Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Went to the RV show in Dallas. It was actually quite fun. Our legs are tired walking up into about 200 of those suckers. We decided we like the $760K one,except for the slippery marble floors.

In the end only kindness matters

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:Went to the RV show in Dallas. It was actually quite fun. Our legs are tired walking up into about 200 ofthose suckers. We decided we like the $760K one,except for the slippery marble floors.

Replace it with slate.

We went to an open house on a brand new house once. As big as you can build on the lot.
They put marble floors with heat under them.
I couldn't help be wonder how you don't slip every time you step on shiny marble?

We learned our lesson with a smooth tile in the downstairs bathroom. Not shiny, just smooth. Slippery as all heck when it is wet.
Upstairs bathroom has a slightly gritty tile on the floor.

At $760 grand, what is $5 or $10 more to replace the floor.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 583 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Oooh, I love the RV shows. Where is it?

Best vacation we took with boy was when we rented an RV to go from WA to WI and back.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Their kids never eat as much as they say they will. Gotta say it's hard to take this kid seriously when he snorts while crying.

Bottles are easy. 3 scoops and shake.

Took me 3 times to get the swaddle thing right bug he's bandaged up tightly now and sleeping.

What???? You aren't holding him????

There is nothing better in the world than holding a sleeping infant!!!

I need a rent a baby.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:What???? You aren't holding him????

I need a rent a baby.

You need to go volunteer at the nearest hospital with a maternity ward. They need people to rock babies.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

pooflady

Iceback wrote:Went to the RV show in Dallas. It was actually quite fun. Our legs are tired walking up into about 200 of those suckers. We decided we like the $760K one,except for the slippery marble floors.

And they scratch really easy, too.

Iceback

dontwantaname wrote:Replace it with slate.

We went to an open house on a brand new house once. As big as you can build on the lot.
They put marble floors with heat under them.
I couldn't help be wonder how you don't slip every time you step on shiny marble?

We learned our lesson with a smooth tile in the downstairs bathroom. Not shiny, just smooth. Slippery as all heck when it is wet.
Upstairs bathroom has a slightly gritty tile on the floor.

At $760 grand, what is $5 or $10 more to replace the floor.

We didn't ask but for that price I'm sure they'd put whatever you wanted on the floor. I believe they are all custom built to your specs. We did see a few in the 200 to 400 range with sold signs on them. We were walking through one @ around 300K and the couple in there were talking like they were going to buy it.

Our price point would be much,much,much lower but there were some we could live with if we were in the market. We would really be looking for a mobile hotel room not a home. If we went used it would even be less expensive. Many people we talked to there were trading up to a larger unit after having the one they had for a couple of years. We would not concider one for another 10 yrs or so when we would have the time to enjoy it and by then we wouldn't realistically be able to traipse around the country for too many years.

Iceback

ThunderThighs wrote:Oooh, I love the RV shows. Where is it?

Best vacation we took with boy was when we rented an RV to go from WA to WI and back.

Dallas Market Hall on Stemmons Fwy by Children's Medical
here's the link

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:We didn't ask but for that price I'm sure they'd put whatever you wanted on the floor. I believe they are all custom built to your specs. We did see a few in the 200 to 400 range with sold signs on them. We were walking through one @ around 300K and the couple in there were talking like they were going to buy it.

Our price point would be much,much,much lower but there were some we could live with if we were in the market. We would really be looking for a mobile hotel room not a home. If we went used it would even be less expensive. Many people we talked to there were trading up to a larger unit after having the one they had for a couple of years. We would not concider one for another 10 yrs or so when we would have the time to enjoy it and by then we wouldn't realistically be able to traipse around the country for too many years.

Heck, then you need what we did when we were first married, heck, it started when we were dating.
We got a two man backpacker tent. Two close cell pads and two zip together sleeping bags. Also a one burner stove.

We weren't camping. We just realized we didn't want to stay in any motel we could afford.
Plus, when hubby first started working he got time off for overtime. So we had 4 to 6 weeks and went away for most of it.
Maine to Key West to New Orleans, to once, the edge of TX to visit cousins.
( I was part time, so I could take off too, plus, if you both work, especially in the city with the 2 1/2 to 4 hour commute according to the season, You spend your whole weekend shopping and doing laundry and dull stuff like that. So someone had to work 4 days)

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Iceback

dontwantaname wrote:Heck, then you need what we did when we were first married, heck, it started when we were dating.
We got a two man backpacker tent. Two close cell pads and two zip together sleeping bags. Also a one burner stove.

We weren't camping. We just realized we didn't want to stay in any motel we could afford.
Plus, when hubby first started working he got time off for overtime. So we had 4 to 6 weeks and went away for most of it.
Maine to Key West to New Orleans, to once, the edge of TX to visit cousins.
( I was part time, so I could take off too, plus, if you both work, especially in the city with the 2 1/2 to 4 hour commute according to the season, You spend your whole weekend shopping and doing laundry and dull stuff like that. So someone had to work 4 days)

LOL, you don't know Mrs Ice very well, her idea of "roughing it" is no room service. She has never camped in her life. I tented all my life.

The first thing she would ask about in the rv was does it have a bathroom with a toilet and shower?A/C and heat was a must too.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:LOL, you don't know Mrs Ice very well, her idea of "roughing it" is no room service. She has never camped in her life.

