+ Add a Comment

kuma99

quality posts: 9 Private Messages kuma99
miikl1 wrote:And just for the record, my wife said "just buy it you dork".

I wonder what she bought, that she said it was cool to get this...

It's those 'personal trainer' sessions she's been getting...

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii

1SAleaday has the 10" Toshiba Thrive 16GB refurb for $225 via Ebay

whispurr10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whispurr10
impaul4 wrote:I believe it just allows it to be used in different positions(keyboard, stand straight up) and doesn't charge it.

If ive read correctly you can put the charger through the cradle to charge but the cradle itself is not a charger.

wallycat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wallycat

Did my research and thanks for all the helpful posts and links. It really helped my decision.

For what it is, it's a no-brainer for me. These are new at a refurb price. I'm in for 3 of these and glad I got them. I'm replacing 2 HP Touchpads and saving one for a gift. Thanks Woot for one of your best deals.

benjamin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benjamin

If this thing had resolution closer to the iPad 2, I'd be all over it! Great device, though, for those who ordered it.

raysmo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raysmo

Woo! I'm in for one. My most expensive purchase from Woot! but I've been looking for a good priced tablet that wasn't a Sorny or Panaphonic. Thanks for all the reviews, wooters. I don't think you've steered me wrong!

gloria19

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gloria19

Can anybody tell me if these come with the upgrade to ICS? And if they don't, how do you get it?

mdgore

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mdgore
kennywjl wrote:why my credit card always denied? did some guys meet the same issue like me? I'm foreigner and use a mastercard.

Lithium battery, cannot be shipped outside USA.....

When do we get to buy souls?

dpb39

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dpb39
gloria19 wrote:Can anybody tell me if these come with the upgrade to ICS? And if they don't, how do you get it?

The update probably isn't pre-installed but you can just go to the settings panel and search for an update. It'll connect via WiFi, find the update and apply it.

bartsimpson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bartsimpson

xerxestwd,

Could we trouble you to confirm or deny what another user advised, that the proprietary charging cord may be connected to the stand instead, and the tablet then merely placed on the stand for connectionless, inductive, charging? (I thought only the HP TP and its TouchStone charger was capable of such charging... :-?)

Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

ang987

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ang987

Sa-weet!!! Just bought one. Couldn't resist.....

alanhwoot

quality posts: 40 Private Messages alanhwoot

It does charge through the stand, but it's not connectionless. There's a plug in the stand that connects to the tablet.

dondonl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dondonl
KeriBroderick wrote:CHARGING: I see only the clunky wall charger. Does is have micro USB charging capabilities?

This is my biggest gripe too. Not only is it proprietary (and I didn't find any 3rd party chargers) it is massive. I can't see traveling with it because of the size and weight of the charger.

I think that's pretty inexcusable, especially since they already have a micro-USB port. They should offer the option to charge through that port, even if it is at a slower rate.

1sock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 1sock

There is no Car charger made for this tablet. I bought 1 assuming there was. BAD NEWS.

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch

Been debating all day whether to get one or not,I just crumbled! Hope it's as good as people are saying it is.

gjrep

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gjrep

Oh, what to do, what to do......

monam33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monam33
gjrep wrote:Oh, what to do, what to do......

Just "DO"! I'm in for two!!!

chin78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chin78

My first tablet and my first Woot purchase....hope it's a good one.

mrln

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrln
benjamin wrote:If this thing had resolution closer to the iPad 2, I'd be all over it! Great device, though, for those who ordered it.

Umm, ipad2 display is 1024x768.

This is 1280x800 per the specs on woot. Should be able to do 720p.

Did you want a worse display? Or maybe you meant the current 3rd gen/new ipad, which is 2048x1536.

xerxestwd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xerxestwd
bartsimpson wrote:xerxestwd,

Could we trouble you to confirm or deny what another user advised, that the proprietary charging cord may be connected to the stand instead, and the tablet then merely placed on the stand for connectionless, inductive, charging? (I thought only the HP TP and its TouchStone charger was capable of such charging... :-?)

Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

It doesn't work the same way as a Touchstone, but it's easier to recharge with the cradle than without it, the same way it's easier to recharge a 3DS with the dock. It can be done separately, but it's more a matter of convenience.

rkgreen04

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rkgreen04

Can you root this? It does have access to the Google Play/Android Market right? Gotta get my game fix

riftsilver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages riftsilver

Looks like a nice tablet, If I didn't already get the Nexus 7 I might consider this. But Nexus Devices are just amazing!

gusvonpooch

dliidlii wrote:New: BlackBerry PlayBook 7" 32GB WiFi Tablet for $200 + free shipping
Buy.com via eBay offers the BlackBerry PlayBook 7" 32GB WiFi Tablet, model no. PRD-38548-002, for $199.99 with free shipping. That ties our February mention as the lowest total price we've seen for a new 32GB Playbook. (It's also a current price low by $61.) This 0.4"-thick tablet weighs 0.9-oz. and features a 1GHz dual-core processor, 7" 1024x600 touchscreen LCD, 32GB of internal memory, 802.11n wireless, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, 3-megapixel 1080p front-facing camera, 5-megapixel 1080p rear camera, support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1, BlackBerry Tablet OS, and micro USB and HDMI ports. Deal ends August 4 at 10:45 am ET.

