4%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Hisense 40" 1080p LCD HDTV
$249.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

TheBoMan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages TheBoMan

This deal makes

Nosense

and from me

Nocents

LogSpoon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LogSpoon

A lot of very large, very cheap TVs lately... I guess WOOT! is ushering in the new era of LED SmartTVs with some really good deals! I got the Sanyo 42" a couple weeks ago, and it's great, and here's another great deal!

This TV seems to have good reviews for the price on multiple websites!

StarBob

quality posts: 14 Private Messages StarBob

I said when a 42" TV hits $250 I'd buy it... this is so close and so tempting...

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Here is a video Review from TRYtoHELPyou on youtube.

Pretty much goes over all the features, He seems pretty happy with everything. I'll finish listening to this and let you know any Cons he talks about.

akg8800

quality posts: 2 Private Messages akg8800

I have the 42'' version of this and have had it for about 6 months for use in our bedroom and it has been great- no issues at all. Purchased at Walmart and I was originally reluctant because I had never heard of the brand but they had all the TVS on display in the store of all the different brands- including the big name most popular ones- and this one simply had the best picture. It was also one of the lowest priced in comparisons but sometimes you dont get what you pay for sometimes you just pay for the name. I think I paid $425 for new with tax.

mhcaillesrn

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mhcaillesrn

REVIEW: $350 40 inch tv from frys
Brand New was sold at fry's on May 2011

"I won't get this for a refurb price.." There must be a reason why the original owners of such TV gave up their units to have it as a refurb. If this was a good deal for $350 on 40" why return it to the manufacturer? I will think twice, trice.. If the item was about about a year, price should be lower, if an item was a refurb more lower.. I won't be risking my money! Just saying..

Visit Video

mjs1980

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjs1980
CowboyDann wrote:

Pretty much goes over all the features, He seems pretty happy with everything. I'll finish listening to this and let you know any Cons he talks about.

Only 2 HDMI ports? That's not going to work. If you have a blu-ray player and satellite, there's no room for a game system.

Edit: Turns out there are 3 HDMI ports. Still, seems like any good tv should have at least 4.

awnree1

quality posts: 9 Private Messages awnree1

I have never heard of this brand, so I went here and found this:

Hisense is a multinational Chinese company that manufactures electronic products. Their line of HDTVs is not commonly found in the United States; their market presence is mainly throughout Asia.

Hmmm....

twitter is the dumbest F%#$ing thing that ever happened to the internet.

mm20

quality posts: 34 Private Messages mm20

Oh, wow it's... another TV.

Woot, I am disappoint.

/but if you're in the market for one, this is a killer deal

The 12 days of crap was just that- crap.

It's funny how when Woot! calls their stuff crap, it's ok, but when *YOU* call it crap, *poof* you get banned. Hypocrites.

rdemko33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rdemko33

I just bought the 42 inch Vizo on here a few days ago for $349.99. Still happy I bought the Vizio even after looking at this.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Hey woot your link to the user manual is broken. I tried to find a fixed one, but all I could get was this Remote Manual.

[MOD: Yeah, we couldn't get it to work so it's been removed.]

There seemed to be a lot of people on fixya having problems with it. So I figured it might come in helpful to someone.

Spiky

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Spiky
LogSpoon wrote:A lot of very large, very cheap TVs lately... I guess WOOT! is ushering in the new era of LED SmartTVs with some really good deals! I got the Sanyo 42" a couple weeks ago, and it's great, and here's another great deal!

This TV seems to have good reviews for the price on multiple websites!

Very large? I won't tell you what I'm looking at, your brain might explode.

Mattroid

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Mattroid

This looks very familiar (the inputs and the remote especially). Is this one of those that gets rebranded? I thought I'd seen this as an RCA or something before.

rubydoob

quality posts: 7 Private Messages rubydoob

I got a 42 inch Hisense from Costco last month and love it!! For the price it is amazing. Great picture and adequate sound. If you want a really fine Tv and don't have unlimited funds.... this is a super deal.

mrhapplezzz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrhapplezzz

Wigwams!

anago

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anago

REALLY!!! After the wootoff we just had they have the nerve to offer another TV?!?!?

I’m addicted to placebos. I could quit, but it wouldn’t matter. -- Steven Wright

sarahlav

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sarahlav

Got to sleep on it. TV if you still here at noonish when I roll out of bed, you will be mine, all mine!

