WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Vizio HDTVs

Remember the time when TVs didn't exist and entertainment was primarily square-dancing and puppet shows? Of course you don't. Because I just made that up. But seriously, TVs have come a long way, baby. Now you have HD, 3D and Double D. But only on the pay-per-view channels. Not that I know anything about those.
Vizio official site

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Do you have a Vizio? What do you think?

I'm just hanging out, really.

rtgeary

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rtgeary
inkycatz wrote:Do you have a Vizio? What do you think?

I own a small 24' and lovvvve it. I mostly use it for gaming and movie watching and actually in the market to go bigger. Vizio is really the only brand I'll trust to buy a larger model

jamesh1011

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamesh1011

New at COSTCO $489 and two year COSTCO warranty.

muddytoy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages muddytoy
jamesh1011 wrote:New at COSTCO $489 and two year COSTCO warranty.

What size? LED?

aanders1

quality posts: 10 Private Messages aanders1
inkycatz wrote:Do you have a Vizio? What do you think?

I have a 120 Hz, LCD, 47", bought refurbished from Walmart about 2 years ago. Gets used 4-6 hrs a day...not a single issue so far. Have the LCD adjusted to 50% brightness as forums recommended, and it looks great in sun or dark, so I've left it there.

Love it...good sound, good picture. Got one with lots of inputs and it plays nice with all my peripherals, including the media computer. Nice tight and easy to reach connectors in the back. Light weight enough to slide around to dust (that's important to me....) Stays fairly cool during use, no weird hums or audio artifacts (had issues with this with past (non-flatscreen) TVs...could be my luck though, don't know if it's actually a common problem, especially with newer TVs)

Only spot of contention is that PIP won't display two TV channels - only 1 channel + 1 of the peripherals...what's that about? Checked the users manual and online...yep, that's how it's supposed to work. Minor detail though...

favorite woots:
Timex Clock Radio for Sansa and Sansa e260 4 gB**Kodak C813 Camera**iRiver 2 GB Clix**Gateway PC w/Quad Core Processor**Roomba 530**Kai Shun 2 Piece Knife Set***Tornado File Transfer**Ultrex 8 Piece Knife Set**Wowwee Dragonfly**Sharper Image Cooking Thermometer**AND MANY MORE!

ajrush

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ajrush
jamesh1011 wrote:New at COSTCO $489 and two year COSTCO warranty.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11767234&search=vizio&Mo=8&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Sp=S&N=5000043%204047245%205000014&whse=BC&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=5000000+4000000&D=vizio&Ntt=vizio&No=7&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=

I don't see that, I see a 42 LCD for that price.

Sup?

ramkum

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ramkum

Are the specs for unit #9 (E322MV) correct? Seems too wide (43.7") and heavy (46.5lbs) for a 32" TV.

stephen004

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stephen004

I actually purchased the 32" 1080 LED Vizio for $240 from there previous sale in June. I loved the tv until a day after i got it i noticed it had a couple dead pixels in the corner so i had to ship it off to be fixed. Kinda sucked the TV came like that since the screen was amazing. Hopefully when the TV is shipped back to me I won't have any issues, overall the sale is a pretty good deal.

aholbert32

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aholbert32

Stay Away! It looks like Woot erased the thread but the last time these were offered in June there were several complaints about damaged and defective TVs.

I ordered one and the entire bottom half of my TV was crushed when it was delivered. Several others encountered the same thing.

dawning

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dawning

Not to be a snot, but on the main page description, the phrase should be "pore over" not "pour over".

Anyone have any experience with the WiFi versions and Vizio's Internet Apps? How do they stack up versus what's available on Roku?

timthetortoise

quality posts: 4 Private Messages timthetortoise

I'd stay as far away from Vizios as possible. I've known a few people who have gone through multiple TVs in a matter of months. Run away.

ezetsnd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ezetsnd

Got the 32" 1080p LED last time it was on Woot and love it. Even using the internal cable tuner (cause I'm too cheap for HDTV) and its pretty quick. Hook my Laptop up to watch 1080p movies and the resolution is very crisp. When it arrived it looked almost brand new.

k3lit0

quality posts: 2 Private Messages k3lit0

We have a vizio we got from woot about 6 months ago and we haven't had any problems.

How is the wifi thing? Is it worth it over buying a roku?

sboardr22

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sboardr22

Any thoughts on using the 1080p 22" as a computer monitor?

Hemi71cuda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hemi71cuda

I've owned a 37" LED Internet TV for a year now. Never any a/v issues but internet viewing still has a few bugs. They updated firmware about 6 months ago(or more) and after that I had issues with Hulu. It wouldn't work at all for a while, called tech and did a bunch of stuff but still didn't work. Eventually something updated and it started working again but still most of the time when I open the app, it doesn't load fully and I have to log out then log back in to be able to access my que/subscriptions. Thats pretty much the only issue I've ever had, although I feel the thumbnail pictures, etc in Hulu and Netflix load WAY TOO SLOW! I've got the the TV hardwired to my Uverse modem w/ a 12mb/s connection.

