nickjoslin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nickjoslin
wgiocond wrote:I got mine today, but after updating it I noticed that it has two dead pixels. I am not sure what to do. Anyone else had this problem with a Woot buy? I would hate to return it and not get a replacement for this price.

I think you might be better dealing straight with sony.
edit: hadn't seen other responses...

kschom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kschom
dartmar wrote:I love Fed Ex. It has already arrived in Massachusetts, but it says it will be delivered in 3 days. They just like to sit on items sometimes.

i think thats more specific to smartpost, ive had fedex deliver things early quite often...smartpost, not so much

plsmindurmanners

quality posts: 0 Private Messages plsmindurmanners

Ship date Aug 7, 2012

Estimated delivery Aug 13, 2012

I'm in IL. The package shipped out of Dallas,TX

jobzombi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jobzombi

I'm so excited. Should be getting it today. I mainly wanted it for the IR, I'd had settled for the HTC Rezound smartphone, but that would have came with extra stuff; data plan, battery life would drain like crazy, etc.. My choices were limited to the Galaxy tab or this one, but having had negative experiences with my Galaxy s phone, I'm skeptical about Samsung. Plus their responses to critism have been lacking. To respond to consumers complaining about GPS issues with their phones and older tabs with a "hey it's not a gps device like TomTom," is bad. I saw the Nexus 7 and while lightning fast, I still wanted something with IR. Had the price not dropped this low I probably would not have bought it, but this low, hell yeah.

doodahdoug

quality posts: 1 Private Messages doodahdoug

Smartpost ship date: August 6 from Dallas, TX

Estimated Delivery Date to Dallas, TX - August 10

4 to 5 day delivery time all within one city - well done.

morej73

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morej73

I'm in the same shoes. Got only one tracking number, received the package yesterday with only the cradle.

ziyagur

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ziyagur
doodahdoug wrote:Smartpost ship date: August 6 from Dallas, TX

Estimated Delivery Date to Dallas, TX - August 10

4 to 5 day delivery time all within one city - well done.

^^^ Smart!

I guess Dallas - Houston the same difference: estimated 10th...

I also have one tracking number - hoping they sent the tablet with the cradle...

Aug 8, 2012 3:14 AM
Departed FedEx location
FEDEX SMARTPOST HOUSTON, TX Shipment information sent to U.S. Postal ServiceAug 7,

Aug 6, 2012 8:06 PM Arrived at FedEx locationFEDEX SMARTPOST DALLAS, TX

rickbuys

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rickbuys

Haha...good thing you didn't buy 2 of them.

thomasfun2005 wrote:[Ok....does the cradle and tablet get shipped seperately? I knew this deal was too good to be true! a $260 cradle????

lucasatakros

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lucasatakros
wesdapilot wrote:I'm probably going to be sorry that I only bought one......

Yep, I'm thinking the same thing after reading more about it....hopefully it will be offered again!

BillSzk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BillSzk

Getting my Sony today!!!!!
Mailman will be here in an HOUR
Came from Allentown, PA.
The cradle arrived on Monday!
Had 2 tracking numbers.
The key is to look at Fedex It's SUMMER!
The U.S.P.S. tracking did not show anything untill it got to the deleivery post office. At least that is how it worked for me.
Now I just have to get the "war department" to spring for it as my anniversary present....heheeh

Bill

lucasatakros

Dud wrote:Where di you pick up a 3-year warranty for $60? Square Trade is offering a 3-year warranty for only $41.99.

Yes, I was wondering how to get the three year @ that price. The Square Trade website offers only a 2 year when I ask for a quote...

ryan85nguyen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryan85nguyen

Received my Tablet yesterday, but the cradle is still on route. Initially I had problem connecting to my Wi-fi with password protection, so I changed my internet access to public and updated my tablet to ICS. After updating my tablet, I can finally connect to my Wi-Fi with password protection. If you have problem connecting to your Wi-Fi, please update your tablet to the new Android version.

kazacoff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kazacoff
ryan85nguyen wrote:Received my Tablet yesterday, but the cradle is still on route. Initially I had problem connecting to my Wi-fi with password protection, so I changed my internet access to public and updated my tablet to ICS. After updating my tablet, I can finally connect to my Wi-Fi with password protection. If you have problem connecting to your Wi-Fi, please update your tablet to the new Android version.

