michaelvella

quality posts: 12 Private Messages michaelvella
inkycatz wrote:Do you have a Vizio? What do you think?

Yep, we have one we got as a refurb some time back from woot and we have it in the bedroom. Great picture (LCD) and a high quality set. I would not hesitate to buy this brand again. In fact, I am really getting an itchy trigger finger for the 47in as we're close to ready for an upgrade in the living room..

woocls

quality posts: 2 Private Messages woocls
spk1321 wrote:Anyone know if this TV can convert regular 2D programming to 3D? I thought I read somewhere last time that it can but haven't seen it mentioned this time around. Also, does it come with that fancy keyboard remote? Thanks.

I'm also very curious about the 3d tv upscaling to 3d. If it does I'm in for 1. I really don't need a new tv but if it converts to 3d I can use it right now and save up for the 3d blu-ray player.

mrjohno

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrjohno

I've had a Vizio 37" LCD model E370VA for almost a year and love it. Great picture, above average sound and lots of tweakable options for your particular viewing circumstances. (Btw, the 37" offered here is a different model so I can only recommend quality of brand)

Kasona

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kasona

I'd like to buy of these, but I'm a bit confused. What's the difference between the two 42" 1080p LCD HDTV listings:
http://www.woot.com/offers/42-1080p-lcd-hdtv-1
http://www.woot.com/offers/42-1080p-lcd-hdtv-2

Both are listed as model E421VO, and they're the same price.
Why 2 listings? is there any difference between them?

frozenmonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frozenmonkey
ThunderThighs wrote:No, you don't eat it! Email service@woot.com and they'll go over your options with you.

So sorry for the inconvenience!

Still getting the run around to get my TV returned from June. It arrived DOA and I've been trying to return it since the day it arrived.

Still just have a dead TV sitting in my living room.

mollusc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mollusc

From the Woot.com main page, 24 July 2012:

Vizio HDTVs

So you wanna buy a TV? Here's a plethora to choose from. Have fun pouring over the features for 5 hours straight.

--I think you mean PORING* over the features. I've been happily impressed by the general standards of grammar and spelling at Woot. Please keep it up!

*pore: verb (used without object), pored, por·ing.
1. to read or study with steady attention or application: a scholar poring over a rare old manuscript.
2. to gaze earnestly or steadily: to pore over a painting.
3. to meditate or ponder intently (usually followed by over, on, or upon ): He pored over the strange events of the preceding evening.
(ex. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/poring)

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
k3lit0 wrote:How is the wifi thing? Is it worth it over buying a roku?

I have a "smart" Vizio (32"?) that I bought new from Costco about thirteen months ago. Wifi itself works great: in thirteen months, I think I've had a buffering error once while using the Netflix app - even when my router was located on the other end of the house. [Okay, to be fair, my house isn't very big! And only one floor, so I have no idea how well it would pick up a signal from another floor, but that would depend (in part) on your router, signal strength, and house construction/layout]. I confess that the only app I've used is Netflix. As I said, it's worked quite well for me.

However: it takes quite a while to load. The remote, at least on my particular model (which isn't offered here) really wants to be aimed at the left side of the TV. That's not the best angle from how I have my living room set up, so I often need to click the "internet apps" button several times, although I'm finally learning. After the app menu loads and I select the Netflix app, it also seems to take a while for it to load - although once it's loaded, it's very quick to start playing video; it's just the menus that take forever to load. On top of that, I have the TV attached to a power strip that I only turn on when I want to watch TV, so first I have to wait for the TV to turn on, then for the internet apps to appear, then for Netflix to load... if I'm intended to watch something while eating dinner, I plan three separate trips from the kitchen to the living room, while juggling food that's almost ready to eat and kibble that's almost ready to serve and two dogs who are DEFINITELY ready to eat and nipping at my feet because they're concerned that I'm walking AWAY from the kibble, to ensure that it's ready to go when I'm ready to eat.

Two other positive thoughts: I recently bought an HD antenna with hopes of getting a clear NBC signal so that I could watch the Olympics. I was able to watch several sports' Olympic trials and I can't believe the picture quality. It's amazing! I also use a mini-DP-to-HDMI adapter to stream non-app video from the web. Again, can't believe the quality of the picture. Unfortunately, this ties up my computer, which brings me to...

