ThunderThighs


quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

browncj7 wrote:42" LED arrived last night.

Box in OK shape.

The top left corner was badly dented and this distorted the frame. Could have lived with this, but not with the 1.5" scratch in the left middle of the screen. This clearly existed pre packagaing, as the bag the TV was shipped in would have had a nice hole in it otherwise.

Did not even plug it in.



Drat. I'm sorry about the damage. If you haven't already, please email service@woot.com so they can help you.




FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

jhuster


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhuster

I've read so many bad comments here that I was becoming quite worried about my own purchase. I bought the 47" 3DTV and it arrived yesterday via "Purr"fect Refurbs in a Vizio box turned inside out.

I was a bit frightened when I saw the box was tattered and beat up with the tape coming off, but once I unpacked it, I swear to you this TV appears to be brand new. I'm not even sure it was ever used! It had all the shrink wrap still on the bezel and base and appears to be in perfect condition. This is the absolute best purchase I've ever made from Woot. All the anxiety that was building from reading the posts here had me extremely worried. The TV shipped from Dallas to Washington, DC...it made it that far with nary a scratch.

After I did the initial set up, the TV automatically downloaded new firmware and widget updates (this TV even has iHeartRadio!!).

I was watching the Olympics in 3D within 20 minutes of getting the TV. I'm fully impressed with the quality, even if the shipping left a bit to be desired. But hey, for $5 shipping...I guess I can't really complain.

Hopefully anyone reading these posts doesn't become as discouraged as I was. I hope your sets arrive undamaged and in as a pristine condition as mine. Fingers crossed!

sbazemore


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sbazemore

My tv was supposed to be delivered today so I checked on the tracking and it say's it was actually delivered yesterday. I was home all day yesterday and watched the postman drop off my mail. No TV. Called post office this morning to find out what was going on and all they could tell me was they would have to call me back later.

This is the last time I buy anything if it's shipping via SmartPost.

kittenerica


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kittenerica
sbazemore wrote:My tv was supposed to be delivered today so I checked on the tracking and it say's it was actually delivered yesterday. I was home all day yesterday and watched the postman drop off my mail. No TV. Called post office this morning to find out what was going on and all they could tell me was they would have to call me back later.

This is the last time I buy anything if it's shipping via SmartPost.





Same this is going on with mine. Tracking states the package was delivered Aug. 1st without signature (who drops off a $500 package without a signature?!), but the package is nowhere to be found! Don't know if receiving one of their defective TVs or not receiving anything at all is worse!

an0dyne1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages an0dyne1
an0dyne1 wrote:Shipping "update"

As of july 30th, my package was still stuck in shipping limbo.

As it was being sent "smartpost" I checked out usps to see if there was anything in their end. In the 30th, the info was sent electronically, but the package is still lost in the aether.

Fantastic woot/fedex/usps.

It's going to be a long weekend waiting for a (potentially) broken tv.



Good news everyone! My tv came in today. The box was nearly unmolested, minus a couple of holes. The tv was unharmed and is working properly thus far. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that it continues to do so.

micaela310


quality posts: 2 Private Messages micaela310

I received my 2D 47-inch today, and I must be one of the lucky ones! The box was nondescript and beyond some tears from shipping on the bottom it was in good shape, along with the packaging inside. Thus far I've made it through a whole firefly episode with no problems. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this stays the great purchase it appears to be!

likwid9


quality posts: 0 Private Messages likwid9

Received my TV today, but it was the wrong model... They sent me the LCD vs the LED.. This happen to anyone else? I'm pretty upset. It's at least 3 times thicker than the LED.

streetpreacher82


quality posts: 0 Private Messages streetpreacher82

TV is on the truck for delivery. Send some good vibes this way Woot so I can give a nice write up with no weeping and gnashing of teeth over this purchase!

ZenWarrior


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ZenWarrior

Per a missive received from Woot Member Services: "Refusing a package is fine."

Therefore, I have today refused delivery of the TV without even allowing the driver to remove it from his truck. I didn't risk wasting another second of my time by examining the box or TV.

