cjones105

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjones105

Would grab if I hadnt bought a 52 led westinghouse at costco back in January for 499...before discovering woot!

GreatJorge

quality posts: 32 Private Messages GreatJorge

A review from Walmart customers on the 55 in model:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/LG-55-Class-LED-LCD-1080p-120Hz-HDTV-55LV4400/17242526?page=seeAllReviews

pieftw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pieftw
flashbeezy wrote:Curse you woot!

Pay day for me is Tuesday!

I want another 55"

I missed this deal the least time too!

Doesn't sound like you need another TV if this is how you are living.

Smeagol150

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Smeagol150

Worked at a Best Buy, this TV was the #1 return last year.

sdasmah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sdasmah

i bought this TV from Bestbuy about 5 months ago, i returned it 3 days later.

the Picture was NOT GOOD, i would recommend this TV for retail space so it can show static images for most of the time.

the SPecs are fantastic (thats why i bought it) but the end result was NOT GOOD.
list of issues:

1. Motion Blur
2. un natural colors
3. no color adjustment controls, only 3-4 factory presets
4. horrible speakers

the goods
1. its LED
2. its skinny
3. its light

ikickedagirl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ikickedagirl

The LV4400 was a series made strictly for Black Friday '11. When you get it, you'll think something is wrong with the sound, but no, that's just the way it's made. The panel isn't even made by LG, and it hardly even looks 1080p. It sold brand new for the same price you see the refurb being sold right now. It was just something they cheaply through together for Black Friday. Call LG, they'll tell you.

hiwhatsupnothing

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hiwhatsupnothing

pamipa

quality posts: 6 Private Messages pamipa
dmylrea wrote:I think this is what you are looking for.

http://i.walmart.com/i/rb/0071919258209.pdf

Haha!! That's awesome! Less than $1.50 per month! Now... if I could only get my fridge to cost that little to run.

I fix computers remotely! I am the PCFixerGuy. I buy far too many woots. *hint hint*

escalante

quality posts: 8 Private Messages escalante
D300 wrote:I will have to be assured of the model number, and I can not find the power consumption on watts, very important, as I am stand alone solar.

Very important to me also, not sure why this info is always so hard to find. The model number of the 55" is 55LV4400 and has an annual usage of 163 Kw per year (this is at 5 hours a day for 1 year (per energystar.gov)).

This works out to about 89 watts power consumption which is VERY good. I purchased a 55" LCD TV 2 years ago because it was rated at 155 watts which at that time was almost unheard of (most plasmas at this time were 400+ watts).

Also this TV only weighs 52 pounds, nice!

monkeyXplosion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeyXplosion
nivramj wrote:It is 120hz; truemotion copensates for things that are only 60hz.

Bought this back in December for $900 off amazon. To say that I am a happy camper is an understatement.

Also, it is worth noting that I have been a wooter for YEARS and bought many, MANY things across the sites - and this is the first that I have chimed in on. This TV will make you happy.

And if it doesn't, I'll give you a dollar... or a cookie. Or something.

Does either unit have the holes for stand/wall mount?

tmb931

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tmb931

I have the 47 inch model of this. Very good TV. I have had no issues. I play video games on it all the time with no lag.

impaul4

quality posts: 8 Private Messages impaul4
drunkenalien wrote:The question is... Would you gamble $500 or $800 on Maybe?

or do you..

"Just Call me Maybe"

Hey there, I just met you and this is crazy.

eigenstates

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eigenstates
jeremiahj wrote: Be afraid, this is not the same Woot many of us fell in love with so long ago.

I don't know if afraid is the right word but after a few years (under different usernames) I've seen far too much of a decrease in quality of items offered. I think I am done with Woot. Sorry.

dougwithau

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dougwithau

I bought a similar model, the 47" in 2011. Luckily there were no packaging problems as others have mentioned.
The TV is nice, picture is bright and clear, no problems getting antenna stations.
My one complaint is the speakers. The speakers are small and sound very tinny. This was the extra TV in the bedroom, so no big stereo. I got a ZVOX sound bar that works great.

cosmicac

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cosmicac

I was one of the very lucky ones, and there were many, that received a damage TV. A word of warning if you received a damaged TV on this sale, don't bother emailing Marsha or trying to file a Damaged Call Tag with Fedex. It's a waste of time! Contact Woot and demand a return shipping label and that will solve most of your problems. You have been warned.

cubdawg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cubdawg

Was in the market for one of each. Combination of comments, plus my first brush with woot! customer (dis)service puts me on the sideline.

zoopet

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zoopet

Why is Future Me a man? Do you know something I don't, Woot?

clarkbre2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clarkbre2000

Can you get an extended warranty for it?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

monkeyXplosion wrote:Does either unit have the holes for stand/wall mount?