When my nephew went to the Marshall Islands, his parents went to visit.
The mother was horrified and wouldn't go back! The father got a group of his fishing friends and they went back.

The best hotel there was more like a roadside motel here. The mom couldn't take it!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:LOL, you don't know Mrs Ice very well, her idea of "roughing it" is no room service. She has never camped in her life. I tented all my life.

The first thing she would ask about in the rv was does it have a bathroom with a toilet and shower?

Campgrounds had nice toilets and showers!
We only did rough camping for about a week total.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:What???? You aren't holding him????

I need a rent a baby.

Holding him now. eat a little. snooze. put him down. wakes up 5 mins later. eat more. repeat

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Iceback

dontwantaname wrote:Campgrounds had nice toilets and showers!
We only did rough camping for about a week total.

I really don't think she would enjoy having to walk several 100 yards to use a public restroom in the middle of the night, let alone using a public shower.I know this because she has told me in no uncertain terms this is the case...
I used to bath in whatever lake or river I was camped beside and crap with the bears when I camped. If I was it cold I would heat rocks in the fire and throw them in my sleeping bag, if I was hot I would jump in the lake.
But even I'm too old to sleep on the ground anymore. I get crippled on my tempurpedic.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Iceback wrote:LOL, you don't know Mrs Ice very well, her idea of "roughing it" is no room service. She has never camped in her life. I tented all my life.

The first thing she would ask about in the rv was does it have a bathroom with a toilet and shower?A/C and heat was a must too.

Yeah, I didn't dig the tent camping. Did it a few times but I brought so many blankets and pads, it was like Princess & the Pea sleeping.

I'm with Mrs. Ice.

Ex was in charge of the sewage hookups. I refused to do that. We rented a nice 19' C-class - the kind with the bed over the drivers cab. That was son's bed and hide-away. He loved that it had curtains.

FORUM MODERATOR

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I give up. My touch pad is acting up. See you tomorrow.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Didn't get the bills paid. But there's always tomorrow. Mail won't go out until Monday anyway.

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! Hope you are all having a great weekend. Hubby and I have been buying stuff for daughter and the unborn granddaughter.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
joyner wrote:Good morning everybody! Hope you are all having a great weekend. Hubby and I have been buying stuff for daughter and the unborn granddaughter.

Mornin', j'ner; folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Iceback

Good morning Joyner, Gman and late risers

pooflady

joyner wrote:Good morning everybody! Hope you are all having a great weekend. Hubby and I have been buying stuff for daughter and the unborn granddaughter.

Looks like today's not the day she's going to check either.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

good morning, y'all.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
pooflady wrote:Looks like today's not the day she's going to check either.

back at ya! I like cookies!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

joyner wrote:back at ya! I like cookies!

Good almost afternoon.

There are cookies?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Good almost afternoon.

There are cookies?

Lots, but you have to read the books. Remember, reading?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

F'in touch pad is working fine today.

I don't want to go on vacation with my old computer, or worse the ipad.

I wanna sit in the black dog coffee shop off Vineyard Haven Rd and play with my computer.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:F'in touch pad is working fine today.

I don't want to go on vacation with my old computer, or worse the ipad.

I wanna sit in the black dog coffee shop off Vineyard Haven Rd and play with my computer.

So go buy a new laptop.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:So go buy a new laptop.

This one is too new.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:This one is too new.

You just said "my 'old' computer."

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Lots, but you have to read the books. Remember, reading?

I don't know what happened to reading.
As I have mentioned once or twice, I had the highest reading score in the school in 7th and 8th grade. 150 kids in the grade. OK, only about 10 of them were smart, but i beat them too!
I was reading my way through the children's library.
Read in high school.

Got to college. Learned to skim. Can't read a book anymore.

Still buy them. Just don't read them.

Now, what has books got to do with cookies?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:You just said "my 'old' computer."

I would have to bring my old computer on vacation if this one is broken.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
dontwantaname wrote:This one is too new.

buy a 'netbook'. that way, you can act like it's something different. or better yet, because it's way more expensive, and even more feature-loaded, buy an 'ultrabook'. wish I had one.

edit: and light too.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:I don't know what happened to reading.
As I have mentioned once or twice, I had the highest reading score in the school in 7th and 8th grade. 150 kids in the grade. OK, only about 10 of them were smart, but i beat them too!
I was reading my way through the children's library.
Read in high school.

Got to college. Learned to skim. Can't read a book anymore.

Still buy them. Just don't read them.

Now, what has books got to do with cookies?

The books I was telling Joyner about have lots of cookies in them. Not cookbooks.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:buy a 'netbook'. that way, you can act like it's something different. or better yet, because it's way more expensive, and even more feature-loaded, buy an 'ultrabook'. wish I had one.

edit: and light too.

Where are you going that you need lighter than a laptop?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:The books I was telling Joyner about have lots of cookies in them. Not cookbooks.

Now you are responsible for the cookies I am about to eat!
If I gain weight it is your fault!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Hubby informed me I can google the touch pad and find out how to reset it after I screw it up cleaning it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Now you are responsible for the cookies I am about to eat!
If I gain weight it is your fault!

Okie-doke.

pooflady

Just read something in a book that I'd completely forgotten about. Button light switches. They were in my grandmother's house. Two small round cylinders. You pushed the top one in to turn the lights on, pushed the bottom one in to turn the lights off.

pooflady

Killed the thread. So sorry.