streetpreacher82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages streetpreacher82
PatrickIs2Smart wrote:Same here. Except August 3 is my estimated delivery date. Looks like the Woot! staff may have finally leaned on the vendor hard enough...

Ditto on the 3rd here. And it is coming Home Delivery... which is never a good sign.

streetpreacher82

streetpreacher82 wrote:Ditto on the 3rd here. And it is coming Home Delivery... which is never a good sign.

My only fear... Dish is coming to do my upgrade the next day. I hope the shipping fairies treat my tv nicely!

XBmanX90

quality posts: 1 Private Messages XBmanX90

How is anyone finding updates on their shipping? This is really beginning to irritate me, and I expected to have the tv here within the week. Honestly, over a week is more than long enough to get a product shipped.

streetpreacher82

XBmanX90 wrote:How is anyone finding updates on their shipping? This is really beginning to irritate me, and I expected to have the tv here within the week. Honestly, over a week is more than long enough to get a product shipped.

First, use this page:

https://www.fedex.com/AltRefTracking?cntry_code=us

You will need your order number from Woot as it is used as an alternate tracking number. If your tv has been shipped, the information will be there.

apopuri

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apopuri

Hmmm,

i'm calling BS on these fedex reports. My does say its expected delivery is on August 3rd BUT, the item hasn't been picked or anything. Fedex has just received the shipping request, not the actual item.

apopuri

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apopuri

blarg, all this for a probably broken tv

micaela310

quality posts: 2 Private Messages micaela310

I didn't receive a tracking update but I did find it via FedEx, thanks for the tip! Mine is also supposed to be getting here on the third, so here's hoping it shows up on time and intact.

streetpreacher82

apopuri wrote:Hmmm,

i'm calling BS on these fedex reports. My does say its expected delivery is on August 3rd BUT, the item hasn't been picked or anything. Fedex has just received the shipping request, not the actual item.

The one upside... home delivery does deliver on Sunday. My guess is there is no info because it was a large shipment.

Bingo969

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Bingo969

Ordered the 22" on the 24th. Received shipping confirmation on the 26th.

Arrived today in really horrible packaging. It was a regular Vizio box turned completed inside out and taped all to hell.

No actual manual, just a CD with an address label on it that says 'VIZIO MANUAL'.

Luckily, the TV seems to actually work.

All in all, I feel VERY lucky that it arrived in 1 piece and is what I ordered. I feel like I just bought electronics from a guy in a van in Times Square.

It was my first Woot Plus order and easily will be my last. Until they can get suppliers in line and I don't have to worry about being the lucky one to have something arrive in one piece and be what I ordered.

Seriously, I shouldn't have to feel like I'm rolling the dice when I place an order unless it's for a Brigade of Campers

joedaouddotcom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joedaouddotcom
Bingo969 wrote:Ordered the 22" on the 24th. Received shipping confirmation on the 26th.

Arrived today in really horrible packaging. It was a regular Vizio box turned completed inside out and taped all to hell.

No actual manual, just a CD with an address label on it that says 'VIZIO MANUAL'.

All in all, I feel VERY lucky that it arrived in 1 piece and is what I ordered. I feel like I just bought electronics from a guy in a van in Times Square.

It was my first Woot Plus order and easily will be my last. Until they can get suppliers in line and I don't have to worry about being the lucky one to have something arrive in one piece and be what I ordered.

Seriously, I shouldn't have to feel like I'm rolling the dice when I place an order unless it's for a Brigade of Campers

Was it the LED model? Let us know if anything happens to the picture.. Mine was dead in 2 days.

jddc

Bingo969

Bingo969 wrote:

Looks like I spoke way too soon. Unit worked for a few minutes then died. I can't begin to express how seriously disappointed I am with this.

I was a little reluctant to give this one a shot at first. I should have trusted my first instinct.

What a major disappointment. Even worse is now reading about how badly these have done before. No idea why Woot would continue to offer these.

thenuts86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thenuts86
Bingo969 wrote:Looks like I spoke way too soon. Unit worked for a few minutes then died. I can't begin to express how seriously disappointed I am with this.

