ThunderThighs


quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cyborg23 wrote:just got mine, which i totally didn't expect, cause i was never told that it shipped, the status is still awaiting shipping, but anyways, the packing was fine, unlike the horror stories i read from last time, there was a box in a box, actually, a big foam around each of the top corners, some bubble wraps at the bottom, i took the tv and the stand out, screwed the tv to the stand, plugged in power cable, and was good to go, the only disappointment is that there were no batteries for the remote, so i had to steal them from the remote for my old tv, been watching the tv for several hours now, everything seems fine



Glad it got there all safe and sound.

FWIW, batteries are often not included in refurbished product. Batteries weren't listed as included for this item.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

WalterTangoFoxtrot


quality posts: 1 Private Messages WalterTangoFoxtrot
ThunderThighs wrote:Glad it got there all safe and sound.

FWIW, batteries are often not included in refurbished product. Batteries weren't listed as included for this item.



This whole "no Shipping information" is totally F-ing with my impulse buy mentality. If I can't watch this thing progress across the country, and may have to wait until Monday for some random fly by night shipping company to pick up the TV, I may contact CS and cancel this order before it ships.

Also, I don't know what anyone else here does for a living, but I work. I don't exactly have time to sit on my thumb waiting for a TV to show up, that may or may not appear on the day of shipment, in a 5 to 30 hour window.

Additionally, this is the second order that has been sitting in the "Awaiting Shipping" section for a week, with no expected shipping date in the foreseeable future.

I suppose my biggest fear is that by the time this thing gets here, people won't even be watching TV on a screen anymore, it'll be something you jack into the side of your head, and although my shiney new refurbished 55 inch TV will be pretty nice, it will also be busted, with no way for me to return it. ( I drive a jeep, so dropping this off at a shipping depot somewhere won't exactly be an option)

Seriously woot, the first 200 items I bought arrived without any problems. half of the last 40 items I've bought seem to be shipped in the colon of an unsuspecting coke mule, by way of overland donkey, via route 66.

I already won't buy your s---ty 3rd world sweatshop shirts anymore, do I need to just hole up, and Quit shopping here at GearXS err I mean Woot?

eberjohn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages eberjohn
ThunderThighs wrote:If the TV is damaged or doesn't work out of the box, contact service@woot.com and they'll help you out.

There are various companies that sell extended warranties. We usually link to SquareTrade but there's a hitch in our system that we can't do that when we offer multiple items in one sale. There are other companies as well.

The 47" will be shipped FedEx Ground. The 55" is being shipped by a shipping company (don't know which one off hand). Allow 5 business days for processing and shipping, then delivery time.



Hey i was wondering if the shipping company was known yet for the 55in TV's? I saw that some people have received there shipment already without the shipping detail being updated on the site, or receiving an email. Is there any update on the status of our purchases?

porterfieldtim


quality posts: 0 Private Messages porterfieldtim
eberjohn wrote:Hey i was wondering if the shipping company was known yet for the 55in TV's? I saw that some people have received there shipment already without the shipping detail being updated on the site, or receiving an email. Is there any update on the status of our purchases?



It's a lot of money to spend on an item to not get a single update on the status of the item. Would like to know the status myself

WalterTangoFoxtrot


quality posts: 1 Private Messages WalterTangoFoxtrot
eberjohn wrote:Hey i was wondering if the shipping company was known yet for the 55in TV's? I saw that some people have received there shipment already without the shipping detail being updated on the site, or receiving an email. Is there any update on the status of our purchases?



I contacted Customer service to cancel my order that isn't ever going to ship, and was notified it had already shipped Via Seko... the same company that trashed out the last run of TV's from mid-july. Also, they told me it couldn't be cancelled because it already shipped.

According to SEKO, they have not picked it up. According to Woot, they haven't shipped it.

Oddly enough, paypal says they took my money and Ran... Of course, I could dispute the charges on paypal, and solve this problem myself...

I reckon this means I'm done buying s--t from woot.


porterfieldtim wrote:It's a lot of money to spend on an item to not get a single update on the status of the item. Would like to know the status myself



unfortunatly, if you want an update, you're going to have to go searching for it, and you probably won't like what you find.

kkshields


quality posts: 14 Private Messages kkshields

Sorry for the notification delays on these. The 55" models are likely shipping via SEKO. Here is the tracking link for SEKO:

http://www.sekologistics.com/home/track.aspx

Your tracking number should be: WT and then your 8-digit order number

Please let us know if you have any issues or questions.

porterfieldtim


quality posts: 0 Private Messages porterfieldtim
kkshields wrote:Sorry for the notification delays on these. The 55" models are likely shipping via SEKO. Here is the tracking link for SEKO:

http://www.sekologistics.com/home/track.aspx

Your tracking number should be: WT and then your 8-digit order number

Please let us know if you have any issues or questions.



Thank you for this information! A little obsessive tracking goes a long ways towards keeping my worries low.

porterfieldtim


quality posts: 0 Private Messages porterfieldtim


Trying to stay positive until it shows up. Will see what condition it is in then.

eberjohn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages eberjohn
porterfieldtim wrote:Trying to stay positive until it shows up. Will see what condition it is in then.