How many tracking numbers does your order have?

ryan85nguyen

Review

The tablet is very light compared to the iPad, but the brightness level favors the iPad. Running Netflix on the Sony Tablet is amazing. Viewing HD videos on youtube is sharp and crisp. Battery life is not as good as iPad. As soon as you receive your tablet, update it ASAP to enjoy the full performance.

ryan85nguyen

kazacoff wrote:How many tracking numbers does your order have?

I have 2 tracking numbers. One is with USPS, the other is with Fedex. If you click on your tracking number and get an error, copy and paste that number to the fedex instead.

kazacoff

ryan85nguyen wrote:I have 2 tracking numbers. One is with USPS, the other is with Fedex. If you click on your tracking number and get an error, copy and paste that number to the fedex instead.

I only have 1 tracking number and its for the cradle

gwalk55

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gwalk55
lucasatakros wrote:Yes, I was wondering how to get the three year @ that price. The Square Trade website offers only a 2 year when I ask for a quote...

I used the SquareTrade link at the bottom of the product page (after the product description).

Here's a link:

woot!: Sony Tablet S with Cradle

tnizani

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tnizani

Will someone from Woot Staff please elaborate on how this thing is being shipped?
Is it coming in one box or two? Should we get one tracking number or two?
Where's the Hotel????

ryan85nguyen

WOOT needs to change their picture of a delivery truck driving off with some boxes falling out of the car haha. That picture is not very assuring for the buyers. It is located at the top right corner.

walkerjc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages walkerjc

USPS delivered the tablet and dock yesterday in a single box. I'm new to the Android OS and having fun learning to navigate in it. So far I've updated to Android 4 (ICS) and installed a bunch of apps that are also on my wife's Kindle Fire. May report back when I've had a chance to play with it some more.

BillSzk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BillSzk
BillSzk wrote:Getting my Sony today!!!!!
Mailman will be here in an HOUR
Came from Allentown, PA.
The cradle arrived on Monday!
Had 2 tracking numbers.
The key is to look at Fedex It's SUMMER!
The U.S.P.S. tracking did not show anything untill it got to the deleivery post office. At least that is how it worked for me.
Now I just have to get the "war department" to spring for it as my anniversary present....heheeh

ITS HERE!
Yeah.
Turn On. Plug in. UPDATE OS!
So far so good. Nice feel to the screen and nice display!
Good Luck Guys!!

Bill

rkumarjava9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rkumarjava9

still lying at the USPS, Greenville since yesterday 1:40 pm.... hoping that to be delivered sometime today... but as of now no update about the delivery

lucasatakros

gwalk55 wrote:I used the SquareTrade link at the bottom of the product page (after the product description).

Here's a link:

woot!: Sony Tablet S with Cradle

Thanks! If the link had been any more obvious I would have tripped over it! Exciting news about the warrenty cost- Square Trade emails discount codes on Tuesdays for discounts. I called and asked about signing up for their email. The customer service rep gave me a code for a 30% discount! So, it was $44.09 bucks (I signed up for the ADH coverage- spill/drop, etc. option). Feel free to call, it's worth a try to save 30%...

aanand01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aanand01

Same issue as some people above. One tracking number, for USPS, which turned out to be the cradle. No word on the tablet. It would be nice to have a tablet...

karl722

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karl722

Ordered 1 tablet/cradle, I was provided only 1 tracking number. Today, only the cradle arrives and the tracking number shows as delivered.

What gives? Where's the tablet? I see others in this situation got two tracking numbers, but I only got one.

plsmindurmanners

Does 4.3 lbs/2.0 kg indicate the combined weight of both the tablet and the cradle?

kazacoff

plsmindurmanners wrote:Does 4.3 lbs/2.0 kg indicate the combined weight of both the tablet and the cradle?

According to Fedex, my cradle weighed 2.0 lbs. Still haven't received a tablet or a 2nd tracking number.

karl722

plsmindurmanners wrote:Does 4.3 lbs/2.0 kg indicate the combined weight of both the tablet and the cradle?

My "cradle only" box's tracking number has 1.3 lbs/.6 kg. So I would say yours is at least the tablet, maybe both.

Dud

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Dud

That sounds about right. I received the cradle yesterday at a little over a pound. Received the tablet today at about 3.1 pounds.

I found that my unit was almost totally discharged so onto the cradle it went for a total recharge. I have a screen protector and case on the way from Amazon ... but I forgot to buy a 32GB SDHC card.