MichXelle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages MichXelle
CowboyDann wrote:

. Very helpful, thanks a lot!,

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

Puglouie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Puglouie

I hope this isn't the dumbest question ever but can you use this thing as a monitor for a Mac?

LogSpoon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LogSpoon
Spiky wrote:Very large? I won't tell you what I'm looking at, your brain might explode.

I upgraded from a 26" CRT Sharp TV... Gotta start somewhere!

kmartind

quality posts: 38 Private Messages kmartind
sarahlav wrote:Got to sleep on it. TV if you still here at noonish when I roll out of bed, you will be mine, all mine!

I'll never understand that philosophy. I guess I can see the wisdom of "look before you leap," but in the case of one day limited-quantity offers, waiting until morning/noon tends to make one less likely to actually buy an item if it's a great deal (because it will have sold out), and more likely to buy it if it's not a very good deal (and is therefore unpopular so still available).

On the other hand, if one is tempted, but looking for an excuse to avoid buying it, then waiting until it's "sold out" could work fine for that purpose. It's just not very effective if the item ends up still being there when you check back.

Achi||es

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Achi||es
Puglouie wrote:I hope this isn't the dumbest question ever but can you use this thing as a monitor for a Mac?

If your Mac has HDMI out, sure. If it has DVI or Displayport or mini Displayport or whatever the hell else proprietary Apple port they've made up, you'll need to get an adapter from that to HDMI.

chadwsmith

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chadwsmith
Puglouie wrote:I hope this isn't the dumbest question ever but can you use this thing as a monitor for a Mac?

Yes. You will need an adapter for whatever video connection your particular computer has (Mini-DisplayPort / Thunderbolt / Mini-DVI / DVI / Displayport / etc.) - But whatever adapter you need - you can find one to turn it into an HDMI cable for less than $10 on Amazon - probably less than $5 if you shop around.

Read my blog or, you know, don't. It's up to you.

jimtpat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jimtpat

Why in this day and age would they even make such a big flat screen black-and-white???

kidding...not a great sales photo.

chadwsmith

kmartind wrote:I'll never understand that philosophy.

It's just a stall tactic - one basically used to give oneself time to see if one really wants it or if one is just taken by the glitz and glamor that is Woot!.

That said, your thought process about the flaw in the reasoning has a flaw itself. It will not necessarily sell out more quickly if it is a good deal and less quickly if it is a bad deal. It /will/ sell out more quickly if people THINK it is a good deal, and less quickly if people THINK it is a bad deal. In any case, other people's opinions of the quality of a deal shouldn't matter nearly as much as your own assessment. If you think the TV is worth $500 and they are selling it for $250 - then it's a great deal. If you think it's worth $300 - then it's a deal. If $250 - it's worth it. If $200 - then it's not.

It's all a matter of perspective.

Also - the speed at which it sells out also has a great deal more to do with how many Woot! actually has than anything else. It could be the best deal in the world, and if they have 7 billion of them, they aren't very likely to sell out - ever. If it's a crappy deal, and they have 3 of them, then it will probably sell out quickly.

Another thing with the delaying the impulse buy is it takes at least part of the decision out of your hands. It's like you are leaving it up to God or fate or chance or the universe or the Force or whatever. That way you can say something like "I guess I wasn't meant to buy it." or "I guess I was meant to have it."

marcinhosss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marcinhosss

does anyone know if i can return it?? thanks

ChillN666

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ChillN666

Can I use this as a computer monitor? Will it burn my corneas/pupils/lens???

ChillN666

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ChillN666
kmartind wrote:I'll never understand that philosophy. I guess I can see the wisdom of "look before you leap," but in the case of one day limited-quantity offers, waiting until morning/noon tends to make one less likely to actually buy an item if it's a great deal (because it will have sold out), and more likely to buy it if it's not a very good deal (and is therefore unpopular so still available).

On the other hand, if one is tempted, but looking for an excuse to avoid buying it, then waiting until it's "sold out" could work fine for that purpose. It's just not very effective if the item ends up still being there when you check back.

You may be right. I'll have to sleep on it and let you know tomorrow...

worldwidewebfeet

quality posts: 33 Private Messages worldwidewebfeet
marcinhosss wrote:does anyone know if i can return it?? thanks

From the Woot FAQ's.....