I'm with you! Im patiently waiting to see what comes. I contacted the shipping company and they say mine should be here tomorrow. Hopefully all goes well and i can update you with the condition tomorrow. So far i do have to say, everyone has been pretty easy to contact and quick to respond to any concern that i have had.

caillouettej


quality posts: 0 Private Messages caillouettej

I got mine today 55", Woot woot! Everything looks great, I hooked everything up and works great also (for now) Only time will tell. I think they could of done a better job of packaging but mine made it okay so I guess they did good enough. my remote had batteries in it all ready but didn't work no BFD. There was a paper attached to the tv say lg has a 90 day warranty form date of purchase... Yada Yada fine print so that helps put my mind at eas. Over all I'm very stoked. Good luck everybody!

eberjohn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages eberjohn

I got my 55in last night and love it!!! Packaging was fine, shipping time was fine, overall very happy with my purchase.. Thank you WOOT!

combatwombat42


quality posts: 0 Private Messages combatwombat42

I got a call about this last nite and called this morning, they give me from 9am-1pm Thursday or Friday to have it delivered, I can pick one day but have to be home that whole 4 hour window. HOW IS THIS ACCEPTABLE I have a job, which is why I can afford a TV of this size. I live alone. I can't do 9-1 any weekday, this is totally unacceptable.

WalterTangoFoxtrot


quality posts: 1 Private Messages WalterTangoFoxtrot
combatwombat42 wrote:I got a call about this last nite and called this morning, they give me from 9am-1pm Thursday or Friday to have it delivered, I can pick one day but have to be home that whole 4 hour window. HOW IS THIS ACCEPTABLE I have a job, which is why I can afford a TV of this size. I live alone. I can't do 9-1 any weekday, this is totally unacceptable.



Could be worse... I keep trying to cancel my order for false advertisement, and Woot keeps giving me the run around, and now more recently, they've taken to censoring every post I make, rather than owning up, or providing anything related to customer service. of the half dozen Emails I've sent them, I've never had the same person answer a single one twice. I asked them to cancel the order since its not a true 120Hz TV, and the last individual told me to wait until it was delivered, then refuse delivery, and wait for it to get shipped back, and then they'd talk about refund.

Used to be angry, now I'm just extremely disappointed. I think this is the first time I'll ever say this, but Woot, why don't you outsource your Customer service to India? At least then I can blame the issue on a language and cultural barrier, instead of an apathetic customer service team that doesn't care.

kaakie1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaakie1

Hi,
Am Larry Stein, I made a purchase of LG 55" 1080p TruMotion 120Hz LED HDTV 55LV4400 (Refurbished) from Woot on Monday, August 06, 2012. and the order number is Order #40774352. It was shipped out August 11, 2012, so I got the tracking number in my woot account which is WT40774352 but I find it difficult to track it not knowing which carrier the tracking number is. I still don't know the status of my shipment so I would like to attain help from you.
Thank You!

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

kaakie1 wrote:Hi,
Am Larry Stein, I made a purchase of LG 55" 1080p TruMotion 120Hz LED HDTV 55LV4400 (Refurbished) from Woot on Monday, August 06, 2012. and the order number is Order #40774352. It was shipped out August 11, 2012, so I got the tracking number in my woot account which is WT40774352 but I find it difficult to track it not knowing which carrier the tracking number is. I still don't know the status of my shipment so I would like to attain help from you.
Thank You!



Howdy, here's the shipping company info. This should get you going.

kkshields wrote:Sorry for the notification delays on these. The 55" models are likely shipping via SEKO. Here is the tracking link for SEKO:

http://www.sekologistics.com/home/track.aspx

Your tracking number should be: WT and then your 8-digit order number

Please let us know if you have any issues or questions.





FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

DennisWKam


quality posts: 22 Private Messages DennisWKam

Staff

WalterTangoFoxtrot wrote:Could be worse... I keep trying to cancel my order for false advertisement, and Woot keeps giving me the run around, and now more recently, they've taken to censoring every post I make, rather than owning up, or providing anything related to customer service. of the half dozen Emails I've sent them, I've never had the same person answer a single one twice. I asked them to cancel the order since its not a true 120Hz TV, and the last individual told me to wait until it was delivered, then refuse delivery, and wait for it to get shipped back, and then they'd talk about refund.

Used to be angry, now I'm just extremely disappointed. I think this is the first time I'll ever say this, but Woot, why don't you outsource your Customer service to India? At least then I can blame the issue on a language and cultural barrier, instead of an apathetic customer service team that doesn't care.



Sorry for all the issues. We're getting with Seko (the shipper) to see if they can recall the package without you having to refuse it. We asked Seko for confirmation when the package is on the way back so we can go ahead and refund you.

