ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

erict wrote:The sound stopped working on mine before I could even get it all set up. I hope that this isn't a problem for too many others. The 3rd party refurbisher will not offer you anything except that you pay (in my case) $60 to return it to them to "repair" it. I am wondering if this model has some problem that was causing the sound to go out and the refurbisher just slapped in a partial replacement of a circuit board that didn't really solve the underlying problem. These might well be a refurb well worth buying an extended warranty on.

Keep trying Woot - they are good people in my experience!

If you haven't already, you might contact service@woot.com to see if they can help or advise.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

erict

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erict
ThunderThighs wrote:If you haven't already, you might contact service@woot.com to see if they can help or advise.

I did and they were a great help!!

sasandashti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sasandashti

I bought this TV and only after a few hours of working, it has lost its sound entirely. Has anybody else had any problems?

erict

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erict
sasandashti wrote:I bought this TV and only after a few hours of working, it has lost its sound entirely. Has anybody else had any problems?

Yes - it seems to be happening to quite a few folks including me. As I said, I think the 3rd party rebuilders just slapped in a circuit board when there was an underlying problem. I hope Woot doesn't use this place again!

cam4mav

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cam4mav
erict wrote:Yes - it seems to be happening to quite a few folks including me. As I said, I think the 3rd party rebuilders just slapped in a circuit board when there was an underlying problem. I hope Woot doesn't use this place again!

same issue for me, seems from some google time that the main boards sound processor just went dead. no static from speakers, they aren't getting any signal at all. even the audio out plugs in the back aren't getting anything.
unplugging for an hour and trying again does not fix it. tried multiple inputs for hdmi 1-3, cable jack, nothing works at all.

emailing woot now, looked at the warranty site and seems incredibly low budget and iffy.

Ryans

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ryans

TV had to be returned failed under the Warranty. Cost $104.57 to return to Sanyo refurb factory. The $289 plus tax deal has now cost me $418.12. I feel violated.

blaculadave

quality posts: 18 Private Messages blaculadave

Staff

Ryans wrote:TV had to be returned failed under the Warranty. Cost $104.57 to return to Sanyo refurb factory. The $289 plus tax deal has now cost me $418.12. I feel violated.

Yikes...sorry about that. With manufacturer warranties, it's not uncommon for them to have you pay shipping for warranty service. However, I do see that you wrote in this morning, so someone should be replying back to you soon.

garyloitz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garyloitz

I hope support at Woot reads this! I am amazed and disappointed with Woot right now. Historically their customer service has been excellent. But, like so many others, the sound didn't work out of the box on this purchase. Sent Woot an email, they responded right away that they would take care of it.

Then... nothing. five emails, over one month, even found their phone number and called. Nothing. Says to send an email to support@woot.com!

Is this the beginning of the end for Woot? I hope not!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

garyloitz wrote:I hope support at Woot reads this! I am amazed and disappointed with Woot right now. Historically their customer service has been excellent. But, like so many others, the sound didn't work out of the box on this purchase. Sent Woot an email, they responded right away that they would take care of it.

Then... nothing. five emails, over one month, even found their phone number and called. Nothing. Says to send an email to support@woot.com!

Is this the beginning of the end for Woot? I hope not!

that stinks. i'm sorry for the trouble.

i've notified CS of your issue and they'll be in touch soon.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.