I understand Woot makes things right in the end, but I think someone does not comprehend the fully proper way to do business is to not present customers a problem in the first place. Customers are then immediately happy and satisfied with their purchases, remain loyal buyers, and Woot actually makes more money by not incurring shipping and administrative costs handling the return.

Stated differently, Woot might strongly reconsider retaining their current partner(s) in these transactions. They appear to be significantly damaging Woot's corporate goodwill in the eyes of too many of its customers.

apopuri


quality posts: 0 Private Messages apopuri

Hey,

I thought I'd let you guys know. My 47 LED came in today. The box was pretty badly beat up, the top two corners were both dented a lot and the tape on the top of the box was completely off so the top just was open. I looked inside it was just a bare tv with 4 corner supports, the top two weren't even on the tv, probably due to it being thrown around.

BUT

Once I got the TV out, it appeared to be ok. The tv didn't look like anything was broken, the top had a few marks but nothing visible, and anyone who has moved to a new apartment with a tv knows they end up with a few tolerable marks. When I turned on the TV, there was a little light spot on the TV that quickly disappeared. Other than that the TV is fantastic!!!!! I've used it for about two hours and this thing really is pretty impressive. The motion acceleration is very nice and I was happy to report I don't see any dead pixels or any problems at this time!!! Woot kind of gave me a heart attack on this one, and if I had to do it all over again I doubt I'd buy this again but I guess I'm just one of the lucky ones!

bizzleburger


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bizzleburger
likwid9 wrote:Received my TV today, but it was the wrong model... They sent me the LCD vs the LED.. This happen to anyone else? I'm pretty upset. It's at least 3 times thicker than the LED.



My TV was just delivered, and they did the same to me. LCD not LED. Pretty angry myself.

sweetbaboo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sweetbaboo
bizzleburger wrote:My TV was just delivered, and they did the same to me. LCD not LED. Pretty angry myself.



what size? I ordered a 47" LED...hope it doesn't turn out to be LCD.

bizzleburger


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bizzleburger
sweetbaboo wrote:what size? I ordered a 47" LED...hope it doesn't turn out to be LCD.



32". Seems like it works fine, only just got it a few minutes ago but no problems so far. Other than it's not the TV I ordered, obviously. Not sure where to go from here.

PatrickIs2Smart


quality posts: 0 Private Messages PatrickIs2Smart

Received my 26" LED this morning. Came in a nondescript, plain brown box. Pretty poorly packaged, but no damage. So far, no issues...

jhnrksn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhnrksn

Has anyone else had a tracking number for their TV that has never updated beyond "Shipment information sent to FedEx"?

canestri


quality posts: 0 Private Messages canestri
likwid9 wrote:Received my TV today, but it was the wrong model... They sent me the LCD vs the LED.. This happen to anyone else? I'm pretty upset. It's at least 3 times thicker than the LED.



Same exact thing happened to me. Ordered 32" LED and received 32" LCD. Sent an email to customer service to get a resolution.

stagz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stagz
jhnrksn wrote:Has anyone else had a tracking number for their TV that has never updated beyond "Shipment information sent to FedEx"?



Yeah I have the same thing going on with my purchase. I ordered a 32" LCD last Saturday.

jhnrksn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhnrksn
stagz wrote:Yeah I have the same thing going on with my purchase. I ordered a 32" LCD last Saturday.



Groovy. Same thing I ordered. Probably sitting in a warehouse waiting to get picked up once a week by FedEx...

Just mildly unsettling thinking that it could be lost somewhere or already delivered and not know it.

sevilla9


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sevilla9

Ugh... I ordered mine (32" LCD) on July 28th and it still appears to be sitting in a warehouse.

streetpreacher82


quality posts: 0 Private Messages streetpreacher82

Well, received mine today and was shocked. First off, my packaging was great. Non-descript box with metal wires around it bracing the box together. All corner pieces we in tact and kept the tv in place.

