soontekoh34

quality posts: 2 Private Messages soontekoh34
Socket wrote:From what I remember they used to have them new for $13.37...
So yeah, not so great.

That is what I got my new one for. $13.37 + 5 shipping.

eholling

quality posts: 10 Private Messages eholling

Yeah, new BlackWidow Ultimate on Amazon for $103. I think I'll pass.

Bouts of Consternation:
8/17/11; 9/14/11; 10/12/11; 11/09/11, 12/06/11; 4/26/12

And right now.

EveKH

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EveKH
Talesin wrote:I've compared a few Apple displays to several other monitors myself, and can see no appreciable difference after even a basic color calibration. If anything, Samsung displays appeared to be clearer and more vibrant.

Is it possible that you may be somewhat biased, considering your tag of "loyal employee of your favorite fruit company" and making a wild guess as to just who that might be?

To throw in my two cents:

When my husband originally converted from PC to Mac, one of the big draws was the 27" monitor. We just couldn't find a better monitor, especially at that size. His previously "great" monitors sitting right next to the iMac are good, but just not the same. (I don't have models, etc, so this is anecdote, not an argument, just wanted to throw our experience out there.)

As for Razer + Mac, our Razer mouse and keyboard DO work with a Mac, but there are glitches from time to time, so it is not a seamless match. Not enough to stop using, but enough to make me prefer the Mac mouse and keyboard unless I need the extra buttons and keys.

bassmanx89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bassmanx89
delaquai wrote:I've owned 3 razor mice, all 3 have failed after about a year. Double clicking and disconnect reconnect issues on all of em. I've had friends but razor mice against my advice, same thing happened to them.

I have had a black mamba for three years that i bought off my friend second hand. It is still going strong despite me demoting it after my fiance got me a Logitech g900 (more buttons) for our anniversary. Honestly, if you are throwing this in a backpack or are mobile with it I can maybe see how it would break and its very clearly not designed for portable use. I can also see it being vulnerable to breaking if you use your mouse with alot of grease/food residue on your hand. That being said, I have never had a single issue with mine, despite a few rage induced slamming against my desk after bad rounds in CS:S and L4D2.

dipdac

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dipdac
CrispyFShacker wrote:It's a mechanical keyboard. Meaning under every button is a "cherry mx switch" These are more reliable and have a distinct clicking/ actuation noise. Pretty much helps with the problem of Where's the Hotel? i pressed the button but it didn't go.

well that is handy. now the question is, won't the AW keyboard have that too?

Also, I've seen some people talkin' about Mac displays. The big difference between a Mac display and another brand name? Apple puts glass on it, which makes it shiny. beyond that it's just an LED back-lit LCD display like any other. It's a good display, don't get me wrong, but you could always put glass on another display.

Unless you get the mb-pro with the retina, but who wants to buy a computer that's be literally glued together?

sal12ramirez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sal12ramirez

Bought the Naga Epic, not big on gaming but I do work with Inventor and I could program buttons for commands. Excited!!

Bandrik

quality posts: 71 Private Messages Bandrik

My new Naga Epic just arrived. I was a little surprised (though I shouldn't have been) to see it come in an Amazon.com box, haha.

I haven't had a change to install the software and drivers, but even with the generic plug 'n play goodness, it's great. It lets you swap out the side grips; I'm finding that I like the "fat" grip the most, and the default "medium" grip is identical to the non-swappable grip my standard (non-epic?) Naga. So all is good.

Oh yeah. Super-fast shipping. It's a weird feeling to get an item from Woot when the item is still available for sale. I feel like a Time Wizard. I'm even tempted to pick up a second one... but alas, they are not ambidextrous mice, so I couldn't dual-wield them. Pity.

mozy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mozy

Got the Naga Molten. Very nice...except one of the buttons doesn't work.

Kind of to be expected with refurbished merchandise.

Can I return for another?

Bandrik

quality posts: 71 Private Messages Bandrik
mozy wrote:Got the Naga Molten. Very nice...except one of the buttons doesn't work.

Kind of to be expected with refurbished merchandise.

Can I return for another?

Try contacting Razer customer service first. If they don't help you in a satisfactory way, then try going through woot's "contact us" page about an exchange, though they may only be able to do a refund if they've sold out.

panzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages panzer
eholling wrote:Yeah, new BlackWidow Ultimate on Amazon for $103. I think I'll pass.

I bought a new one around two weeks ago from Amazon for $91.99.

demon00689

quality posts: 10 Private Messages demon00689
Talesin wrote:I've compared a few Apple displays to several other monitors myself, and can see no appreciable difference after even a basic color calibration. If anything, Samsung displays appeared to be clearer and more vibrant.

Is it possible that you may be somewhat biased, considering your tag of "loyal employee of your favorite fruit company" and making a wild guess as to just who that might be?

1. What Apple displays are those exactly? Sorry I just have to patently disagree that there's "no appreciable difference" when comparing to a current-gen 27" apple display (this would be either the display on a recent 27" iMac, or the thunderbolt or LED cinema displays they sell currently)

2. a fruit company sells fruit. apple is a computer company named after a fruit.

