plsmindurmanners

quality posts: 0 Private Messages plsmindurmanners
w1ll14mm0rt0n wrote:Still waiting for delivery. Odd thing is, I live in a Dallas suburb.

All shipment travel activity is displayed in local time for the location
Date/Time
Activity
Aug 7, 2012 7:11 AM
In transit
GARLAND, TX
Aug 7, 2012 4:46 AM
Departed FedEx location
FEDEX SMARTPOST DALLAS, TX
Aug 7, 2012 12:00 AM
Shipment information sent to U.S. Postal Service
Aug 6, 2012 7:16 PM
Arrived at FedEx location

Puhleeze!

I'm sitting here thiking Pony Express probably would have been faster. Hope you get delivery on Monday, Aug 13th and that the tablet and cradle arrive in the same package.

Peace

allastorm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages allastorm

Im waiting too. My Fed Ex tracker hasn't even been updated since the 10th! I had high hopes I get it after work today... nope. It has to be here tomorrow, that is my estimated delivery date and I've waiting long enough!

MCCROSS53

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MCCROSS53

what your missing is that it is not a 32 gb tablet it is a 16 you need to put in a flash drive card to get to 32 gb . VERY MISLEADING NOT HAPPY ONE BIT WITH BEING DUPPED.
so much for buying off woot that wont happen again. not satisfied at all. will not recamend woot or sony if thats how thier going to operate.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

MCCROSS53 wrote:what your missing is that it is not a 32 gb tablet it is a 16 you need to put in a flash drive card to get to 32 gb . VERY MISLEADING NOT HAPPY ONE BIT WITH BEING DUPPED.
so much for buying off woot that wont happen again. not satisfied at all. will not recamend woot or sony if thats how thier going to operate.

We're sorry to hear you are having issues with your purchase. Please send us an email at service@woot.com and we'll be glad to assist you with any concerns or questions you might have.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

dpalomo10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dpalomo10
NascarDad wrote:And FWIW, having spent a fair amount of time on Android tablet forums, this is not the only tablet with issues with Wifi especially involving the sleeping policy.

This is true. I have an Acer A500 that takes a while to reconnect after sleep and drops Wifi a fair amount of times. While annoying it's not exactly a dealbreaker for me.

plsmindurmanners

There are some pre installed apps that I probably need to try uninstalling before the 30 day trial ends. There's no way I'm paying for certain apps.

laurel9727

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laurel9727
plsmindurmanners wrote:There are some pre installed apps that I probably need to try uninstalling before the 30 day trial ends. There's no way I'm paying for certain apps.

which ones are you talking about?

rdyotz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rdyotz
MCCROSS53 wrote:what your missing is that it is not a 32 gb tablet it is a 16 you need to put in a flash drive card to get to 32 gb . VERY MISLEADING NOT HAPPY ONE BIT WITH BEING DUPPED.

Mine is very much a 32gb tablet, it is divided into two 'drives' about 4gb for system (labeled 'internal storage') and 24gb for other stuff (labeled 'USB storage')

Sure it only equals 28gb, but there is always less space than advertised due to base calculations, formatting, inaccessible portions...

So if you can only see 16gb (should show around 14gb), then chances are that somehow you got shipped a 16gb one by accident... Getting a hold of Woot support will resolve that problem pronto

nordburgh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nordburgh
raysmo wrote:It supports 64GB? I can have a 96 GB tablet? Suck it, iPad!

I can confirm that the Sony Tablet S can read a 64GB SDXC Class 10 card. You MUST FORMAT IT AS FAT32. From what I read if you use exFAT and put files on that and insert it, the tablet will damage the files. So main limitation of FAT32 is obviously the 4GB file limit, so any video files larger than that you have to split.

FYI this is the SD Card I used: http://amzn.to/NwQYDO

nordburgh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nordburgh

And for those needing to split MKV files, here is a link to a tool that does the trick. http://bit.ly/PmMzTP

Nevermind only works with MKV's/AVI's that have subtitles.

plsmindurmanners

laurel9727 wrote:which ones are you talking about?

I believe the Music Unlimited app is free for 30 days. It may be the same case for Video Unlimited. I'll have to double check that one.

BillSzk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BillSzk
gwalk55 wrote:the wi-fi antenna on this tablet is located along the left hand side when viewing it in landscape orientation, and I can lower my download speed from 15mbps to 1mbp by placing my hand over the antenna (not an issue just something to be aware of )...over the last few days I have never dropped the wi-fi signal completely and netflix streams have been flawless.

you should definitely contact sony customer support to get their input about the issue you are having.