Was wondering what others are using to expand the memory to 64GB. The additional 32GB (the card) is where I plan to store all my movies, music, etc.

kschom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kschom

i'm in iowa, my package went from phoenix to kansas city in one day, it left KC last night at 9p central and has not showed up anywhere, KC is only about 3hrs from where i live. scheduled delivery of the 10th. oh smartpost.

mamiv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mamiv

I just checked my tracking and my tablet was missent to the wrong city. Who knows how long I will have to wait for it It was a USPS mistake so nothing I can do about it.

daraymond2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daraymond2
ryan85nguyen wrote:Received my Tablet yesterday, but the cradle is still on route. Initially I had problem connecting to my Wi-fi with password protection, so I changed my internet access to public and updated my tablet to ICS. After updating my tablet, I can finally connect to my Wi-Fi with password protection. If you have problem connecting to your Wi-Fi, please update your tablet to the new Android version.

what does the tablet package weigh please?...i tracked mine on fedex site and it states that my package weighs 3.1 lbs. i have no idea if it is the tablet or the cradle or probably both. i was provided with only 1 tracking number.

plsmindurmanners

Dud wrote:That sounds about right. I received the cradle yesterday at a little over a pound. Received the tablet today at about 3.1 pounds.

I found that my unit was almost totally discharged so onto the cradle it went for a total recharge. I have a screen protector and case on the way from Amazon ... but I forgot to buy a 32GB SDHC card.

Was wondering what others are using to expand the memory to 64GB. The additional 32GB (the card) is where I plan to store all my movies, music, etc.

This is the case and screen protector that I ordered

http://www.skindigitalstore.com/purple-genuine-leather-case-cover-for-sony-s1-tablet-s-9-4/

I gave one of my brothers the 32GB micro class 10 SDHC card (with adapter) and will probably use one of my 16GBs until I order another one. Perhaps I can offer to trade down to the 16GB class 4....lol..

gbfromtenn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gbfromtenn

I received both items in one package about noon Monday 08/06/12.I like the weight and feel of the Sony...............but Im not sure that I like it as well as my HP touchpad.Ill give the Sony a week,s trial....................if I decide I like the Touchpad better ,ILL probably sell the Sony S.BTW..............I did get 8 1/2 hours from initial charge on the Sony.

karl722

I got an email from Woot that seems to imply that the tablet hasn't shipped yet. I wonder how many of us are in this boat.

sethanee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sethanee

Thanks fr the explanation that the second package might be shipping FEDEX. I received cradle yesterday by USPS and the tablet seems to be vacationing in Dallas this week.

79jaybird

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 79jaybird
morej73 wrote:I'm in the same shoes. Got only one tracking number, received the package yesterday with only the cradle.

I only got the cradle as well! The tracking number links to UPS but the cradle and tablet are being shipped by different companies! Very confusing. I have an estimated arrival date of August 13th... boo.. getting the cradle a week ahead of the tablet is torture.

danbooke2001

quality posts: 4 Private Messages danbooke2001

Ordered: Aug 3
Shipped: Aug 6 (after 7pm)
Expected Del: Aug 11

9 days total? 5 of them the actual tablet spent in the hot @$$ Texas heat to get from Dallas to San Antonio?

I could have driven and picked it up in half a freaking day.

Also, it is fairly disheartening to see no OFFICIAL answer on how this was supposed to be shipped... c'mon, one or two packages? Are we supposed to have two tracking numbers or one? These are fairly simple questions.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Ok, got the scoop on how these are shipping. They shipped one of two ways based on where you are located.

From Woot Warehouse: These orders will ship in one package and are shipped via SmartPost. That's where FedEx delivers the package to your post office who then delivers it to you. Allow 3-5 days for shipping once the item leaves our warehouse.

From FBA*: These are shipped as two separate packages with two different tracking numbers via UPS or USPS (again depending on where you're located). If you have only one tracking number, contact service@woot.com for help with the 2nd tracking number.

To see which way yours is shipping, keep an eye on the order details in "Stuff You Bought". When the item is shipped, the tracking numbers will be posted there and they will direct you to the correct site for tracking.

*FBA = Fulfillment by Amazon. When using FBA, we instruct our vendor to deliver the product to one or more fulfillment centers from which the product will then be shipped. Please note that we are not part of the Prime or Super Saver Shipping program. Do not contact Amazon about shipping. They won't know anything.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

karl722

ThunderThighs wrote:If you have only one tracking number, contact service@woot.com for help with the 2nd tracking number.

I did that, but they were unable to give me a second tracking number. Has my tablet even shipped?

I ordered mine first thing in the morning and the tablet didn't even sell out. It seems like I should be somewhere near the first to ship, but it seems that many have received theirs and mine hasn't even shipped!