Pulled it out, unwrapped it and WOW. It literally looks brand new. No scratches, no bumps, no nothing. I am note sure this wasn't an overstock because this is an excellent looking refurb.

Hooked up DISH, Roku and Wii with no issues. Picture is amazing. Sound is average, but I bought a refurb sound bar to fix that problem.

In the end, great purchase!

Hey Woot Staff, sorry for the hard time I have given you guys. I am pleasantly shocked! If I could, I would go 4 out of five stars. The one star pulled was for crappy shipping time.

For those curious, I purchased the 47in LCD.

cwrichar


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwrichar
canestri wrote:Same exact thing happened to me. Ordered 32" LED and received 32" LCD. Sent an email to customer service to get a resolution.



The same thing also happened to me. I ordered the 32" LED and got the 32" LCD. Let me know what the customer service says about it.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Those of you checking FedEx for updates, you might try FedEx's “Track by Reference” feature to get tracking info using your order number. For some reason, this method works better sometimes.

Your order number is on your receipt which you can get via Your Account. Leave the Account Number blank. Enter your order number in the reference box. Next, select your country and enter your zip code. Click TRACK and voilà, you may have tracking info.

That seems to work better for items that are drop-shipped.




FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

canestri wrote:Same exact thing happened to me. Ordered 32" LED and received 32" LCD. Sent an email to customer service to get a resolution.
cwrichar wrote:The same thing also happened to me. I ordered the 32" LED and got the 32" LCD. Let me know what the customer service says about it.



Customer service is aware of this issue. If you could email them (service@woot.com), they'll give you some options.




FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

adamporter


quality posts: 0 Private Messages adamporter

I ordered the 32" Vizio on July 27. Was hoping to see some of the Olympics on it. It arrived yesterday August 4. Packing appeared undamaged. Set it up, and it worked great for about 5 minutes, then died.

Hard to tell who/how to contact... Vizio? Woot? Amergence? (Who are they?) Purrfect Refurbs.com (shown on the box?)

Contacted Vizio for troubleshooting. Apparently the refurbisher replaced the serial number.

Emailed rma@woot.com but the response says I won't hear back til at least Monday.

I thought refurbs were promised to be tested and working as good as new. This is not the case.

Hopefully I will not need to wait a long time and/or pay additional money for shipping. Lesson learned: Don't buy woot.com refurb unless you're willing to wait and willing to take a significant risk that the equipment is damaged.


coolwaves


quality posts: 0 Private Messages coolwaves

Received my 22" LED Vizio in an original box that was turned inside out. Plugged it in last night for half an hour. Everything worked. Turned it on this morning, DEAD. Won't turn on. The remote that came with it looks very used. Just emailed woot. This is my first refurbished TV purchase from Woot. Are they going to send a replacement or full refund?

ZenWarrior


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ZenWarrior

I was actually convinced by the UPS driver to take receipt of the TV I thought I'd made certain to refuse shipment. I'd left a note on all potential delivery points at my house and was out for most of the day. But after arriving back home, UPS knocked on the door only moments later. The driver knocked because although he did not need a signature to leave the relatively expensive item just sitting outside, he did need a signature not to do so!!!

We were casually discussing the reason I was returning the TV when he offered to wait while I had a look at it. I took him up on his offer. In fact, the box in which it came was in no way damaged. I opened the box to find a seemingly perfect factory-packed TV. All good so far. The UPS driver, saying he had extra time on a Saturday, offered to wait while I took a few minutes to hook up the TV and have it display a picture. "Wow!," I thought. The horror stories aren't true! Thinking I'd lucked out, I accepted the TV. Bad move!

Now after about 6 hours of using the TV over the past two days (36 hours after receipt to be precise), it has developed a very obvious rosey-yellowish tint when displaying the picture. It seems something most inherently amiss in the TV since I've reset it to factory defaults and attempted to adjust the tint and color. However, neither removed the rosey-yellowish tint now clearly visible when the TV is being used.