I was a little reluctant to give this one a shot at first. I should have trusted my first instinct.

What a major disappointment. Even worse is now reading about how badly these have done before. No idea why Woot would continue to offer these.

Woot's silence on this has been deafening. They talked about looking into shipping but no one has yet to say why so many TVs are coming in defective. I am glad I sat this one out, but seeing Woot's inaction on this makes me wary of using them in the future.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 620 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

thenuts86 wrote:Woot's silence on this has been deafening. They talked about looking into shipping but no one has yet to say why so many TVs are coming in defective. I am glad I sat this one out, but seeing Woot's inaction on this makes me wary of using them in the future.

Since your account was created just for this post, I'm assuming you have some unstated reason for posting this.

However, I think you're jumping the gun. The TVs are only just now being received. The poster you quoted posted at 10pm which is long after business hours. We will monitor the issues as we always do through customer emails.

If anyone has a problem with their TV, please email service@woot.com. They'll try to answer in 24 hours.

FWIW, the recent TV delivery issues affected a very small number of TVs. We hate that any didn't arrive in good condition but offer that information to put it in perspective.

Thank you!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ZenWarrior

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ZenWarrior

Finally, FedEx tracking info:
Ship date Jul 31, 2012
Estimated delivery Aug 4, 2012

Customer's original date of inquiry:
29 July 2012

I contacted Woot and requested my order be cancelled.

However:
Apparently Woot lied to me when I was told on 29 July 2012 that I could not cancel the order because the TV had already shipped. Why would Woot wish to lie about this? Does it think I now feel better after discovering the Great Woot of Oz is just some puny and inept nincompoop hiding behind a curtain?

Serious question:
Why was I told by Woot that the TV had shipped several days before it actually had, and thus was not allowed to cancel this evil order?

An assurance:
Even if it's real money being sold at one cent on the dollar, I'll *NEVER* again do business with Woot. You do not lie to appease your customers or lessen their worries after you've already royally screwed up! (As it just did, it backfires on you.)

FedEx Shipment Travel History (addendum):
Jul 30, 2012 11:33 AM Shipment information sent to FedEx
(Again, I was told by Woot on the 29th that the TV had already shipped. Right now, I should have my money and Woot should have its worthless TV, but Woot lied to this customer and all that presently obtains is Woot tying up the customer's money.)

Edit: Corrected date of 27 July to accurately reflect 29 July. Still, it appears I was given seemingly inaccurate (and purposefully misleading?) information, 24 hours prior to the first stated date & time involving FedEx, instead of being allowed to cancel the order.

djp279

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djp279

I just got my 47" 3D LCD yesterday, the box had a hole on the top edge, but the set was in perfect shape. I just hope that there is no internal damage... I think I will be buying the extended warranty for the peace of mind...

The 3D looks great when watching a bluray or gaming on my PS3... So far no problems at all to report...

umzy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages umzy

Mom's TV died so I ordered her the 37". Shipping is taking FOREVER, but that's my fault. I should have seen "via Smartpost" and ran (far far) away. Now I'm reading all of these packaging horror stories and not much from Woot other than "Sorry, our bad". I'm thinking that if Woot decides to use 3rd party vendors, they should take the time to vet the 3rd parties operation. Needless to say, if this TV shows up damaged or not working I'll be plenty pissed.

Leptailurus

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Leptailurus

Well I was able to pull up the tracking info by using reference number, mine says it was shipped yesterday from Anaheim, CA and will arrive to me on the 2nd. I'm praying that because the distance isn't too far that mine will arrive in one piece.

I'll update when I receive it with its condition.

I sincerely hope that Woot will reconsider ever working with this vendor. Not only because of very obvious packaging issues, but also because it isn't providing tracking numbers in any reasonable time frame.

meow meow meow meow meow meow

sweetbaboo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sweetbaboo

I was also finally able to get tracking info from the reference #...the shipment has left Anaheim on August 1st and my delivery says Aug. 7 because it's going cross country...hopefully it makes it here in one piece. If the box is all beaten up, I'm just going to refuse to accept the package.

