2%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Dyson DC24 All-Floors Vacuum
$199.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

buckjr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages buckjr

Did Dyson buy woot!?!

vipermjb

quality posts: 40 Private Messages vipermjb

Does the beater bar void the carpet's warranty?

DISCUSS

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Ok, seriously! Which one of you hasn't bought one yet? Remember, we won't stop until there's a Dyson in every household.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Batman4oz

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Batman4oz
ThunderThighs wrote:Ok, seriously! Which one of you hasn't bought one yet? Remember, we won't stop until there's a Dyson in every household.

Well...my Birthday was Monday!!!

^^X^^

Wooting for Bat Capes
JUDY-ism...the Only Religion I need!
WWJD...What Would JUDY Do?!
thebatcaveofoz.us
^^X^^

darkinc

quality posts: 31 Private Messages darkinc

Have it.. Love it..

ripforeverjoey

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ripforeverjoey

This is absolutely incredible! I've needed a Dyson for a while, and I've never seen one on Woot before, thank you guys for finally selling one on here!

Batman4oz

ripforeverjoey wrote:This is absolutely incredible! I've needed a Dyson for a while, and I've never seen one on Woot before, thank you guys for finally selling one on here!

Ha, Ha...Ho, Ho...very funny! It is to laugh!

Wooting for Bat Capes
thebatcaveofoz.us
^^X^^

exp1os1ve

quality posts: 2 Private Messages exp1os1ve
ThunderThighs wrote:Ok, seriously! Which one of you hasn't bought one yet? Remember, we won't stop until there's a Dyson in every household.

Yes Mistress Thighs. I will abide by your order and purchase one.
[me]Buys one[/me]
Anything else I can do to please Mistress Thighs?

B.O. Sea #15: 08/22/13

ThunderThighs

Staff

exp1os1ve wrote:Yes Mistress Thighs. I will abide by your order and purchase one.
[me]Buys one[/me]
Anything else I can do to please Mistress Thighs?

You are a good minion. I will think of you fondly tonight as I count the sales.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

exp1os1ve

quality posts: 2 Private Messages exp1os1ve
ThunderThighs wrote:You are a good minion. I will think of you fondly tonight as I count the sales.

No, thank you Mistress.

Please, be gentle.

I'll stop now... XD

anyway, i really needed one for my new apt

B.O. Sea #15: 08/22/13

vipermjb

quality posts: 40 Private Messages vipermjb

Do you give yourself quality posts?

eno45

quality posts: 7 Private Messages eno45

I have owned four different Dyson models.
-DC14 Full Size
-DC17 Full Size
-DC25 Mid Size
-DC24 Small Size

Originally owned the DC14 for a few weeks but then a great deal became available on the then new DC24 & 25 models. So even though I liked the DC14 ability to really clean well I returned it and bought both the 24&25. I do like the ball feature, very natural to steer and I liked the easily detachable brush bar. Besides those features the standard models really out perform even the larger DC25 ball(bigger brother to the DC24). 1yr Later I ended up trading my DC25 for a brand new DC17 (family trade)and am much happier with the DC17 with my long haired German Shepherd.
Summary I dislike the shorter power cords on both DC24 & 25, less suction, smaller canister. SImply does not clean as well as the bigger and higher amp models.
DC24 would be perfect for a small condo or even big RV. I still own the DC24 and DC17 but when I want to do more than a quick vacuum upstairs I grab the bigger heavier DC17. I actually should put the DC24 on Craigslist since I really don't need it with the DC17 around. Well maybe our 3yr old can soon use it to clean her own room. It is small, lightweight and very easy to use. The lack of performance , short cord, short extension hose doesn't do well with the 2200sq ft home. For someone without shedding pets in a smaller home or just not able to handle a larger vacuum then this would be a good choice. Besides that go for the larger models.

danbooke2001

quality posts: 4 Private Messages danbooke2001

The funny thing is, I wanted a Dyson for a looooooong time. Every time I saw them on Woot I thought to myself "I can't wait till I have a house with nice carpet and I can save up for one of these things!"

A few years have gone by, and I have accomplished the house with the nice carpet, but I didn't realize until just now that I really don't want a Dyson. This one single image of the DC24 triggered the idea in my brain that with so many of these being sold on Woot (with a majority of them being refurbs) this company can't be that reliable. I mean WHY SO MANY!? It has driven me insane! I beat my dog on a regular basis and make the other one watch because of this! My fiance is scared of midnight every day in hopes it's not a Dyson!

