raysmo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raysmo
dartmar wrote:Thanks, now how do I give you a quality post for this?

I said this on the 9th hoping for my first quality post. Sigh

raysmo

joshuatsp wrote:The tablet comes with a screen protector already installed, but it smudges pretty easily.

Not to the point of annoyance or inability to utilize the tablet properly.

Just an observation.

It does? I hadn't noticed that. If I sit here trying to peel it off and it turns out I'm actually peeling off my screen, I'm coming for you.

laurel9727

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laurel9727
dartmar wrote:I waited until the stupid explanation was finished (I fast forwarded it. The I closed the app, and reopened it using the icon it had put on the "desktop". After it re-opened, I hit the 3 vertical dots on the bottom and the sub menu opened where I can find books, which took me to the find library page, where I could finally sign in with my library.
II hope this helps.

thanks so much.it worked!!

danbooke2001

quality posts: 4 Private Messages danbooke2001

Came today, typing on it now, cradle and tablet in one package, updated OS, Play Store fixes done, even connected a tv to the remote! Thanks Woot!

rdyotz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rdyotz
mu12345 wrote:Have played with it for a couple of days now. I was quite happy with it at the very beginning. Easy to upgrade to 4.0. But, wifi drops so often that really annoys me. Once the wifi was dropped, even though I was next to the router, it still said no signal! My iPad, iTouch never had such problem. Very frustrated! Am I getting a defective unit? Anyone experienced the same problem?

I have had some wifi issues, usually when taking off the dock or from turning it on after it had been off for awhile. sometimes it wont re-connect at all, have to disable and then re-enable wifi

turned the wifi to always connected, that has seemed to help so far, but will know more in a couple days...I have heard of people using an app called wifi fixer (or something along those lines) from the appstore that greatly helps, however it will use a bit more battery life

gwalk55

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gwalk55
mu12345 wrote:Have played with it for a couple of days now. I was quite happy with it at the very beginning. Easy to upgrade to 4.0. But, wifi drops so often that really annoys me. Once the wifi was dropped, even though I was next to the router, it still said no signal! My iPad, iTouch never had such problem. Very frustrated! Am I getting a defective unit? Anyone experienced the same problem?

the wi-fi antenna on this tablet is located along the left hand side when viewing it in landscape orientation, and I can lower my download speed from 15mbps to 1mbp by placing my hand over the antenna (not an issue just something to be aware of )...over the last few days I have never dropped the wi-fi signal completely and netflix streams have been flawless.

you should definitely contact sony customer support to get their input about the issue you are having.

dsantamo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsantamo
dpb39 wrote:Good review for this:

[MOD: Embedded the video]

dsantamo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsantamo

why cant i GET AN INTERNET CONNECTION. MY I PAD AND LAPTOP POWER RIGHT UP. NOT THIS SONY THOUGH. IS THERE SOMETHING I AM MISSING OR IS THIS A DEFECTIVE ONE?

kkshields

quality posts: 14 Private Messages kkshields
dsantamo wrote:why cant i GET AN INTERNET CONNECTION. MY I PAD AND LAPTOP POWER RIGHT UP. NOT THIS SONY THOUGH. IS THERE SOMETHING I AM MISSING OR IS THIS A DEFECTIVE ONE?

Have you contacted Sony for any troubleshooting on the device? They should be able to assist with getting the device working. Let us know if you're still having issues.

mbrantner85

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mbrantner85

I want my tablet

When it arrives at the USPS facility, can I go pick it up? On the tracker it says to allow one to two more days for delivery and I don't want to wait any longer once it gets to my town.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mbrantner85 wrote:I want my tablet

When it arrives at the USPS facility, can I go pick it up? On the tracker it says to allow one to two more days for delivery and I don't want to wait any longer once it gets to my town.

That's up to your individual post office. They may not be able to find it if they haven't sorted that delivery.

My post office is really fast and I'll often get it the same or next day after they get it from FedEx.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

erick001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erick001

no issues with wi-fi. was actually having problems with the facebook app. updated to 4.0, now no issues. did have to uninstall google play updates as mentioned and works fine now.

mbrantner85

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mbrantner85
mbrantner85 wrote:I want my tablet

IT'S HERE! HOORAY!

lb0214

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lb0214

I'm having the exactly same experience. I really loved this tablet firstly, and then this wifi dropping issue came up (I'm not sure whether it's related to the system update to 4.0.3). It drops every 10 minutes. Very very annoying. If this can not be fixed, I'll definitely return it and turn into iPad.

lb0214

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lb0214

Can anyone suggest what should we do if the tablet keeps dropping wifi, say every 10 minutes? Mine just upgraded to 4.0.3.

NascarDad

quality posts: 21 Private Messages NascarDad
sonyguy wrote:Hello, I work at Sony on the Tablet. You can use the cradle to charge your tablet. You just need to plug the power cord that comes with the tablet into the cradle!

Hard to do that when Woot didnt send me a cradle.

GRRR.

BMOR

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BMOR

Don't know how many others Wooters are still waiting, but I got mine today. I'm located in central Maryland. The unit shipped from TX on 8/8 via FedEx + Smartpost, and delivery was projected for 8/13. Three days isn't at all bad for Smartpost, in my experience.

