1%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

impaul4

quality posts: 8 Private Messages impaul4

Tempting, but I'm hoping to get something awesome for tax free weekend.

Haha, I beat Wootalyzer!

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Sony 32GB 9.4" Tablet S w/ Cradle
$259.99 + $5 Standard OR $10 Two-Day OR $13 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

What a great big screen to stream movies from netflix on, my dear.

I've been looking for a tablet so I can woot in the bathroom. Would this suit the job just fine?

edgarjauregui

quality posts: 0 Private Messages edgarjauregui

Awesome deal

eneal10

quality posts: 4 Private Messages eneal10

Just bought a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and now regret it. Assuming a smooth upgrade to ICS, this tab is better if a bit smaller than the Samsung. Very nice price for a large (-ish) tablet with nice specs and the ability to expand storage inexpensively.

danbooke2001

quality posts: 4 Private Messages danbooke2001

Wow, what is this thing? I have never heard of it, it seems like this does more than it should! I have a PS3 and have been thinking about getting a tablet but scared because of so many options out there... is this really a good deal?

morriea

quality posts: 19 Private Messages morriea

I tried this tablet recently for the 1st time and was BLOWN AWAY by how good it is. What a pleasant surprise!

ninja69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ninja69

I'm typing on one right now... Excellent hardware... Excellent software... Excellent design.... Excellent support.... And thanx to Woot... Excellent price.... Like Nike... Just Do It!

sdfreedive

quality posts: 25 Private Messages sdfreedive

Looks like they are dumping this soon as the next version is about to drop.

Spec wise its not bad. Considering this one as a kids toy.

dpb39

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dpb39

Good review for this:

[MOD: Embedded the video]

jtwronski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jtwronski

so does this come with a rootkit preinstalled? id like the total sony experience!

ninja69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ninja69
eneal10 wrote:Just bought a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and now regret it. Assuming a smooth upgrade to ICS, this tab is better if a bit smaller than the Samsung. Very nice price for a large (-ish) tablet with nice specs and the ability to expand storage inexpensively.

ICS upgrade right out of the box

Ninkumpoop

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Ninkumpoop

Great specs, great price. What are we missing?

wqu2006

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wqu2006

Amazon still has it listed for $479 and that's not including the cradle!!

dedicateddad

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dedicateddad

I bought an original Galaxy-tab and... well...

I dropped it off my lap while siting in a chair and the screen shattered.

LOUSY DESIGN, Samsung!

Having the glass go all the way to the edges is a REALLY stupid thing to do unless you're using "gorilla-glass" or equivalent.

OTOH, I've dropped my Nook Color COUNTLESS times, including having it slide off the roof of my truck to the ground - I just *KNEW* it was going to be WRECKED! - but other than some scratches on the plastic housing, it's still good as new!

This seems to be a much better design than the Galaxy-tab, and has a plastic frame around the glass to help protect it from stupid accidents.

If I didn't already own 2 Android tablets I'd be all over this - considering it comes with the docking-station too?!

Looks like a GREAT deal!

ETA: Looking closer, what I thought was black plastic seems to be blackened glass around the edges... Still, it seems a bit more robust than the GT, but I'd search for user-experiences to see if broken glass is common before I'd leap...

Chandin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Chandin

In 4 1. Even after some bad decisions recently, I really like the Sony tabs. But was too cheap (and) gunshy with Sony. T this price... It's time to give them a shot.

cutier33

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cutier33

Does the cradle charge the tablet or just allow it to sit up nicely?

impaul4

I just looked at the extra photos and didn't realize I tested one of these at the store. The folded over wedge was wicked but came in handy for using as it has it's own built in prop. The interface was smooth and wasn't very sluggish or choppy when scrolling through the menu & options.

My only reserves are I don't like a wider than taller tablet (more rectangle) and I didn't look for cases but assume they might be more bulky given the design.

To add this is an amazing deal especially considering it is the 32GB model, and if that isn't enough it has the option to connect to an external HD.

cappo

quality posts: 34 Private Messages cappo
jtwronski wrote:so does this come with a rootkit preinstalled? id like the total sony experience!

I heard it installs with each app or mp3 you try to play on it.

impaul4

cutier33 wrote:Does the cradle charge the tablet or just allow it to sit up nicely?

I believe it just allows it to be used in different positions(keyboard, stand straight up) and doesn't charge it.

wqu2006

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wqu2006

I'm assuming they're trying to clear out the stock before releasing it's successor?

impaul4

Ok, now I have to have it. It can connect to the Playstation Store & to a PS3 controller as well. A portable PS3, um, yes please!

If only I didn't already have another tablet on order. Woot why you no swap places with the Dyson!

stucky621

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stucky621

In for 3! Great to keep one in the bathroom for some toilet time use

lincolnsgold

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lincolnsgold

I bought a tablet a few months back, and my decision came down to this or the Toshiba Thrive. I ended up going with the Thrive for a few features, but very nearly pulled the trigger on this.

The shape is very nice for holding the tablet, much more comfortable than a standard tablet when you're trying to read. And access to the Playstation Store is something you can't get on any other tab. While I'd prefer to have a full size USB, the micro port is an advantage over the Galaxy.