Biggest downside: No way to stream video directly from the web, so I've stopped watching The Daily Show and the Colbert Report. This makes me sad. When I bought the TV and it said, "Wifi-enabled!", I assumed that I'd be able to stream those shows. If I were willing to pay for a Hulu membership, there's a Hulu app, but I don't watch enough TV to justify both Netflix and Hulu. If anyone has a suggestion for how I might be able to get The Daily Show to stream directly to the TV without needing to hook up my computer, I'd be incredibly grateful!

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

spk1321

quality posts: 7 Private Messages spk1321
woocls wrote:I'm also very curious about the 3d tv upscaling to 3d. If it does I'm in for 1. I really don't need a new tv but if it converts to 3d I can use it right now and save up for the 3d blu-ray player.

I did a little digging and it seems that this TV does NOT have 2D to 3D upconverting. Or at least I didn't see it mentioned in any of the reviews/manuals which I feel like it would have been. If I had the money I'd go for the 47" LG unit that sells for $879 that has upconverting. Seems like the best deal when I was researching last time.

spamelita1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spamelita1

We purchased a 42" in June and it arrived with a broken screen which had a puncture mark on the box showing it happened during shipping. Packaging could have been better.
B/c it happened during shipping, woot took care of it with no money out of my pocket to send it back to them. Still waiting for a refund, but trusting woot will stand by their word.

mustbechris

quality posts: 8 Private Messages mustbechris

I bought this exact TV (32" E321VL) in Decemeber 2010 for almost $300...and that was on sale. $200 is such a steal. I've never had a problem with it, I love everything about it. The difference between the E models and the other models is the speakers. This TV has the best speakers you'll get for the price and screen size. The other Vizios are much tinnier sounding. This is perfect for a small/medium sized living room. If you're looking for a TV, please don't pass this deal up.

jbuurma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbuurma
inkycatz wrote:Do you have a Vizio? What do you think?

I bought a 50 inch about 14 months ago and last month the screen started going black without loss of audio. Turns out it's not uncommon. Fortunately I had a squaretrade warranty b/c the factory warranty was up after a year. Tech came and replaced some circuit boards and I'm "good as new," but new this thing was only good for a year, so I'm not optimistic. Good picture though.

ivanivanovich

quality posts: 24 Private Messages ivanivanovich
dawning wrote:Not to be a snot, but on the main page description, the phrase should be "pore over" not "pour over".

That's what I was thinking, too, until I noticed the woman in the photo had a glass of wine. Maybe they really mean that people should pour something over the features.

KolorBlindKid

quality posts: 1 Private Messages KolorBlindKid
ThunderThighs wrote:No, you don't eat it! Email service@woot.com and they'll go over your options with you.

So sorry for the inconvenience!

So what are the options? I haven't bought one, I'm just curious/concerned. Thanks!

pcraun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pcraun

The VIZIO E472VL 47” 1080p LCD HDTV is $479.99 at geeks.com...

woocls

quality posts: 2 Private Messages woocls
spk1321 wrote:I did a little digging and it seems that this TV does NOT have 2D to 3D upconverting. Or at least I didn't see it mentioned in any of the reviews/manuals which I feel like it would have been. If I had the money I'd go for the 47" LG unit that sells for $879 that has upconverting. Seems like the best deal when I was researching last time.

Thank you. I've been keeping an eye on the LG 47" I've been waiting for it to drop just a little lower. I already have a 47" I just bought last Black Friday. I don't really need a new tv but would like to get 3d. So, I may just hold out for black friday this year.

Leptailurus

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Leptailurus

We're *finally* moving into a place where we have space for a TV, so I'm very excited for the timing of this deal.

Snagged the 42", because after price checking, even on other refurbished ones of the same model, it's a total steal. I'll take the risk the bad reviewers warned about, just because Woot has been nothing but fantastic to me in the past. I trust Woot.

meow meow meow meow meow meow

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1
tbgolladay wrote:Both of the 22" links display the same model, E220VA. Please fix. Thanks.

