amynrob


quality posts: 0 Private Messages amynrob

Well, I got my cradle yesterday but no tablet, and I was pretty panicky. But now I see that I'm not the only one. I sent an email to Woot customer service last night, hope to hear back from them soon. Seems like this could have been handled better...

TrudiCMT


quality posts: 1 Private Messages TrudiCMT

I received the cradle on Tuesday, but there's still no sign of a second tracking number or the tablet itself. I have to wonder if FBA thinks the order is complete.

rkumarjava9


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rkumarjava9
rkumarjava9 wrote:still lying at the USPS, Greenville since yesterday 1:40 pm.... hoping that to be delivered sometime today... but as of now no update about the delivery



got the tablet yesterday, upgraded to 4.0...

daraymond2


quality posts: 0 Private Messages daraymond2

http://www.costcaptain.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=C&Product_Code=TDX_10544570


Does anyone think buying this case from the above link is geniuine

gomrwoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gomrwoot

I am in Boston, Mass. Got the cradles yesterday through UPS and the tablets through Post Office this morning.

Best,

plsmindurmanners


quality posts: 0 Private Messages plsmindurmanners

Aug 9, 2012 5:43 AM
Arrived at FedEx location
FEDEX SMARTPOST NEW BERLIN, WI
Aug 8, 2012 2:21 AM

Departed FedEx location
FEDEX SMARTPOST DALLAS, TX
Aug 7, 2012 10:46 PM

Arrived at FedEx location
FEDEX SMARTPOST DALLAS, TX
Aug 6, 2012 10:05 PM
Shipment information sent to FedEx


Hopefully a single package containing both the tablet and cradle will arrive as scheduled on Monday, Aug, 13th. Hope to also have my case and screen protector delivered by then.

tonybyatt


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tonybyatt

Just received the cradle and tablet, one box, one tracking number...

$5 shipping, Paypal, New Orleans...

Can't wait to open this thing up...

aanand01


quality posts: 0 Private Messages aanand01
ThunderThighs wrote:Ok, got the scoop on how these are shipping. They shipped one of two ways based on where you are located.

From Woot Warehouse: These orders will ship in one package and are shipped via SmartPost. That's where FedEx delivers the package to your post office who then delivers it to you. Allow 3-5 days for shipping once the item leaves our warehouse.

From FBA*: These are shipped as two separate packages with two different tracking numbers via UPS or USPS (again depending on where you're located). If you have only one tracking number, contact service@woot.com for help with the 2nd tracking number.

To see which way yours is shipping, keep an eye on the order details in "Stuff You Bought". When the item is shipped, the tracking numbers will be posted there and they will direct you to the correct site for tracking.

*FBA = Fulfillment by Amazon. When using FBA, we instruct our vendor to deliver the product to one or more fulfillment centers from which the product will then be shipped. Please note that we are not part of the Prime or Super Saver Shipping program. Do not contact Amazon about shipping. They won't know anything.



I also sent an email to service@woot.com. This is the reply:
"This product will ship in 2 separate packages. When we have the 2nd tracking number, we will pass it along to you. Sorry for the confusion."

No sign of the second tracking number yet.

amynrob


quality posts: 0 Private Messages amynrob
aanand01 wrote:I also sent an email to service@woot.com. This is the reply:
"This product will ship in 2 separate packages. When we have the 2nd tracking number, we will pass it along to you. Sorry for the confusion."

No sign of the second tracking number yet.



Well, it would be nice to see an official statement of that sort from Woot somewhere on these pages.

raysmo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages raysmo

I had one FedEx SmartPost tracking number for a 4.3 lb pkg. It shipped Aug 6 and arrived Aug 8 miraculously. Both cradle and tablet together.

So far I really like it. I had seen online that after updating to ICS, some users had problems with the Play Store/Market. Same thing happened to me. However if you go to the tablet settings > Apps and uninstall the Play Store updates, it will re-update on next use and work fine!

amynrob


quality posts: 0 Private Messages amynrob

Just got a reply from Woot. 2nd shipment is now on the UPS truck for delivery today. Can't wait to get home from work!

amynrob


quality posts: 0 Private Messages amynrob
daraymond2 wrote:http://www.costcaptain.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=C&Product_Code=TDX_10544570


Does anyone think buying this case from the above link is geniuine



Wow, good deal if it's true. What about shipping?

kschom


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kschom

here is what's to come for the new sony tablet... i think us tablet S owners are missing out, but can't beat the price we paid here.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/companies/sony/sony-xperia-quad-core-tablet-photos/

karl722


quality posts: 0 Private Messages karl722

Ok.. our tablet arrived today.. but still no tracking number for it.. so, if you don't have a tracking number for your tablet (and the cradle already arrived) sit tight, I guess..

walkerjc


quality posts: 0 Private Messages walkerjc

I took a gamble and ordered it and the dock. I'll post again with the outcome of this order.

daraymond2 wrote:http://www.costcaptain.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=C&Product_Code=TDX_10544570


Does anyone think buying this case from the above link is geniuine



dartmar


quality posts: 6 Private Messages dartmar

OK, I got mine today. A few problems and one question.