I'm not trying to be a wise guy but I notice that the vast majority of your posts dump on the Woot product being sold or you try to steer people away from the Woot site even if the Woot deal is better. I assume you have some sort of vendetta,am I wrong?

dliidlii

1sock wrote:There is no Car charger made for this tablet. I bought 1 assuming there was. BAD NEWS.

You can get a $10 inverter and just plug it into the DC outlet in your car.

greyghost57

quality posts: 1 Private Messages greyghost57

Color me pee-ist. Got mine two months ago, love it to death -- much more than my wife's ipad -- and paid almost twice this price at the Sony store @ International Plaza in Tampa.
The cradle is a handy must-have, incorporating charging and storage, while delivering time/weather/news via the downloadable Cassandra app. The built-in browser is more than adequate, feature-wise. But wish Chrome would run with fewer hang-ups.

This is one those rare Woots that are bonafide steals. I couldn't love my Sony S more...unless I had paid 259 bucks for it.

packrat011

quality posts: 0 Private Messages packrat011

In the woot images where the tablet is lying flat so you can see the side ports, it looks like there's some sort of cover on the screen. Is there in fact a cover or is this just a bad angle to see the top of the tablet at?

dliidlii

gusvonpooch wrote:I'm not trying to be a wise guy but I notice that the vast majority of your posts dump on the Woot product being sold or you try to steer people away from the Woot site even if the Woot deal is better. I assume you have some sort of vendetta,am I wrong?

Since when is providing consumers comparison shopping information a vendetta?? If you check my stats you'll see I have made more purchases from woot sites than most people on here but I will "dump" on a product or price if warranted. By the way, I did purchase todays offering. I posted other tablets in case people were looking for those models or something less expensive than this.

rodomontade

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rodomontade
kennywjl wrote:why my credit card always denied? did some guys meet the same issue like me? I'm foreigner and use a mastercard.

Had the same problem with a German credit card (even using a US shipping address). Changed to paypal, which worked fine.

canswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages canswoot
1sock wrote:There is no Car charger made for this tablet. I bought 1 assuming there was. BAD NEWS.

no car charger, what a bummer.

dliidlii

canswoot wrote:no car charger, what a bummer.

You can get a $10 inverter and just plug it into the DC outlet in your car to use and charge it.

gusvonpooch

dliidlii wrote:Since when is providing consumers comparison shopping information a vendetta?? If you check my stats you'll see I have made more purchases from woot sites than most people on here but I will "dump" on a product or price if warranted. By the way, I did purchase todays offering. I posted other tablets in case people were looking for those models or something less expensive than this.

I stand corrected,just thought I'd ask.

greyghost57

quality posts: 1 Private Messages greyghost57

Um. If the car charger is deal-breaker, just plug a 120volt power inverter into your cig lighter and plug the Sony S into it. It is a bummer you hadn't thought of that.

gregangsten

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gregangsten
dliidlii wrote:You can get a $10 inverter and just plug it into the DC outlet in your car.

Yeah, I've got an inverter that I thought I would use with a laptop. 5 minutes of listening to that thing buzz in the car and I'm ready to bail out the window. Still a deal breaker for me.

blitzlinger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blitzlinger

Yeah there is none out there while I was looking for accessories for that, but after reading reviews and stats it seems it can barely draw some power from the USB port? Hope someone can confirm this.

Also you can always use a compact car power inverter and buy an additional Sony Tablet S AC adapter for travel use (model SGP-AC10V1).

Here's an example of a name-brand compact inverter:
http://www.duracellpower.com/power-inverters/pocket-inverters/mobile-inverter-100.aspx

System error, strike any user to continue...

sbowlin1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sbowlin1

just wondering, i have a vizio tv with wifi. its not DLNA compatable so will i be able to use it since this doesnt have an HDMI output?

steven bowling

ronfronberg

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ronfronberg

Do not know if it important to anybody but Hulu is not supported on the Sony.

amurion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amurion

I just purchased a Nexus 7 and am happy with it. However my wife would like a ten inch tablet. She is just worried that this one might lag after a while (she gets really frustrated when things are not fairly snappy). Should we go with this one or keep looking?

dliidlii

gregangsten wrote:Yeah, I've got an inverter that I thought I would use with a laptop. 5 minutes of listening to that thing buzz in the car and I'm ready to bail out the window. Still a deal breaker for me.

Try another inverter.Good ones don't do that.

ozmandias

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ozmandias

Wish this tablet would sell out so that I'd quit being tempted by it!

gjrep

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gjrep
ozmandias wrote:Wish this tablet would sell out so that I'd quit being tempted by it!

+1