Great question. I see we omitted that from the specs.

It's been added now.

Both TVs are VESA mount 400x400.

Hope that helps!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

clarkbre2000 wrote:Can you get an extended warranty for it?

Woot doesn't sell extended warranties. We usually link to SquareTrade but we've got a hitch in our system that won't let us do that when we have 2 different items for sale.

There are other companies that offer extended warranties as well. Perhaps some wooters could speak to a couple of them.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jackedwa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jackedwa

This is my first woot purchase-a little nervous. Somebody tell me what a good decision I made

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
jackedwa wrote:This is my first woot purchase-a little nervous. Somebody tell me what a good decision I made

You did just fine. In the event of any issues (not that we're expecting any but hey sometimes stuff happens), keep service@woot.com handy in your mind.

I'm just hanging out, really.

chipgreen

quality posts: 178 Private Messages chipgreen
Ubie wrote:Hey, just throwing it out there, but NASA just parked a science lab on the surface of Mars almost the size of my car. Science, it works!

Republican leaders announced today that items have landed on Mars throughout history and will continue to do so. Furthermore, they deny that the actions of mankind have anything to do with it, calling NASA's claims just another example of "junk science".

fightingpillow

quality posts: 5 Private Messages fightingpillow

Purchased a 42" LG LED 1080p television. The picture quality has been superb, not just for the price. I haven't had volume problems, despite the thinness of the television (it gets plenty loud enough). Performs perfectly with my XBOX 360 running games, netflix, amazon, or streaming from my pc. So far, so good.

mcrabb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcrabb
impaul4 wrote:Maybe since these are refurbs they are repaired with a better main board than what originally came with it?

I bought the 42" version last Black Friday and it's awesome. It died after 6 months, apparently a quality-control issue with the I/O chip on the main board. It was still under warranty, the guy came out and replaced the chip and it's worked flawlessly ever since. I would hazard a guess that this is why these are refurbished. If so, I paid $500 for the 42, which makes the 55 a steal.

ksommers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ksommers

We should all just calm down and buy a TV once in a while like I just did. FIFTY FIVE. We're all going to be ok.

mevande

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mevande

300.00 more for 8 extra inches? I guess size does cost more

Hickeroar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hickeroar
ckoz1187 wrote:Another warning... LED TV's sometime have a lag time if you are playing video games. Look into it if you plan on using this television for gaming at all. It caused me to return one already.

Not exactly. Being an LED tv wouldn't mean anything anyway. It's just using LEDs vs cold cathode's for the backlight.

The lag comes from using HDMI, and whatever the TV is doing with the signal before displaying it. It's usually only a ~100ms lag, but that's a big deal if you're trying to use the mouse.

The solution is to use a VGA or DVI (direct, not HDMI conversion) cable to connect to the TV instead. I've done this and it solved the problem for me.

elipsoidal500

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elipsoidal500

I always read everything when a cheap LED TV comes up for sale. The term LED is used in an incorrect fashion in this case. As stated in the specs this TV uses LED to back light an LCD panel. meaning it is a LCD panel with LED back lights instead of CCFL. A tru LED TV has a 100% LED panel with no back light. This TV is ok for standard TV usage for someone who really doesn't care about what is in their TV or how it works. I would hold off for some thing that is actually 120Hz O wait the human eye can't even tell the difference from about 70Hz and up. I guess I will stick with my 3 year old Sanyo 52" 60Hz out of box Walmart off demo TV. Go Woot!

JUICEDCOUPE

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JUICEDCOUPE

I bought this at best buy in Jan. Took it back. Tv had the worst motion blur I'd ever seen.

amorphousalias

quality posts: 5 Private Messages amorphousalias
jeremiahj wrote:In case any fellow Wooters are nervous about such a large purchase with Woot, I suggest you review the last time this went up for sale (be very nervous):

Yeah, not to bash woot, because they do their best to take the return, but it only took one TV for me to be shy about this. the big problem, in my opinion, is the return shipping. I would rather pay 10 bucks to ship to me and have lower return shipping worked out with woot because SHIPPING A TV IS EXPENSIVE!

jarrettsburg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jarrettsburg

Woot! When will you bring back the LG 3D TV?

jclayson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jclayson
elipsoidal500 wrote:I always read everything when a cheap LED TV comes up for sale. The term LED is used in an incorrect fashion in this case. As stated in the specs this TV uses LED to back light an LCD panel. meaning it is a LCD panel with LED back lights instead of CCFL. A tru LED TV has a 100% LED panel with no back light. This TV is ok for standard TV usage for someone who really doesn't care about what is in their TV or how it works. I would hold off for some thing that is actually 120Hz O wait the human eye can't even tell the difference from about 70Hz and up. I guess I will stick with my 3 year old Sanyo 52" 60Hz out of box Walmart off demo TV. Go Woot!