And in regards to those who've received broken TVs. I ordered from Amazon and the first one they sent arrived with a shattered screen. They sent a new one it arrived fine. I think that's just the risk of sending a large piece of glass through the mail.

teachermeh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages teachermeh

I bought the 42 inch with WiFi during last Woot sale. I was disappointed when the tv came in that it visually looked used...with scratches on the edges and it actually left a dark mark on my friend's shirt after we lifted it out of the box. I felt like they should at least cleaned the tv up a bit before sending. That being said, the picture and sound are great. I haven't utilized the WiFi as of yet. If it lasts, it will be worth the $200 I saved instead of buying new from Costco.

aanders1

quality posts: 10 Private Messages aanders1
sboardr22 wrote:Any thoughts on using the 1080p 22" as a computer monitor?

It will work: your resolution would be 1920 × 1080. (Look up "display resolution" on Wikipedia for a good graph of where the options fall). That's decent for a comparably sized monitor.

Beware though that TVs are optimized for sitting 6-10 feet or more away whereas a monitor is generally just a few feet from your face, so you might find that you have to tinker with the settings or end up with a lot more eyestrain. However, most Vizios have quite a bit of adjustability.

Check the A/V inputs on your computer and make sure they match what's available on the TV you're thinking of using. You will likely have the option of using the TV speakers for your computer also if it's got the right hook-ups for audio in coupled with either a VGA or HDMI.

I'm not 100% sure why you're considering it unless you wanted the built in A/V options that a TV has which a monitor does not, but if you're happy with the price, go for it I say.

favorite woots:
Timex Clock Radio for Sansa and Sansa e260 4 gB**Kodak C813 Camera**iRiver 2 GB Clix**Gateway PC w/Quad Core Processor**Roomba 530**Kai Shun 2 Piece Knife Set***Tornado File Transfer**Ultrex 8 Piece Knife Set**Wowwee Dragonfly**Sharper Image Cooking Thermometer**AND MANY MORE!

teachermeh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages teachermeh

I bought the 42 inch with WiFi during last Woot sale. I was disappointed when the tv came in that it visually looked used...with scratches on the edges and it actually left a dark mark on my friend's shirt after we lifted it out of the box. I felt like they should at least cleaned the tv up a bit before sending. That being said, the picture and sound are great. I haven't utilized the WiFi as of yet. If it lasts, it will be worth the $200 I saved instead of buying new from Costco.

kevinsaffer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevinsaffer

bought two last time in June and they came scratched and definitely not "new looking" They work okay, but just be aware that they may look used.

tbgolladay

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tbgolladay

Both of the 22" links display the same model, E220VA. Please fix. Thanks.

shredsofmetal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shredsofmetal

Will the Wifi enabled TVs work well on a Clear 4G connection? Ours broadcasts 802.11b. Usually get about 6mbps down.

stengerdc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stengerdc

Are these TV's manufacturer refurbished? Or refurbished by a third party or Woot? Thanks for the info!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 506 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

stengerdc wrote:Are these TV's manufacturer refurbished? Or refurbished by a third party or Woot? Thanks for the info!

Howdy. Woot is not in the business of refurbishing products.

When you see a Woot warranty, it means that the 3rd party refurbisher is providing the warranty through Woot rather than direct to the consumer. Some of the TVs in this sale fall into this category.

Some of the TVs are refurbished and warrantied by Amergence.

If you click on the one you're interested in, you'll see the warranty at the bottom of the Features tab.

Hope this helps.

Fountain3586

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Fountain3586

Owned this tv for 3 years... VIZIO E421VO 42" 1080p LCD HDTV, 2 HDMI, USB, 100,000:1, 8ms, SRS TruSurround HD, SRS TruVolume

Best purchase!! No regrets!!

Favorite Woots: The First Years miSwivel Feeding Chair, Kiddy Sport’n Move Stroller, Sacs of Life Insulator 4 Reusable Shopping Bags, Daiwa Golf Bag, Energizer Light on Demand Twin Light Center, Ooma Telo ViIP Home Phone System, and a Stainless Steel Designer 6 Ounce Flask.

spk1321

quality posts: 7 Private Messages spk1321

Anyone know if this TV can convert regular 2D programming to 3D? I thought I read somewhere last time that it can but haven't seen it mentioned this time around. Also, does it come with that fancy keyboard remote? Thanks.

ldhlsu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ldhlsu

wow, these again. I guess i was not the only one to refuse shipping on one of these back in June.

ienvyno1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ienvyno1
aanders1 wrote:I have a 120 Hz, LCD, 47", bought refurbished from Walmart about 2 years ago. Gets used 4-6 hrs a day...not a single issue so far. Have the LCD adjusted to 50% brightness as forums recommended, and it looks great in sun or dark, so I've left it there.