That's interesting. The first one is sold out, but the 2nd one isn't.
http://www.woot.com/offers/22-1080p-led-hdtv-1
http://www.woot.com/offers/22-1080p-led-hdtv-2
Maybe they found another pallet?

JRR1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JRR1

Think twice about purchasing a TV from Woot. I just bought a 42" last month and it was delivered broken. The warranty company requires you to pay the shipping back to get it fixed. Woot also requires you to pay shipping for a return. This could be 25% of the cost of the TV, or more. I have made my plea to Woot to help me out but haven't heard back yet. I have bought a lot of merchandise from Woot over the years and never had to send anything back...now I am hesitant to order anything that would be costly to ship back.

kmlfire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmlfire

Vizio E422VL 42" Class LCD HDTV is on Tiger Direct for $399

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bsmith1 wrote:That's interesting. The first one is sold out, but the 2nd one isn't.
http://www.woot.com/offers/22-1080p-led-hdtv-1
http://www.woot.com/offers/22-1080p-led-hdtv-2
Maybe they found another pallet?

I've checked with the buyers and we do seem to have a couple duplicate listings due to separate purchases made by different buyers.

Bottom line: there's no error in the offers and no difference between them. Sorry for the confusion.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

DennisWKam

quality posts: 22 Private Messages DennisWKam

Staff

JRR1 wrote:Think twice about purchasing a TV from Woot. I just bought a 42" last month and it was delivered broken. The warranty company requires you to pay the shipping back to get it fixed. Woot also requires you to pay shipping for a return. This could be 25% of the cost of the TV, or more. I have made my plea to Woot to help me out but haven't heard back yet. I have bought a lot of merchandise from Woot over the years and never had to send anything back...now I am hesitant to order anything that would be costly to ship back.

Sorry for the issues. I'm not finding any emails from you regarding this issue yet. We'll send you a note with some options.

Maybe check your junk mail folder if you haven't heard from us within 24 hours.

MichXelle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages MichXelle
sboardr22 wrote:Any thoughts on using the 1080p 22" as a computer monitor?

Did you compare it to other 22" monitors by price and specs. That should give you your answer.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

kittenerica

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kittenerica

For those that have bought products that have not functioned properly and haven't received the service that you think the company should provide, I recommend reporting to the better business bureau (BBB).

I just purchased one of these TVs and tried to contact Woot with a question over the warranty and they seemed very hasty and careless about helping me out. I can only imagine what will happen once the TV arrives.

kkshields

quality posts: 14 Private Messages kkshields
frozenmonkey wrote:Still getting the run around to get my TV returned from June. It arrived DOA and I've been trying to return it since the day it arrived.

Still just have a dead TV sitting in my living room.

As far as I know, we resolved this issue already. If something else has happened, please let me know in the PM we've been talking in.

scallen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scallen
spamelita1 wrote:We purchased a 42" in June and it arrived with a broken screen which had a puncture mark on the box showing it happened during shipping. Packaging could have been better.
B/c it happened during shipping, woot took care of it with no money out of my pocket to send it back to them. Still waiting for a refund, but trusting woot will stand by their word.

Did you accept the shipment and then later send it back, or did you just refused to sign for the item? If you sent it back, what do you mean that woot took care of it with no money out of your pocket? I'm just preparing for the arrival of my TV, hoping it will be in good shape, but trying to determine what to do if it has visible damage to the packaging when it arrives. Do I refuse to sign? Does that send it back to Woot and I get a refund, or do I accept and send it back myself?

benjamin91275

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benjamin91275

I too would like to know about refusing damaged shipments vs keeping and contacting Woot.

Also, wondering if anyone has experience with Amergence warranties.

Leptailurus

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Leptailurus

I'm also curious about Woot's preference in refusing shipments or keeping them. Always wanted to know anyways, and since it's been mentioned here... anyone know?

meow meow meow meow meow meow

scallen

Hello Woot Staff,

Could you please inform us on the protocol for dealing with damaged shipments, as well as clarify how the warranties work (detailed questions are below). I bought the VIZIO M470SV and the warranty is listed as "120 Day Woot". I'm really hoping mine arrives just fine and this isn't any issue, but want to be prepared when it does arrive in case I'm supposed to refuse shipment.

