WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Pyle Audio

You know how sometimes you like to listen to music but you don't want to go to a smoky bar and brave the crowds and pay a cover just to listen to some live band that no one's even going to remember in 3 years? That's what personal audio is for. Thanks Pyle!
Pyle Audio official site

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

A waterproof video recorder? Anyone up to the challenge of finding some action shots?

I'm just hanging out, really.

jwagers2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jwagers2

Can anyone find video reviews for the ipod dock?

bigshtank

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bigshtank

My experience with Pyle was always that their products were poorly made and their speakers were just god awful. Granted, this was back in the 90s when I last bought their stuff, but after the first time, I never tried again. My advice, avoid them like the plague.

emblaze2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emblaze2

What is 72 rpm? All of my old-old records are 78s. I have no desire to hear "Sparky's Magic Piano" at a slightly slowed down speed - it already creeps me out!!!

colleenroth77

quality posts: 4 Private Messages colleenroth77
jwagers2 wrote:Can anyone find video reviews for the ipod dock?

I found this:
http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PIPDSP20-Docking-Portable-Speaker/product-reviews/B004HJ78NW/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

I'm on the fence on this one. I was considering this to to replace a broken JBL On Stage Micro but I might just pony up and buy what I know works. The JBL broke because of a destructive toddler - not a malfunction ;)

unclewiggy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unclewiggy

This is what i found. No reviews but a price.
http://www.qualitycaraudio.com/store/viewitem.asp?sku=PHSCI20B

deathknell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deathknell

Anyone know if the record player has a 45 adapter with it or am i going to have to align the record just right?

zigzag8336

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zigzag8336

The touch screen CD player looks pretty sweet, but I don't know enough about the Pyle brand to risk $100 plus pay someone to install it.

gephross100

quality posts: 4 Private Messages gephross100

90 dollar recieve, I don't like the idea of it.

It functions for audio but I can't speak for a home theater system, no HDMI or even DVI ports. I'll pass.

c u

loudermipr

quality posts: 2 Private Messages loudermipr

I'm gonna have to agree with Bigshtank on this one. I bought the record player off of here the last time they ran the Pyle Audio deals (about a month or so ago). When the player arrived it was completely defective. The player didn't spin, not sound for external inputs, nothing. So I called to get a replacement only to find out their customer service is worst than the third reich's. I had to call repeatedly, because they would transfer me to "another department" aka a voice mailbox. I left multiple messages and sent a couple emails to no reply. Finally, I called and demanded I not be transferred or put on hold under any circumstance. After much debate I got a manager on the phone (he had to walk over because I wouldn't let them transfer me) who told me that I had to pay for shipping and I should simply send it to their address with my information and they would send it back. When I asked how I would know if they received the package and what the status of the repairs were he said and I quote, "Well you know if you send it here it should get here and we'll send it right back so it's no problem." Under no circumstance would they pay for return shipping. They actually tried to get me to send a money order for return shipping, but I was able to talk them off of that.

All that said I wasn't about to pay $20 to ship it to them and risk never seeing it again or just getting another broken player, so I wound up taking it apart myself and fixing it (it had a couple loose connections and the belt wasn't fitted on the belt drive). Now that it's working I love the player, but would never ever ever in a million years buy another one of their products.

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM PYLE!

loudermipr

quality posts: 2 Private Messages loudermipr
deathknell wrote:Anyone know if the record player has a 45 adapter with it or am i going to have to align the record just right?

It has a 45 adapter, but I don't recommend Pyle whatsoever (see above post). I own this record player and love it, but just know if you ever have any problem with it you're in for one heck of a ride and a proud owner of a fancy wooden box

lvennard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lvennard

I was looking at the In-Dash Touch Screen System that is here, but wanted to read the manual to find out more about integration with the existing steering wheel controls. Went to the website and discovered you have to Buy the manuals. Manufacturers that sell manuals to their own products is a big red flag for me.

auzroz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages auzroz

I have bought several Pyle products in the past, mostly for Car Audio.

Basically, you get what you pay for. It is cheap because it lacks quality, but if you just want a radio to put in your 'Yota and go blasting through the dirt and mud, it gets the job done on the cheap and you don't feel bad when it stops working. If you have a nice car, get a nice radio.

Aquila76

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Aquila76
loudermipr wrote:
DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM PYLE!

bigshtank wrote:My advice, avoid them like the plague.

