pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
no1 wrote:are you running windows xp or 7? usually when a legit program installs, it installs a folder on your start button somewhere, and in that folder, there's often an "uninstall" option.

failing that, there is the control panel, where you can uninstall programs.

D'uh. Kept looking at that column but didn't read the last item "all programs." Jeez. Thanks 1.

Edit: That was shopathome.com and things seem much faster now.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Afternoon, folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Okay.

See ya in the mornin', I'back and j'ner.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady

Going to watch Jeopardy now. I expect someone to be here when I get back.

pooflady

Correction. No Jeopardy. Baseball. Blech!

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
pooflady wrote:Going to watch Jeopardy now. I expect someone to be here when I get back.

What are Post Whore Lurkers?

Edit: Joyner, congrats on you new bundle of joy. Wow, what a surprise that must have been. Glad it all worked out for mommy and baby.

Edit 2: Daj, sorry for your loss. He was as lucky to have you as you were him.

pooflady

lplady wrote:What are Post Whore Lurkers?

PWL

Edit: They're hard to find.

lplady

pooflady wrote:PWL

Edit: They're hard to find.

You need buttons like D'name has.
//looks back to check if she's still a mod//

pooflady

lplady wrote:You need buttons like D'name has.
//looks back to check if she's still a mod//

So what's new?

lplady

pooflady wrote:So what's new?

Doing some Christmas shopping. Just purchased a few weather stations, for stocking stuffers, at a decent price.

I'm determined to have all the shopping done by end of October. Doesn't mean it'll happen but...

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Correction. No Jeopardy. Baseball. Blech!

We have Jeopardy. Watching Wheel of Fortune right now.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

lplady wrote:Doing some Christmas shopping. Just purchased a few weather stations, for stocking stuffers, at a decent price.

I'm determined to have all the shopping done by end of October. Doesn't mean it'll happen but...

Ugh. Holidays.

Hubby must be rubbing off on me.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

lplady wrote:Doing some Christmas shopping. Just purchased a few weather stations, for stocking stuffers, at a decent price.

I have a bunch of little stuff, but probably not as much as I think I do. Don't have a lot of ideas yet.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Ugh. Holidays.

I like holidays. I hope I always do.

lplady

dontwantaname wrote:Ugh. Holidays.

I love looking at and smelling the tree. However, I can't stand putting it up and taking it down anymore.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

lplady wrote:I love looking at and smelling the tree. However, I can't stand putting it up and taking it down anymore.

I don't mind the tree.
We put out less stuff every year.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

lplady wrote:I love looking at and smelling the tree. However, I can't stand putting it up and taking it down anymore.

We finally got a prelit one in two parts. It's sitting in the basement covered in plastic. Just take it apart, bring both parts upstairs. Voila! Still have to put the ornaments on and I agree with you there. I try to get a bunch of work that has to be done and husband does it.

lplady

pooflady wrote:I have a bunch of little stuff, but probably not as much as I think I do. Don't have a lot of ideas yet.

Hence, why I jumped on the weather thingys.

Who doesn't want to know the weather?
Well, besides No1.

pooflady

lplady wrote:Hence, why I jumped on the weather thingys.

Who doesn't want to know the weather?
Well, besides No1.

Good idea.

It's odd, though, I don't mind doing the other decorating. Although I don't like trying to repack the boxes after Christmas. I have a new room to decorate this year!

lplady

pooflady wrote:Good idea.

It's odd, though, I don't mind doing the other decorating. Although I don't like trying to repack the boxes after Christmas. I have a new room to decorate this year!

$19 and free shipping, not bad.

Ugh, putting the ornaments away is almost as bad as lights that worked when put away no longer working the following year. What a pia.

Ooo, the new dining room. You buying all new stuff for that room or going to move some things from other rooms to fill in the extra space?

lplady

dontwantaname wrote:I don't mind the tree.
We put out less stuff every year.

We laugh because lots of times you can tell by looking at the outside of the home the age bracket of the residents inside. The more they decorated the younger the children usually.

pooflady

lplady wrote:$19 and free shipping, not bad.

Ugh, putting the ornaments away is almost as bad as lights that worked when put away no longer working the following year. What a pia.

Ooo, the new dining room. You buying all new stuff for that room or going to move some things from other rooms to fill in the extra space?

I think the tree's going in there. That way, we don't have to move any furniture in the living room. Other than that, the only new thing I've bought is http://www.ltdcommodities.com/For-the-Home/Decorative-Accents/Wall%2BArt/Holiday-Wall-Appliqu%E9s/prod320967.jmp?sorted=Y&navAction=push&fm=leftnav&categoryId=cat51851&navCount=0 which will go across what was the joist (I think) between what was the old dining room and what's the new dining room. Just made for it.

pooflady

lplady wrote:We laugh because lots of times you can tell by looking at the outside of the home the age bracket of the residents inside. The more they decorated the younger the children usually.