Last night I was reading through the packaging/shipping horror stories about the LG 47" and 55" TV sale. I saw in there that some people just refused their shipment so it would be sent back to Woot for their refund. Conversely, I saw that ThunderThighs had mentioned that if there was damage in shipping or the TV was not working on arrival, people should accept the shipment and contact service@woot.com:
http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5085495
and
http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5086408

So Woot staff, which option should we take? I believe Woot's customer service will be very good at helping me through any problems, but just want to know the best protocol. My main concern is that the following Woot FAQ says that I have to pay the shipping expenses for a return:
How do I return a defective product?
http://www.woot.com/faq#q8
"Know that return freight will be at your expense"

Considering FedEx has my shipment listed as 45lbs, return shipping would surely be very expensive. I don't think it would be right for me to take the burden of paying to ship it back if it's damaged or not working.

So I'm leaning toward refusing to sign for it when it arrives if it has obvious damage. What's your take Woot?

Also, I have a question related to the warranty. Since I have that Woot 120 warranty on the item, I believe that means I deal with Woot customer service directly for any problems with the performance of the TV (assuming it came in good condition and I accepted/signed for delivery). I'm wondering about SquareTrade though and what my timeframe for purchasing an extended warranty is. I read in the following post by Matt Rutledge (4 years ago) that we have 30 days from the date of sale of the product:
http://www.woot.com/blog/post/extended-warranties-pt2-introducing-squaretrade
"One of the best features is you have up to 30 days from date of sale to purchase a SquareTrade warranty, so you don’t have to decide at time of Woot purchase (the SquareTrade opt-in reminder can come in handy there to catch the 30 day mark)."

1. Is 30 days this still true, or can I wait further into my 120 day Woot warranty?

2. If I bought the SquareTrade warranty today, does that one year extended warranty start when the 120 day Woot warranty ends, or does it replace the 120 day Woot warranty?

3. Is there any benefit to buying the extended warranty now, before the TV arrives?

I'm trying to understand pros/cons of Woot warranty vs. extended warranty and when the best time to buy the extended warranty would be if I decide to get it.

Thanks for your help and clarification on these two important questions for Woot customers. I've been a happy Wooter for a number of years now and have got a lot of other people hooked on the site and Woot-Offs. I'm still using a backpack that came in my Brigade of Campers though I had to dump the giant intertwined ball of phone charger and usb cables that was also in the Brigade of Campers . I'm really hoping to have a great experience with receiving and owning this TV!

Cheers,
Seth

scallen

FYI: I heard back from Woot Member Services. I emailed them the same questions as my giant post above and they had the following to say. Sounds like we should refuse the package if it looks damaged. Also, looks like the squaretrade warranty starts after the 120 woot warranty, rather than replacing it, which is great!

Response from Woot Member Services
Hello,

We usually advise you to refuse the package if there are any visible signs of damage. Otherwise, you would need to contact FedEx to arrange for a pick if the TV is delivered damaged. As for the warranty, SquareTrade simply allows 30 days for you to purchase the TV. It also extends the warranty from the 120 day Woot warranty. If the TV is defective within the 120 days, we can assist you with a return.

Kam

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

scallen wrote:FYI: I heard back from Woot Member Services. I emailed them the same questions as my giant post above and they had the following to say. Sounds like we should refuse the package if it looks damaged. Also, looks like the squaretrade warranty starts after the 120 woot warranty, rather than replacing it, which is great!

Response from Woot Member Services
Hello,

We usually advise you to refuse the package if there are any visible signs of damage. Otherwise, you would need to contact FedEx to arrange for a pick if the TV is delivered damaged. As for the warranty, SquareTrade simply allows 30 days for you to purchase the TV. It also extends the warranty from the 120 day Woot warranty. If the TV is defective within the 120 days, we can assist you with a return.

Kam

thanks muchly for updating!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

scallen

PemberDucky wrote:thanks muchly for updating!

