+ Add a Comment

benjamin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benjamin

Umm... Yeah. I mean the *current* iPad, not iPad2, of course. Resolution: 2048-by-1536.

mrln wrote:Umm, ipad2 display is 1024x768.

This is 1280x800 per the specs on woot. Should be able to do 720p.

Did you want a worse display? Or maybe you meant the current 3rd gen/new ipad, which is 2048x1536.

DJG

quality posts: 2 Private Messages DJG
canswoot wrote:somehow I'm glad it's sold out. I've been fighting my temptation all day long.

I buy now and then from Woot, and was scrolling through all the recent Woots - they are all tagged as "sold out" - is that legit, do they really sell out when marked sold out, are there ever any days when the result is "sale ended" without sold out?

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch
DJG wrote:I buy now and then from Woot, and was scrolling through all the recent Woots - they are all tagged as "sold out" - is that legit, do they really sell out when marked sold out, are there ever any days when the result is "sale ended" without sold out?

Think they tag it as "sold out" when it's really sold out but also when the deal expires.

daraymond2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daraymond2

bought this stuff yesterday and still waiting for it to be shipped.
does anybody have an idea how long it will take to ship? this is my first woot!

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch
dliidlii wrote:No problem. I DID slam techwoot for their recent offering of a 32" Haier 720P refurbished TV For $205. That was NOT a deal. However, I do respect Woot for even allowing these type of comments. I am not a big fan of new owners AMZ because of the way they treat sellers on their site.

I agree with most of what you said but I don't have any knowledge of how Amazon treats it's sellers.I like the much quicker delivery of Woot purchases since they got involved though.

kingjaymz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kingjaymz

Looking forward to ICS OS the USB port and sd mem card slot will be a nice change of pace from my ipad (3rd gen)

dartmar

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dartmar
1sock wrote:There is no Car charger made for this tablet. I bought 1 assuming there was. BAD NEWS.

just buy an inverter and use a regular cord, so much easier

roadmasta

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadmasta

Ordered 6am est and emailed them in the afternoon wondered if I can express ship this item. They responded no we have streamlined our shipping its to late to change your order. But today still no tracking number. Where's the Hotel?

TODD CONNOLLY

roadmasta

That was wut the uck

TODD CONNOLLY

rdyotz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rdyotz
roadmasta wrote:That was wut the uck

Pretty sure they only ship on weekdays...

Worst part about having a sweet product on a Friday, now I gotta wait longer till I get it

roadmasta

rdyotz wrote:Pretty sure they only ship on weekdays...

Worst part about having a sweet product on a Friday, now I gotta wait longer till I get it

Buying it for my wife, anniversary present but don't think it will come by Thursday.

TODD CONNOLLY

rdyotz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rdyotz
roadmasta wrote:Buying it for my wife, anniversary present but don't think it will come by Thursday.

I paid the extra $8 for delivery by Tuesday... I think it was $5 for Wednesday delivery... regular delivery was then either Thursday or Friday for me (Illinois), although that may change depending on location....I think all of Woot's deliveries come out of Dallas, so closer to there should be faster

aznintel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aznintel

Anyone know how much watts this tablet draw when charging? Just want to know so I can get the correct inverter. Don't want to over spent or get one that can't handle the watts usage.

RobWJack

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RobWJack
aznintel wrote:Anyone know how much watts this tablet draw when charging? Just want to know so I can get the correct inverter. Don't want to over spent or get one that can't handle the watts usage.

Don't have one already, though I bought one during the sale too.
I also didn't find the info in a cursory glance in the usual places, but some math helps here...

Specs show the tablet has a 5000mAh battery, and that it can fully charge in 5 hours.
"mah", for the uninitiated, is "milliamp-hours, so 5000mAh is the same as 5Ah (amp hours).
If the charger than fill a 5Ah battery in 5 hours, it's charging at 1A, plus any inefficiencies in the charger block, and the fact that the charge time probably takes into account the device being on at the time.

*ESTIMATES BASED ON ASSUMPTIONS AND PERHAPS FAULTY LOGIC*
So, let's say that the power block is only 50% efficient, and that you need to double the power to charge while it's on. 4A, let's call it 5, and it likely charges that built-in Li-Ion cell at around 4.2-5V. You're looking at around 25W

I'd make sure your inverter was good for several amps, but I'd imagine that nearly anything from rat-shack or the like would suffice. Most people buying 3-prong inverters are looking to power laptops with them, and this is certainly going to take up less juice than that.

simru12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages simru12

Bought one early in the morning and added Next Day delivery. Reply said they would send tracking number and post in my account. No E-mail, no number.