Exactly. The older you get, the more you start wondering why. I don't decorate for any of the other holidays except for a pumpkin at Halloween.

lplady

pooflady wrote:I think the tree's going in there. That way, we don't have to move any furniture in the living room. Other than that, the only new thing I've bought is http://www.ltdcommodities.com/For-the-Home/Decorative-Accents/Wall%2BArt/Holiday-Wall-Appliqu%E9s/prod320967.jmp?sorted=Y&navAction=push&fm=leftnav&categoryId=cat51851&navCount=0 which will go across what was the joist (I think) between what was the old dining room and what's the new dining room. Just made for it.

That's cute. Big plus not to have to move furniture every year.

Even though you don't decorate for Easter I'm pretty sure you make more eggs than 95% of us. lol

Edit: Have to go do something. Good night!

pooflady

lplady wrote:That's cute. Big plus not to have to move furniture every year.

Even though you don't decorate for Easter I'm pretty sure you make more eggs than 95% of us. lol

Edit: Have to go do something. Good night!

Nice talking to you. Good night.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Nice talking to you. Good night.

Feeling any better yet?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Feeling any better yet?

A little, not as much as I'd like or as much as I expected. One more antibiotic pill tomorrow. Maybe there'll be a miracle.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Daughter and Eliza will probably get to come home tomorrow. D'name weight isn't as much a concern as it once was.. Eating and breathing are biggies! The stopped her antibiotic yesterday. Took away her IV this morning and took out the port or whatever they call the needle in her poor head. She is spending the night in daughter's room. I can't imagine daughter waking her up to feed her but they want her to eat every 3 hours. I think I will stay until next weekend to make sure they have everything they need.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

joyner wrote:Daughter and Eliza will probably get to come home tomorrow. D'name weight isn't as much a concern as it once was.. Eating and breathing are biggies! The stopped her antibiotic yesterday. Took away her IV this morning and took out the port or whatever they call the needle in her poor head. She is spending the night in daughter's room. I can't imagine daughter waking her up to feed her but they want her to eat every 3 hours. I think I will stay until next weekend to make sure they have everything they need.

That is great!
I was wondering if my info was good. It wasn't.
Is she nursing or bottle feeding?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

joyner wrote:Daughter and Eliza will probably get to come home tomorrow. D'name weight isn't as much a concern as it once was.. Eating and breathing are biggies! The stopped her antibiotic yesterday. Took away her IV this morning and took out the port or whatever they call the needle in her poor head. She is spending the night in daughter's room. I can't imagine daughter waking her up to feed her but they want her to eat every 3 hours. I think I will stay until next weekend to make sure they have everything they need.

Good news.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Well I'm up and around and managed to walk today without running into stuff (do that when I'm dizzy/headachey). Even sorta trying to eat tonight.

Can we get more than one week next month with everyone well?

Joyner I'm so glad Mommy and daughter are doing well. Do we get a picture of the little princess?

I'm not sure what we are going to do for holidays. I don't really want to think about it. I have no idea what we are getting people either.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:Well I'm up and around and managed to walk today without running into stuff (do that when I'm dizzy/headachey). Even sorta trying to eat tonight.

Can we get more than one week next month with everyone well?

Joyner I'm so glad Mommy and daughter are doing well. Do we get a picture of the little princess?

I'm not sure what we are going to do for holidays. I don't really want to think about it. I have no idea what we are getting people either.

Shouldn't you have been exposed to every germ by now?

My daughter had a friend that was never out sick. The damn school district gives an award at graduation to anyone who never missed a day.
I can't tell you how many colds/flu/who knows what else..that girl spread around.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Shouldn't you have been exposed to every germ by now?

My daughter had a friend that was never out sick. The damn school district gives an award at graduation to anyone who never missed a day.
I can't tell you how many colds/flu/who knows what else..that girl spread around.

It's weird, but I don't think husband and I ever caught anything the kids had. Maybe a cold, but that's it.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:It's weird, but I don't think husband and I ever caught anything the kids had. Maybe a cold, but that's it.

Once we all got the flu at the same time.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Once we all got the flu at the same time.

Ewwwwww.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Ewwwwww.

The family thinks I'm nuts, but I have enough soup and theraflu and ever other type of drug you might need, in the house every winter.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:The family thinks I'm nuts, but I have enough soup and theraflu and ever other type of drug you might need, in the house every winter.

I agree with the soup. Campbell's chicken noodle is my go-to sick soup.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:I agree with the soup. Campbell's chicken noodle is my go-to sick soup.

My husband is a ramen guy. He gets sick and he makes ramen in chicken stock.

Personally, I'm good with jello and lots of beverages.

I was always out sick as a kid. My boss at fish and game called my Typhoid "my real name" because I got sick all the time. Seriously, when will my immune system get the memo that I've had everything already and to just kick it's butt already!

We had a valedictorian that got the perfect attendance award, he got me sick more than once. He'd come in with bags of tissue boxes.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

Hi everybody. Congrats Joyner on the new addition to your family! Last I typed "at" you, Poof, you had asked a question on coughing. I see it has been a virus - sorry. I need to go back and read what I missed.

KtCallista

klozitshoper wrote:Hi everybody. Congrats Joyner on the new addition to your family! Last I typed "at" you, Poof, you had asked a question on coughing. I see it has been a virus - sorry. I need to go back and read what I missed.

How are you doing? Enjoying the fall in the Northwest?