WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

• In 1991, the Linguistics and Philosophy Department at M.I.T. was suspended for three years for NCAA recruiting violations.
  • Memorial Stadium at the University of Nebraska has more toilets than Guatemala.
  • Since 1872, every commencement address at Vanderbilt University has ended with the phrase "in my pants."
  • Gonzaga University was named for Bartholomew of Gonzaga, patron saint of soffit and fascia.
  • "Princeton University" was a hoax created by Woodrow Wilson to pad out his resume. When he feared that the press would uncover the secret, he hastily assembled an actual university.
  • At Johns Hopkins University, every January 31st is officially "Baby Talk Day".
  • In 1969, two University of Missouri students were arrested for streaking through the men's showers.
  • Columbia University was created as a front for laundering counterfeit-handbag profits.
  • After a tough loss in the 1985 Big Ten championship tournament, Indiana coach Bobby Knight ate most of two tires off of the Purdue team bus. 
  • Incoming freshmen at Arizona State University are required to take a course in safe vomiting.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

Aww... I hoped to see my alma mater in there.

Or at least a couple more facts. Interesting stuff!

Stlheadake

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Stlheadake

So am I the only one stuck on how many ways one could end speech with "in my pants"?

Was hoping for more though! Quite a short list! I did NOT know about Gonzaga though. That changes things a bit!

dutdut

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dutdut
Stlheadake wrote:So am I the only one stuck on how many ways one could end speech with "in my pants"?

Was hoping for more though! Quite a short list! I did NOT know about Gonzaga though. That changes things a bit!

"And so graduates, go into the world and make something of yourselves ... in my pants!"

see? it's easy.

loosemoose613

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loosemoose613

Umm what. This isn't real -_-

chrisx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chrisx

Hehe, this would be great if it was real! Woodrow Wilson was the 13th president of Princeton, not the founder. Quick fact checking on other stories shows equivalent nonsense... great way to spend some time though

IDisposable

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IDisposable

Everyone knows that January 31st is International Zebra Day. Fools.

willverduzco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages willverduzco

Uh... I went to Johns Hopkins for undergrad and also took grad classes there and worked there for 6 years. There's no such thing as "Baby Talk Day." I don't know about the rest of these "facts," but the JHU one is certainly false--at least during the time I was there (2002-2012).

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

Now that they've been pretty much established as fictional, can someone mock up a tabloid picture for them? XD

jai151

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jai151
Stlheadake wrote:So am I the only one stuck on how many ways one could end speech with "in my pants"

So, my fellow students, we come here to work hard, to learn, and to struggle our way to the top. For those of you who came to party, I warn you, there are no parties on this campus, only in my pants.

jcolag

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jcolag

Let's see.

• Now go do great things...in my pants.
  • When you're off making a name for yourself, remember fondly the times you've had...in my pants.
  • You can accomplish anything you set your mind to, even if you're dressed...in my pants.
  • Also, if anybody owns a blue Honda Civic, you left your lights on...in my pants.
  • I'm at this point contractually obligated by the university to say...in my pants.
  • Ich bin in my pants!
  • So remember those words, for they were first spoken by our founder N. Meipants.

Wow. I actually spent time on that. I'm just gonna click the button before I start populating the list with years and celebrities...

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

the university of maryland boasts the #1 tortoise dentistry program in all of north america.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

Big Ten didn't have a basketball tournament in 1985. intraleague play determined the big ten champ. in my pants.
edit: actually, gatz, you ought to put a filter in so that every comment posted ends with "in my pants."

0ldeag1e

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 0ldeag1e
willverduzco wrote:Uh... I went to Johns Hopkins for undergrad and also took grad classes there and worked there for 6 years. There's no such thing as "Baby Talk Day." I don't know about the rest of these "facts," but the JHU one is certainly false--at least during the time I was there (2002-2012).

I attended George Washington University in the '80s and practically none of these things were true there, except for streaking through the men's showers - in my pants.