craigthom

quality posts: 63 Private Messages craigthom
yemicculus wrote:What's the hikeing point of these deals if all the good stuff is sold out by the time I see any of them?

You could check earlier. They were up over seven hours before you posted this.

Or would you rather Woot contact you and only post deals when you are ready?

cbyrnside

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cbyrnside

My dad is a retired military pilot, and was pinching pennies long before it became fashionable.

That said, the only sunglasses I have ever seen him wear are Rayban. Some he was issued, some be bought himself. He wore them just about every day (he actually didn't wear them when flying much, the helmets have tinted visors built in).

I never really asked him why he liked them so well, but know him well enough to know that if he was willing to pay for them, they were a superior product, otherwise he would have bought cheapies at the five and dime.

lstaff

quality posts: 200 Private Messages lstaff
chezteladog wrote:My mom found a pair of black aviators on the ground in D.C. and I convinced her that aviators were not her style so mine were free. They're nice but the screws are always coming loose and they seem fragile with the thin wire. Stylish and effective but I wouldn't pay $85 for them.

My daughters optician puts some clear nail polish on the screws before they are screwed in, and this keeps them from loosening up for quite some time.

JosephFelice

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JosephFelice

they're all sold out so what's the discussion about anyway?

vwoom

quality posts: 2 Private Messages vwoom

Wouldn't you know it. Just when I kept checking the eve of every Woot night and slept early Thurs and missed this Ray Ban Woot...crap!

I was in for an RB 3025 Aviator hunt for so long with the orig G-15 XLT lens and this middle-of-the-road 55mm, slightly "oversized look" I think was the ticket. Though the lens color of the gold 3025 wasn't my cup of tea,...so I don't feel that bad I missed it, really.

Anyways, I got a pair from fellow Amazon affiliate Zappos last night (this my 2nd Aviator, my first was an amber photochromic glass lens from the '80s with the then "Made in USA" and glass etched "BL", by the original manufacturer Bausch & Lomb). I instead went for the smaller RB 3044 52mm (same size as my 1st pair), appropriate actually to my smaller face. $89 ($1 cheaper than Woot shipped), free overnight shipping & free returns (should I change my mind) for a YEAR...and comes with the lens I'm looking for, the G-15 XLT.

csmith79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages csmith79

Has anyone who ordered these received their glasses? I have been tracking these for over a week with no updates. Supposedly they were shipped on July 30th but fedex said they were never picked up. Just curious if anyone else is having this issue...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

csmith79 wrote:Has anyone who ordered these received their glasses? I have been tracking these for over a week with no updates. Supposedly they were shipped on July 30th but fedex said they were never picked up. Just curious if anyone else is having this issue...

Hi there. Sounds like the electronic info was sent to FedEx to tell them a shipment is coming. It'll up date within a day or two of the actual pick-up.

You can email service@woot.com for more precise info on the shipping if it's available.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

unlikely

quality posts: 2 Private Messages unlikely

Yeah mine are showing "Anticipated ship date" of July 30, but here we are a week later and no updates at all.

What's the deal, Woot?

Have any of these actually shipped?

jeichenauer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeichenauer

This is insane.

Ordered these glasses on 7/26/12. Card got charged on 7/26/12. Order got "processed" on 7/30/12. Glasses still have not be sent. Just shows in the intiated stage which means that they sent the shipping information to FedEx but it has not been recieved by FedEx.

Are these glasses ever going to be sent or what? service@woot.com has been no help at all.

jeichenauer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeichenauer
jeichenauer wrote:This is insane.

Ordered these glasses on 7/26/12. Card got charged on 7/26/12. Order got "processed" on 7/30/12. Glasses still have not be sent. Just shows in the intiated stage which means that they sent the shipping information to FedEx but it has not been recieved by FedEx.

Are these glasses ever going to be sent or what? service@woot.com has been no help at all.

Just got an email stating that it has shipped and will arrive August 14th. One day under 3 weeks to get my sunglasses. Probably be the last thing I ever buy from Woot.

ckart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ckart

Finally on their way! I admit, I was a bit upset about the time on these as well, but I don't think it's any reason to boycott Woot.

jrhu92

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrhu92

This is the first time i bought from woot, and I was honestly thinking I got scammed out of my money when the customer service didn't reply back to my first email and they weren't shipping my order. Anyways, the order has shipped, and the only thing that could make this experience worse is if I get the wrong pair of glasses! The only time I'll ever buy from woot again is if I have time to sit and wait..

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jrhu92 wrote:This is the first time i bought from woot, and I was honestly thinking I got scammed out of my money when the customer service didn't reply back to my first email and they weren't shipping my order. Anyways, the order has shipped, and the only thing that could make this experience worse is if I get the wrong pair of glasses! The only time I'll ever buy from woot again is if I have time to sit and wait..

It can take up to 5 business days (not including the day of the sale) to process and ship items. If the item ships via SmartPost, it can be a bit pokey at arriving as FedEx delivers the item to your post office which then delivers it to you.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ckart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ckart

I gotted mines! I are happeh. :3

mailgoddess

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mailgoddess

I love my new Ray-Bans. It was a bit of a wait, but they wook mahvelous.