Bingo969

ThunderThighs wrote:
However, I think you're jumping the gun. The TVs are only just now being received. The poster you quoted posted at 10pm which is long after business hours. We will monitor the issues as we always do through customer emails.

Yeah I gotta side with TT on this one. As annoyed as I am about purchasing an item that arrived broken and clearly skimped on by the refurbisher, even I have to give Woot some time to respond on this.

And they did respond with an RMA this morning. Again, I'm really friggin annoyed at the whole situation and it will affect my purchases but at the end of the day, they responded with what I wanted to resolve the situation quickly.

The bigger issue for me will be to see if Woot continues to offer product from this refurbisher again.

streetpreacher82

umzy wrote:Mom's TV died so I ordered her the 37". Shipping is taking FOREVER, but that's my fault. I should have seen "via Smartpost" and ran (far far) away. Now I'm reading all of these packaging horror stories and not much from Woot other than "Sorry, our bad". I'm thinking that if Woot decides to use 3rd party vendors, they should take the time to vet the 3rd parties operation. Needless to say, if this TV shows up damaged or not working I'll be plenty pissed.

Are you sure about the smartpost? Mine is coming home delivery... kinda surprised me!

benjamin91275

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benjamin91275
Leptailurus wrote:Well I was able to pull up the tracking info by using reference number, mine says it was shipped yesterday from Anaheim, CA and will arrive to me on the 2nd. I'm praying that because the distance isn't too far that mine will arrive in one piece

Hope so.
Mine shipped from Anaheim>City of Industry>Sun Valley>out for delivery right now.
Anaheim is an hour from me.
Will update when I get it.

umzy

streetpreacher82 wrote:Are you sure about the smartpost? Mine is coming home delivery... kinda surprised me!

Service type
FedEx SmartPost
Weight
38.0 lbs/17.2 kg

The only upside is it showed it was picked up in Dallas. Maybe mine came from Woot shipping and not a 3rd party? I sure hope so!

djp279

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djp279
umzy wrote:Service type
FedEx SmartPost
Weight
38.0 lbs/17.2 kg

The only upside is it showed it was picked up in Dallas. Maybe mine came from Woot shipping and not a 3rd party? I sure hope so!

Thats what mine said too... Mine was in good shape but it did have the Purrfect Refurbishers sticker on it, the box was in OK shape.

streetpreacher82

umzy wrote:Service type
FedEx SmartPost
Weight
38.0 lbs/17.2 kg

Interesting... For your sake, I hope so!

alane2110

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alane2110

For anyone that has to return their for a refund:

I purchased mine in June, the first time Vizio TV's were offered on Woot Plus. My TV came in terrible shape. It looks like it was broken before it was shipped. The corner that was protected was dented and the screen was lose from the rest of the TV. There was no obvious damage to the actual box. I returned the TV sending Woot the tracking information. After 9 business days of Woot receiving the package I followed up about being refunded. For some reason a refund was never processed after they received the TV.

I would follow up with Woot once you return your TV and they have received it to make sure you get your refund.

I was stuck paying the $585 on my credit card bill to avoid interest payments since the refund didn't come through quick enough.

Gatortech

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gatortech

I really wish i read this forum before buying, My 47" led wifi t.v was shipped from Anaheim and is expected to come on the 4th, I am Very Nervous!

Bingo969

Gatortech wrote:I really wish i read this forum before buying, My 47" led wifi t.v was shipped from Anaheim and is expected to come on the 4th, I am Very Nervous!

Hey just a little note - it's usually considered a *really* bad idea to include your full real name, address and phone number in message board posts on the internet.

Just mentioning it since you also convienently mention you are getting a 47" TV at the same time. And you happen to live about 20 minutes from me, apparently.

If it weren't for the fact that there is a 50/50 chance the thing will arrive in 1 piece, much less work - I might have considered driving over and stealing the thing off your porch.

I kid of course. About the stealing part.

an0dyne1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages an0dyne1

Well, my package stalled out in the FedEx system on the 30th. Estimated delivery date of August 1st (today).