Just for clarification, there are other reasons to have a refresh rate higher than 70Hz. For example, most TVs require at least a 240Hz refresh rate in order to display 3D. Also, there is an incredible difference in watching "live action" programming (i.e. sports) on a 120Hz television compared to a 60Hz, hence the term "TruMotion."

That being said, 500 bucks for a 120Hz television this size isn't a bad deal. Just be warned that the prices on LED back-lit televisions are getting cheaper and cheaper everyday.

worldwidewebfeet

quality posts: 33 Private Messages worldwidewebfeet
jackedwa wrote:This is my first woot purchase-a little nervous. Somebody tell me what a good decision I made

I would be EXTREMELY nervous, Woot has jumped the shark, alot of refurbs with alot of problems. These LG tv's, the Toshiba Thrive tablets, the Sharp notPortable AC units just to name a few. But most importantly Woot passes the buck and doesn't honor their own warranties.

amorphousalias

quality posts: 5 Private Messages amorphousalias

Set it up immediately and use it in as many ways as you can manage for long periods of time. maybe even leave it on one night. If it lasts a week or so of rough (ab)use, you should be fine.

I don't think that whether or not it will actually WORK is as much as a gamble as it seems. The real issue is returning a broken tv. To that end, keep ALL of the packaging in good condition until to warranty is up. If you have to send it back, that will help with the cost of shipping. it will still cost a boatload, but much less than if UPS or some such repackages for you.

Hopefully it is great and you don't need to return it!

gleemer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gleemer

The product is what it is, (in this case a large refurbished TV with wildly differing reviews), but service@woot.com has always been helpful to me: refunds, repairs (by manufacturer, of course), cancellations, etc.

eberjohn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eberjohn

I have been visiting this site for quite some time now, but this is my first purchase. I can admit, i am a little nervous from some of the reviews that I have seen, but at this point it is what it is. I do have a couple of questions that maybe some of you can help me with.

1. If (god forbid)there is some sort of problem with the TV does woot take returns?
2. Is it possible to purchase an extended warranty for this TV?
3. How long does it generally take to receive this type of shipment?

craig616

quality posts: 5 Private Messages craig616
impaul4 wrote:I like the trumotion. Although technically it is 60hz LG's trumotion adds a blank screen between each refresh giving it the 120hz rating. It helps control the motion blur associated with TV's with high refresh rates.

So although you are correct that it is 60hz, the trumotion and blank screen insert gives it the appearance of a 120hz system without the motion blur of a an actual 120hz system found in some.

Yes I know I am.
I now have a Panasonic that is amazing with a Motion of 360

ThunderThighs

Staff

eberjohn wrote:I have been visiting this site for quite some time now, but this is my first purchase. I can admit, i am a little nervous from some of the reviews that I have seen, but at this point it is what it is. I do have a couple of questions that maybe some of you can help me with.

1. If (god forbid)there is some sort of problem with the TV does woot take returns?
2. Is it possible to purchase an extended warranty for this TV?
3. How long does it generally take to receive this type of shipment?

If the TV is damaged or doesn't work out of the box, contact service@woot.com and they'll help you out.

There are various companies that sell extended warranties. We usually link to SquareTrade but there's a hitch in our system that we can't do that when we offer multiple items in one sale. There are other companies as well.

The 47" will be shipped FedEx Ground. The 55" is being shipped by a shipping company (don't know which one off hand). Allow 5 business days for processing and shipping, then delivery time.

cyborg23

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cyborg23

just got mine, which i totally didn't expect, cause i was never told that it shipped, the status is still awaiting shipping, but anyways, the packing was fine, unlike the horror stories i read from last time, there was a box in a box, actually, a big foam around each of the top corners, some bubble wraps at the bottom, i took the tv and the stand out, screwed the tv to the stand, plugged in power cable, and was good to go, the only disappointment is that there were no batteries for the remote, so i had to steal them from the remote for my old tv, been watching the tv for several hours now, everything seems fine