This is a very nice tablet, and this is a steal. If I didn't just buy a Thrive I'd be buying this now and telling all my friends.

bruman3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bruman3

Do you need to pay for WiFi service thru a carrier?

lilmosun

quality posts: 7 Private Messages lilmosun
impaul4 wrote:I believe it just allows it to be used in different positions(keyboard, stand straight up) and doesn't charge it.

At first glance the cradle didn't seem like a big deal...but customers who have reviewed it on Amazon swear by it
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-SGPDS1-Tablet-Cradle-included/dp/B005G2HSSE/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

...and in reading the brochure, it seems like a great add-on.

http://app.sel.sony.com/sonytablet/us/s/en/feature/006/

sonyguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sonyguy
cutier33 wrote:Does the cradle charge the tablet or just allow it to sit up nicely?

Hey there, I work at Sony on the Tablet. You can use the cradle to charge your tablet. You just need to plug the power cord that comes with the tablet into the cradle!

sonyguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sonyguy
impaul4 wrote:I believe it just allows it to be used in different positions(keyboard, stand straight up) and doesn't charge it.

Hello, I work at Sony on the Tablet. You can use the cradle to charge your tablet. You just need to plug the power cord that comes with the tablet into the cradle!

mfitch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mfitch

this is a sweet tablet - and it was $399 on 1saleaday just 2 weeks ago without the cradle.

(and the cradle is very cool - like the sony guy said, you attach your charger to the cradle and then it charges your tablet while it's in the cradle.)

In for 1

27 unique / 44 total woot'ed items in 2010 - how did that happen?

Chandin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Chandin

Reminiscing about my old Sony Clie. Perfect for reading ebooks and using omni-remote. I had the Pwr and channel buttons mapped to the jog wheel.

It'll be nice to do PDA stuff and still have access to a remote again.

Hmm, sad that this was a selling point for me.

stnickk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stnickk
bruman3 wrote:Do you need to pay for WiFi service thru a carrier?

"free" wi fi is free, like at a Starbucks or McDonalds. Internet service is through a carrier and is not technically wi-fi, but an actual signal on a different frequency. Not trying to be too technical, but unless you are in a major city with a "free" trial of citywide wi fi, you will have to do the traditional thing and stop once in a while at your library or other local free spots. You can find lists on the internet. 1 park near me has free wi fi so you can look at the ocean and "surf" at the same time!

danbooke2001

stnickk wrote:1 park near me has free wi fi so you can look at the ocean and "surf" at the same time!

Wow, a park? The future amazes me!

bruman3

dedicateddad wrote:I bought an original Galaxy-tab and... well...

I dropped it off my lap while siting in a chair and the screen shattered.

LOUSY DESIGN, Samsung!

Having the glass go all the way to the edges is a REALLY stupid thing to do unless you're using "gorilla-glass" or equivalent.

OTOH, I've dropped my Nook Color COUNTLESS times, including having it slide off the roof of my truck to the ground - I just *KNEW* it was going to be WRECKED! - but other than some scratches on the plastic housing, it's still good as new!

This seems to be a much better design than the Galaxy-tab, and has a plastic frame around the glass to help protect it from stupid accidents.

If I didn't already own 2 Android tablets I'd be all over this - considering it comes with the docking-station too?!

Looks like a GREAT deal!

ETA: Looking closer, what I thought was black plastic seems to be blackened glass around the edges... Still, it seems a bit more robust than the GT, but I'd search for user-experiences to see if broken glass is common before I'd leap...

neogoddess

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neogoddess

Would this work on Verizon hotspot or whatever they call it? I just lost my iphone and wonder if its worth paying for a new one, or maybe getting a tablet and seeing how much it costs to connect that. I rarely use my iphone as a phone and would be happy with a cheapo flip phone if there is a reasonably cheap way to connected a tablet to the internet.

bruman3

bruman3 wrote:

Du I need to pay for WiFi thru a carrier? need help with this. Thanks

ewascent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ewascent

Any idea if Windows 8 installs on this?

is eaten by worms

MilkD

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MilkD

Can I bring charge a PS3 controller on this? I'm thinking yes; but thought I'd ask to make sure.

Can I use a PS3 remote on an airplane?

danbooke2001

Deciding factor: Can I download the Netflix app from Google Play? I saw the Nook app in a video, so it's already set up to do 25% of what I want it to do. Adding a pre-installed Crackle app, and all the IR remote capabilities, with PS1 game options and the Sony store added another 50% If this can access the Netflix app, Woot will get another $260 from me!

Help me buy my first tablet TT! :-P

danbooke2001

MilkD wrote:Can I bring charge a PS3 controller on this? I'm thinking yes; but thought I'd ask to make sure.

Can I use a PS3 remote on an airplane?

1) I don't think so, as the USB "out" on this looks to be a micro usb, the charging cable for the PS3 remote is a full USB to mini if I am not mistaken.

2) The remotes are bluetooth, so as long as you're allowed to turn your electronics on after the light goes off, I don't see why not.