+ Add a Comment

canswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages canswoot
greyghost57 wrote:Um. If the car charger is deal-breaker, just plug a 120volt power inverter into your cig lighter and plug the Sony S into it. It is a bummer you hadn't thought of that.



I did actually, but when you look at the size of that adapter and extension cord, it is just way too bulky to carry around. Nevertheless, the price tag is still very tempting .... dang it. I've been staring at woot all day now and still can't make up my mind.

morriea


quality posts: 19 Private Messages morriea
ozmandias wrote:Wish this tablet would sell out so that I'd quit being tempted by it!



Blame WOOT!...I tried to buy 4, but they would not let me.

dliidlii


quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii
gusvonpooch wrote:I stand corrected,just thought I'd ask.



No problem. I DID slam techwoot for their recent offering of a 32" Haier 720P refurbished TV For $205. That was NOT a deal. However, I do respect Woot for even allowing these type of comments. I am not a big fan of new owners AMZ because of the way they treat sellers on their site.

billyk617


quality posts: 0 Private Messages billyk617
gwalk55 wrote:It's another $20 to add the accidental damage coverage...so now I can use my tablet while sky diving or lounging in the pool with no worries ;-)



But am I reading it correctly that you only get replacement value, not purchase price? So, if the price keeps dropping (especially with new product releases), won't the replacement value drop?

chin78


quality posts: 0 Private Messages chin78
canswoot wrote:I did actually, but when you look at the size of that adapter and extension cord, it is just way too bulky to carry around. Nevertheless, the price tag is still very tempting .... dang it. I've been staring at woot all day now and still can't make up my mind.



Buy it, then if you change your mind, you can flip it to someone on eBay.

thelastof10


quality posts: 0 Private Messages thelastof10

Bought one for my girlfriend! Can't wait to try it out, and then "trick it out" for her :-)

bartsimpson


quality posts: 1 Private Messages bartsimpson

Greetings,

The iDevice ecosystem is ginormous. There are plenty of third-party iDevice converters/connectors/adapters.

Is there really not a single third-party Sony Tablet S charging port-to-(original/mini-/micro-) USB adapter, so an owner may utilize a standard USB source to charge the tablet? Not one at all?

(I would have been in for at least one, but the proprietary charging is really holding me back. )

Can anyone advise?

Thank you all in advance.

PBurke5


quality posts: 1 Private Messages PBurke5

[quIote postid="5109864" user="bruman3"]Du I need to pay for WiFi thru a carrier? need help with this. Thanks[/quote]

Yes if you do not have wifi you need to get it by paying for it. Free wifi is available at some restaurants like McDonalds, Dunkin Dounuts they offer it as a customer added value.

Paul D Burke

mrln


quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrln
morriea wrote:Blame WOOT!...I tried to buy 4, but they would not let me.



Don't have another email address to create an account on and an extra $5? That sucks.

sbowlin1 wrote:just wondering, i have a vizio tv with wifi. its not DLNA compatable so will i be able to use it since this doesnt have an HDMI output?



I'm guessing the TV has apps or something and the wifi is for the internet access, perhaps.

Do you have anything connected to the TV that is DLNA compatible (has a DLNA client) like a DLNA compatible blu-ray player, PS3, etc.?

heyjoie


quality posts: 8 Private Messages heyjoie
ozmandias wrote:Wish this tablet would sell out so that I'd quit being tempted by it!



Exactly. I'd finally decided against it as a birthday gift before going to get dinner. Just decided to check and it's still not sold out... IS IT A SIGN?!

alanhwoot


quality posts: 38 Private Messages alanhwoot

I'm surprised it's been blinking this long; I would have figured it would have sold out. If I didn't already have my Thrive I'd jump on it.

As far as I can tell, the only compatible charger is the official Sony SGPAC10V1 AC charger. No car charger or 3rd party chargers at all.

vwoom


quality posts: 2 Private Messages vwoom

DAMN IT! You guys are making me tempt to buying a tablet with no plans to get one anytime soon!! You folks make this a deal too good to pass up. So what makes this Sony a dream tab for the price and specs versus others currently out there??

I do want one..but not tonight!!

Stop the temptation..please!!!


plsmindurmanners


quality posts: 0 Private Messages plsmindurmanners

Yayyyy!!!! My first day at Woot, my first tablet and my first post.

sonyguy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sonyguy
gloria19 wrote:Can anybody tell me if these come with the upgrade to ICS? And if they don't, how do you get it?



Hey! I work at Sony on the Tablet. Yes, you will get prompted to download and install 4.0 ICS when you first turn it on and connect to Wifi.

edgarjauregui


quality posts: 0 Private Messages edgarjauregui

What Case/Screen protector are you guys buying for this?

vwoom


quality posts: 2 Private Messages vwoom

Okay, I just read somewhere that this has no Gorilla glass...so ain't that durable from scratches (Con # 1).


ozmandias


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ozmandias
vwoom wrote:DAMN IT! You guys are making me tempt to buying a tablet with no plans to get one anytime soon!! You folks make this a deal too good to pass up. So what makes this Sony a dream tab for the price and specs versus others currently out there??