-Biggest problem. When I looked at the storage it only has 4GB of internal storage.
-Google play store crashes every 5 seconds

Question where is the button to get the sub menus, it has 4 lines on my phone.

danbooke2001


quality posts: 4 Private Messages danbooke2001
ThunderThighs wrote:Ok, got the scoop on how these are shipping. They shipped one of two ways based on where you are located.

From Woot Warehouse: These orders will ship in one package and are shipped via SmartPost. That's where FedEx delivers the package to your post office who then delivers it to you. Allow 3-5 days for shipping once the item leaves our warehouse.

From FBA*: These are shipped as two separate packages with two different tracking numbers via UPS or USPS (again depending on where you're located). If you have only one tracking number, contact service@woot.com for help with the 2nd tracking number.

To see which way yours is shipping, keep an eye on the order details in "Stuff You Bought". When the item is shipped, the tracking numbers will be posted there and they will direct you to the correct site for tracking.

*FBA = Fulfillment by Amazon. When using FBA, we instruct our vendor to deliver the product to one or more fulfillment centers from which the product will then be shipped. Please note that we are not part of the Prime or Super Saver Shipping program. Do not contact Amazon about shipping. They won't know anything.



Thanks TT, knew we could count on you! >.<

jsalas818


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsalas818

My cradle got here yesterday and but the tillable it still says Picked Up by Shipping Partner
Hopefully it'll get here soon.

scherbd


quality posts: 0 Private Messages scherbd
plsmindurmanners wrote:Aug 9, 2012 5:43 AM
Arrived at FedEx location
FEDEX SMARTPOST NEW BERLIN, WI
Aug 8, 2012 2:21 AM

Departed FedEx location
FEDEX SMARTPOST DALLAS, TX
Aug 7, 2012 10:46 PM
Mine's in Germantown, Wi
Arrived at FedEx location
FEDEX SMARTPOST DALLAS, TX
Aug 6, 2012 10:05 PM
Shipment information sent to FedEx


Hopefully a single package containing both the tablet and cradle will arrive as scheduled on Monday, Aug, 13th. Hope to also have my case and screen protector delivered by then.



scherbd


quality posts: 0 Private Messages scherbd

Mines in Germantown, Wi. Pos Office
Best Buy has screen protectors and cases on clearance for the sony S

aznintel


quality posts: 0 Private Messages aznintel
dartmar wrote:OK, I got mine today. A few problems and one question.

-Biggest problem. When I looked at the storage it only has 4GB of internal storage.
-Google play store crashes every 5 seconds

Question where is the button to get the sub menus, it has 4 lines on my phone.



The 4GB you see is internal storage for the system, scroll down a bit and you will see the 24.8GB for apps, music, videos storage. As for the google play apps go to setting> apps > force stop > remove updates. Hit the app again and it should work.

gusvonpooch


quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch
aznintel wrote:The 4GB you see is internal storage for the system, scroll down a bit and you will see the 24.8GB for apps, music, videos storage. As for the google play apps go to setting> apps > force stop > remove updates. Hit the app again and it should work.



Nice that you helped solve their problem.

bmrbill


quality posts: 134 Private Messages bmrbill
ThunderThighs wrote:Ok, got the scoop on how these are shipping. They shipped one of two ways based on where you are located.

From Woot Warehouse: These orders will ship in one package and are shipped via SmartPost. That's where FedEx delivers the package to your post office who then delivers it to you. Allow 3-5 days for shipping once the item leaves our warehouse.

From FBA*: These are shipped as two separate packages with two different tracking numbers via UPS or USPS (again depending on where you're located). If you have only one tracking number, contact service@woot.com for help with the 2nd tracking number.

To see which way yours is shipping, keep an eye on the order details in "Stuff You Bought". When the item is shipped, the tracking numbers will be posted there and they will direct you to the correct site for tracking.

*FBA = Fulfillment by Amazon. When using FBA, we instruct our vendor to deliver the product to one or more fulfillment centers from which the product will then be shipped. Please note that we are not part of the Prime or Super Saver Shipping program. Do not contact Amazon about shipping. They won't know anything.



Thanks TT, you're the best.
Mine shipped FedEx!

plsmindurmanners


quality posts: 0 Private Messages plsmindurmanners

Aug 10, 2012 12:00 AM
Shipment information sent to U.S. Postal Service

On Thursday, I let my Letter Carrier know that I'm expecting a couple of packages on or before Monday.

If I'm really lucky, I'll have my case and screen protector the same day the tablet/cradle is delivered. I'm really happy right about now because the tablet and cradle will arrive in the same package.

Aelstrom


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Aelstrom

I had received my cradle on Tuesday, but no tablet as of last night so I emailed Woot, this was their reply:

Hello,

Sorry for the delay.

It seems our shipping partner ran out of inventory.

Luckily we have some at our own facility. I have put in for it to be shipped out to you ASAP.

You should receive tracking information shortly.

gusvonpooch


quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch
thomasfun2005 wrote:[Ok....does the cradle and tablet get shipped seperately? I knew this deal was too good to be true! a $260 cradle????