Love it...good sound, good picture. Got one with lots of inputs and it plays nice with all my peripherals, including the media computer. Nice tight and easy to reach connectors in the back. Light weight enough to slide around to dust (that's important to me....) Stays fairly cool during use, no weird hums or audio artifacts (had issues with this with past (non-flatscreen) TVs...could be my luck though, don't know if it's actually a common problem, especially with newer TVs)

Only spot of contention is that PIP won't display two TV channels - only 1 channel + 1 of the peripherals...what's that about? Checked the users manual and online...yep, that's how it's supposed to work. Minor detail though...

Even using a splitter?

ienvyno1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ienvyno1
ienvyno1 wrote:Even using a splitter?

I figured if you used a splitter it would work, or maybe connecting up to hdmi and using the cable coax and connect that to the back of the tv with that splitter.

paqyotaco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paqyotaco
timthetortoise wrote:I'd stay as far away from Vizios as possible. I've known a few people who have gone through multiple TVs in a matter of months. Run away.

I've had my 42" Vizio for about........ 40 months? I'd say they're alright.

BirdmanSTX

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BirdmanSTX

I got the 32" 3D WiFi E3D320VX during the Woot sale in June. TV arrived with no damage whatsoever, and has worked great with zero issues. WiFI worked straight away, NetFlix app connected right up and streams without issue. 3D seems to work well, came with two different style of glasses (one of each style). Only one very minor complaint... just takes a bit for the TV to completely turn on, longer than any of my other TVs... maybe 15 seconds? But again, very very minor complaint.

vmforrest

quality posts: 8 Private Messages vmforrest

I bought the 22 incher last time woot offered these. I love mine, but a LOT of people encountered all sorts of problems with their bigger models. The company that did the "refurbs" is sub-par at best. Many people complained of breakage during shipping (these were packed POORLY!) or DOA T.V.s ...get the square trade warranty if you can't resist this deal.

chase003

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chase003

So when it arrives in the mail crushed, what is the protocol? You send it back in the same box and Woot sends a new one, or you just have to eat it?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 506 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

chase003 wrote:So when it arrives in the mail crushed, what is the protocol? You send it back in the same box and Woot sends a new one, or you just have to eat it?

No, you don't eat it! Email service@woot.com and they'll go over your options with you.

So sorry for the inconvenience!

jknuts2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jknuts2

I've bought 2 refurb TVs from Woot in the past and have been very happy with them both, a 32" Philips and a 42" Vizio. I'm looking to replace a old CRT TV and have decided to pass on these. The price is OK. There also seems to be more than the usual negative feedback from other posters.
One of my finalists was Amazon and TigerDirect both have a 40" Toshiba for $375ish. In the end, I rolled the dice at Walmart for a $300 40" Westinghouse because of price, 3 hdmi ports, and positive reviews.

Charitwo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Charitwo

I am considering the 32" 720p led hdtv, however having to get an adapter to have component support is...disappointing. Especially for a Vizio, who are usually very generous with inputs

tbase

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tbase

I've had 5 Vizio's and have been very happy with all of them. 4 are still in use, including 2 that were purchased back when they first came out and a 50" TV meant Plasma. The 5th is probably still in use, but I sold it so I can't say for sure.

There are some issues with the listings- be sure to read the specs and don't rely on the images. For some reason there are 2 32" LED's listed, and in both cases one photo shows component connections (the rear view close up) while another shows the same are from a side angle that shows composite ports. The specs state component is available only via an RGB adapter that's not included.

THIS PLACE HAS BIG BUILDINGS.
I LIKE FOOD.

tbase

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tbase
k3lit0 wrote:How is the wifi thing? Is it worth it over buying a roku?

I have both a Vizio with Interenet Apps running over Wifi and a Roku running over Wifi hooked up to an old Sony tube TV. I prefer the Roku for it's variety of apps, especially the Internet Archive ones. Although to be fair I haven't checked for new Vizio apps lately. The Netflix app is also different. I don't really have a preference there, they're just different. Roku also has apps for smart phones that allow you to use your phone to look up channels and control the Roku like a remote. I'm still baffled that my Vizio TV that has a Bluetooth remote to operate it doesn't have an app for my bluetooth phone to act as a remote.

THIS PLACE HAS BIG BUILDINGS.
I LIKE FOOD.

szczachor

quality posts: 1 Private Messages szczachor

I also bought the 42" in June. It broke within the first week of using it and had to ship it back which cost me another 100$

Wished i never bought it and still out of a TV.

AVOID THIS PURCHASE. Not worth the savings.

kgeorge8484

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kgeorge8484

Dont do it! Mine arrived DOA last time they had these up. Woot was great about the return, but the company that was supposed to handle it wouldn't respond. It wasn't fun - so I bought a new 37" one at walmart for 50$ more. Worth it to not have the hassle of returning via mail.