WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Incipio

Imagine the sound of breaking glass. Imagine it coming from the ground, where you've just dropped your phone. Can you feel the terror? Yeah, us too. That's why we think you need a little extra protection. May we recommend Incipio?
Incipio official site



Quality Posts


inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

It's true, accidents happen and I know I'm super lucky*, but I've never actually shattered an iPad or phone screen.

Now that I've tempted fate - please feel free tell me your tales of woe and which cool case you'd pick (or already have) to protect your gear!

*(I once had a laptop fall off a TSA station table less than 48 hours after buying it - yes, it was fine, thankfully.)

I'm just hanging out, really.

recninja


quality posts: 4 Private Messages recninja
inkycatz wrote:It's true, accidents happen and I know I'm super lucky*, but I've never actually shattered an iPad or phone screen.

Now that I've tempted fate - please feel free tell me your tales of woe and which cool case you'd pick (or already have) to protect your gear!

*(I once had a laptop fall off a TSA station table less than 48 hours after buying it - yes, it was fine, thankfully.)



My iPad cracked from someone stepping on it...I think. I found it cracked later on in the day and I think someone stepped on it.

Really pissed, but what can I say? The crack broke in the corner (not a complete shatter), so there's something like a deep "scratch" down the diagonal of the screen.

Dang shame.

coredaven


quality posts: 1 Private Messages coredaven

How do they compare to otter box cases?

OneMHz


quality posts: 1 Private Messages OneMHz

I have a speck case that has some pretty good shock absorption, but it's really thick. I was looking at the le deux as a thinner alternative. Anyone know how the fit and protection rate in comparison to a speck?

mpaasux


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mpaasux

Would be nice if they got us all a code so we could get woot discount on other products that are normal price. I dont play with fruit!

zsinix


quality posts: 5 Private Messages zsinix
mpaasux wrote:Would be nice if they got us all a code so we could get woot discount on other products that are normal price. I dont play with fruit!



Try Deals.Woot.com
They usually have a few featured codes a day that work site-wide at some places.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

zsinix wrote:Try Deals.Woot.com
They usually have a few featured codes a day that work site-wide at some places.


Wellllllllll, not exactly that way. If you are an active participant on Deals (adding deals, voting, commenting, voting, etc.), @jumbowoot will periodically send out coupons.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mibutterflywingz


quality posts: 4 Private Messages mibutterflywingz

Will any of the products work with earlier versions of an IPod Touch?

JimDogWoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages JimDogWoot

This is the exact same case my wife has for her iPad. It works well. iPad stays in place, case seems sturdy and the kickstand feature is nice. I can't compare it with other cases since this her first iPad and case. But it is a nice case.

mitchbentley


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mitchbentley

So, I see this Woot in my inbox and go to the site at 8:38 AM Eastern time, USA and all of the iPhone cases are already sold out? What's the point of sending me these emails if the stuff isn't really still on sale? What, do I have to get up at 3 AM to get a decent deal just because I live in the USA?

Really pisses me off. Just sayin'.

coredaven


quality posts: 1 Private Messages coredaven
mitchbentley wrote:So, I see this Woot in my inbox and go to the site at 8:38 AM Eastern time, USA and all of the iPhone cases are already sold out? What's the point of sending me these emails if the stuff isn't really still on sale? What, do I have to get up at 3 AM to get a decent deal just because I live in the USA?

Really pisses me off. Just sayin'.



The deal started yesterday. All the cases were still on sale yesterday

mibutterflywingz


quality posts: 4 Private Messages mibutterflywingz
mitchbentley wrote:So, I see this Woot in my inbox and go to the site at 8:38 AM Eastern time, USA and all of the iPhone cases are already sold out? What's the point of sending me these emails if the stuff isn't really still on sale? What, do I have to get up at 3 AM to get a decent deal just because I live in the USA?

Really pisses me off. Just sayin'.



I've found that I've received the daily emails sometimes after the new products have gone up. I've actually started to just check the site (if I'm up that late) before my email. It sucks, but hey, it could be worse. Plus certain items can sell out in minutes even if it's not a woot! Off. At least this is all in my personal experience.

mibutterflywingz


quality posts: 4 Private Messages mibutterflywingz
ThunderThighs wrote:Wellllllllll, not exactly that way. If you are an active participant on Deals (adding deals, voting, commenting, voting, etc.), @jumbowoot will periodically send out coupons.




****First an important question: Would these products (the arm band or standing case especially) work with an older version of an IPod touch?***


Do you have to meet all those requirements? I vote, comment, and buy but I don't add a deal. Does adding a deal mean selling something or does it mean something else?

What about trades? Do they count? Where can I make


inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
mibutterflywingz wrote:****First an important question: Would these products (the arm band or standing case especially) work with an older version of an IPod touch?***


Do you have to meet all those requirements? I vote, comment, and buy but I don't add a deal. Does adding a deal mean selling something or does it mean something else?

What about trades? Do they count? Where can I make


The requirements vary, and often change per coupon. The real strategy is to simply be a well-rounded, active member of the deals community!

I'm just hanging out, really.

southcutt


quality posts: 14 Private Messages southcutt

If, like me, you're curious about the headphones: I found a reasonably informative review at Head-Fi.

morfein


quality posts: 1 Private Messages morfein

i almost loved this..
'til i saw how 'i' centric it was.
dammit i... so many zombies follow your sandy footprints

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

morfein wrote:i almost loved this..
'til i saw how 'i' centric it was.
dammit i... so many zombies follow your sandy footprints





Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

knerr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages knerr

I can't recommend the iPad case. My iPad slid out twice (well, more than that, but twice where it counted). First time I was "lucky" and it only dented the corner, even falling on pavement. Second time, the glass hit something just right on the edge and I have single a crack across the screen. Could have been worse. I'll concede that my kids were carrying it both times, but they weren't screwing around (for once). Ironically, one of my kids ended up stepping on the empty case, which bent one of the clips in and now it works great.

guitarchick1989


quality posts: 0 Private Messages guitarchick1989
knerr wrote:I can't recommend the iPad case. My iPad slid out twice (well, more than that, but twice where it counted). First time I was "lucky" and it only dented the corner, even falling on pavement. Second time, the glass hit something just right on the edge and I have single a crack across the screen. Could have been worse. I'll concede that my kids were carrying it both times, but they weren't screwing around (for once). Ironically, one of my kids ended up stepping on the empty case, which bent one of the clips in and now it works great.



I just bought this, and I hope it works, and doesn't slip out. If it does.. I now know just to step on the case.

jpwooten


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpwooten

Will this ipad case work with ipad3?

pmoradi2002


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pmoradi2002

Incipio steals designs from other companies...

mrsly69


quality posts: 27 Private Messages mrsly69
coredaven wrote:How do they compare to otter box cases?



Junk. I got this and within a month the clips were loose. My iPad 3 just popped right out onto the sidewalk. I ended up smashing my iPad screen. It offers very little protection. Thank God i had the new ipad 3 insurance, you get 2 breaks for whatever for the deductable of $49. Worth every cent. The magnets don't turn off the screen every time so your battery gets wasted. DONT BUY THIS CRAP. WASTE PF MONEY. IT SOLD OUT SO COUNT YOURSELF LUCKY. amazon has a great iPad case called devicewear for $39.99. It is vegan, so you know you have the right one. I would have gotten leather, but not an option. It is Awesome, AWESOME. THAT IS A TRUE IPAD CASE, not this junk. Spent $800 on an iPad get a great case, not a cheap piece of crap.