zeakey43

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zeakey43
mitrebox wrote:http://reviews.walmart.com/1336/16401798/sanyo-42-class-lcd-1080p-60hz-hdtv-dp42841-reviews/reviews.htm

Most reviews of this product give it either one or 5 stars. A lot of customers complain about audio or video problems within the first 2 years.

I bought this set over 3 years ago at walmart for 850.--great tv for the money.I had to replace it when I hit the screen with my WI while playing a bowling game about a month ago.--I wish I saw this ad then.

escalante

quality posts: 8 Private Messages escalante

This 42” thing uses 178 watts? Yikes, that is much more than my 55” TV I purchased 2 years ago (it uses 138 watts).

And no cable for me either, I gave it up over 20 years ago.

jjness

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jjness

I purchased this TV (or an earlier model of it at least, looks identical) nearly 4 years ago now at Walmart. It has since then been subjected to thousands of hours of Playstation 3 where my buddies and I played Call of Duty Modern Warfare all the way up to present day, or hundreds of hours of Final Fantasy games, all in a smoke-filled basement. It's held up very well, but occasionally we'd get some problem with the HDMI sound that would be fixed by turning the TV off and on again.

I'd almost buy a new one, but my next tv will be LED so sorry Woot, not this time!

rebirf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rebirf

I bought this tv new at wal-mart last week and so far it is working perfectly. The only problem I had was a weird hdmi connection on the third port, but it seems to have cleared itself up(it might also have been the new cable). I was a little worried because I had been looking at more expensive tvs and then just decided on this one while at the store, but it has not disappointed. The menu and input/channel changes are a bit slow, but nothing to not buy the tv over.

thelogger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thelogger

we'd get some problem with the volume going down. It would sometimes be fixed by turning the TV off and on again.

woo1965mu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woo1965mu

I bought this same television from Woot about three weeks ago and paid $299.99 for it. The second day I had it, the screen went black and it would not power up. I contacted Woot, who said they could not replace it because they did not have any more. My only options were to return it or to have it repaired under the short warranty. It is still in the shop. Now I see they are selling them again!!!!

okfuz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages okfuz

The product pictures for this item are really leaving a lot to be desired. It would be nice to be able to get an idea of what this thing looks like from other angles without having to Google it...

technohead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages technohead

I bought this when it was last on Woot a few weeks ago. Decent TV, but it came with an RCA remote. Guess the refurb packing guys were tired that day. Was told by Woot to call Sanyo since it was still under warranty. Sanyo said they would ship me a replacement, but after a month, have yet to see it. Doesn't matter because I have a universal remote to work all my stuff, but was irritating nonetheless. Oh, and the sound problems that some people complain about can be fixed by setting your own manual settings. I have no beef with the sound after messing around with the settings.

endcapitalism

quality posts: 2 Private Messages endcapitalism
pwrof3 wrote:Wish it were better than 60hz refresh rate. I am currently using a 35" with 60hz and you can really see ghosting. I assume it would look even worse on a 42"

No cable or satellite service will give you a signal over 60hz = mute point.

ahecht

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ahecht
endcapitalism wrote:No cable or satellite service will give you a signal over 60hz = mute point.

moot point

bomama94

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bomama94

Yeah with the 2 year SquareTrade warranty added, the total for this set is $362.98. Buying the exact same refurbished model from WalMart using free site-to-store shipping, getting the two year warranty, and paying sales tax (assuming 10%) would come out to 349.99. Given how old this model is and the history of these tv's not lasting very long, I would definitely hold off on buying.

JUICEDCOUPE

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JUICEDCOUPE

You guys with no cable what are you doing for internet?

miramarguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages miramarguy
JUICEDCOUPE wrote:You guys with no cable what are you doing for internet?

Using AT&T uverse? or Verizon Fios?

wshankga

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wshankga

Well...hate i missed the birthday party.

Lots and lots of woots but the screaming monkey with green cape makes me the happiest.

Digital Blue PC Animation Station
First sucker: ELIJAH98
Speed to first woot: 0m 9.003s
Wooter to blame for sellout: wshankga

saviormachine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages saviormachine
endcapitalism wrote:No cable or satellite service will give you a signal over 60hz = mute point.

