Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
ThunderThighs wrote:The pilot doesn't stay on either.

Good morning all. NE'sters, stay safe.

More than likely a bad thermal couple

In the end only kindness matters

Iceback

lplady wrote:Yes Ma'am, you're correct.

As of 5pm today we're under State of Emergency. Expecting possible flooding, loss of power, and the likes in our area. Far from ocean but local river and creeks can be an issue just as they were with Irene.

In the same boat as most people. Hoping for the best but as prepared as possible for the worst. My prayers sent out to all in the path of Sandy especially the NJ coastliners. Doesn't look so hot for them.

Oh and good morning!

Off to get some chores done. ttyl

Not like I'm going anywhere the next few days. lol

Good luck, stay safe to you as well as to all others in the path.

Iceback

pooflady wrote:Things I should be doing and aren't.

Christmas cards

Dig through three foot high pile in the corner of the bedroom and see what I have for Christmas.

Measure old drapes and try to figure out how I'm going to get a picture of them to put on Craigslist. And what to ask for them. They're custom made and cost $500 ten years ago. You think $50?

You can always ask...

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
Iceback wrote:Good luck, stay safe to you as all others in the path.

Thanks. Our area will probably just be a messy clean up at most. It's the other closer areas to landfall that might not be as lucky.

D'name, are you expecting flooding in your area?

lplady

Iceback wrote:You can always ask...

Not sure why but when she posted that...I got an image of the nun from Sound of Music buying the drapes and making clothes. lol

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 562 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Measure old drapes and try to figure out how I'm going to get a picture of them to put on Craigslist. And what to ask for them. They're custom made and cost $500 ten years ago. You think $50?

Depends on how bad you want to get rid of them and when they were last cleaned. New owners will need to clean if it's been a while.

Another idea is to talk to your high school theater dept to see if they want them for the material. They can use them for stage props & costumes. Then you can write off more than $50 on your taxes. I did that with my old wedding dress.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

lplady wrote:Not sure why but when she posted that...I got an image of the nun from Sound of Music buying the drapes and making clothes. lol

Or Carol Burnett in her parody of Gone with the Wind.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Things I should be doing and aren't.

Christmas cards

Dig through three foot high pile in the corner of the bedroom and see what I have for Christmas.

Measure old drapes and try to figure out how I'm going to get a picture of them to put on Craigslist. And what to ask for them. They're custom made and cost $500 ten years ago. You think $50?

Costco doesn't have the Christmas cards that I've been buying for years.
Oh well.

So far we are suppose to get rain, wind and storm surge.
I don't live near any water and we have had heavy rain and had no flooding.

Looks like right now they are talking about Joe, Skek and my Daughter getting the real storm.

The low lying areas have been evacuated.
This is when I'm glad we don't have my brother in law's house. He swares it it 10 feet high. Bull.

If we keep power, we are golden!
Well, except for making Rusty go out and poop in the heavy rain.

Oh for goodness sakes, the storm isn't even here and they are talking 7 to 10 days to get power back.

Best thing so far....subway and busses in nyc are shutting down tonight. The mayor said city workers should ome to work. How????

Oh, yeah, there are people who put their garbage out. W The F? Do they really think there will be garbage pickup?
Garbage out, not even in cans.
Well, it won't be in front of their house in the morning, so they don't care.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Oh, yeah, there are people who put their garbage out. W The F? Do they really think there will be garbage pickup?
Garbage out, not even in cans.
Well, it won't be in front of their house in the morning, so they don't care.

They probably figure the trash will be gone one way or another - pick up or winds - so no worries.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AAAARRRRRR Hubby is carrying the AC's into the attic.

What the heck is wrong with him???? We have shelves in the basement. They are full of stuff the kids came back from college with. Useless stuff that should be thrown away. Or put in that storage unit we are renting that is half empty and costing almost what we paid for our apt when we were newly married.

Why carry heavy stuff up the pull down ladder???? It is really narrow too. Why not put it in the basement. With normal stairs.

Why???

Because that would be logical. Why be logical?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Last one, I swear....

You can watch news 12 if you lose power, on your computer.
The computer that runs off a router that runs off electricity.
I see a flaw in this plan!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:They probably figure the trash will be gone one way or another - pick up or winds - so no worries.

It will be. So they are right.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Afternoon, evenin', g'night.

whatever.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Afternoon, evenin', g'night.

whatever.

Do you have work tomorrow?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Iceback

dontwantaname wrote:Last one, I swear....

You can watch news 12 if you lose power, on your computer.
The computer that runs off a router that runs off electricity.
I see a flaw in this plan!

lol. well some people are able to use their phones as an internet hotspot.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:lol. well some people are able to use their phones as an internet hotspot.