I tried installing a Pyle radio a couple years ago for a friend who bought it without consulting anyone first. The rear outputs would not work, no matter what we tried. Then the display just went black and would not light up. It made sound, but no info as to what that sound was. We tried calling their support and were just transferred until we hit a 'mailbox full' message. Four times. The only time we enjoyed this Pyle product was when we took it to the dump and went "Office Space" on it. These products are a Pyle of something alright.

My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal.

mustbechris

quality posts: 8 Private Messages mustbechris

The turntable looks so cool. The turntable itself is crap unfortunately. The $15 VIBE that went yesterday is a much better value. I wish I could put the VIBE turntable inside this one's frame.

sneakypackrat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sneakypackrat

I see Pyle has a lot of bad reviews here, but does anyone know about the heart rate monitor they are selling? I might go in for one just to get my feet with with a HRM.

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude

Me being in mobile electronics for over 15 years, I wouldn't trust a paperweight with the Pyle brand name on it. I would honestly take my chances with a no-name Chinese eBay version of a product before I bought the Pyle. No, I'm not kidding.

skrutinizr

quality posts: 8 Private Messages skrutinizr

Pyle is useless garbage.
Nothing more needs to be said.

sneakypackrat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sneakypackrat

O_O Thanks guys, I'll save my monies!!

supportpyleaudio

quality posts: 2 Private Messages supportpyleaudio
deathknell wrote:Anyone know if the record player has a 45 adapter with it or am i going to have to align the record just right?

Yes Pyle Record Players come with the 45 adaptor

supportpyleaudio

sneakypackrat wrote:I see Pyle has a lot of bad reviews here, but does anyone know about the heart rate monitor they are selling? I might go in for one just to get my feet with with a HRM.

The Pyle heart rate monitors are only about a year in production. However we have been getting plenty of great reviews from customers on various sites but if you search by model number on google it should bring you to them.

bluemaple

quality posts: 65 Private Messages bluemaple

OK, I did not realize Pyle was still around.

Makes one wonder whether this is yet another one of those "we'll get name recognition real quick by resurrecting an old brand and slapping it on our crap" situations.

The broad (not just a specific niche) product line is a hint at the above.

Kinda like Philco, RCA, Magnavox, Westinghouse, etc... (Yah, I know, some of the above stuff can be OK like Magnavox DVRs - really good) but you get the point - these brands have no connection to their past other than their spelling.

Could be off base, but...

supportpyleaudio

Aquila76 wrote:I tried installing a Pyle radio a couple years ago for a friend who bought it without consulting anyone first. The rear outputs would not work, no matter what we tried. Then the display just went black and would not light up. It made sound, but no info as to what that sound was. We tried calling their support and were just transferred until we hit a 'mailbox full' message. Four times. The only time we enjoyed this Pyle product was when we took it to the dump and went "Office Space" on it. These products are a Pyle of something alright.

Pyle offers a 2 year parts and labor warranty on all its mobile electronics. If you have a hard time getting through by phone we also offer email support at www.pyleaudio.com or email us direct at support@pyleaudio.com

supportpyleaudio

bluemaple wrote:OK, I did not realize Pyle was still around.

Makes one wonder whether this is yet another one of those "we'll get name recognition real quick by resurrecting an old brand and slapping it on our crap" situations.

The broad (not just a specific niche) product line is a hint at the above.

Kinda like Philco, RCA, Magnavox, Westinghouse, etc... (Yah, I know, some of the above stuff can be OK like Magnavox DVRs - really good) but you get the point - these brands have no connection to their past other than their spelling.

Could be off base, but...

Your correct Pyle Audio started out in Huntington Indiana as a family run operation in the mid-70's. Sound Around Inc. Has aquired Pyle since 1998 and has been producing quality affordable product mainly in Car audio and DJ Pro audio electronics. We are not the orignial Pyle but we strive to continue their legacy.

supportpyleaudio

lvennard wrote:I was looking at the In-Dash Touch Screen System that is here, but wanted to read the manual to find out more about integration with the existing steering wheel controls. Went to the website and discovered you have to Buy the manuals. Manufacturers that sell manuals to their own products is a big red flag for me.