I do want one..but not tonight!!

Stop the temptation..please!!!



Be strong, my friend.

I don't think the Sony is a "dream tab"... mostly because I just bought the Xoom. :-)

I do think this is a really good deal though. If you want yesterday's tech cheap, then get it. If you want the latest and the greatest, wait for the next gen tablets. But you'll pay more.

It's a hard decision, I know.

revoconnell


quality posts: 0 Private Messages revoconnell
edgarjauregui wrote:What Case/Screen protector are you guys buying for this?



I'm wondering if there is a case that will allow you to still use the charging station/cradle at night.

Here's the cheapest case I could find on ebay, but there are a whole bunch more: http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Sony-S1-Tablet-Black-Plain-Folio-Leather-Case-Pouch-Bag-/160776350746?pt=US_Tablet_Accessories&hash=item256f046c1a

Bill O'Connell

morebarn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages morebarn

Does anyone if there is a Sunday NFL ticket app for this device? That's about the only thing stopping me right now....

nanaejt


quality posts: 3 Private Messages nanaejt
vwoom wrote:DAMN IT! You guys are making me tempt to buying a tablet with no plans to get one anytime soon!! You folks make this a deal too good to pass up. So what makes this Sony a dream tab for the price and specs versus others currently out there??

I do want one..but not tonight!!

Stop the temptation..please!!!



You're not going to buy this so calm down,they will be gone soon.

vwoom


quality posts: 2 Private Messages vwoom

Okay..I feel strong now. I got the patience and fought off the temptation.

Guess I'll hold out for the Xperia Quad Core Tegra 3. In less than a year..it'll be on sale akin to this price. Thinner & much faster. I'm taking that gamble.

"The tablet will feature a 9.4-inch screen with a 1280 x 800 resolution while running on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and a quad-core Tegra 3 processor. It also includes an 8-megapixel rear camera, a 1-megapixel front-facing camera and a 6000mAh battery that Sony claims is capable of 10 hours' continuous Wi-Fi browsing.

The slides indicate that Sony is planning to merge its Xperia brand with its existing Tablet S. While the new tablet is primarily referred to as 'Xperia Sony Tablet' throughout the marketing slides, there are also references to it as an S 2nd Gen tablet.

In terms of design, the new tablet bears a resemblance to a slimmed down Tablet S. It retains the folded appearance of the Tablet S, but opts for a flat casing that is 42% thinner than the wedge on the current Tablet S.

The Xperia tablet will be PlayStation certified, allowing it to play games downloaded from the PlayStation Store. It will also feature a new Guest Mode, allowing users to restrict some app access when letting others use the tablet.

The slides also detail a range of accessories for the tablet, including a folding cover with a built-in keyboard, charging cradle, docking stand, speaker and a carrying case.

Pricing is said to be $449.99 for the 16GB model, $549.99 for the 32GB model and $649.99 for the 64GB model.

The source who posted the marketing slides claims that Sony is planning to launch the Xperia tablet in September 2012."

http://www.digitalspy.com/tech/news/a397349/sony-quad-core-xperia-tablet-leaked-pictures.html

See ya folks on the next Sony Tablet Woot!!


vwoom


quality posts: 2 Private Messages vwoom
nanaejt wrote:You're not going to buy this so calm down,they will be gone soon.



Ur spot on...see my above post. Still happy with my MacBook/Ipod Touch & Acer LM S120 Gingerbread smartphone. Ain't gonna get suckered this time. I'd rather invest the $$$ saved in the "market". HAH!!


cutier33


quality posts: 6 Private Messages cutier33

Can anyone advise on the hardware differences between this and the HP Touchpad?

nanaejt


quality posts: 3 Private Messages nanaejt
vwoom wrote:Ur spot on...see my above post. HAH!!



I'm never wrong about these things

ozmandias


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ozmandias
vwoom wrote:Okay..I feel strong now. I got the patience and fought off the temptation.

Guess I'll hold out for the Xperia Quad Core Tegra 3. In less than a year..it'll be on sale akin to this price. Thinner & much faster. I'm taking that gamble.

"The tablet will feature a 9.4-inch screen with a 1280 x 800 resolution while running on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and a quad-core Tegra 3 processor. It also includes an 8-megapixel rear camera, a 1-megapixel front-facing camera and a 6000mAh battery that Sony claims is capable of 10 hours' continuous Wi-Fi browsing.

The slides indicate that Sony is planning to merge its Xperia brand with its existing Tablet S. While the new tablet is primarily referred to as 'Xperia Sony Tablet' throughout the marketing slides, there are also references to it as an S 2nd Gen tablet.

In terms of design, the new tablet bears a resemblance to a slimmed down Tablet S. It retains the folded appearance of the Tablet S, but opts for a flat casing that is 42% thinner than the wedge on the current Tablet S.

The Xperia tablet will be PlayStation certified, allowing it to play games downloaded from the PlayStation Store. It will also feature a new Guest Mode, allowing users to restrict some app access when letting others use the tablet.

The slides also detail a range of accessories for the tablet, including a folding cover with a built-in keyboard, charging cradle, docking stand, speaker and a carrying case.

