3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
LG 47" or 55" 1080p 120Hz LED HDTV
$499.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

khkhkatie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages khkhkatie

I"ll take one of each!

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan

I'd like to be watching THIS

on today's woot.

DBeck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DBeck

Good deal or bad deal?

impaul4

quality posts: 8 Private Messages impaul4

Wow, this is a steal. Now I don't have any more excuses to not buy a TV for the living room to start my Insanity workout.

craig616

quality posts: 5 Private Messages craig616

Just a warning to someone looking for a 120hz TV. The way LG advertises is 120hz TrueMotion, this is NOT a 120hz TV it is a 60hz with LG's crappy TrueMotion. I bought one of these and I had to call LG to see why it was always 60hz, after heated conversation the rep finally admitted it is only 60hz. Just FYI with my past experience. I am no way saying this is not a good TV, I love LG tv's.

mothmanex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mothmanex

Doesn't say the model, but seems to be the 47LV4400. I bought the 47" new and died 2 months later. After using google it seems that a lot of these tvs die in 2 or 3 months thanks to a faulty main board and power supply.

impaul4

mothmanex wrote:Doesn't say the model, but seems to be the 47LV4400. I bought the 47" new and died 2 months later. After using google it seems that a lot of these tvs die in 2 or 3 months thanks to a faulty main board and power supply.

Maybe since these are refurbs they are repaired with a better main board than what originally came with it?

alysseumwarrior

quality posts: 13 Private Messages alysseumwarrior

Anybody have any idea how this price compares with the 3D version when woot offered that last?

Wireball

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wireball

The 47" model weighs 12 pounds less than the 55" model, which might affect how quickly you can flee from the robots in the post-apocalyptic wasteland, TV in tow.

turtlemonkeys

quality posts: 1 Private Messages turtlemonkeys
wootvan wrote:I'd like to be watching THIS

on today's woot.

I'm definitely using AirPlay on mountain lion to watch this curiosity landing on my 51" Samsung plasma pn51d7000! Looks awesome! And very tempted by this woot even though I definitely shouldn't be.

jeremiahj

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jeremiahj

In case any fellow Wooters are nervous about such a large purchase with Woot, I suggest you review the last time this went up for sale (be very nervous):

http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5084911

Basically the story is that the packaging and shipping of the previous run of these went completely sideways (no protection at all, broken screens, damaged or missing parts, no shipping data for a week and delays in shipping because of a second rate carrier). In my opinion (and others as shared in the thread linked above) Woot has not done enough to address the issue(s). My brother-in-law was going to pull the trigger on this one, but I convinced him not to as a matter of principal from the last time. It's only one customer and one transaction -- but it's all I can do to feel any justice since Woot staff went silent on us in the other thread.

tl;dr Woot didn't do very good on the last time they sold LG LED refurbs. Customers are still waiting for resolution. Be afraid, this is not the same Woot many of us fell in love with so long ago.

StatiK

quality posts: 2 Private Messages StatiK
turtlemonkeys wrote:I'm definitely using AirPlay on mountain lion to watch this curiosity landing on my 51" Samsung plasma pn51d7000! Looks awesome! And very tempted by this woot even though I definitely shouldn't be.

Why not just tune in to NASA channel?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 541 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

A short message from the buyer in regards to the shipping of these LGs:

We’ve noticed that during the last round of LG LED TV’s we offered recently that several customers had some issues and the packaging was not as secure as we assumed or as it should have been. Because of this, there were some of you who received a damaged TV and we’re truly sorry for this. We always strive to make sure we are getting the best deals AND the best value for you, and will continue to do so, but sometimes we run into some unforeseen issues. Fortunately, if you did receive a damaged TV, you were able to resolve it through the manufacturer LG or with Woot CS. This certainly was not a widespread issue and the majority of you received working units and you were (hopefully) happy with your purchase. However, one unhappy customer is one too many.

For this sale, we worked directly with the vendor to improve the internal and external packaging of both models, so that we could minimize or eliminate any damaged TV’s arriving at your door. Of course, no amount of packaging can 100% guarantee that there won’t be damages, but we are confident that with the improvements made, you will be pleased with your purchase. Please keep in mind that these are factory refurbished TV’s, so they may not be cosmetically perfect, but if the TV is clearly damaged or defective, please contact either LG customer support (TV comes with 90 day manufacturer warranty, contact information will be included with your TV) or Woot at service@woot.com.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

flashbeezy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages flashbeezy

Curse you woot!

Pay day for me is Tuesday!

I want another 55"

I missed this deal the least time too!

impaul4

craig616 wrote:Just a warning to someone looking for a 120hz TV. The way LG advertises is 120hz TrueMotion, this is NOT a 120hz TV it is a 60hz with LG's crappy TrueMotion. I bought one of these and I had to call LG to see why it was always 60hz, after heated conversation the rep finally admitted it is only 60hz. Just FYI with my past experience. I am no way saying this is not a good TV, I love LG tv's.

