allastorm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages allastorm

So Ive been using this tablet a few weeks now. Its more of a toy than anything so I don't use it for too much, but I love it so far. I have not had problems with my Wifi. I live in a large apartment though, and I have a dual band router so that may help. The battery life is MEH. It could be better. When I do use it, it drains fast. When I use it on and off and leave it in a sleep mode it can last for days. Crash just started working all of a sudden, but I dont know how to hook up my ps3 Controller, or use my own ROMS on it.

LenBros

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LenBros

I bought one and have been pleased with it since. At this price, a decent starter tablet.

revoconnell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages revoconnell

Very happy with my purchase overall, but I'm having a hard time linking my album covers to my albums in the stock music player. I try to add them manually, but the gallery program will not let me navigate to the album folder. When I put the art in the picture folder I can't get it to select the cover.

Anyone else having this problem? Anyone found a solution?

Bill O'Connell

alanhwoot

quality posts: 38 Private Messages alanhwoot

I just use Google Music (music.google.com). You can upload your music there, and edit album covers, info, and track info on their web site.

stupido

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stupido

question: soon after getting this tablet I started having a problem where the sound stops randomly, even while I'm actively listening to something. the sound just stops, it shows as ok in the settings, but no sound from music or even from clicks or notifications.
I can get the sound back by power cycling, but it is annoying to have to do it every few hours.
has anyone experience this problem?

getitoutme2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages getitoutme2

Sony has gone on record stating that there are plans to update the Sony Tablet S to Jellybean.

revoconnell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages revoconnell

Someone at XDA has created a script to root this after you have installed to 4.03! Took me some reading and some persistance, but it works. Script and discussion is at: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1886460. I had to follow directions in post #405, but it is definitely rooted now

Bill O'Connell

vashley2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vashley2000

I am so happy I bought this tablet. Fast, beautiful and visually awesome. Havent really turned on the computer since Ive gotten it. :-) I wish it had a usb or hdmi. Connection.

vashley2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vashley2000
cutier33 wrote:Does the cradle charge the tablet or just allow it to sit up nicely?

The cradle holds it up nicely but you can attached the adapter so that it charges it too.

plsmindurmanners

quality posts: 0 Private Messages plsmindurmanners

This is probably the best present I ever gave to myself.

mspaeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mspaeth

Is anyone else having problems with this POS? I honestly only really use it as an overpriced alarm clock, so it sits in its cradle almost all the time, and a couple times a week when I go to bed I need to reboot, as all of the apps have crashed (including Home), and I just get a stack off "app crashed" dialogs to hit OK through -- this is after jumping through WAY too many hoops to get it to even take the ICS update a few months ago.

The fact that there's a pretty big deadzone on the touch screen isn't so nice either -- at first I thought it was just a C.H.U.D. touchscreen, but a 'paint' app confirmed there's about a 3/4" stripe across it that doesn't register.

Sony quality.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

mspaeth wrote:Is anyone else having problems with this POS? I honestly only really use it as an overpriced alarm clock, so it sits in its cradle almost all the time, and a couple times a week when I go to bed I need to reboot, as all of the apps have crashed (including Home), and I just get a stack off "app crashed" dialogs to hit OK through -- this is after jumping through WAY too many hoops to get it to even take the ICS update a few months ago.

The fact that there's a pretty big deadzone on the touch screen isn't so nice either -- at first I thought it was just a C.H.U.D. touchscreen, but a 'paint' app confirmed there's about a 3/4" stripe across it that doesn't register.

Sony quality.

you might want to contact Sony about these issues. (especially that deadzone thing. you have a 1 year warranty, after all...)

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

plsmindurmanners

quality posts: 0 Private Messages plsmindurmanners

Looks like I may have to contact Sony about the constant gold ribbon. Rebooting sometimes helps but lately......I'd much rather not do a reset.

All in all, I still love the tablet though.

miikl1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages miikl1

Totally dig this tablet. Great for movies, android apps, all the usual stuff. It froze twice since I've owned it; stick a pin in the reset slot, all set. Browser speed, etc. is acceptable, Netflix is good, memory slot accepts files quickly, picture is great-- I'd buy another one as a casual user.

For comparison, I had a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 16gb. Returned to Best Buy in 1 week because it kept crashing. I'm not a tab expert, but again-- as a casual user-- this compares pretty good.

Only cons:
- Not gorilla glass (but I have screen protectors, so all good)
- You have to transfer files to the tablet to work-- can't just use off the memory card/stick/etc.
- AC adapter is flimsy. I was worried about it, but it's still ok.

If I see a new one on here again for about the same price, my wife may get one

llnyrn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages llnyrn

Had this tablet for over a year already via the original WOOT sale. I do everything on it from watching movies, to reading books/comic books, listening to music and playing games.

After an unfortunate situation applying screen protection, I decided to go without it. I do have a case for it and use the acetate film as protection.

All in all, the SONY "S" was a bargain. And still performs great under all the abuse I've given it.

WootChiq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WootChiq
llnyrn wrote:Had this tablet for over a year already via the original WOOT sale. I do everything on it from watching movies, to reading books/comic books, listening to music and playing games.

Ditto for me too. Accept mine has been hijacked by my 10-year old son. My only con is the goofy ac connector. I always gasp when I accidentally snag the cord and rip it out. Worried that connector will break. Hasn't yet.

ferretwoman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ferretwoman

Over a year and a half and this thing is still working strong. I just came here to compare the stats of this model with one of the Galaxy Tabs and Notes that are being sold refurbished, and the screen resolution and memory is the same as the Sony, so I'm not going to upgrade. It does what I want it to, which is play Pandora (over computer speakers), watch Dish Anywhere, and play games. It's on the stand whenever I'm not using it so I never have a problem with it not being charged. And it's a digital clock when I'm not using it. Was a really good purchase.