Getting a little nervous reading all of these "damaged goods" posts. I've been using woot for several years now (two different accounts because I have a bad memory when it comes to passwords and whatnot). I'd really like to continue using woot, but if this TV comes in garbage, I believe I will be discontinuing my patronage

itoshi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages itoshi

Received my 22" LED yesterday but was too busy to look at it. Opened it today. Was shipped in a Vizio box turned inside out. Packing seems fine and also received CDR with Vizio TV User Manual and a paper QuickStart Guide which appears had a bad time with a box cutter (not mine). The TV looks OK though there are moderate scratches on the bottom they would not be seen if... the base could be attached. Which I don't believe it can as clips are missing entirely. I'll need to be contacting support because I can't set it up with out the base.

Gatortech

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gatortech
Bingo969 wrote:Hey just a little note - it's usually considered a *really* bad idea to include your full real name, address and phone number in message board posts on the internet.

Just mentioning it since you also convienently mention you are getting a 47" TV at the same time. And you happen to live about 20 minutes from me, apparently.

If it weren't for the fact that there is a 50/50 chance the thing will arrive in 1 piece, much less work - I might have considered driving over and stealing the thing off your porch.

I kid of course. About the stealing part.

haha thanks i didnt even notice that, good thing its not being shipped to that address, now how do i delete that?

benjamin91275

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benjamin91275
benjamin91275 wrote:
Will update when I get it.

I got the 26"
Showed up in a plain brown box that looked unmolested. Everything seems just fine. Looks to be as new, no scratches, plastic still on the bezel. Remote,manual,stand included.

I'm not all that impressed with the TV in general: viewing angle not good, tuner crappy, can't seem to adjust the picture to where I'm satisfied. I like the Apex 26" I bought for $130 yesterday better.

Buyer's remorse aside, everything seems to be all good here. I would probably return it if I could. Might just unload it on Craigslist.

PatrickIs2Smart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PatrickIs2Smart
benjamin91275 wrote:I got the 26"
Showed up in a plain brown box that looked unmolested. Everything seems just fine. Looks to be as new, no scratches, plastic still on the bezel. Remote,manual,stand included.

I'm not all that impressed with the TV in general: viewing angle not good, tuner crappy, can't seem to adjust the picture to where I'm satisfied. I like the Apex 26" I bought for $130 yesterday better.

Buyer's remorse aside, everything seems to be all good here. I would probably return it if I could. Might just unload it on Craigslist.

Ugh, buyer's remorse... the worst. Did you buy it with a credit card that has ::ahem:: accidental damage protection? ;-) It'd be a shame if that wall mount you bought didn't hold too well and the TV fell smack down on its beautiful screen.

joedaouddotcom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joedaouddotcom
joedaouddotcom wrote:Hello fellow wooters,

I purchased the VIZIO E322MV 32” 1080p Edge Lit Razor LED and the following happened:

I received the TV 2 days earlier than expected. Ordered on 7/23 (Monday) and received 7/28 (Saturday) when FedEx tracking said it would arrive by 7/30.

Took it out of the box (which was not damaged) to find a big dent on the back casing of the TV. I went along with it and thought I would try to plug it in and see if it was working.

Plugged the TV into my cable box via HDMI and gawked at the picture for a little bit because it was incredible. Moved it over to my spare room and hooked up my cable via coax connection. The picture quality was great and I was very happy with the TV (keyword: "was").

I turn the TV on yesterday (only 2 days after receiving it) and the screen will not stop flickering. It seems as if the unit is dead now. There is nothing I can do to fix this it seems, resetting the device, unplugging it, trying different connections (AV, HDMI, etc) does not make a difference. The flicker is on the display itself and does not rely on the source it is connected to.

I am very disappointed to read all of the negative reviews on shipping. I have been a member of woot for a very long time and have spent quite a bit of money on this site. First and LAST time I am buying a TV from here though.

It sucks too because I have had a 37" Vizio TV (forget the model) for over 5 years now and have not had a single issue with it (knock on wood). Didn't buy it from woot though, thats for sure.

Haven't delt with woot's customer service yet, thought I would let the members know about my experience first. I will keep everyone updated on the specifics I receive from customer service on shipping this POS back.