In sum, I must return the TV as I thought to do so in the first place. To make the experience one I'll definitely never forget, I'm also being told I must deal with the extended warranty refund as an entirely separate matter. This has indeed been a terrible purchase experience. I have no TV, but will likely be without my money for at least a month cleaning up someone else's mess.

streetpreacher82


quality posts: 0 Private Messages streetpreacher82

The more I read the more grateful I am that my TV turned out okay. But, based on everyone else's experience, I can say I will not be buying any more large electronics from Woot... hopefully mine won't die. 3 days in with heave usage and so far so good. I guess I am one of the lucky ones.

canestri


quality posts: 0 Private Messages canestri
ThunderThighs wrote:Customer service is aware of this issue. If you could email them (service@woot.com), they'll give you some options.



FYI

My options were to return the TV for a full refund or a small discount. Unfortunately getting what I ordered was not an option so the TV is going back.

adamporter


quality posts: 0 Private Messages adamporter

I still haven't gotten any response. I just re-sent my request to service@woot.com.


adamporter wrote:I ordered the 32" Vizio on July 27. Was hoping to see some of the Olympics on it. It arrived yesterday August 4. Packing appeared undamaged. Set it up, and it worked great for about 5 minutes, then died.

Hard to tell who/how to contact... Vizio? Woot? Amergence? (Who are they?) Purrfect Refurbs.com (shown on the box?)

Contacted Vizio for troubleshooting. Apparently the refurbisher replaced the serial number.

Emailed rma@woot.com but the response says I won't hear back til at least Monday.

I thought refurbs were promised to be tested and working as good as new. This is not the case.

Hopefully I will not need to wait a long time and/or pay additional money for shipping. Lesson learned: Don't buy woot.com refurb unless you're willing to wait and willing to take a significant risk that the equipment is damaged.



cmusicfan05


quality posts: 1 Private Messages cmusicfan05
ThunderThighs wrote:Customer service is aware of this issue. If you could email them (service@woot.com), they'll give you some options.



What if I don't like either option? I paid $240 for the LED TV I wanted. I could have ordered the $200 LCD if I wanted it. Now I'm faced with choosing the lesser of two inconveniences: getting an LCD TV that I didn't order and that I technically paid full price ($200) for, or not having a TV at all. I think something more should be done. I'd be happy with a decent coupon code for a future purchase to make us long-time customers happy.

davidcwong


quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidcwong

Customer service knew they were sending out the wrong TV and this is their email: (Pretty insulting - time to buy from dealnews or slickdeals I guess - being bought out has not made their service better)

Woot here. Remember that sweet deal on a Vizio 32" LED HDTV we hooked you up with? Well, there's a small issue. Specifically, we advertised the wrong model, and you received an E320VA instead of an E320VP. Now we debated whether or not you'd actually notice, but in the end our conscience got the better of us and we figured you'd want to get what you paid for. So here's what we can do to fix it:

1. A $40.00 credit has been put in process back to your original payment method for the incorrect model. If you want to keep the TV, you don't have to do anything further.

2. If you absolutely don't want it, let us know ASAP and we'll send you a Return Label to send the product back to us (at our cost). Once received and processed, we'll issue a refund for the remainder of the order total.

Sorry again for the mixup.

benjamin91275


quality posts: 0 Private Messages benjamin91275
davidcwong wrote:Customer service knew they were sending out the wrong TV and this is their email: (Pretty insulting - time to buy from dealnews or slickdeals I guess - being bought out has not made their service better)

Woot here. Remember that sweet deal on a Vizio 32" LED HDTV we hooked you up with? Well, there's a small issue. Specifically, we advertised the wrong model, and you received an E320VA instead of an E320VP. Now we debated whether or not you'd actually notice, but in the end our conscience got the better of us and we figured you'd want to get what you paid for. So here's what we can do to fix it:

1. A $40.00 credit has been put in process back to your original payment method for the incorrect model. If you want to keep the TV, you don't have to do anything further.

2. If you absolutely don't want it, let us know ASAP and we'll send you a Return Label to send the product back to us (at our cost). Once received and processed, we'll issue a refund for the remainder of the order total.