Pyle Audio does not charge for owners manuals, most are posted on www.pyleaudio.com If you search by model number it will take you to the individual item page, under the item chart you will see a section where it says manuals & downloads. Click on that link for the free download. If for some reason its not posted on the site if you send SASE to Pyle Audio 1600 63rd Street Brooklyn, NY 11204 we will mail it out to you free of charge.

schubee2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schubee2
supportpyleaudio wrote:Pyle Audio does not charge for owners manuals, most are posted on www.pyleaudio.com If you search by model number it will take you to the individual item page, under the item chart you will see a section where it says manuals & downloads. Click on that link for the free download. If for some reason its not posted on the site if you send SASE to Pyle Audio 1600 63rd Street Brooklyn, NY 11204 we will mail it out to you free of charge.

what's funny is... i actually believed that the manual would be on the website... sure enough... "No Manual And Download Available" less than 100.00 for a touchscreen in dash player for my volks sounded too good to be true, I'll pass on pyle, thanks though, woot.

lvennard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lvennard
supportpyleaudio wrote:Pyle Audio does not charge for owners manuals, most are posted on www.pyleaudio.com If you search by model number it will take you to the individual item page, under the item chart you will see a section where it says manuals & downloads. Click on that link for the free download. If for some reason its not posted on the site if you send SASE to Pyle Audio 1600 63rd Street Brooklyn, NY 11204 we will mail it out to you free of charge.

I stand corrected. I went to the website, searched for "PLD40MU", clicked on the item, clicked on Manuals and Downloads, noticed the "Buy Online" link and ran from the page. Instead, it is just a poorly placed link to purchase the whole product. My mistake. That being said, I will probably not get the manual in time to find out if it would work with my steering wheel controls before the end of the sale, if i used the self addressed envelope.

edit: its nice that this feature is availible though.

KingLouie951

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KingLouie951

I'd personally avoid buying Pyle brand anything at this point. I made the mistake of getting their Waterproof 4GB Recorder when it was here last month.
There wasn't a whole lot to it other than it never recorded anything even remotely close to video. More like a stuttering slide show. 8 - 10 frames per second at BEST. There's a time/date stamp on the video that can't be removed or even corrected to the right time/date. And when I tried contacting Pyle for customer service, at their email address someone listed above, I never heard back from them.
I finally gave up and just contacted Woot to return this shoddy camera.
Hopefully I'll be getting a refund soon.

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 1863650

The problems with Pyle are that the product manuals are not very thorough, and written in Engrish. They also din't reply to email at all. Consider support to be nonexistent.

Oh, and the waterproof video camera, which I purchased last time it came up, while it actually seems to work reasonably well, you can't change or disable the date/time stamp, which is forever stuck in 1983. It's a shame that there doesn't seem to be anything you can do about that, and that Pyle support is so useless, because otherwise, I don't think it would be that bad of a device.

dessndave

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dessndave
bigshtank wrote:My experience with Pyle was always that their products were poorly made and their speakers were just god awful. Granted, this was back in the 90s when I last bought their stuff, but after the first time, I never tried again. My advice, avoid them like the plague.

some of there stuff is decent.
but i totally agree with you on lots of it.
If the price is right it's worth it.

Dave & Dessa

skrutinizr

quality posts: 8 Private Messages skrutinizr
dessndave wrote:some of there stuff is decent.
but i totally agree with you on lots of it.
If the price is right it's worth it.

No, it's not ever worth it. None of their stuff is decent. Horrible stuff, I just don't understand why people want to try to convince themselves that somehow it will be different for THEM... this stuff is junk.

hufnagel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hufnagel

If you could provide a download link for the PLD40MU manual before the end of its sale here on woot I'd perhaps consider the unit. It would be a nice choice as a replacement in my jeep as i can use the screen as a backup/trailer camera without all the other extra hassles I currently have.

snowytear

quality posts: 1 Private Messages snowytear

Bought a Pyle car stereo about 5 years ago. I was rather disappointed with the quality. The AM radio, however, could hold its own with the best of 'em.

atlwxman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages atlwxman

I've got an iPad dock from Pyle. Works fine, but I get an error message when I use it saying that the device is not supported by iPad.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 539 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

atlwxman wrote:I've got an iPad dock from Pyle. Works fine, but I get an error message when I use it saying that the device is not supported by iPad.

Hi there. Did you purchase from us? I don't see where we have that in our sale.

FWIW, I see these have a 1 year warranty from Pyle. It's likely that yours does too. You might check and contact them for assistance.

◄••• Click • • • Or Click here •••► How to Play