This is my first experience with a tablet and with Android, and I must say I'm pretty impressed so far.

NascarDad

ryan85nguyen wrote:Received my Tablet yesterday, but the cradle is still on route.

Ahh, so I am not the only one in that boat I guess.

I am really in a world of hurt without the cradle though - I was going to sell this puchase as a "picture frame" to show the pics I always take of the kids. Without that its just a toy for me. (but no, really its not a toy for me, its an advanced digital picture frame, really hun)

NascarDad

lb0214 wrote:Can anyone suggest what should we do if the tablet keeps dropping wifi, say every 10 minutes? Mine just upgraded to 4.0.3.

I have read there is a 4.0.3a in the middle of being rolled out, I am not sure which regions have gotten it yet though. It fixes the wifi issues for some people.

Personally I plan on keeping mine Honeycomb until I pre-root it, if the kernel is an early enough one to get around the locked bootloader.

[ and yes, I am not exactly sure what pre-rooting is, it has to do with the rigamarole needed to root this particular tablet , but I haven't investigated too much yet ]

allastorm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages allastorm
BMOR wrote:Don't know how many others Wooters are still waiting, but I got mine today. I'm located in central Maryland. The unit shipped from TX on 8/8 via FedEx + Smartpost, and delivery was projected for 8/13. Three days isn't at all bad for Smartpost, in my experience.

This is my first experience with a tablet and with Android, and I must say I'm pretty impressed so far.

Oh you give me hope! I live in Maine, so I feel like being the farthest away Ill be one of the last of us to get my tablet. My estimated delivery says the 14th, but it also shows current status departed from Mass with smart post.... I guess there is hope it can arrive today? Maybe Monday? 3 more days wait is killing me XD

How are you guys enjoying the PS1 emulator? Or the reader? Im new to a tablet, and I have some books Ive downloaded and roms but Im not entirely sure how to successfully get them into my tablet

getitoutme2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages getitoutme2

Got mine a couple hours ago. Loving it, so far. I'll have to spend more time tomorrow customizing and playing with it, but I did perform the ICS upgrade.

Haven't had any issues, thus far (including wi-fi). The only thing I noticed with wifi is it can take a moment to reconnect after the device has been in sleep mode. I simply went to Settings > Wi-Fi > Menu > Advanced > Wi-Fi Disconnect Policy and selected 'Never'.

NascarDad

getitoutme2 wrote:
Haven't had any issues, thus far (including wi-fi). The only thing I noticed with wifi is it can take a moment to reconnect after the device has been in sleep mode. I simply went to Settings > Wi-Fi > Menu > Advanced > Wi-Fi Disconnect Policy and selected 'Never'.

And FWIW, having spent a fair amount of time on Android tablet forums, this is not the only tablet with issues with Wifi especially involving the sleeping policy.

plsmindurmanners

quality posts: 0 Private Messages plsmindurmanners
plsmindurmanners wrote:Aug 9, 2012 5:43 AM
Arrived at FedEx location
FEDEX SMARTPOST NEW BERLIN, WI
Aug 8, 2012 2:21 AM

Departed FedEx location
FEDEX SMARTPOST DALLAS, TX
Aug 7, 2012 10:46 PM

Arrived at FedEx location
Aug 6, 2012 10:05 PM
Shipment information sent to FedEx

Hopefully a single package containing both the tablet and cradle will arrive as scheduled on Monday, Aug, 13th. Hope to also have my case and screen protector delivered by then.

Yayyyyyy!!!! My package arrived on
Saturday. I'm not at home. I gave my sister permission to open the package.Hope to have the case by Monday.

allastorm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages allastorm

You guys are so lucky! I just checked my mail, no tablet. Guess Ill have to cross my fingers for Monday, Tuesday at the latest. I did get my case in the mail today. I got a cheap $9 case off of Ebay and it seems to be OK. I really only plan on using the case for traveling purposes, not going to use the case when Im home so I think it will do the job.

ellesu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ellesu

Does anyone have suggestions for a contacts and texting app?

timothyw

quality posts: 3 Private Messages timothyw

Got mine today. The dock stand seems kind of useless. Angle doesn't feel right. Had to charge a lot before ics would install. Seems nice thus far, although I still have a lot of apps to install. The old viewsonic gtablets are now officially my kids toys! Anyone figure out how to keep it from sleeping every 30 seconds? Also, not very easy to install new keyboard, but overall it's fun so far.

timothyw

quality posts: 3 Private Messages timothyw

As someone said, go to wireless settings, advanced (near the top right) and change to never sleep. Mine was set to sleep when the screen turns off, and the screen was set to turn off after 1 minute. Also set it to allow other sources to install amazon app store. Still trying to figure out the input method change.

ferretwoman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ferretwoman

I'm in MD and got mine today too - same as you - expected it on Tuesday so happy surprise.