How do I return a defective product?Unless we specifically tell you not to, call the manufacturer of the product you bought. You will likely get a replacement of a new model or better item from them. If we still haven't dissuaded you, email rma@woot.com with your woot order number, the name of the product you are returning, and the detailed problem with the item. We will respond with return authorization by the next business day. Because we aren't likely to have a replacement in stock, you should be prepared for a refund-only option if that's all we can do. Know that return freight will be at your expense. Again, you will probably get a better deal from the manufacturer, or whoever else handling member service for that product.

--------------
If you just don't like it, NO. That's why you buy things at local B&M stores.

VooDooPC

quality posts: 0 Private Messages VooDooPC

Does this TV really exist? Looking up the part number on Google all I get are deal sites linking back to woot.

thericochet

quality posts: 24 Private Messages thericochet
StarBob wrote:I said when a 42" TV hits $250 I'd buy it... this is so close and so tempting...

I remember when you said that.

chadwsmith

I bought a 40" Apex a couple of Christmases ago that is strikingly similiar to this - even with an identical remote control (except it says "Apex" and not "Hisense" on it). So I get the impression that Hisense may be a rebranded TV - or that other companies (like Apex) rebrand Hisense TVs....

That said, I spent $399 on my TV at the time, and I love it and it was a good deal.

This TV actually has better specs than mine (higher contrast ratio, wider viewing angle, slightly higher brightness, etc.) - so at $254 (with shipping) it's a CRAZY good deal.

Also, I had to pay taxes.

thericochet

quality posts: 24 Private Messages thericochet
VooDooPC wrote:Does this TV really exist? Looking up the part number on Google all I get are deal sites linking back to woot.

This is woot's final 'deal' before they and Amazon close shop and get out of town so they can take your $249 + $5. Sucker!

Tehsuperking

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tehsuperking
chadwsmith wrote:It's just a stall tactic - one basically used to give oneself time to see if one really wants it or if one is just taken by the glitz and glamor that is Woot!.

That said, your thought process about the flaw in the reasoning has a flaw itself. It will not necessarily sell out more quickly if it is a good deal and less quickly if it is a bad deal. It /will/ sell out more quickly if people THINK it is a good deal, and less quickly if people THINK it is a bad deal. In any case, other people's opinions of the quality of a deal shouldn't matter nearly as much as your own assessment. If you think the TV is worth $500 and they are selling it for $250 - then it's a great deal. If you think it's worth $300 - then it's a deal. If $250 - it's worth it. If $200 - then it's not.

It's all a matter of perspective.

Also - the speed at which it sells out also has a great deal more to do with how many Woot! actually has than anything else. It could be the best deal in the world, and if they have 7 billion of them, they aren't very likely to sell out - ever. If it's a crappy deal, and they have 3 of them, then it will probably sell out quickly.

Another thing with the delaying the impulse buy is it takes at least part of the decision out of your hands. It's like you are leaving it up to God or fate or chance or the universe or the Force or whatever. That way you can say something like "I guess I wasn't meant to buy it." or "I guess I was meant to have it."

The Force influences all of my purchase decisions.

danbfree

quality posts: 3 Private Messages danbfree

This is actually a very popular brand outside the U.S., especially Australia, they even have a stadium there named after them. Costco sold a 42" LED, new, recently for $349 and it got rave reviews. Someone else mentioned that this may be a rebranded "Apex", it's probably the othe way around. Honestly, if Costco sold this and it got rave reviews and it's a huge brand in Australia with a stadium named after them... then it's probably a decent refurb. I am going to try to grab one of these myself for the bedroom.

badhabit12

quality posts: 14 Private Messages badhabit12

Bought one for my daughter. At these prices why not. We have reached the point that its cheaper to just trash a broken flat screen TV then to haul it to a repair center.

I can see the future and it has large "VERY" low priced flat screen TV's. 2 years from now it will be a 65 inch for $250.00.

badhabit12

quality posts: 14 Private Messages badhabit12
ChillN666 wrote:Can I use this as a computer monitor? Will it burn my corneas/pupils/lens???

Yes it will. It will also read your mind and shoot lazer beams at your cat and dog. On the up side it will iron your cloths and do windows. So its a sort of give and take thing.

mkdr

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mkdr

whew! glad I didn't get the last TV I was thinking about. This is perfect for my Dad's rental house. Anyone noticing a trend here - my Dad has all the fun things (boat, house in the mountains), and I get all the fun toys for it?

forever fighting the urge to buy something just because it is cheap and cool...wait, it's cheap and cool, let me click that big yellow button!