Glad to be able to help out fellow Wooters. Perhaps this would be a good addition to the Woot FAQ? I didn't see info. in there about the recommendation to refuse delivery if a product is damaged. Also, the clarification that SquareTrade extends rather than replaces the primary warranty would be good on the FAQ I think.

XBmanX90

quality posts: 1 Private Messages XBmanX90

I ordered my TV on Tuesday. Shouldn't it be in the shipping process by now? I feel like I have been waiting a long time compared to any other order I have made here.

gdon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gdon

My 47" just came in today. WHAT A CRAPPY PACKING JOB. I have spent time in a shipping department and I would have better packaging with a box of rocks.

WOOT what do I do? TV looks like it went on Toads Wild Ride?

streetpreacher82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages streetpreacher82
XBmanX90 wrote:I ordered my TV on Tuesday. Shouldn't it be in the shipping process by now? I feel like I have been waiting a long time compared to any other order I have made here.

Same here. I expect it to take a few days, but I am disappointed with how slow it has been. Someone out there have an idea when these will speed up?

benjamin91275

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benjamin91275

Really hoping this doesn't turn into a repeat of this:

http://moofi.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5046765&pageindex=1&replycount=61

streetpreacher82

benjamin91275 wrote:Really hoping this doesn't turn into a repeat of this:

http://moofi.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5046765&pageindex=1&replycount=61

I just read through that thread and now I have a pit in my stomach. Just want to Woot folks to know I already have buyers regret!

ZenWarrior

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ZenWarrior

I came looking for any shipping/tracking information about the TV I bought. I have received nothing information-wise (i.e., tracking) and my account's status states awaiting shipping.

Who do I contact regarding the status or tracking of my purchase? Seko (704-423-0111)? Woot? Another third-party?

Woot, I know you only "sell" TVs but you might still keep in mind the entire process from order to receipt are all parts of the customer's experience and assessment of you, Woot itself. For your own sake, maybe a bit more due diligence regarding what the customer should expect from beginning to end of the purchase process? After reading through this and related threads, even if my TV arrives (one day) in perfect condition and even perfectly packed, I'm highly uncertain I'll take the risk again.

It appears the end consumer assuming an unreasonable measure of risk is part of the purchase process and that has now greatly soured my previously positive expectations of actually receiving the product. (IF UPS, this will be one driver forced to take longer than his allotted 56-57 seconds for a residential delivery. He'll wait until I unpack, hook-up, and turn on!) Until I hear Woot duly vets all aspects and participating partners of purchases from order placement through delivery, I'll do without the angst next time and avoid the purchase all together.

But again, where is my TV and/or how might I find out something regarding shipping/transit/delivery after hearing nothing post-order for a few days now?

cthulhucookies

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cthulhucookies

My order just arrived. Fed Ex didn't even ring the doorbell - I'm guessing due to shame.

The package didn't look great on the outside, I would have refused to accept after reading these comments.

The packaging inside is pretty much non-existent and I could tell the television was damaged without even pulling it out of the box.

I'll email service@woot.com, but man, this week has just been a challenge. Didn't need this cherry on the poop sundae.

streetpreacher82

cthulhucookies wrote:My order just arrived. Fed Ex didn't even ring the doorbell - I'm guessing due to shame.

The package didn't look great on the outside, I would have refused to accept after reading these comments.

The packaging inside is pretty much non-existent and I could tell the television was damaged without even pulling it out of the box.

I'll email service@woot.com, but man, this week has just been a challenge. Didn't need this cherry on the poop sundae.

You would think after the last fiasco this wouldn't happen... When did you purchase it? Curious as none of us are getting confirmations of shipment.

ZenWarrior

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ZenWarrior

Given my account page states the status of this purchase remains open and awaiting shipment (and implicitly, only after that can I not cancel), I have e-mailed Woot to cancel the purchase of this TV and extended warranty, and to fully refund all monies.

I'll buy it new via Amazon with a full one-year manufacturer's warranty for only $35 more dollars than the product with warranty here vs. risking what appears could well be a dubious attempt to both get a quality product and also save money via Woot and/or its partners. As anxiety regarding this purchase increases each waiting day, my peace of mind right now is worth $35.