JCAREY88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JCAREY88

I bought this mouse, but I can't say whether it's a good deal or not, because it never got delivered. I had three bad experiences with USPS in the same week, and then Woot never reshipped the item when it got back to their warehouse. Really disappointed, and seeing as how I don't really buy much of anything from Woot, anyway, I probably won't be coming back. Thanks for replying to my e-mail, Woot, oh wait...you didn't.

kkshields

quality posts: 14 Private Messages kkshields
JCAREY88 wrote:I bought this mouse, but I can't say whether it's a good deal or not, because it never got delivered. I had three bad experiences with USPS in the same week, and then Woot never reshipped the item when it got back to their warehouse. Really disappointed, and seeing as how I don't really buy much of anything from Woot, anyway, I probably won't be coming back. Thanks for replying to my e-mail, Woot, oh wait...you didn't.

I'm sorry, but I was unable to locate any emails from your account in our system. Did you use another email address?
Unfortunately, we do not automatically reship returned items. A refund was issued for this order when it was received back. I apologize for any inconvenience.

octico

quality posts: 0 Private Messages octico

I bought the Razer Carcharias Gaming Headset from Woot. They quit working after 3 weeks. I contacted Woot and all they said was contact Razer ... no reply from Razer (yet). I don't think I will EVERY buy refurbished stuff from here.

Be careful what you buy ....

octico

quality posts: 0 Private Messages octico
octico wrote:I bought the Razer Carcharias Gaming Headset from Woot. They quit working after 3 weeks. I contacted Woot and all they said was contact Razer ... no reply from Razer (yet). I don't think I will EVERY buy refurbished stuff from here.

Be careful what you buy ....

Razer says they need the serial number. There is no serial number on the box from Woot. Be very careful when buy refurbished!

DennisWKam

quality posts: 22 Private Messages DennisWKam

Staff

octico wrote:Razer says they need the serial number. There is no serial number on the box from Woot. Be very careful when buy refurbished!

Sorry about that. The serial number should be on a tag on the wire of the headset.

Please email back if you're unable to find it and we'll help you out.

O2cool655

quality posts: 0 Private Messages O2cool655

I was cruising the interwebs.. when i saw a refurbished Razer Naga
Epic. I decided to pick it up as a gift for my brother and grabbed it
before it sold out. I was very happy when it arrived 2 days later,
cause my old mouse that I had for 6 years started to die. I went to
plug it in, it did not work, went to the website got the newest
drivers, went through the FAQ and troubleshooting guide. After
following all the steps I still could not get it to work. I emailed
customer support, which sent me an auto response telling me to check
the forums, troubleshooting guides and newest drivers and to email
back if we had anymore problems. Also it said to register your new
mouse which I already did. After waiting 4-5 days with no response,
after MUCH searching I managed to find their customer support number
which is 1-888-697-0237 I called their customer support and got
through right away, he was a very nice Indian gentleman with an
extremely thick accent. We then proceeded the painful process of
trying to communicate basic information. He was very nice and helpful
despite the communication issues. After talking with him I was sent
another email and had to fill out line for line the information I just
entered in for my mouse registration even though they had pulled up
all my registration information. I sent back the information, along
with proof of purchase within the hour. Was told it would take 48
hours at most, 4 days later I called to check the status. I was then
told they received my email and everything looked in order and that
they would start the RMA process and I was given and case number.
Again I was told it should take 48 hours. A week later after not
hearing anything I called to check the status again. I was told they
were backed up and they would contact me after it was processed by the
next department. I waited another week and called again, by this time
it approaching 30 days so I finally complained. Customer Service
apologized up and down and asked for my phone number. After saying
they would take responsibility I would get a call with an update in
less than 24 hours. After 24 hours I decided to start documenting my
frustration. Customer service was always kind, patient and polite, but
has yielded Zero results. If I had used this as a christmas gift as I
intended, not only would it have been a disappointing gift, I believe
I would have been out of luck on trying to get it replaced. I am
slightly annoyed anyways because a referb should be tested before sent
out. After troubleshooting forever, I determined the problem was in
fact the mouse cable and not the drivers as they suggested. They
would have had to received the mouse which has obvious wear and tear
and thrown it in a box and sent it to me without testing it at all.
Which is a disappointing practice for a company as well known as
Razer. The first problem could be forgiven, but not only are they
sending out untested referb products but it takes them a month to
replace them. I would not recommend buying their refurbished products
or buying their products for gifts, especially if you need a
replacement right away. But if you have the time or patience,
hopefully the final product will be worth the wait. In the interest of
being fair I will update if/when this situation is resolved.

Datzl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Datzl

So inside 6 months had the right speaker in the Carcharias headset go out. Joy.

Razer just seems to be dogshit last few years. I had the mako 2.1 desk speakers which were great till they broke and they had dropped it as a product and with it any support very within a year or two.

Know others with similiar ancedotal problems.

rtdzign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rtdzign

Ordered a right handed mouse, but received a left handed mouse. Razer customer support states that I should go through my reseller as this is a reseller problem not a warranty problem. Waiting for a email response from them, but I a hoping I can get this resolved through woot.