Long story short, I've ended up buying a Eureka Airspeed something or other for half the price and twice the satisfaction.

The best part is when I turn it on - it makes the voices stop talking.

impaul4

quality posts: 8 Private Messages impaul4
ripforeverjoey wrote:This is absolutely incredible! I've needed a Dyson for a while, and I've never seen one on Woot before, thank you guys for finally selling one on here!

This is made it to a quality post? You've got to be kidding.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

lstaff

quality posts: 202 Private Messages lstaff

I like the Dyson version of Lady Liberty in picture three!

darkinc

Only thing I do not like about this version is the handle does not actually lock in to place when you push it down for storage. That means if you are looking to move the Dyson in to another room you simply cannot lift up on the handle and carry it as the handle will fully extend till it locks in to place and at that time you have a full size vacuum to carry.

cboonh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cboonh

Is this animal dual voltage? :D

ThunderThighs

Staff

vipermjb wrote:Do you give yourself quality posts?

Hey, I gotta get the discussion going somehow. But yes, I do.

FORUM MODERATOR

maugansc

quality posts: 2 Private Messages maugansc

Bought this model 6 months ago. It's actually a pretty spectacular vacuum. If you don't have one, give it a try - I think you'll like it. On another note, it's rather curious that they have so many refurbished models to sell. Kind of makes you wonder....

ThunderThighs

Staff

impaul4 wrote:This is made it to a quality post? You've got to be kidding.

Look, if you want better quality posts, you gotta give me better material. Besides, it was funny.

FORUM MODERATOR

scarhead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scarhead

I've owned three Dysons:
DC07
DC07
DC14

I first bought a DC07. I traded it with one of my friends for a car (as much as I loved the DC07, I still came out ahead). I bought another DC07. When my sister needed a vacuum, I gave her my DC07 and bought a DC14, which I am still using today. I use it a few times everyday to clean up the messes the kids and wife leave all over the place. I use it as an upright and the three hand tools pretty regularly. I rely on it.

Dyson rated the suction power of the DC07 at 270 air-watts. Don't know what an air-watt is, but since Dyson rates all their vacuums in air-watts, I figure we can use it. The DC14 was rated at 250. Their most powerful vacuum now (the DC39) is rated at 275 air-watts. Their current uprights are around 200-235 air watts.

The vacuum featured here is listed at 115 air-watts. I would guess pretty weak suction. Its strong points are the it's light and small. If you're tight on space and don't have need for the most powerful suctions, this might do the trick for you. I'd say if you have a full-size house and kids, a bigger unit would probably make you happier.

ThunderThighs

Staff

darkinc wrote:Only thing I do not like about this version is the handle does not actually lock in to place when you push it down for storage. That means if you are looking to move the Dyson in to another room you simply cannot lift up on the handle and carry it as the handle will fully extend till it locks in to place and at that time you have a full size vacuum to carry.

I read somewhere (the owner's manual, perhaps?), that you're supposed to carry it by the handle on the bin.

FORUM MODERATOR

gtiger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gtiger

I love my DC24!!!. I have a smaller (2,000 sq ft) house and it is great picking up all the dog and husband hair. I have Dalmatian, which, if you've ever had one, you'll know they shed constantly, PLUS a hairy husband who hates wearing a shirt around the house. Darn my weakness for hairy chests!!!

danbooke2001

quality posts: 4 Private Messages danbooke2001
gtiger wrote:Darn my weakness for hairy chests!!!

This. LMAO!

impaul4

ThunderThighs wrote:Look, if you want better quality posts, you gotta give me better material. Besides, it was funny.

If you would like me to post the same "Outdoor Mulch For Gardening I've never seen a Dyson" every time a Dyson come up, I can. I've got spare time.

geekwench

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekwench

Not it!

Dyson DC14 All Floors Vacuum, 10/5/2011

geekwench

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekwench
scarhead wrote:a bigger unit would probably make you happier.

That's what she said.

eno45

quality posts: 7 Private Messages eno45
danbooke2001 wrote:The funny thing is, I wanted a Dyson for a looooooong time. Every time I saw them on Woot I thought to myself "I can't wait till I have a house with nice carpet and I can save up for one of these things!"