Thanks for listening.

-Joe

UPDATE:

I just emailed CS and am waiting for a response. As someone mentioned above, I don't know if I will have to go through the shady "Purrfect Refurb" company or not (I really hope not). I mentioned in my email to CS the fact that Woot doesn't handle shipping costs for returns. This is going to be a big problem considering the POS TV is almost 40lbs!

Don't you guys think Woot or the shady "Purrfect" company should cover the shipping considering the amount of faulty or damaged TV's that were shipped???

Still SO upset! Never dealing with Woot again!!!

-Joe

jddc

an0dyne1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages an0dyne1

Shipping "update"

As of july 30th, my package was still stuck in shipping limbo.

As it was being sent "smartpost" I checked out usps to see if there was anything in their end. In the 30th, the info was sent electronically, but the package is still lost in the aether.

Fantastic woot/fedex/usps.

It's going to be a long weekend waiting for a (potentially) broken tv.

umzy

umzy wrote:Mom's TV died so I ordered her the 37". Shipping is taking FOREVER, but that's my fault. I should have seen "via Smartpost" and ran (far far) away. Now I'm reading all of these packaging horror stories and not much from Woot other than "Sorry, our bad". I'm thinking that if Woot decides to use 3rd party vendors, they should take the time to vet the 3rd parties operation. Needless to say, if this TV shows up damaged or not working I'll be plenty pissed.

One again, a Smartpost clustereff. Tracking number had the set being delivered today. Just in time for me to get it hooked up at Moms before vacation tomorrow. WRONG! Waited all day for the mailman, nothing. Tracking # now says delivery is Aug. 3rd and its sitting at the post office next city over. Not good considering I leave for vacation in the A.M.

Oh wait no problem! I'll just go over to the P.O and pick it up. Wait in line.. and wait and wait.. Hand the lady the tracking number and she acted like I wrote it in Swahili. "Whats this?" It's a tracking number, I want to pick it up. "Was delivery attempted?" No, I'm going on vacation tomorrow and need the box today. "Sorry, we have to make a delivery attempt first". What the hell? I have a package addressed TO ME at the post office and I can't pick it up? How ridiculous is that?

umzy

an0dyne1 wrote:Shipping "update"

As of july 30th, my package was still stuck in shipping limbo.

As it was being sent "smartpost" I checked out usps to see if there was anything in their end. In the 30th, the info was sent electronically, but the package is still lost in the aether.

Fantastic woot/fedex/usps.

It's going to be a long weekend waiting for a (potentially) broken tv.

I wish you luck my friend. From now on I won't even order a Leak Frog if it comes SmartPost.

Leptailurus

Talk about the biggest bummer of all! My box arrived in pristine condition, which I was soooo happy about, but after I unpacked it and plugged it in and turned it on...

No picture.

Troubleshoot for a bit and I get sound!... but still no picture. Just black. Pretty sure the backlight is dead. I don't see any damage from shipment, I'm pretty sure I was just given a dead TV.

Most disappointing moment I've had in a long time. Especially because this thing is a beast, shipping it back will cost me a fortune!

I emailed woot so now it's just a waiting game to see what they'll do. Sigh.

Leptailurus

Well, Woot already answered my email! Talk about prompt!

They provided me with a return label and said I should receive a full refund in seven to ten business days. Yay!

Kind of bummed the TV didn't work but YAY for Woot!

I love you Woot, sorry I ever doubted you. <3 <3 <3

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

Leptailurus wrote:Well, Woot already answered my email! Talk about prompt!

They provided me with a return label and said I should receive a full refund in seven to ten business days. Yay!

Kind of bummed the TV didn't work but YAY for Woot!

I love you Woot, sorry I ever doubted you. <3 <3 <3

browncj7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages browncj7

42" LED arrived last night.

Box in OK shape.

The top left corner was badly dented and this distorted the frame. Could have lived with this, but not with the 1.5" scratch in the left middle of the screen. This clearly existed pre packagaing, as the bag the TV was shipped in would have had a nice hole in it otherwise.

Did not even plug it in.