I like the trumotion. Although technically it is 60hz LG's trumotion adds a blank screen between each refresh giving it the 120hz rating. It helps control the motion blur associated with TV's with high refresh rates.

So although you are correct that it is 60hz, the trumotion and blank screen insert gives it the appearance of a 120hz system without the motion blur of a an actual 120hz system found in some.

ThunderThighs

Staff

craig616 wrote:Just a warning to someone looking for a 120hz TV. The way LG advertises is 120hz TrueMotion, this is NOT a 120hz TV it is a 60hz with LG's crappy TrueMotion. I bought one of these and I had to call LG to see why it was always 60hz, after heated conversation the rep finally admitted it is only 60hz. Just FYI with my past experience. I am no way saying this is not a good TV, I love LG tv's.

impaul4 wrote:I like the trumotion. Although technically it is 60hz LG's trumotion adds a blank screen between each refresh giving it the 120hz rating. It helps control the motion blur associated with TV's with high refresh rates.

So although you are correct that it is 60hz, the trumotion and blank screen insert gives it the appearance of a 120hz system without the motion blur of a an actual 120hz system found in some.

We didn't want to misrepresent the TV and checked some other sources. We've removed the reference to a refresh rate of 120Hz as it does seem that it is a TruMotion Frame Rate of 120Hz.

I'm no expert on this so holler out if you have questions and I bet some wooters can fill you in.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Here is the Owners manual, Good for 47 and 55 TV's

As always uploaded to google docs for easy viewing

zxinfinity

quality posts: 18 Private Messages zxinfinity

In addition to the extremely poor packaging, the company that did the last round of refurbishing did not seem to give a rat's behind about the quality of product they were selling. Many reported missing parts, screws, cables, manuals, etc.

Personally, I only just today found that the reason my base was so wobbly was because they didn't install all the screws on the base, and some of the screws were completely rounded off. Fortunately I have the tools to be able to handle removing them. Beware of these LG refurbs. The promise of better packaging isn't likely going to solve the other problems (i.e. quality control, shipment notifications).

khadaji

quality posts: 4 Private Messages khadaji
jeremiahj wrote:In case any fellow Wooters are nervous about such a large purchase with Woot, I suggest you review the last time this went up for sale (be very nervous):

Basically the story is that the packaging and shipping of the previous run of these went completely sideways (no protection at all, broken screens, damaged or missing parts, no shipping data for a week and delays in shipping because of a second rate carrier). In my opinion (and others as shared in the thread linked above) Woot has not done enough to address the issue(s). My brother-in-law was going to pull the trigger on this one, but I convinced him not to as a matter of principal from the last time. It's only one customer and one transaction -- but it's all I can do to feel any justice since Woot staff went silent on us in the other thread.

tl;dr Woot didn't do very good on the last time they sold LG LED refurbs. Customers are still waiting for resolution. Be afraid, this is not the same Woot many of us fell in love with so long ago.

Yeah, my order was packed like crap and missing the glasses, and Woot's reply was,essentially, "not our problem". Even now it won't connect to the Plex server- making me think there may be even more issues afoot.

candacerr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages candacerr

WOW.... yet another item i wanted to buy, but now will not. Thank you guys for being truthful and saving some of us poor working stiffs our hard earned money. In my mind shabby service like you guys described is tantamount to stealing!

ThunderThighs

Staff

khadaji wrote:Yeah, my order was packed like crap and missing the glasses, and Woot's reply was,essentially, "not our problem". Even now it won't connect to the Plex server- making me think there may be even more issues afoot.

We do not carry spare parts for these TVs or any products (same of any retailer). The reports I've seen show that LG has been very good at working with customers to get them the missing parts. If you have trouble working with LG, please let service@woot.com know so they can assist.

freak6148

quality posts: 4 Private Messages freak6148

Is Woot ever going to list 60" or bigger? I already have the Vizio 47" but if I upgrade, I want to at least go up to a 60".

ThunderThighs

Staff

freak6148 wrote:Is Woot ever going to list 60" or bigger? I already have the Vizio 47" but if I upgrade, I want to at least go up to a 60".

We did a couple weeks ago.

Ubie

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Ubie

Hey, just throwing it out there, but NASA just parked a science lab on the surface of Mars almost the size of my car. Science, it works!

ckoz1187

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ckoz1187

Another warning... LED TV's sometime have a lag time if you are playing video games. Look into it if you plan on using this television for gaming at all. It caused me to return one already.

drunkenalien

quality posts: 46 Private Messages drunkenalien
impaul4 wrote:Maybe since these are refurbs they are repaired with a better main board than what originally came with it?