Sorry again for the mixup.




Seriously, there's a time to be cute but when customers have serious issues, be serious.

zburntfox


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zburntfox
jhnrksn wrote:Has anyone else had a tracking number for their TV that has never updated beyond "Shipment information sent to FedEx"?



I am getting thee same exact thing! Oiy! WOOT, FED-Ex Smart post is broken! Quit using it. It is proof that Gov and Private industry should not mix together!

zburntfox


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zburntfox
ThunderThighs wrote:Those of you checking FedEx for updates, you might try FedEx's “Track by Reference” feature to get tracking info using your order number. For some reason, this method works better sometimes.

Your order number is on your receipt which you can get via Your Account. Leave the Account Number blank. Enter your order number in the reference box. Next, select your country and enter your zip code. Click TRACK and voilà, you may have tracking info.

That seems to work better for items that are drop-shipped.


NO DICE!

CLAIMS THE BLOODY THING HAS NOT EVEN SHIPPED BY THAT METHOD!
I really enjoy Woot. MY family has got some great items over the years from WOOT. Why must this item be such a PITA?!?!?!?! This is the second time "Smart-Post" thru WOOT has been an "I ARE DISAPPOINT" for me.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

zburntfox wrote:NO DICE!

CLAIMS THE BLOODY THING HAS NOT EVEN SHIPPED BY THAT METHOD!
I really enjoy Woot. MY family has got some great items over the years from WOOT. Why must this item be such a PITA?!?!?!?! This is the second time "Smart-Post" thru WOOT has been an "I ARE DISAPPOINT" for me.


Hmmmm, depending on the size, it may not have shipped FedEx. Go ahead and email service@woot.com so they can point you in the right direction. I'll send them a note too.

Sorry for the confusion.




FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

silverblackrl


quality posts: 0 Private Messages silverblackrl
zburntfox wrote:I am getting thee same exact thing! Oiy! WOOT, FED-Ex Smart post is broken! Quit using it. It is proof that Gov and Private industry should not mix together!





I had a tracking # within 24 hrs. Now 9 days later it still shows shipment info sent to fedex. No destination listed, no shipping location listed, no estimated delivery time, nothing. The only other info shows "anticipated ship date 7/30/12". I guess we missed that estimate. Emailing customer service but I'm still disappointed. I've already ordered something else from Woot so I haven't completely given up on them yet but I'm not liking my first experience.

streetpreacher82


quality posts: 0 Private Messages streetpreacher82
silverblackrl wrote:I had a tracking # within 24 hrs. Now 9 days later it still shows shipment info sent to fedex. No destination listed, no shipping location listed, no estimated delivery time, nothing. The only other info shows "anticipated ship date 7/30/12". I guess we missed that estimate. Emailing customer service but I'm still disappointed. I've already ordered something else from Woot so I haven't completely given up on them yet but I'm not liking my first experience.



I had to do something different to see where it actually was. Try this... search by order number. When you get there, copy the actually tracking number and close out Fedex. Reopen and search by the tracking number and see if that works. It did for me!

silverblackrl


quality posts: 0 Private Messages silverblackrl
streetpreacher82 wrote:I had to do something different to see where it actually was. Try this... search by order number. When you get there, copy the actually tracking number and close out Fedex. Reopen and search by the tracking number and see if that works. It did for me!



No go. I get the same info. Shipment has been initiated but not picked up. Thanks for trying to help tho!

iamis


quality posts: 5 Private Messages iamis

I got a refurb 32" Visio a while back. I think it had a 60 day warranty. At about day 70, under very light usage, it died. Anyone know what a dead Visio might be useful for? I can't think of anything.

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
iamis wrote:I got a refurb 32" Visio a while back. I think it had a 60 day warranty. At about day 70, under very light usage, it died. Anyone know what a dead Visio might be useful for? I can't think of anything.



If you bought the vizio from us, please send a note to service@woot.com.

Sorry to hear about your tv.

I'm just hanging out, really.