"Moot point." Also, it is not moot. Even when the source signal is 60Hz or less (and unless it's video game animation, especially PC game animation, it's pretty much always <60Hz) modern displays (especially LCDs) interpolate additional frames to smooth their display of motion.

billchase2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages billchase2

Dang, missed it. Does the "I want one" button bounce anymore? Last I saw, it was still available then I came back and it was gone.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

billchase2 wrote:Dang, missed it. Does the "I want one" button bounce anymore? Last I saw, it was still available then I came back and it was gone.

It kinda throbs or pulses now. If you do the Twitter thing, you can follow the account for all the sites. They send out a Last Call tweet when an item is getting close to selling out.

@woot
@woothome
@wootsport
@wootkids. And so on

There's also @wootoff to get all the wootoff items from all sites. That'll flood your twitter during woot-offs so be warned.

And @wootlive which is the writers.

Oh, and @wootservice.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

doctorray1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doctorray1

went ahead & bought one from wm......had to pay txes..but local pick up & better warranty options made the 10.00 not an issue.

blockzeh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blockzeh

AMEN brother/sister! I pay all this money to watch !@#$ commercials. They've basically now made it so that you really can't even watch TV unless you pay for some sort of cable. I bet the cable and productions companies are so far up Obama's "you know what"! Healthcare! Heck ... fix cable TV and you cure half of our country's problems all at once.

doc362 wrote:Someone that doesn't feel it's necessary for the Roman empire to sack their bank account and run away with a ridiculous amount of loot every 30 days in exchange for a thousand television stations filled to the brim with advertisements and almost nothing redeeming in terms of content.

Elevated "TV packages" that force you to buy tons of channels you would never watch just so you can get the one you will are also a good reason to avoid cable and satellite providers altogether.

chrisandethan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chrisandethan

I picked this up when it was 300, and But that just adds ten bucks bonus to the real reason I shipped to home instead of site to store with wally...

...Because my apartment complex has a tiny office, and I quite dislike the ladies down there...

Also, I quite like woot cx service over wally cx service.

omariasante

quality posts: 0 Private Messages omariasante

Bad TV with such poor picture quality. Will never spend on a Sanyo TV again.I'll rate it -3.

dawnandrews

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dawnandrews
ThunderThighs wrote:Oh me. Oh my.
What do I see?
The price is down to $289.99.

Now, go buy three.

PS: If you've already purchased this item, you will automatically be refunded the difference. Go forth and celebrate.

According to "Phil" in customer service:
I'm sorry, our site doesn't offer price matching, or price guarantees.
We simply try to be the lowest price on the web for the one day we are selling that one item.
Sorry Again,
Phil

So I got Woot-screwed!

ThunderThighs

Staff

dawnandrews wrote:According to "Phil" in customer service:
I'm sorry, our site doesn't offer price matching, or price guarantees.
We simply try to be the lowest price on the web for the one day we are selling that one item.
Sorry Again,
Phil

So I got Woot-screwed!

If ordered the item today, you will automatically be refunded the $10. You should have an email about that already or soon.

If you purchased the item previous (i.e. another day), then we don't match the price. Sorry if my explanation caused confusion.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

docjay519

quality posts: 0 Private Messages docjay519

I don't suppose anyone knows when this is going to be shipped out. My status still says "Awaiting Shipping"

djs017

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djs017
docjay519 wrote:I don't suppose anyone knows when this is going to be shipped out. My status still says "Awaiting Shipping"

i still have the same message also.... not sure what the hold up is.

Kenyonweiss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kenyonweiss
djs017 wrote:i still have the same message also.... not sure what the hold up is.

I'm not gettin' it. Why would it take this long to ship? I want my MTV!

otyce

quality posts: 1 Private Messages otyce

Thanks for the heads up on shipping. Bought this on Sunday, received it Thursday...and was notified it had shipped 4 hours after receipt...no other communication received...Has Woot fallen into the dreaded "Big Boy" syndrome?

McGurk

quality posts: 5 Private Messages McGurk

Got a message on Thursday, and received it today (Friday). Works fantastic for the money! For now at least...

austiniv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages austiniv

First and last woot. Totally busted screen upon delivery

ThunderThighs

Staff

austiniv wrote:First and last woot. Totally busted screen upon delivery

I am so sorry for the problem with your TV. Please email service@woot.com so they may help you.

erict

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erict

Mine worked for only a couple of minutes. The sound went out and now there are popping, crackling sounds coming out the back like a circuit board is frying. The Woot sale page clearly states that this comes with a Sanyo 90 day warranty, but the manual included has some 3rd party refurbisher as warranty contact. If I have to pay return shipping on something that arrived defective, then Woot has save me no money at all on this!

dkfischer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dkfischer

Mine arrived with box half open... unpacked it and plugged it in and it turns on to show the choose store or home setup screen and then won't do anything the channel buttons on the set don't work the remote does nothing... any one else having these problems... may not woot! again if this is how they roll...