First time I've done next day. Is it reliable even though they didn't sending tracking info?

trouble4u2

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trouble4u2
sonyguy wrote:Hey there, I work at Sony on the Tablet. YES! You can absolutely get Netflix app from Google Play to use on Sony Tablet to access your Netflix account and watch films and tv shows in your queue.

Oh dear me now I still have 1 question. Do they sell something like a chain so I can hook this around my neck? I think I may sleep with it so I hope it doesn't snore or sleep walk. LOL

RobWJack

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RobWJack
simru12 wrote:Bought one early in the morning and added Next Day delivery. Reply said they would send tracking number and post in my account. No E-mail, no number.

First time I've done next day. Is it reliable even though they didn't sending tracking info?

Why would you have the info already?

The sale was on FRIDAY until midnight central time, and they don't ship on weekends. Give them the ONE business day to actually ship them out, which should be Monday, then you'll get it on Tuesday.

Honestly now...

trouble4u2

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trouble4u2
kennywjl wrote:why my credit card always denied? did some guys meet the same issue like me? I'm foreigner and use a mastercard.

I have never had a problem with my mastercard (I do live in the US), as a matter of fact I some how ordered 3 of these tablets when I only wanted one. Woot did remove 2 of them and I should get one tomorrow, crossing my fingers.

simru12

RobWJack wrote:Why would you have the info already?

The sale was on FRIDAY until midnight central time, and they don't ship on weekends. Give them the ONE business day to actually ship them out, which should be Monday, then you'll get it on Tuesday.

Honestly now...

Just checked order details again and it still says expected delivery of Monday August 6.

I just figured that for those that request Next Day, that they would ship some before the sale is actually over.

brianincbus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brianincbus
simru12 wrote:Just checked order details again and it still says expected delivery of Monday August 6.

I just figured that for those that request Next Day, that they would ship some before the sale is actually over.

I requested next day shipping and got the e-mail this morning that it had shipped and had a confirmation number. Not sure what it means for your order, if anything, but thought I'd share.

simru12

brianincbus wrote:I requested next day shipping and got the e-mail this morning that it had shipped and had a confirmation number. Not sure what it means for your order, if anything, but thought I'd share.

Thanks for letting me know. I just checked, and no e-mail yet. Maybe by tomorrow morning. All is well.

For Next Day, do they use UPS or FedEx?

aznintel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aznintel
RobWJack wrote:Don't have one already, though I bought one during the sale too.
I also didn't find the info in a cursory glance in the usual places, but some math helps here...

Specs show the tablet has a 5000mAh battery, and that it can fully charge in 5 hours.
"mah", for the uninitiated, is "milliamp-hours, so 5000mAh is the same as 5Ah (amp hours).
If the charger than fill a 5Ah battery in 5 hours, it's charging at 1A, plus any inefficiencies in the charger block, and the fact that the charge time probably takes into account the device being on at the time.

*ESTIMATES BASED ON ASSUMPTIONS AND PERHAPS FAULTY LOGIC*
So, let's say that the power block is only 50% efficient, and that you need to double the power to charge while it's on. 4A, let's call it 5, and it likely charges that built-in Li-Ion cell at around 4.2-5V. You're looking at around 25W

I'd make sure your inverter was good for several amps, but I'd imagine that nearly anything from rat-shack or the like would suffice. Most people buying 3-prong inverters are looking to power laptops with them, and this is certainly going to take up less juice than that.

Thanks for the info.

imsoraymond

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imsoraymond

Does anyone happen to know if Sony will be getting Jelly Bean to work with the Tablet S?

*cough* sonyguy *cough*

TIA.

imsoraymond

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imsoraymond

So. Waiting for an answer, I grew sort of impatient and took the liberty of asking Sony eSupport about the OS update.

I hope so.

stile99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stile99
roadmasta wrote:Buying it for my wife, anniversary present but don't think it will come by Thursday.