The question is... Would you gamble $500 or $800 on Maybe?

or do you..

"Just Call me Maybe"

poorhungrydoctor

quality posts: 7 Private Messages poorhungrydoctor
jeremiahj wrote:In case any fellow Wooters are nervous about such a large purchase with Woot, I suggest you review the last time this went up for sale (be very nervous):

Thanks for the honest warning. I'm always trying to jump on the TV deals at Woot, only to be confronted with horror stories regarding shipping and handling of these high price tag items.

The irony is that Amazon has one of the most excellent return policies and competitive pricing scheme. I thought Woot was now an Amazon subsidiary; it's a pity that the same excellent coverage is not available.

nivramj

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nivramj

It is 120hz; truemotion copensates for things that are only 60hz.

Bought this back in December for $900 off amazon. To say that I am a happy camper is an understatement.

Also, it is worth noting that I have been a wooter for YEARS and bought many, MANY things across the sites - and this is the first that I have chimed in on. This TV will make you happy.

And if it doesn't, I'll give you a dollar... or a cookie. Or something.

netmaster911

quality posts: 1 Private Messages netmaster911

I jumped in last LG LED smart TV deal as well. The TV was packaged like crap but the TV works though. I always suspect there's something wrong with the tv, for example, you will heard some cracking noise after you power it off... I was wondering if there was any chance the TV was damaged during shipping.. I had drop another $99 and purchased extended warranty.. it turns out Woot did not save as much as I thought. I suggest you buy one from Costco with free 2 years warranty instead.. you have been warned.

The other downside about LG refurb is that LG is no longer offer refurb extended warranty (which was $80 for 2 years via LG website directly). You have to buy warranty from squaretrade or dtvexpress or something, they are expansive..

Boxymoron

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Boxymoron
CowboyDann wrote: Here is the Owners manual, Good for 47 and 55 TV's

As always uploaded to google docs for easy viewing

I half expect you to have as many woots as you do quality posts.

Holysin

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Holysin

It's worth noting that the current deal of the day @ best buy is a Dynex 40" LCD 1080p set (new) for 299.99 with free shipping. Mind you it's not a LG, not 120hz, but it's also < $300 new.

I quite like my LG 3d Bluray player as it lets me stream mkv and avis across the network, in theory this tv will also do that in addition to netflix and amazon VOD. If the 3 month warranty doesn't bother you (or you want to pay for the warranty service) I'd opt for the LG, but if you just need a cheap TV the best buy deal might be worth looking at. (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Misc/Deal-of-the-Day/pcmcat248000050016.c?id=pcmcat248000050016)

flashbeezy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages flashbeezy
ckoz1187 wrote:Another warning... LED TV's sometime have a lag time if you are playing video games. Look into it if you plan on using this television for gaming at all. It caused me to return one already.

Meh, all in the setup and calibration.

D300

quality posts: 1 Private Messages D300

I will have to be assured of the model number, and I can not find the power consumption on watts, very important, as I am stand alone solar.

ThunderThighs

Staff

D300 wrote:I will have to be assured of the model number, and I can not find the power consumption on watts, very important, as I am stand alone solar.

Model numbers are on the size dropdown and the photos. They are:

47" 47LV4400
55" 55LV4400

Hope that helps!

houstong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages houstong

I made the mistake of buying one of the 3D LGs from the last woot sale. Took two weeks to arrive, never got tracking info, ended up dealing with a random private shipper who requires you to be home during a 5 hour window (and was still an hour late), and then, to top it off, it wasn't even the TV I ordered - not even one that woot was selling, just some random LG TV. Still waiting for the replacement, it's now been over a month... Woot customer service was/is MIA and actually, rude about everything... and not just to me, to the dozens of others who had a problem. I would never, ever buy a TV from woot again, if there's a problem, you're on your own.

Just go and read the message board from that last sale - there are literally hundreds of messages from frustrated buyers.

flavoice

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flavoice

Never post but I wanted to chime in here and thank all the posters who shared previous experiences and the thread from the last LG sale.

Stopped me from making the purchase. Doesn't sound like Woot is the place to purchase big ticket TV items from.

I can appreciate the email from the Woot customer service agent and promises to do better in the future, but the bottom line is Woot is the seller and SHOULD TAKE OWNERSHIP ALL THE WAY FROM SELLER TO BUYER, regardless of 3rd parties involved.

It sounds like they were less than helpful last time and pulled the old, it's not us, it's them BS line that retailers will use when they don't control the entire supply chain.

If your not going to take ownership all the way through, then don't sell the product to begin with!

dmylrea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmylrea
D300 wrote:I will have to be assured of the model number, and I can not find the power consumption on watts, very important, as I am stand alone solar.

I think this is what you are looking for.

http://i.walmart.com/i/rb/0071919258209.pdf