Did you ever get your tablet ?
Shoud have mine tomorrow

amynrob


quality posts: 0 Private Messages amynrob

Overall, I like the tab, still getting used to it, configuring it, etc. I also had a problem with Google Play Store, but will try the above suggestion.

Hulu seems to be deliberately blocked (those b*stards!!). Anybody know a way around this?

walkerjc


quality posts: 0 Private Messages walkerjc
amynrob wrote:Overall, I like the tab, still getting used to it, configuring it, etc. I also had a problem with Google Play Store, but will try the above suggestion.



You might want to try this: Google Play Store does not open after upgrading Tablet to Android 4 operating system

harrys31


quality posts: 0 Private Messages harrys31
Aelstrom wrote:I had received my cradle on Tuesday, but no tablet as of last night so I emailed Woot, this was their reply:

Hello,

Sorry for the delay.

It seems our shipping partner ran out of inventory.

Luckily we have some at our own facility. I have put in for it to be shipped out to you ASAP.

You should receive tracking information shortly.



Oops, that worries me... I received the cradle on Tuesday too and am still waiting on the Tab without any tracking number. Hopefully it shows up soon.

laurel9727


quality posts: 0 Private Messages laurel9727

I need help!! I want to read books from my local lib.I've install the overdrive media console app.but it has no register page it suppose to have.I uninstalled it then install it again and again.still the same.could someone help?

dartmar


quality posts: 6 Private Messages dartmar

Thanks, now how do I give you a quality post for this?


aznintel wrote:The 4GB you see is internal storage for the system, scroll down a bit and you will see the 24.8GB for apps, music, videos storage. As for the google play apps go to setting> apps > force stop > remove updates. Hit the app again and it should work.



bmrbill


quality posts: 134 Private Messages bmrbill

Just got mine this morning, typing on it right now!

dartmar


quality posts: 6 Private Messages dartmar

I waited until the stupid explanation was finished (I fast forwarded it. The I closed the app, and reopened it using the icon it had put on the "desktop". After it re-opened, I hit the 3 vertical dots on the bottom and the sub menu opened where I can find books, which took me to the find library page, where I could finally sign in with my library.
II hope this helps.

laurel9727 wrote:I need help!! I want to read books from my local lib.I've install the overdrive media console app.but it has no register page it suppose to have.I uninstalled it then install it again and again.still the same.could someone help?



knnaresh


quality posts: 0 Private Messages knnaresh
plsmindurmanners wrote:Aug 10, 2012 12:00 AM
Shipment information sent to U.S. Postal Service

On Thursday, I let my Letter Carrier know that I'm expecting a couple of packages on or before Monday.

If I'm really lucky, I'll have my case and screen protector the same day the tablet/cradle is delivered. I'm really happy right about now because the tablet and cradle will arrive in the same package.



Could you please let me know which case and screen protector you ordered?

plsmindurmanners


quality posts: 0 Private Messages plsmindurmanners
knnaresh wrote:Could you please let me know which case and screen protector you ordered?




http://www.skindigitalstore.com/purple-genuine-leather-case-cover-for-sony-s1-tablet-s-9-4/

I used a code (eb10x) that gave me 10% off. That code allowed me to grab that screen protector free of charge. The screen protector is $2.00 when purchased with the case.

If the case turns out to be pleather instead of leather, I won't be too happy about it.

joshuatsp


quality posts: 0 Private Messages joshuatsp

The tablet comes with a screen protector already installed, but it smudges pretty easily.

Not to the point of annoyance or inability to utilize the tablet properly.

Just an observation.

bmrbill


quality posts: 134 Private Messages bmrbill

Wow! This thing is very cool! I got both the tablet and the cradle today. Updated fine and is charging up nicely. Vey smooth to use and the screen is awesome. Still figuring out how to customize and what apps I want. I`ve already synced to my desktop without any problems. Of course wifi connected quickly as well.
Great woot!

plsmindurmanners


quality posts: 0 Private Messages plsmindurmanners
joshuatsp wrote:The tablet comes with a screen protector already installed, but it smudges pretty easily.

Not to the point of annoyance or inability to utilize the tablet properly.

Just an observation.




Thanks. If I don't use the screen protector, I may just spray a little Antec Advance Cleaning Solution on it. It's antic static and fingerprint resistant.

mu12345


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mu12345

Have played with it for a couple of days now. I was quite happy with it at the very beginning. Easy to upgrade to 4.0. But, wifi drops so often that really annoys me. Once the wifi was dropped, even though I was next to the router, it still said no signal! My iPad, iTouch never had such problem. Very frustrated! Am I getting a defective unit? Anyone experienced the same problem?

bmrbill


quality posts: 134 Private Messages bmrbill
mu12345 wrote:Have played with it for a couple of days now. I was quite happy with it at the very beginning. Easy to upgrade to 4.0. But, wifi drops so often that really annoys me. Once the wifi was dropped, even though I was next to the router, it still said no signal! My iPad, iTouch never had such problem. Very frustrated! Am I getting a defective unit? Anyone experienced the same problem?



Been plaing with it a couple of hours now, no wifi issues. Tried home and away too...