the tax and the 3 year service agreement for my husband's bar. Zoned out during a few games, and had to take it to a authorized dealer for repair. After the 90 days on Walmart receipt, Now fixed works fine and he loves it. So does all his friends. Will say just got delivered the 42 " RCA fro the Woot Off, and hooked up, looking great so far. I love sanyo's and love RCA. So what ever floats your boat.

sharon a. linke white

clubmqt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clubmqt

How many watts are the speakers?

taulepton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taulepton

Consumer Reports says they liked the picture quality and remote's ease of use. The on-screen menu got a fair rating; you have to scroll through all options to get to the one you want and can't go backwards through them.

I'm concerned about high altitude freak-out, but the Square Trade warranty might get me though to when that typically happens.

km2577

quality posts: 0 Private Messages km2577

I had one and loved it. Then someone liked it enough to steal it. Now looking for a larger one.

Ringo4422

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Ringo4422

4,000:1 contrast ratio is about the worst contrast spec I've seen to date. This number represents that it will only display shades of gray without any blacks. It's either a misprint or this set is incapable of displaying any blacks.

Vizio 32” 720p LCD HDTV (2 of them), Seagate 750GB SATA/300 7200RPM Hard Drive, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual Digital HDTV Tuner, Kodak Theater HD Player, Acer Aspire One 10.1” Netbook, Philips Prestigo 8-Device Universal Remote, Asus Eee PC 900 Netbook with 1.6GHz Atom Processor, Philips Upconverting DVD Player with DivX and HDMI, Ashley Rock Axe Full Size Rockband and Guitar Hero Controller for PS2 and PS3, Philips Icon 5 Device Universal Remote, and a bunch of other carp.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 93 Private Messages radi0j0hn

Me. Netflix, DVDs and rabbit ears for PBS and local news. Most of what is on cable is no good and I don't have time to watch to make it worth installing.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

ProppaT

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ProppaT
Ringo4422 wrote:4,000:1 contrast ratio is about the worst contrast spec I've seen to date. This number represents that it will only display shades of gray without any blacks. It's either a misprint or this set is incapable of displaying any blacks.

There's no standard for contrast ratios, so they don't mean a whole heck of a lot. This is a cheap LCD screen, so I would never expect the black levels to be good to begin with, but the number is arbitrary.

Ringo4422

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Ringo4422
radi0j0hn wrote:Me. Netflix, DVDs and rabbit ears for PBS and local news. Most of what is on cable is no good and I don't have time to watch to make it worth installing.

I also do this same setup. I can do a lot with an extra $120 a month worth of expanded cable, HD service, DVR converter box, communications taxes, etc. Basic cable, built in TV tuner in the TV, Netflix and a Blueray player and I'm set. Most people are unaware that they can watch all local HD programming just by connecting the cable to the TV and leaving the cable box out.

Vizio 32” 720p LCD HDTV (2 of them), Seagate 750GB SATA/300 7200RPM Hard Drive, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual Digital HDTV Tuner, Kodak Theater HD Player, Acer Aspire One 10.1” Netbook, Philips Prestigo 8-Device Universal Remote, Asus Eee PC 900 Netbook with 1.6GHz Atom Processor, Philips Upconverting DVD Player with DivX and HDMI, Ashley Rock Axe Full Size Rockband and Guitar Hero Controller for PS2 and PS3, Philips Icon 5 Device Universal Remote, and a bunch of other carp.

gurdassingh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gurdassingh

So, Walmart has it for $299 + free shipping to store + tax (for NC = $21). What tips it in favor of Walmart is their extended warranty is only $29 for 3 years.

Teknowolff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Teknowolff
ThunderThighs wrote:Oh me. Oh my.
What do I see?
The price is down to $289.99.

Now, go buy three.

PS: If you've already purchased this item, you will automatically be refunded the difference. Go forth and celebrate.

Thanks for the info on the automatic price reduction. I was thinking I lost $30 overnight (already purchased three)...