I am also having problems with the WiFi connection. It appears to lose reception at a very close range. My router is on the second floor. If I even start to go downstairs it drops from 4 bars if it was not already at 3, by the time I am downstairs, it is at one bar maybe. ANd no wifi ! No matter if it says one bar!
I called Sony tech Support. no help. They wanted me to reset it back to original, like that was gonna help or send it back for repair. This seems like a wholesale problem, how many people have this issues?
Can only use this within 15 of router????

Not a happy camper here.

Bill

jmbunkin

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jmbunkin
nordburgh wrote:I can confirm that the Sony Tablet S can read a 64GB SDXC Class 10 card. You MUST FORMAT IT AS FAT32. From what I read if you use exFAT and put files on that and insert it, the tablet will damage the files. So main limitation of FAT32 is obviously the 4GB file limit, so any video files larger than that you have to split.

FYI this is the SD Card I used: http://amzn.to/NwQYDO

Thanks,very good info.

rockonreddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rockonreddog

Anyone having shipping problems like me? The tracking number points me to FED EX and it says the package is in transit since 8/11 in my hometown.

When I put the tracking number in USPS.com, it says they tried to deliver on 8/11 but left notice (there was none-I have it shipped to my office and we're closed on weekends). Then it says that they tried to deliver yesterday 8/13 at 6:34PM and left notice. No notice left...AND WE WERE OPEN.

I tried calling but got put on hold forever. Tried to redeliver online but it says my address is invalid. HELP!!!!

iamnate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iamnate
w1ll14mm0rt0n wrote:Still waiting for delivery. Odd thing is, I live in a Dallas suburb.

All shipment travel activity is displayed in local time for the location
Date/Time
Activity
Aug 7, 2012 7:11 AM
In transit
GARLAND, TX
Aug 7, 2012 4:46 AM
Departed FedEx location
Aug 7, 2012 12:00 AM
Shipment information sent to U.S. Postal Service
Aug 6, 2012 7:16 PM
Arrived at FedEx location

Puhleeze!

I'm in Addison, and got word from FedEx that the package was not in the "container" when it arrived at the post office. Sent an e-mail to service, so we'll see what happens!

BillSzk

mu12345 wrote:Have played with it for a couple of days now. I was quite happy with it at the very beginning. Easy to upgrade to 4.0. But, wifi drops so often that really annoys me. Once the wifi was dropped, even though I was next to the router, it still said no signal! My iPad, iTouch never had such problem. Very frustrated! Am I getting a defective unit? Anyone experienced the same problem?

YES!!!!!!
I walk 15 from Router and it goes from 4 (usually only 3) to one and drops! No matter what the indicator shows.
The router is on the second floor, If I go downstairs, its hit or miss. Bad signal and keeps dropping!
Something is very wrong here. My android phone gets the same router and works in the basement fine with 3 bars!

Bill

friday13th66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages friday13th66

I LOVE my new Sony S Tablet. Only thing that I can say bad about it is, after it had been sitting on the cradle for several hours, as I was walking past it, I noticed a "glitch" in the video. It lasts less than a nano-second, but I am concerned it might get worse over time. Happens occasionally when not on the cradle as well, that is just where I first noticed it. Any one else see this issue? The video just goes scrambled like Poltergiest, but goes right back to normal and I don't notice it again for hours. The main thing I am worried about, if I return it, I know they will say that they can not duplicate the problem, and I will be out the return shipping and without my shiny new tablet for that period of time it is gone.

rockonreddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rockonreddog
rockonreddog wrote:Anyone having shipping problems like me? The tracking number points me to FED EX and it says the package is in transit since 8/11 in my hometown.

When I put the tracking number in USPS.com, it says they tried to deliver on 8/11 but left notice (there was none-I have it shipped to my office and we're closed on weekends). Then it says that they tried to deliver yesterday 8/13 at 6:34PM and left notice. No notice left...AND WE WERE OPEN.

I tried calling but got put on hold forever. Tried to redeliver online but it says my address is invalid. HELP!!!!

Hehe...nevermind...it's here!!!! Now it's taunting me as I sit here at work.

dartmar

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dartmar
friday13th66 wrote:I LOVE my new Sony S Tablet. Only thing that I can say bad about it is, after it had been sitting on the cradle for several hours, as I was walking past it, I noticed a "glitch" in the video. It lasts less than a nano-second, but I am concerned it might get worse over time. Happens occasionally when not on the cradle as well, that is just where I first noticed it. Any one else see this issue? The video just goes scrambled like Poltergiest, but goes right back to normal and I don't notice it again for hours. The main thing I am worried about, if I return it, I know they will say that they can not duplicate the problem, and I will be out the return shipping and without my shiny new tablet for that period of time it is gone.