Wouldn't that make the phone battery die faster?
I just saw a map of the area of possible wind damage. It went from fairly far up in Canada to Tenn to Chicago. That is huge and each power company is sort of on it's own.
Power co said it can be a week to 10 days before the power if fully restored.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Wouldn't that make the phone battery die faster?
I just saw a map of the area of possible wind damage. It went from fairly far up in Canada to Tenn to Chicago. That is huge and each power company is sort of on it's own.

One reason I like a landline. Granted, if the poles are down, it won't do you any good. But the big blow we had here a few years ago, our electric was out and the cell phones ran down or didn't work, but our land line did.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:One reason I like a landline. Granted, if the poles are down, it won't do you any good. But the big blow we had here a few years ago, our electric was out and the cell phones ran down or didn't work, but our land line did.

I still have the land line and I have an old rotary phone under the bed. I need to buy a push button one before they stop making them.

Unfortunately, I realized there will be no one to call because everyone else only has cell phones.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:I still have the land line and I have an old rotary phone under the bed. I need to buy a push button one before they stop making them.

Unfortunately, I realized there will be no one to call because everyone else only has cell phones.

911, if needed.

Iceback

dontwantaname wrote:Wouldn't that make the phone battery die faster?

Landlines and old school phones are pretty fail proof.
I have a car charger so I can keep a cell charged. Well I have a generator and the caapability of storing 3 days worth of gas so as long as the towers are up...
I also have a 12 volt DC to 120 volt AC inverter so I can run voltage variation sensitive stuff off my car battery.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:Landlines and old school phones are pretty fail proof.
I have a car charger so I can keep a cell charged. Well I have a generator and the caapability of storing 3 days worth of gas so as long as the towers are up...
I also have a 12 volt DC to 120 volt AC inverter so I can run voltage variation sensitive stuff off my car battery.

How loud are the smaller, newer generators? One problem with losing power is the noisy generators.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

OK, see you tomorrow. If there is power.

I don't think any wooters are on the coast.
Hopefully power will be our only problem!

Keep safe!

Night.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

Hi everyone, Was just watching weather and am hoping there are a lot of exaggerations going on. However, wishing everyone in this storm's path stays safe. For sure in Florida they often make more of weather events than actually occurs, but this one seems very big and fierce. Hopefully, it will make a sharp turn and go out to sea - skipping Bermuda of course. I need to read back now because I haven't been here for awhile. Hugs to all.

pooflady

klozitshoper wrote:Hi everyone, Was just watching weather and am hoping there are a lot of exaggerations going on. However, wishing everyone in this storm's path stays safe. For sure in Florida they often make more of weather events than actually occurs, but this one seems very big and fierce. Hopefully, it will make a sharp turn and go out to sea - skipping Bermuda of course. I need to read back now because I haven't been here for awhile. Hugs to all.

You need to visit more often.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Back at the beach. Baby shower was fun. Be safe northerners!

AZGman

Mornin', folks.

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Mornin', folks.

Morning Az. Hope your Monday is a dry one.

AZGman

ThunderThighs wrote:Morning Az. Hope your Monday is a dry one.

It's raining, but not very hard.

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:It's raining, but not very hard.

Are you high enough up that your house will be ok?

AZGman

ThunderThighs wrote:Are you high enough up that your house will be ok?

Oh yeah; no probs with high water near us.

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Oh yeah; no probs with high water near us.

Heh, you make it sound like when we lived on the mountain. If the rain got up to us, start looking for the ark.

AZGman

ThunderThighs wrote:Heh, you make it sound like when we lived on the mountain. If the rain got up to us, start looking for the ark.

"Riiiiiiiiiiiight!! What's an ark?!?" ~ Bill Cosby's Noah routine

lplady

AZGman wrote:It's raining, but not very hard.

Yup.

Morning Wootville.

I'm heading back to sleep. Hopefully this time around it'll be successful with no interruptions.

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:"Riiiiiiiiiiiight!! What's an ark?!?" ~ Bill Cosby's Noah routine

Bill Cosby was one of the first stand up comedians I introduced son to because his material was clean.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

good morning everybody! Looking for coffee...

Iceback

dontwantaname wrote:How loud are the smaller, newer generators? One problem with losing power is the noisy generators.

Honda powered ones are quiet.
Expensive but quiet.

Good morning all

ThunderThighs

Staff

It's 65 in my office but I refuse to turn on the furnace yet. Going to be 80 again in a couple days.

Do have the space heater going though.

AZGman

ThunderThighs wrote:It's 65 in my office but I refuse to turn on the furnace yet. Going to be 80 again in a couple days.

Do have the space heater going though.

"I'm a space heater
Bet you weren't ready for that
I'm a space heater
I'm sure you know where it's at.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah"

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:"I'm a space heater
Bet you weren't ready for that
I'm a space heater
I'm sure you know where it's at.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah"

Plumber is on the way. I'm dreaming of a hot shower... in a few hours.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

We still powered up. serious strength of storm hits this afternoon. Basically, it's jammin' straight at us. a leetle north. My guess is SkekTek is worse off, but whether it turns south at all before the north turn determines our fate.