WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

It's a big week for the Last Frontier and the Aloha State! Just 53 years after Alaska and Hawaii joined the Union, residents of those states are finally eligible for the greatest privilege of American citizenship: the right to buy stuff from Woot! (Not just Shirt.Woot tees, either! Real stuff!)

Most of the time, anyway. We're prohibited from shipping certain items to those states, like wine. And the bulk of some items will make shipping to Alaska and Hawaii cost-prohibitive. But hey, most of the time is better than none of the time, right?

Just look in the Features section to see if any given sale is eligible for shipping to AK & HI addresses. We'll call it out loud and clear, like the majestic honk of the nene or the goofy chuckle of the willow ptarmigan. (Yeah, that's right: we're talking state bird smack. Hangin' with Woot is not for the faint-hearted.)

So Alaskans, send some of that oil money our way! Hawaiians, we'll be happy to help you dispose of your pineapple fortunes! Does this mean Woot will start selling items tailored to your states, like surfboards or walrus repellent? Anything's possible in the wild, weird world of Woot - especially now that that world is two states bigger.

UPDATE: an earlier version of this post said we were unable to ship items to AK & HI that contained Li-ion batteries. We double-checked and it turns out we're cool to do that. Yay!

penwynd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages penwynd

As a former Alaskan, I'd tell Woot to look for an uptick in sales along about October. And Wootsters, the REAL state bird's call is the earsplitting high pitched whine of the Greater Mosquito.

carl669

quality posts: 27 Private Messages carl669

i can finally movie to Hawaii knowing that my wooting will not suffer!

--------------------------------------
Wife: Do you really need all this junk?
Me: At least I don't ask you if it makes me look fat.

DaveInSoCal

quality posts: 18 Private Messages DaveInSoCal
carl669 wrote: Wife: Do you really need all this junk?
Me: At least I don't ask you if it makes me look fat.

Best. Signature. Ever.

gypsy56

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gypsy56

WOOT!! You have made my day! I have been an avid Wooter for years, and now spend most of the yr. in Alaska. I no longer have to aggravate my friends to keep my Woots until I get back in the winter! Thank you!

jnelson203

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jnelson203

What, no free wine woot to celebrate this new voyage?

cappo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages cappo

My friend from Alaska finally gave up since almost all the items she wants she still can't purchase.

Disappointing, Woot, I almost had another monkey addict to deliver to you.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cappo wrote:My friend from Alaska finally gave up since almost all the items she wants she still can't purchase.

Disappointing, Woot, I almost had another monkey addict to deliver to you.

That's actually been quite an email discussion the last couple days. You will now see a note on the Features tab saying:

Shipping Note: Eligible for shipping to all 50 states

on orders that can ship to AK & HI.

Here's an example offer. See the bottom of the Features tab.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

imawoot3r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imawoot3r

This is the best news ever! Christmas shopping here I come!! Thanks woot, you rock.

ap210

quality posts: 48 Private Messages ap210

I quit woot! after moving to Hawaii. Good to hear that I can finally ship stuff here from woot!

1. 11/6Rmba
  2. 11/13Scba
  3. 11/16LtchWlssSystm
  4. 11/16Gmbrdg
  5. 11/16SnDskPlyr
  6. 11/16UFO
  7. 11/16LtchWlssHdphns"lbl fll ff"
  8. 11/17LtchXbxhdst
  9. 11/173xLkFrg
  10. 11/25iPdShfflClck
  11. 12/62xBpMntrs
  12. 12/133xNxs25XM

ATCHawaii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ATCHawaii

Can't even have a tablet shipped to Hawaii. By most, you must mean almost nothing and certainly nothing I've attempted to purchase. I was excited when I read that woot was shipping out of the continental US. To make this claim...you should actually ship things outside of the continental US.

monkeyfran

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeyfran

Not true. Very hard to find any items that actually ship to Alaska and Hawaii. Also a lot of people in both states are forced to have P.O. Boxes. Another big no-no for Woot. It's very frustrating when I get the Woot email with great stuff I would love to buy but then find out I can't. It's like incessant teasing from a big obnoxious brother. It sucks!

It would be awesome since there are so few items that Alaska and Hawaii can buy, if Woot could make a special tab for Hawaii and Alaska with the items we're allowed to buy. It's frustrating for us to have to weed through looking for stuff we're allowed to buy. I end up just giving up and spending my money elsewhere that I would be spending at Woot if only I could find a piece of merchandise that Woot would let me buy.

monkeyfran

gypsy56 wrote:WOOT!! You have made my day! I have been an avid Wooter for years, and now spend most of the yr. in Alaska. I no longer have to aggravate my friends to keep my Woots until I get back in the winter! Thank you!

I live in Alaska. Don't get your hopes up. Most items they will not ship here regardless of size or weight.

monkeyfran

ATCHawaii wrote:Can't even have a tablet shipped to Hawaii. By most, you must mean almost nothing and certainly nothing I've attempted to purchase. I was excited when I read that woot was shipping out of the continental US. To make this claim...you should actually ship things outside of the continental US.

I'm in Alaska, same problem. It's gotten worse in the last 6 months. Everything I've wanted to buy they don't ship to Alaska and Hawaii.