ThunderThighs

Staff

dkfischer wrote:Mine arrived with box half open... unpacked it and plugged it in and it turns on to show the choose store or home setup screen and then won't do anything the channel buttons on the set don't work the remote does nothing... any one else having these problems... may not woot! again if this is how they roll...

With electronics, I always try unplugging it for an hour or so to completely discharge everything electronic and then try again.

If it's still a no go, contact service@woot.com and they'll help you out.

erict

After an email and phone call, the 3rd party refurbisher, "Sohnen Enterprises, Inc." emailed only a return authorization to fix the defective TV. No one returned my phone call, nor any reply to my request that they send a replacement unit since this one arrived defective. It looks like it is VERY important to know who does the refurbishing on products. I was under the impression that this was a Sanyo factory refurb since the ad said it had a 90 day Sanyo warranty. I am hoping Woot can help out in some way,as return shipping would be more than $60 on this thing

erict wrote:Mine worked for only a couple of minutes. The sound went out and now there are popping, crackling sounds coming out the back like a circuit board is frying. The Woot sale page clearly states that this comes with a Sanyo 90 day warranty, but the manual included has some 3rd party refurbisher as warranty contact. If I have to pay return shipping on something that arrived defective, then Woot has save me no money at all on this!

ThunderThighs

Staff

erict wrote:After an email and phone call, the 3rd party refurbisher, "Sohnen Enterprises, Inc." emailed only a return authorization to fix the defective TV. No one returned my phone call, nor any reply to my request that they send a replacement unit since this one arrived defective. It looks like it is VERY important to know who does the refurbishing on products. I was under the impression that this was a Sanyo factory refurb since the ad said it had a 90 day Sanyo warranty. I am hoping Woot can help out in some way,as return shipping would be more than $60 on this thing

Go ahead and email service@woot.com and explain what's going on. Perhaps they can give you some options.

RonnyBoy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages RonnyBoy
ienvyno1 wrote:I love how they took the time to show you that this unit comes with a power cord by showing the first 2 pictures from the same viewing angle. Might have taken 1 of those pics and possibly showed the televison from a different angle or maybe just a pic with all the accessories included in 1 snap shot.

The photographer was either a union member or a retired government bureaucrat.

I joined on April 15, 2005, instead of working on my taxes. The hell with taxes.

erict

ThunderThighs wrote:Go ahead and email service@woot.com and explain what's going on. Perhaps they can give you some options.

Thanks Woot for all the help and doing the right thing!

CDUAbove

quality posts: 6 Private Messages CDUAbove

I gotta say...I'm very happy with all aspects of this purchase so far.

I bought the TV for my parents on my iPhone while visiting them in Northern California. They live in the mountains and 3G was in and out. I made the purchase but missed the chance to change the shipping address before the final "I do".
I emailed Woot's customer service and asked them to make the change. The TV arrived at my parents home just four days after the sale. The TV works perfectly thus far and they were very appreciative.

Thank you Woot...good job.

lisasherrod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lisasherrod

It worked for 4 days and then the sound went out. I called Sanyo and they said they do not offer any warranty for refurbished products. Still waiting for Woot Service to return my email (Woot doesn't offer a phone number for questions or service). I am hoping that I am not going to be disappointed with my very first electronic purchase from Woot!

erict

lisasherrod wrote:It worked for 4 days and then the sound went out. I called Sanyo and they said they do not offer any warranty for refurbished products. Still waiting for Woot Service to return my email (Woot doesn't offer a phone number for questions or service). I am hoping that I am not going to be disappointed with my very first electronic purchase from Woot!

The sound stopped working on mine before I could even get it all set up. I hope that this isn't a problem for too many others. The 3rd party refurbisher will not offer you anything except that you pay (in my case) $60 to return it to them to "repair" it. I am wondering if this model has some problem that was causing the sound to go out and the refurbisher just slapped in a partial replacement of a circuit board that didn't really solve the underlying problem. These might well be a refurb well worth buying an extended warranty on.

Keep trying Woot - they are good people in my experience!