KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:Killed the thread. So sorry.

I just caught up. Supposed to be writing the volunteer forms for school since they need to go out this week. Luckily I have last years form to work from. Just need to take off events we aren't doing this year and change dates, then re-format it so it looks good and add a couple new things.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Afternoon, readers and used to be a reader.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
AZGman wrote:Afternoon, readers and used to be a reader.

Hello. Here off and on. Cleaning out the cleaning supplies cupboard. You know, where you buy things that are going to make cleaning easier, and sometimes they work (like Magic Erasers) and sometimes they don't (like those Sonic things).

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Hello. Here off and on. Cleaning out the cleaning supplies cupboard. You know, where you buy things that are going to make cleaning easier, and sometimes they work (like Magic Erasers) and sometimes they don't (like those Sonic things).

I'm trying to get Orc to get on board with just making stuff and then on deep clean day going and getting whatever it is we need for that particular project. I just don't have room for all the bottles! Plus with the kids helping more I feel better about them using vinegar and baking soda.

KtCallista

AZGman wrote:Afternoon, readers and used to be a reader.

Hmmm I'm really not sure which category I'm in. Sometimes I read, and read a lot, and then sometimes months pass and I barely read a thing or not at all.

pooflady

Three bottles of 409 (one the two quart size) and I don't even use 409 anymore.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
pooflady wrote:Three bottles of 409 (one the two quart size) and I don't even use 409 anymore.

STOP!
It's not for drinking.

pooflady

Josephus wrote:STOP!
It's not for drinking.

Oh. Maybe that's why the bubbles are coming out of my nose?

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Three bottles of 409 (one the two quart size) and I don't even use 409 anymore.

I've got a bunch on a shelf too, same issue.

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:I've got a bunch on a shelf too, same issue.

Had three bottles of Scrub Free. Combined two of them. It will be 25 years before I use this up.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Had three bottles of Scrub Free. Combined two of them. It will be 25 years before I use this up.

That's tub stuff right? That I think I'm out of.

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:That's tub stuff right? That I think I'm out of.

Yeah, tub and shower and even around sink drains.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Yeah, tub and shower and even around sink drains.

I've had the kids cleaning with baking soda and vinegar, then if it's bad either toilet cleaner or dishwasher soap can get that. My cousin uses salt and half a grapefruit (scrub with the grapefruit). So far my system seems to work ok, not sure about cousin's I don't think I've ever been to her house.

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
pooflady wrote:Just read something in a book that I'd completely forgotten about. Button light switches. They were in my grandmother's house. Two small round cylinders. You pushed the top one in to turn the lights on, pushed the bottom one in to turn the lights off.

We had those in a house we lived in while in Colfax Washington. Beats having just pull cords like this house was when I first moved here.

KtCallista

jawsuser wrote:We had those in a house we lived in while in Colfax Washington. Beats having just pull cords like this house was when I first moved here.

My Dad was born in Colfax, my cousin still lives there. I'm trying to think any of the houses they've had or my Uncle (who lives on a farm in a small town with only a grain silo for a landmark) have them, hmmmm.

jawsuser

KtCallista wrote:My Dad was born in Colfax, my cousin still lives there. I'm trying to think any of the houses they've had or my Uncle (who lives on a farm in a small town with only a grain silo for a landmark) have them, hmmmm.

If your cousin still lives there he would probably know the house. It was an old farm house on the road to Palouse. It was the first house after the big S curve out of town. Had an enormous barn, about three stories tall. It was a really old house when we lived there. The wiring was so old that if one ran the dish washer and either washer or dryer the fuses would actually turn to dust. We used pliers to remove the parts of the fuse. Ah the joys of old houses.

KtCallista

jawsuser wrote:If your cousin still lives there he would probably know the house. It was an old farm house on the road to Palouse. It was the first house after the big S curve out of town. Had an enormous barn, about three stories tall. It was a really old house when we lived there. The wiring was so old that if one ran the dish washer and either washer or dryer the fuses would actually turn to dust. We used pliers to remove the parts of the fuse. Ah the joys of old houses.

