bdks87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bdks87

I have noticed a large number of complaints about the long time it takes to receive items from Woot.
Woot is using a service called Fedex Smart Post that does not seem to be very smart. The packages originate with Fedex,then Fedex transfers the packages to the U.S. Postal Servive and your local post office delivers the package. This service adds atleast 5 days to the shipping process.If the packages were sent via the U.S. Postal service in the first place,most people would have their packages in 3-5 days instead of 10-15 days.Yes some people get lucky and get it fast but most do not. This service might be cheaper for Woot but it is going to drive away customers.Tell Fedex to get their act together or please use someone else.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 543 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

We are speeding up shipping on many items...

We use a variety of shipping methods such as SmartPost, drop shipping (direct from vendor) and Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA). When using FBA, we instruct our vendor to deliver the product to one or more fulfillment centers from which the product will then be shipped.

With any order from woot, it's best to allow for 5 business days (not counting the day of the sale) for orders to process and ship. Many will ship faster than this but that's a good rule of thumb.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

rsr9000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rsr9000

I orded an item on October 12th...it is now October 17th and it still hasn't shipped yet.

Perhaps I've been spoiled by Amazon but if Woot wants to compete they'll have to drastically speed up their shipping process.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
rsr9000 wrote:I orded an item on October 12th...it is now October 17th and it still hasn't shipped yet.

Perhaps I've been spoiled by Amazon but if Woot wants to compete they'll have to drastically speed up their shipping process.

Duly noted, and thanks for the feedback! As you know we do use a variety of shipping methods now, but appreciate your patience as occasionally it can take up to five business days for orders to be filled.

I'm just hanging out, really.

captchrista

quality posts: 0 Private Messages captchrista
rsr9000 wrote:I orded an item on October 12th...it is now October 17th and it still hasn't shipped yet.

i have used woot for over 4 years and never a problem. the last 6 months has been horrendous. just in the last 6 weeks had one order take 3 weeks to ship, one was lost so they sent a replacement unfortunately the ladder looked nothing like the fan i ordered and 3 packages were returned. could not get a refund as promised and had to file a claim with the card company to finally get a refund after a week of non response emails...it has been almost 3 weeks now and still no response to my ladder fan..lol...i will miss woot..good luck...and yes i have looked at my spam lol...i have woot in my address book.... that's always the excuse ....sadness...i have purchased over 40 shirts and almost all christmas and birthday presents since i found woot...

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

captchrista wrote:i have used woot for over 4 years and never a problem. the last 6 months has been horrendous. just in the last 6 weeks had one order take 3 weeks to ship, one was lost so they sent a replacement unfortunately the ladder looked nothing like the fan i ordered and 3 packages were returned. could not get a refund as promised and had to file a claim with the card company to finally get a refund after a week of non response emails...it has been almost 3 weeks now and still no response to my ladder fan..lol...i will miss woot..good luck...and yes i have looked at my spam lol...i have woot in my address book.... that's always the excuse ....sadness...i have purchased over 40 shirts and almost all christmas and birthday presents since i found woot...

We're sorry to hear you experienced issues with ordering and communicating with Member Services. It appears you have already emailed multiple times and already checked your Spam folder.
I've forwarded your message onto Member Services to see if they can remedy the situation.

We appreciate your continued patience and please understand that we do everything possible to assist and answer every concern you have regarding your orders.

I will send you a PM and repost here with responses I get from my forwarding email.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

zarchasmpgmr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zarchasmpgmr

I am now experiencing my first major shipping issue.

The Homemedics scale from is listed as picked up by shipper from Phoenix, AZ on 8 October. Since then…crickets. Even with FedEx "Smart" Post, it is still not good that the bar code hasn't been scanned anywhere.

Other than emailing service@woot (which I am about to do), there really does not seem to be any way to tap FedEx on the shoulder and say "What gives? Even if FedEx were using Greyhound Package Express to get it here, even via Memphis, it still should not take that long to even get into the USPS system.

Kickin' it old school as a system tools developer for IBM mainframes.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

zarchasmpgmr wrote:I am now experiencing my first major shipping issue.

The Homemedics scale from is listed as picked up by shipper from Phoenix, AZ on 8 October. Since then…crickets. Even with FedEx "Smart" Post, it is still not good that the bar code hasn't been scanned anywhere.

Other than emailing service@woot (which I am about to do), there really does not seem to be any way to tap FedEx on the shoulder and say "What gives? Even if FedEx were using Greyhound Package Express to get it here, even via Memphis, it still should not take that long to even get into the USPS system.

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing shipping issues with your order. As you said, please email us at service@woot.com and we'll be glad to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your order.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

slane35

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slane35

5 days to pack and ship an order is ridiculous. there's no way it should take that long. you've got some great deals here, but i'm almost ready to just go to amazon and not wait forever to receive my orders...