That's what she said.

dartmar

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dartmar

11:50 EDT Sunday night, I have received an e-mail saying it has shipped and here's your tracking number. Go to the USPS site, says "Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site. A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office." I need to be the one to get the mail...I still haven't told hubby.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dartmar wrote:11:50 EDT Sunday night, I have received an e-mail saying it has shipped and here's your tracking number. Go to the USPS site, says "Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site. A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office." I need to be the one to get the mail...I still haven't told hubby.

Give it until mid-day today to see if it updates. It may take a bit for it to get scanned into their system.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jackash

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jackash
dartmar wrote:11:50 EDT Sunday night, I have received an e-mail saying it has shipped and here's your tracking number. Go to the USPS site, says "Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site. A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office." I need to be the one to get the mail...I still haven't told hubby.

I'm betting we'll have these delivered before the USPS tracking shows anything. I've never had any luck with their worthless tracking system. I wish Woot would use UPS or FedEx. I paid to have it delivered today but I'm not holding my breathe.

simru12

simru12 wrote:Thanks for letting me know. I just checked, and no e-mail yet. Maybe by tomorrow morning. All is well.

E-Mail received 10:53pm Sunday with tracking number. UPS Site says it's on the truck for delivery. YAY!

(Shipped from Indianapolis, FYI for those in the Midwest)

brianincbus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brianincbus
simru12 wrote:Thanks for letting me know. I just checked, and no e-mail yet. Maybe by tomorrow morning. All is well.

UPS

borthcollective

quality posts: 0 Private Messages borthcollective
brianincbus wrote:UPS

I just got my cradle delivered by UPS, but no tablet. I still don't have tracking info.

teh215

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teh215
borthcollective wrote:I just got my cradle delivered by UPS, but no tablet. I still don't have tracking info.

I got two tracking numbers, UPS and USPS. Looks like the tablet itself will be coming by USPS. God help us.

borthcollective

quality posts: 0 Private Messages borthcollective
teh215 wrote:I got two tracking numbers, UPS and USPS. Looks like the tablet itself will be coming by USPS. God help us.

Well USPS has come and gone today so if it was suppose to come via them, my next day shipping has not been fulfilled.

binksterguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages binksterguy

This cable is on sale for $.69. Should it work with this tablet?

http://www.amazon.com/T-Flash-Adapter-Samsung-GT-i9100-GT-N7000/dp/B005FUNYSA/ref=sr_1_1?s=mobile&ie=UTF8&qid=1344269844&sr=1-1&keywords=USB_MIC-OTG

monam33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monam33

2 tracking numbers.....
Cradle just arrived postal mail......damn! I want the tablet! We'll see what happens.

simru12

teh215 wrote:I got two tracking numbers, UPS and USPS. Looks like the tablet itself will be coming by USPS. God help us.

That explains it. I got two tracking numbers as well. Both UPS. Smaller weight pacakage (I assume the cradle) was shipped Friday, one-day shipping. The second package says that on Sunday night, it was changed from delivery on Tuesday, to Monday.

Both say on the truck for Delivery.

We shall see.... UPS usually comes around 2:30.

jackash

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jackash
simru12 wrote:That explains it. I got two tracking numbers as well. Both UPS. Smaller weight pacakage (I assume the cradle) was shipped Friday, one-day shipping. The second package says that on Sunday night, it was changed from delivery on Tuesday, to Monday.

Both say on the truck for Delivery.

We shall see.... UPS usually comes around 2:30.

At least you got tracking numbers. More than I can say.

kazacoff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kazacoff

I ordered next day shipping and received the cradle today with no tablet. I only have one Fedex tracking number which it says is now delivered. I hope the tablet comes tomorrow......

coastieretired

quality posts: 2 Private Messages coastieretired

Priceplunge has the Targus A7 slipcover for $2.99 today only. The Sony tablet fits nicely. Its also listed in dealswoot.

http://www.priceplunge.com/?ai=5973

Tablet tip. . .Buff a little RainX windshield treatment on your tablet to keep fingerprints and scratches at bay.

BillSzk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BillSzk
rdyotz wrote:I paid the extra $8 for delivery by Tuesday... I think it was $5 for Wednesday delivery... regular delivery was then either Thursday or Friday for me (Illinois), although that may change depending on location....I think all of Woot's deliveries come out of Dallas, so closer to there should be faster

Mine being shipped from Allentown....Pa???

Bill