I've probably driven by. Before my oldest was born my sister and I went to a wedding in Palouse (which I think is the prettiest town in the area) and then drove that way to visit our cousin. Houses in that area are either brand new, beat up rentals, or ancient, it kinda sucks.

jawsuser

KtCallista wrote:I've probably driven by. Before my oldest was born my sister and I went to a wedding in Palouse (which I think is the prettiest town in the area) and then drove that way to visit our cousin. Houses in that area are either brand new, beat up rentals, or ancient, it kinda sucks.

So true. In all that area it seems the same.

KtCallista

jawsuser wrote:So true. In all that area it seems the same.

PM by the way

jawsuser

KtCallista wrote:PM by the way

Thanks for the PM it would be funny if we had met some time.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

tonight my 7 yr old asked how old my dad was "88" I said. "Then he must have been a soldier in the civil war!"

jawsuser

Josephus wrote:tonight my 7 yr old asked how old my dad was "88" I said. "Then he must have been a soldier in the civil war!"

ROTFL thanks I needed that! Your dad is only four years older than mine.

KtCallista

Josephus wrote:tonight my 7 yr old asked how old my dad was "88" I said. "Then he must have been a soldier in the civil war!"

Wow how considerate! I've got friends my age, whose kids have asked them what it was like to live through the revolutionary war....

jawsuser

KtCallista wrote:Wow how considerate! I've got friends my age, whose kids have asked them what it was like to live through the revolutionary war....

They must be really young kids. I doubt you are anywhere near 88.

KtCallista

jawsuser wrote:They must be really young kids. I doubt you are anywhere near 88.

I'm not, my dad is the same age as dname.

Mostly Kindergarten and first graders, so just a little younger than Joe's.

jawsuser

KtCallista wrote:I'm not, my dad is the same age as dname.

Mostly Kindergarten and first graders, so just a little younger than Joe's.

I'm not sure how old dname is. Maybe the kids are studying the revolutionary war in school?

KtCallista

jawsuser wrote:I'm not sure how old dname is. Maybe the kids are studying the revolutionary war in school?

Usually, or an older kid mentions it to them.

I think I am the youngest, regular posting, non-staff Post Whore. Cruzer, FenStar and J3 are younger than me, but they don't post very often anymore.

jawsuser

KtCallista wrote:Usually, or an older kid mentions it to them.

I think I am the youngest, regular posting, non-staff Post Whore. Cruzer, FenStar and J3 are younger than me, but they don't post very often anymore.

This may sound weird, but if your kids are kindergarden and first I'm probably close to your mom's age.

KtCallista

jawsuser wrote:This may sound weird, but if your kids are kindergarden and first I'm probably close to your mom's age.

Ver1 is in second grade
Ver2 is the kindergartener
Ver3 is 2 and a half.

You probably are closer to my parent's age. That obviously doesn't bother me.

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:Ver1 is in second grade
Ver2 is the kindergartener
Ver3 is 2 and a half.

You probably are closer to my parent's age. That obviously doesn't bother me.

And I'm second oldest. Klozit's older than I am.

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
pooflady wrote:Just read something in a book that I'd completely forgotten about. Button light switches. They were in my grandmother's house. Two small round cylinders. You pushed the top one in to turn the lights on, pushed the bottom one in to turn the lights off.

those type switches were in my grandmother's house. good morning everybody!

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning all.

In the end only kindness matters

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Morning all. Hope your Monday is tolerable.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Morning all. Hope your Monday is tolerable.

Go to sleep!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Night all. Tomorrow.

Wake up!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

jawsuser wrote:I'm not sure how old dname is. Maybe the kids are studying the revolutionary war in school?

58 but you did't hear it here.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Go to sleep!

I'm sipping a nice glass of wine to settle me down.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:I'm sipping a nice glass of wine to settle me down.

Why are you unsettled?

Morning all (barely).