I noticed this once or twice when playing a game, I figured it was the app itself. Has anyone else noticed it?

friday13th66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages friday13th66
dartmar wrote:I noticed this once or twice when playing a game, I figured it was the app itself. Has anyone else noticed it?

I notice it more when it is just sitting in the cradle in clock mode, but it has happened while surfing and gaming also.

allastorm

ITS HERE! Finally. Going to open up my giant box of awesome now, Ill report back in a bit

bdks87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bdks87

Not sure if it is a good deal or not. I ordered 3 and still have not received them. Apparentently standard shipping means they come from China. Wait,if I had ordered them from China,I would have received them already.

bdks87

wow, I quess Woot does not give a Hoot about customer service. I order 3 and still have not received them.

bdks87

ROGETRAY wrote:We're sorry to hear you are having issues with your purchase. Please send us an email at service@woot.com and we'll be glad to assist you with any concerns or questions you might have.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

I have sent emails to service@woot.com. I get no responses. Very poor service.

selune13

quality posts: 3 Private Messages selune13
BillSzk wrote:YES!!!!!!
I walk 15 from Router and it goes from 4 (usually only 3) to one and drops! No matter what the indicator shows.
The router is on the second floor, If I go downstairs, its hit or miss. Bad signal and keeps dropping!
Something is very wrong here. My android phone gets the same router and works in the basement fine with 3 bars!

Ditto. Wifi reception on this is just dreadful!!!! It cuts out constantly and I'm right over the router on the next floor up. My ipod and ipad both get full bars of reception; Sony Tablet sits on one bar - maybe two if I'm lucky. With my ipod or ipad, I can sit several yards in front of my house and still get excellent wifi; with Sony Tablet, forget about wifi outside. Disappointing performance from an otherwise top-notch little gadget.

selune13

raysmo wrote:It does? I hadn't noticed that. If I sit here trying to peel it off and it turns out I'm actually peeling off my screen, I'm coming for you.

No screen protector on mine.

selune13

Still a bit miffed no Hulu Plus. But at least I have Netflix.

I find the placement of the power and sound buttons a bit odd since you have to activate them by feel, but I think it's something I'll get used to.

Also, onscreen controls don't seem intuitively placed for a right-handed user. Maybe it's just me. I think the "back" button should be more centrally located. It's awkward to reach all the way to my left to go back.

biosylum

quality posts: 1 Private Messages biosylum

There is a hacked Hulu+ apk out in the wild that works on many Android devices (where there has been no support for it - yet). I got it working on my Archos A43, so it may work on this unit too. Look here and we might get lucky. I cannot test, as I am updating to ICS as I type. I tried rooting, but could not (kernal #10). I'll just go legit with this one

allastorm

So been playing with it for a bit. Initial reactions: Overall its a nice little piece of technology. My biggest complaint is the charger. I dont care that its big, but while its plugged directly into my tablet I feel like im going to snap it off and I have to baby it. Horrible positioning and doesn't fit good.. very loose fitting. I have the same problem with the cradle, I have a really hard time getting the charger plugged into the cradle. Ill probably just plug it into the cradle going forward and hope the battery life is good so I dont have to tote it around with me and fiddle with plugging it into the cradle anymore.

Video quality.. the reviews all said it was great, especially on Netflix, but Im not impressed. I thought I would have HD quality but I don't at all. Maybe my expectations were incorrect? Do I have to change some settings?

Crash Bandicoot does not work. Always saying I have a 500MB update, I do it, and it says again I have another 500MB update over and over. Pinball works fine. Google store didnt work, had to do the fix but that was easy.

Still too early to say much else, but overall I like it, just those things I pointed out are a bit disappointing.

kkshields

quality posts: 14 Private Messages kkshields
bdks87 wrote:I have sent emails to service@woot.com. I get no responses. Very poor service.

Sorry for the communication delay. I was only able to locate an email from you today (8/14) in our system. I have responded to that email, so please let us know if you do not receive it, or you need any further assistance.

BillSzk

selune13 wrote:Ditto. Wifi reception on this is just dreadful!!!! It cuts out constantly and I'm right over the router on the next floor up. My ipod and ipad both get full bars of reception; Sony Tablet sits on one bar - maybe two if I'm lucky. With my ipod or ipad, I can sit several yards in front of my house and still get excellent wifi; with Sony Tablet, forget about wifi outside. Disappointing performance from an otherwise top-notch little gadget.