Pricing is said to be $449.99 for the 16GB model, $549.99 for the 32GB model and $649.99 for the 64GB model.

The source who posted the marketing slides claims that Sony is planning to launch the Xperia tablet in September 2012."

http://www.digitalspy.com/tech/news/a397349/sony-quad-core-xperia-tablet-leaked-pictures.html

See ya folks on the next Sony Tablet Woot!!



Now THAT sounds sweet!

I'll be with you at that Woot!

vwoom


quality posts: 2 Private Messages vwoom
nanaejt wrote:I'm never wrong about these things



Well, Congrats to you & party on.

I'd rather "invest" the money saved.


edgarjauregui


quality posts: 0 Private Messages edgarjauregui

By the time that one goes on woot theres gonna be something better. Those who play the waiting game will always be waiting.

ozmandias wrote:Now THAT sounds sweet!

I'll be with you at that Woot!



ozmandias


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ozmandias
edgarjauregui wrote:By the time that one goes on woot theres gonna be something better. Those who play the waiting game will always be waiting.



Well, you got a point there. :-/

vwoom


quality posts: 2 Private Messages vwoom
edgarjauregui wrote:Those who play the waiting game will always be waiting.



It is also called "patience", and it happens to be..a virtue.


cmb42


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmb42

Wow. It finally sold out. Glad I got mine several hours ago.

1sock


quality posts: 0 Private Messages 1sock
dliidlii wrote:You can get a $10 inverter and just plug it into the DC outlet in your car.



Please show me where that is?

canswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages canswoot
cmb42 wrote:Wow. It finally sold out. Glad I got mine several hours ago.



somehow I'm glad it's sold out. I've been fighting my temptation all day long.

llnyrn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages llnyrn

SONY's been coming back into my life in major ways this year.

First The GrandFather (a SONY fan since I was a kid) plucks down earlier this year for a 32" BRAVIA. Then I get him the STR-DH100 Receiver for Father's Day after the YAMAHA one I gave him in the late 80s finally died.

I recently got myself the HT-CT150 Soundbar to compliment my 40" LCd (SANSUI. LOL) And the sound on this thing has been a revelation. This coming from a guy who had to step down from a massive home theater set-up.

And now I will have a SONY Tablet to follow suit. Looks like I'll be able to control my soundbar from it too.

I don't know if I should thank a friend for hitting me on to this deal. Or beat the HELL out of him when I fly out West later this year. Especially after I just finished paying off my credit card today.

Hell.
The last thing I saw on this site before I went to bed last night was that funky-looking DYSON vacuum cleaner.

mdgore


quality posts: 6 Private Messages mdgore

I missed the Dyson? NOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

When do we get to buy souls?

mizzpeaches


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mizzpeaches

Damn! Just as I convince myself to drop this much cash, it sells out. Better luck next time, I guess.

allastorm


quality posts: 2 Private Messages allastorm

I was debating this buy all day. I bought it shortly before it sold out. Damn you woot for making buying stuff on here so easy XD I hope I don't regret my purchase. Im a HUGE fan of Sony, as Ive had nothing but satisfaction with their products (Have a Bravia tv, PS3, Vaio high end laptop) so I am happy to check out their tablet Ive been wanting an iPad for a long time, but I can't justify the price. This is the perfect price, and although I didn't need it, it should satisfy my tablet urge for a while until I can afford an iPad

bbrahma


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bbrahma

Alas, I bought one at last moment. wd be my first Sony tablet. Hope I like it...

tygrys


quality posts: 1 Private Messages tygrys

I had one for about a year and love it. Paid full price for it, but hey..it was worth it.

Got a cheap leather case for it that folds over the screen..only thing that sucks is that cant really use the dock with the case but hey.

I{n regards to charging it, I charged it using my samsungs captivate charger, which is a micro usb..so it worked out well for me.

Great tablet, use it as me ebook reader mostly and I go through 2-3 books a week.

I actually think it takes better photos and videos then the new ipad..my sis has it and I compared the two side by side..my pics look better lol

contactnura


quality posts: 0 Private Messages contactnura

I ordered 2 of these at 4am yesterday morning. My credit card is charged. And in the evening I email woot guys to find out why my orders are not seen in account --- their reply -- "We cancelled you order for suspicious activity and if we did this by mistake - we apologize" . So they charge my card and cancel for suspicious activity. No refund yet. Promptly took my money. Who is suspicious here? My first and last transaction with WOOT.

gusvonpooch


quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch
contactnura wrote:I ordered 2 of these at 4am yesterday morning. My credit card is charged. And in the evening I email woot guys to find out why my orders are not seen in account --- their reply -- "We cancelled you order for suspicious activity and if we did this by mistake - we apologize" . So they charge my card and cancel for suspicious activity. No refund yet. Promptly took my money. Who is suspicious here? My first and last transaction with WOOT.



Are you sure the credit card company is not the one that blocked the transaction? I've had a problem twice with my card,no call or other contact from the cc company and when I called them they just said "We blocked it for your protection sorry,it's ok now ". Does your cc statement show the charge as "pending" if so it may be removed.