BMOR wrote:Don't know how many others Wooters are still waiting, but I got mine today. I'm located in central Maryland. The unit shipped from TX on 8/8 via FedEx + Smartpost, and delivery was projected for 8/13. Three days isn't at all bad for Smartpost, in my experience.

laurel9727

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laurel9727
timothyw wrote:Got mine today. The dock stand seems kind of useless. Angle doesn't feel right. Had to charge a lot before ics would install. Seems nice thus far, although I still have a lot of apps to install. The old viewsonic gtablets are now officially my kids toys! Anyone figure out how to keep it from sleeping every 30 seconds? Also, not very easy to install new keyboard, but overall it's fun so far.

how could I select the keyboard with numbers on the right? right now I have to switch back and forth.

ferretwoman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ferretwoman

Mine just updated to 4.0.3 release 1a.

NascarDad wrote:I have read there is a 4.0.3a in the middle of being rolled out, I am not sure which regions have gotten it yet though. It fixes the wifi issues for some people.

Personally I plan on keeping mine Honeycomb until I pre-root it, if the kernel is an early enough one to get around the locked bootloader.

[ and yes, I am not exactly sure what pre-rooting is, it has to do with the rigamarole needed to root this particular tablet , but I haven't investigated too much yet ]

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch

Got mine yesterday and set it up today. Big mistake buying one of these tablets,should have gotten two! Love it so far but this one was for my wife,if Woot has them again then that one will be for old Gus.

nordburgh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nordburgh

Mine arrived today even though it said it would arrive on 8/14th. Was stoked! Upgraded to ICS without any problems with the Play store. Wifi has worked fine using two different Wifi routers. I almost wonder if it depends on the type of router you have and what modes it supports. I had an Archos 70 Internet Tablet that would always drop the connection. This one so far has not.

I've loaded it up with apps already. If you're into gaming there's a new game called Babel Rising 3D which was pay and is now free and works great on this tablet. Also if you're into playing MKV's I would get the MX Player. You need to change a setting though to get it to play 720p MKV's without stuttering. It was some resizing option. Once I changed that I had no problem with playing videos.

Also I've read this will support 64GB SDXC cards. I just ordered one from Amazon. I'll update to let you know. I've already used it with a 64GB SanDisk Cruzer flash drive plugged into an OTG USB cable. Found it fine and MX Player is able to find the files and play videos off it.

So far I'm really happy with this purchase.

plsmindurmanners

I'll have to wait for a stronger wifi signal to add a few more apps that I really want/need. My very first tablet and I'm really happy with my choice.

So far, I love using the tablet as a remote for my tv and have taken photos using both the camera features.

Those Verizon tablet cases sold by 1 sale a day are a perfect fit. Hopefully I'll have my purple case with the built in stand by Monday afternoon.

getitoutme2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages getitoutme2
raysmo wrote:It does? I hadn't noticed that. If I sit here trying to peel it off and it turns out I'm actually peeling off my screen, I'm coming for you.

Looks like they were right, after all.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1501144

ronfronberg

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ronfronberg

Will removing the screen protector void the warranty?

plsmindurmanners

How do I clear my home screen? I thought I could drag the apps off but that doesn't work.

nordburgh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nordburgh
plsmindurmanners wrote:How do I clear my home screen? I thought I could drag the apps off but that doesn't work.

Tap and hold the icon you want to delete, wait a second and you should get a garbage icon appear, then drag it to the garbage and it removes it from the home screen.

plsmindurmanners

nordburgh wrote:Tap and hold the icon you want to delete, wait a second and you should get a garbage icon appear, then drag it to the garbage and it removes it from the home screen.

Thanks. My dumb butt was looking for the garbage can at the bottom of the screen. It was located in the upper right hand corner.

raysmo

It supports 64GB? I can have a 96 GB tablet? Suck it, iPad!

nordburgh wrote:Mine arrived today even though it said it would arrive on 8/14th. Was stoked! Upgraded to ICS without any problems with the Play store. Wifi has worked fine using two different Wifi routers. I almost wonder if it depends on the type of router you have and what modes it supports. I had an Archos 70 Internet Tablet that would always drop the connection. This one so far has not.

I've loaded it up with apps already. If you're into gaming there's a new game called Babel Rising 3D which was pay and is now free and works great on this tablet. Also if you're into playing MKV's I would get the MX Player. You need to change a setting though to get it to play 720p MKV's without stuttering. It was some resizing option. Once I changed that I had no problem with playing videos.

Also I've read this will support 64GB SDXC cards. I just ordered one from Amazon. I'll update to let you know. I've already used it with a 64GB SanDisk Cruzer flash drive plugged into an OTG USB cable. Found it fine and MX Player is able to find the files and play videos off it.

So far I'm really happy with this purchase.

w1ll14mm0rt0n

quality posts: 0 Private Messages w1ll14mm0rt0n

Still waiting for delivery. Odd thing is, I live in a Dallas suburb.

All shipment travel activity is displayed in local time for the location
Date/Time
Activity
Aug 7, 2012 7:11 AM
In transit
GARLAND, TX
Aug 7, 2012 4:46 AM
Departed FedEx location
Aug 7, 2012 12:00 AM
Shipment information sent to U.S. Postal Service
Aug 6, 2012 7:16 PM