I called SONY support.
Was told to do a reset back to factory specs! Woopie!
I finally did that. And guess what? No difference.
I sent an email to Woot.
Reply came back:
"Have you tried contacting the manufacturer about this issue?
Your Tablet was sold with a 1 Year Sony warranty, as mentioned in the link below."
I just got this unit. I dont want to send it back for service, which may never fix it and be gone for 3 months.
If an answer can not be found otherwise. I would just as soon return the unit.
Big Bummerrr

Bill

laurel9727

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laurel9727
selune13 wrote:No screen protector on mine.

looking carefully,it's there.

plsmindurmanners

I still haven't updated my tablet yet. Maybe I will, maybe I won't. Haven't really decided yet.

Once I got the charger plugged into the cradle, I left it in there. It's a piss poor design & with my luck, it could possibly break. It charges the tablet well.

I'm still waiting for the stand case that I ordered. Hopefully, today will be the day.

Peace

BillSzk

So what have you decided to do.
I called SONY all they can do is take the unit back for "repair".
Brand new tablet will be gone for 4 weeks if I am lucky.
Hello WOOT!

selune13 wrote:Ditto. Wifi reception on this is just dreadful!!!! It cuts out constantly and I'm right over the router on the next floor up. My ipod and ipad both get full bars of reception; Sony Tablet sits on one bar - maybe two if I'm lucky. With my ipod or ipad, I can sit several yards in front of my house and still get excellent wifi; with Sony Tablet, forget about wifi outside. Disappointing performance from an otherwise top-notch little gadget.

Bill

walkerjc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages walkerjc

Last week I ordered the cradle and leather case from costcaptain.com and because I hadn't received my order, I inquired about it today. Here was a snippet of their reply:

Unfortunately, the item you ordered is out of stock and since the ETA is not certain, regretfully, we have cancelled your order. You will not be billed for this product.

I thought their prices ($5.99 each) were too good to be true. Oh well.

raysmo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raysmo

Ugh. Major issue this morning.

When I took my tablet off the cradle after charging overnight, I got a message that Home had to close. Any time I tried to go the Home page, I got that error. I fully powered down and back up.

Now it will only go to the animated ribbon boot screen, no further. Checked online and saw a number of people with the same issue with no resolution, even after doing a hard reset (which I'm reluctant to do since I've loaded it up in the short time I've had it.)

Anyone else have/heard of this problem and know of a fix?

walkerjc

I recall having a similar issue a couple days ago. Thankfully, I fixed it by powering down the tablet by holding the on/off button for approx. 10 seconds then waiting a few seconds before powering back on. All was well when the tablet rebooted.

raysmo wrote:Ugh. Major issue this morning.

When I took my tablet off the cradle after charging overnight, I got a message that Home had to close. Any time I tried to go the Home page, I got that error. I fully powered down and back up.

Now it will only go to the animated ribbon boot screen, no further. Checked online and saw a number of people with the same issue with no resolution, even after doing a hard reset (which I'm reluctant to do since I've loaded it up in the short time I've had it.)

Anyone else have/heard of this problem and know of a fix?

plsmindurmanners

walkerjc wrote:Last week I ordered the cradle and leather case from costcaptain.com and because I hadn't received my order, I inquired about it today. Here was their reply:

I thought their prices ($5.99 each) were too good to be true. Oh well.

I ordered two of the cases. Following is the message that I received on Aug 13th

Thank you for your recent order. We wanted to give you an update on availability and shipping.

Due to high demand for this particular product, we may face longer than usual shipment times. Meanwhile, your shipment method has been upgraded free of charge.

The ETA for this item is 7-10 business days per the update we received from the manufacturer. You are now active in the shipping queue.

Once your order ships, you will receive tracking numbers via email. Please remember that it may take up to 48 hours for the carrier to update their records with the tracking information.

If you need further help, or want to make changes to your order, simply reply to this email or proceed to http://www.costcaptain.com/help.htm.

Your customer support line is (404) 817 9684. Customer support hours are 10-4 EST.

Once again, we thank you for your business and look forward to serving you in the future.

If they decide to cancel my order, it's all good. I'm using one of the Verizon cases that I ordered earlier this year. Great fit too.

farnorthflyer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages farnorthflyer

I am disappointed in the shipping arrangement for my recent Woot purchase. I ordered an electronic item on August 2. It was shipped August 6-7 via Fedex, which is fine. But now the tracking info says it has been transferred to USPS, with an expected delivery date of August 25. That is more than 3 weeks after my order. Certainly you can do better than that!

walkerjc

You should probably disregard the estimated expected delivery date given by USPS. They're generally overblown. Using the USPS tracking number, expect to receive your item a day or two after receipt by the USPS.

farnorthflyer wrote:I am disappointed in the shipping arrangement for my recent Woot purchase. I ordered an electronic item on August 2. It was shipped August 6-7 via Fedex, which is fine. But now the tracking info says it has been transferred to USPS, with an expected delivery date of August 25. That is more than 3 weeks after my order. Certainly you can do better than that!