A few years have gone by, and I have accomplished the house with the nice carpet, but I didn't realize until just now that I really don't want a Dyson. This one single image of the DC24 triggered the idea in my brain that with so many of these being sold on Woot (with a majority of them being refurbs) this company can't be that reliable. I mean WHY SO MANY!? It has driven me insane! I beat my dog on a regular basis and make the other one watch because of this! My fiance is scared of midnight every day in hopes it's not a Dyson!

Long story short, I've ended up buying a Eureka Airspeed something or other for half the price and twice the satisfaction.

I could be wrong but I do know MOST electronics & appliances come with a 1 YEAR warranty. And other vacuums are cheaper so less value as a refurb. So considering the company will warranty these up to five years that means a higher percentage of warranty claims and a larger base of refurb product which still has a good resale value due to the original high MSRP price.

I see plenty refurbs but I bet it has more to do with 5yr warranty and value left in the refurbs than a huge quality issue. So far I have not had an issue with any of the models I have owned. I just clean the filters, use my air compressor to blow out trapped dust in the canister and last do my best to not beat it up. I love my DC17 and DC24 is ok for quick cleaning.

impaul4

Just added it up, with all the money I have spent on woots, I could have one of these and be half way to another one. So I sort of own one.

Batman4oz

impaul4 wrote:Just added it up, with all the money I have spent on woots, I could have one of these and be half way to another one. So I sort of own one.

No...woot Owns You.

^^X^^

Wooting for Bat Capes
thebatcaveofoz.us
^^X^^

darkinc

ThunderThighs wrote:I read somewhere (the owner's manual, perhaps?), that you're supposed to carry it by the handle on the bin.

That may be so, but right around that handle is another red button that if pressed will release the canister for emptying purposes (this is the handle your referring to) so those with manly hands may have an issue as I seem to have..

craigthom

quality posts: 63 Private Messages craigthom
impaul4 wrote:This is made it to a quality post? You've got to be kidding.

It was funny. That often gets a quality post.

Whining usually doesn't.

icthulhu

quality posts: 6 Private Messages icthulhu
ThunderThighs wrote:Hey, I gotta get the discussion going somehow. But yes, I do.

You're gonna grow hair on your palms......and then you'll need the Dyson Animal vac.

ThunderThighs

Staff

icthulhu wrote:You're gonna grow hair on your palms......and then you'll need the Dyson Animal vac.

HA! I have a Dyson Animal vac. I have a DC7. I had a Dyson before Dysons were even cool.

FORUM MODERATOR

delebre

quality posts: 1 Private Messages delebre
cboonh wrote:Is this animal dual voltage? :D

I don't think this is the 'Animal' version of the DC 24, as it's distinguishable as the 'All Floors' model. As for the dual voltage, I would like to know the answer to this as well. My research into this only yielded one clear source with the answer, and it was a no. 120v. The source here.

mbowserjr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mbowserjr

Would NOT recommend. Had one that I bought NEW and it slowly broke down piece by piece, especially the lever that you step on to begin. And yes, they do lose suction and no, they don't do well with pets.

jessicamilam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jessicamilam

Twice the satisfaction you say?? How would u know if youve never owned one?? These vacuumes are actually phenomal. I own 2 right now, one for carpet and one for barefloors and quick pick ups and one for carpets thats fantastic on pet hair. I got one on woot.com 4, almost 5 yrs ago and my barefloor one a couple months ago from qvc. These are QUALITY vacuums worth the price because unlike cheaper vacuums you arent replacing them yearly. I was before becoming a dyson loyalist buying cheapy $80 ones and replacing them every 9-12 months cuz theyd break. I used those vacuum daily and have used my dyson that way and other than sending it in for a service to get the balance bar ( what stands the vacuum upright and locks it into that position ) fixed I have had no problems and it was free to ship (pre-paid) and fixed at no charge, customer service with dyson is fantastic. Moral of the story...dont say ur vacuum is better than dysons unless u have owned one...u may be surprised

danbooke2001 wrote:The funny thing is, I wanted a Dyson for a looooooong time. Every time I saw them on Woot I thought to myself "I can't wait till I have a house with nice carpet and I can save up for one of these things!"