We'll send you a note when the refund has been issued, just so you're in the loop.

nbparker00


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nbparker00

This is a first time buy for me on woot, and after I read the comments from the last time I was expecting the worse.
As it is, the company that delivered my 55 to me was extremely flexible, and was able to meet me at my house with pinpoint accuracy at 5pm. No problems.
I opened the box and the TV was packaged nicely, and was secure. There was plastic wrap on the screen. Everything was in the box. There was no issues here either.
Plugged the TV in, picture was great, everything was good...except...
There were a ton of scratches on the plastic surrounding the screen. It was obviously a used TV or something, because as far as I can tell, the packaging held well. It doesn't bother me really, just wanted to put some feedback out there for everyone. I am just happy to score a 55 for 800 bucks, really. Thanks.

sdmark21


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sdmark21

I got my 55" on Tuesday the 14th and really had no issues with the woot tracking or shipping company...packaging was good. My TV did have some real nice scratches on the plastic surround and base, which I can live with but was disappointed to see.

The TV picture however was pretty poor. The HD clarity is just not there, a lot worse then my other TV's in my house, so I contacted the LG support to see what can be done. They have been very friendly and quick to reply and will getting be a replacement TV, so I have my figures crossed this one will work.

Scott Mark

lightningkelly


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lightningkelly

Hi, Help Help Help!!!!
55" - I just hooked this up and everything is blurry like it is slow to refresh. Tried cable hdmi and coax. Same results. Tried movie from laptop hdmi, Still bad. Is there a setting or did I get a lemon?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

lightningkelly wrote:Hi, Help Help Help!!!!
55" - I just hooked this up and everything is blurry like it is slow to refresh. Tried cable hdmi and coax. Same results. Tried movie from laptop hdmi, Still bad. Is there a setting or did I get a lemon?

LG support has been very helpful from what I've heard. Contact them to see if there's some setting reset you can do. If you have any problems along the way, email service@woot.com for assistance.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

lightningkelly


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lightningkelly
ThunderThighs wrote:LG support has been very helpful from what I've heard. Contact them to see if there's some setting reset you can do. If you have any problems along the way, email service@woot.com for assistance.


TT - Thanks. Did both. CS great from both LG and Woot. LG authorized tech was here today and ordered part. Supposed to fix in 5 to 7 biz days. :-)
Thanks for your contributions to this site.
p.s. Posted from ASUS laptop that arrived today. Very nice!!!

sdmark21


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sdmark21

Hey Woot staffers...I have submitted several emails since Aug 29 regarding returning this TV back to you. I got one real email right away and was told Seko would contact me, they haven't. Since then, only automated emails back from Woot. I called Seko this morning, and they said they don't have an order to pickup my TV.

Can you please help get this resolved: case # W-1245371-0638 CRM:00423573

Much appreciated

Scott Mark

BPL5683


quality posts: 24 Private Messages BPL5683

Staff

sdmark21 wrote:Hey Woot staffers...I have submitted several emails since Aug 29 regarding returning this TV back to you. I got one real email right away and was told Seko would contact me, they haven't. Since then, only automated emails back from Woot. I called Seko this morning, and they said they don't have an order to pickup my TV.

Can you please help get this resolved: case # W-1245371-0638 CRM:00423573

Much appreciated



Hi there,
Sorry to hear that SEKO has not contacted you yet. I saw your email this morning, and have already sent another request to SEKO to get a pickup initiated.
I have your email in my queue, and will contact you once I have a resolution from SEKO. I apologize for the delay in getting back to you, but it looks like some of your emails may have got into our spam folder, or possibly eaten by e-mail goblins. :-/

Sorry Again,
Phil
Woot.com CS

Email customer service: support@woot.com for order problems ~OR~ Use the Support form linked at the top of every page.

sdmark21


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sdmark21
BPL5683 wrote:Hi there,
Sorry to hear that SEKO has not contacted you yet. I saw your email this morning, and have already sent another request to SEKO to get a pickup initiated.
I have your email in my queue, and will contact you once I have a resolution from SEKO. I apologize for the delay in getting back to you, but it looks like some of your emails may have got into our spam folder, or possibly eaten by e-mail goblins. :-/

Sorry Again,
Phil
Woot.com CS




Thanks Phil. Hopefully the goblins are not interfering with your requests with SEKO too.

Looking forward to hearing from you/SEKO soon.


Scott Mark

lightningkelly


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lightningkelly
lightningkelly wrote:TT - Thanks. Did both. CS great from both LG and Woot. LG authorized tech was here today and ordered part. Supposed to fix in 5 to 7 biz days. :-)
Thanks for your contributions to this site.
p.s. Posted from ASUS laptop that arrived today. Very nice!!!



Screen was replaced today and TV now works. How much time is left on my warranty? Does the 90 days start now that it's fixed or is it from the date of purchase? Can I purchase extended warranty? Thanks.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

lightningkelly wrote:Screen was replaced today and TV now works. How much time is left on my warranty? Does the 90 days start now that it's fixed or is it from the date of purchase? Can I purchase extended warranty? Thanks.



Since LG holds the 90-day warranty, they'd be the ones to answer your questions.

There are quite a few places to purchase extended warranties. We usually link to SquareTrade but it wasn't linked on this sale because we offered two different TVs and that confuses our widget.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders