4%
5%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Hisense 42" 1080p LED HDTV
$299.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

RHaas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RHaas

Seems like a good deal??!
60Hz hmmmm? slow refresh?

bunnyb0y

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bunnyb0y

Description says LED but the specs say "Panel Type: CCFL, LCD". Which is it?

morriea

quality posts: 19 Private Messages morriea

http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5102807

This is the link to the discussion of the 40" Hisense sold here a couple weeks ago.

Sadly, mine was broken in shipping and there were no more to send to me.

Woot was very good about taking it back, going so far as to send me the shipping label (still waiting on the refund though). "hint"

PurpleCowMan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages PurpleCowMan

I got the 40 inch one a few weeks ago and I like it quite a bit. It takes a few seconds to power on, but other than that works like a champ. The only thing that I didn't realize when I bought it was that there is no analog audio out. I know it doesn't matter to most since it does have digital out, but for those of us with older/weirder audio set ups, it is something that might slip through the cracks when reading the specs.

jmzombro

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jmzombro

Costco online (link below) has the same TV (or at least brand 42" LED w/ 3 HDMI, etc - and good reviews) for $399.99+9.99 s/h+tax=$409.98+tax
(if they have it, it would be cheaper from the store).
And that is with a 2 year warranty. For @29.99 you can add 3 addt'l yrs from squaretrade. So $440 + tax rounded.
Woot has for 299.99+5 s/h+0 tax=304.95 and 90 day warranty.
You can add a 1 yr squaretrade for $44.99. So $350 rounded.
Doesn't look like a very good deal for a refurb tv. BTW, you can get the squaretrade $29.99 from Costco for TVs that are not from Costco, but I'm not sure how they do the years because it specifies years 3-5 and not sure if it can be done for a refurb tv.
Bottom Line: For an extra $90 you get a TV guaranteed for 5 years vs 1 year.
TV link
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11755533&whse=BC&Ne=5000001%204000000&eCat=BC|90607|2341&N=4047300%204294890647&Mo=0&No=0&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&topnav=
Costco SquareTrade Link
http://www.costco.com/Common/Category.aspx?cat=91370&eCat=BC|90607|91370&lang=en-US&whse=BC&topnav=

borntohunt

quality posts: 103 Private Messages borntohunt
morriea wrote:http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5102807

This is the link to the discussion of the 40" Hisense sold here a couple weeks ago.

Sadly, mine was broken in shipping and there were no more to send to me.

Woot was very good about taking it back, going so far as to send me the shipping label (still waiting on the refund though). "hint"

Thanks for looking that up for us to learn from previous discussions about Hisense HDTV's.

That was for the Hisense F40V87CGB 40" 1080p LCD HDTV, & today's Woot is for the Hisense 42" 1080p LED HDTV, 3 HDMI, 1.5" Profile F42K20E.

therealjrn

quality posts: 39 Private Messages therealjrn
jmzombro wrote:Costco online has the same TV for $399.99+9.99 s/h+tax=$409.98+tax
And that is with a 2 year warranty. For @29.99 you can add 3 addt'l yrs from squaretrade.
You can add a 1 yr squaretrade for $44.99.
Doesn't look like a very good deal for a refurb tv. BTW, you can get the squaretrade $29.99 from Costco for TVs that are not from Costco, but I'm not sure how they do the years because it specifies years 3-5.

Not to pick nits, but usually claims of prices are accompanied by web links...just sayin' No Costco in my neighborhood.

1st Birthday of Celebrations finally! Happy 10th Woot!

goats4sale

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goats4sale

Looks like ShopJimmy.com has it for 219 with free 2 day shipping.
http://www.shopjimmy.com/hisense-42-led-hdtv-1080p-60hz-f42k20e-refurbished-2.htm

[MOD: Per the site "Offer valid for US customer only, expires 7/31/12."]

I want to be different like everybody else.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Pretty solid reviews over at wally world

I'll see if I can't find some videos or manuals

jmzombro

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jmzombro
therealjrn wrote:Not to pick nits, but usually claims of prices are accompanied by web links...just sayin' No Costco in my neighborhood.

Sorry, very rarely ever post. I added the links above although I know they can be formatted as clickable link, but not at 1:30 in the morning .

therealjrn

jmzombro wrote:Sorry, very rarely ever post. I added the links above although I know they can be formatted as clickable link, but not at 1:30 in the morning .

LOL, S'OK Thanks!

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii

Hi sense or low sense.If you don't buy it that's non sense.

mitrebox

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mitrebox

therealjrn

goats4sale wrote:Looks like ShopJimmy.com has it for 219 with free 2 day shipping.
http://www.shopjimmy.com/hisense-42-led-hdtv-1080p-60hz-f42k20e-refurbished-2.htm

From the site: "Offer valid for US customer only, expires 7/31/12."

(JRN--posted before mod post above)

biggm28

quality posts: 1 Private Messages biggm28
therealjrn wrote:From the site: "Offer valid for US customer only, expires 7/31/12."

Also could come with dead pixals... sounds fun

liquidblue1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages liquidblue1
goats4sale wrote:Looks like ShopJimmy.com has it for 219 with free 2 day shipping.

Interesting. Their shipping maps have conflicting sites. One says So-Cal, one says Michigan. Also, this is on the front page:

Ships UPS Ground within 48 Hours (US Only, Shipping Not Included)

Darksoul13

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Darksoul13

Will this do 1080p on PS3 games?

Silly Rabbit......

kmt3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmt3

I purchased the 40" model from Woot on 7/28, I can highly recommend this 42" based on how well that one works. Before I ordered the 40" I went to my local Walmart and checked them out, was impressed that the Hisense had a better picture than most others. Have been very happy with it overall, remote is basic but works well, picture is fantastic and bright. Plenty of inputs. Wii and Media Center Extender both look much better than before! Even hooked up our Acer Iconia A500 Tab (also from Woot!) and watched a movie, which looked great!

bondoan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bondoan
jmzombro wrote:Costco online (link below) has the same TV (or at least brand 42" LED w/ 3 HDMI, etc - and good reviews) for $399.99+9.99 s/h+tax=$409.98+tax
And that is with a 2 year warranty. For @29.99 you can add 3 addt'l yrs from squaretrade. So $440 + tax rounded.
You can add a 1 yr squaretrade for $44.99. So $350 rounded.
Doesn't look like a very good deal for a refurb tv. BTW, you can get the squaretrade $29.99 from Costco for TVs that are not from Costco, but I'm not sure how they do the years because it specifies years 3-5 and not sure if it can be done for a refurb tv.
TV link
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11755533&whse=BC&Ne=5000001%204000000&eCat=BC|90607|2341&N=4047300%204294890647&Mo=0&No=0&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&topnav=
Costco SquareTrade Link
http://www.costco.com/Common/Category.aspx?cat=91370&eCat=BC|90607|91370&lang=en-US&whse=BC&topnav=

Great post.

Thazeran

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Thazeran

Refresh Rate: 60Hz

If you like HD sports, I'd stay away.

VooDooPC

quality posts: 0 Private Messages VooDooPC
Thazeran wrote:Refresh Rate: 60Hz

Aren't most refresh rates above 60hz, other than 3D TVs which run at 120hz, just marketing for something that essentially just tries to eliminate motion blur? They have "480hz" TVs, but I think it's just marketing garbage.

froyb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages froyb

Bought the 40 incher (actually bought 2) and am extremely happy with it. Been buying quite a lot from Woot these days. Probably taking a leap of faith that the cost for a return would be borne by Woot, if need be. Otherwise the bucks saved from a retailer would be naught. Whether 2" more is worth the extra $50, I guess it depends on the starting and ending state!

jeremiahj

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jeremiahj

Anytime Woot sells a TV, you better belive I am going to link possible customers to this thread:

http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5071360&pageindex=11&replycount=474

Woot never made the TV fiacso from a previous sale right with several customers (self included). If you have the patience to wade through the comments, you will come out the other side knowing that ordering a TV with Woot is not a sure bet -- nor is any real follow-up when it shows up broken, dented, bent and missing parts.

We are still waiting on the Staff to address our many issues in that thread -- until then I am left to stalk all future TV woots until we are made whole.

bunnyb0y

No clarification yet as to which type? The description says LED but the specs say it is ccfl.

donnatn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages donnatn

I am a little wary of buying a TV from Woot as the last one I bought arrived with a cracked screen. I entered a ticket with Woot but no one ever responded.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

donnatn wrote:I am a little wary of buying a TV from Woot as the last one I bought arrived with a cracked screen. I entered a ticket with Woot but no one ever responded.

Sorry about that. Did you check your spam folders? They like to gobble us up.

Go ahead and email in again and I'll send a note to them from this end as well.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bunnyb0y wrote:No clarification yet as to which type? The description says LED but the specs say it is ccfl.

Here it is on the Hisense site. It is an LED backlit HDTV

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bunnyb0y

ThunderThighs wrote:Here it is on the Hisense site. It is an LED backlit HDTV

Thanks for the clarification. You might want to get Woot to change the info on the spec sheet to avoid confusion.

ionman

quality posts: 21 Private Messages ionman

My mom recently got one of these. Might not be the same model, but a 42" Hisense LED LCD 1080p... so probably is.

The picture is generally good. In fact, it really shows how much her subscription to DISH TV compresses their signals, frequently even on "HD" channels. The sound is mediocre at best, but that's generally the case with most very thin TVs because the speakers are necessarily very thin.

The only thing that drove me nuts when I was using it was the fairly long time it takes to turn on... perhaps 10 seconds from the time you hit the button on the remote until the screen shows anything. (The light in the corner of the set comes on right away though.) Until you get used to this, your reaction is to hit the remote's Power button, then hit it again, then check your aim and try again, then wonder if the remote battery is dead just about the time the set turns on.

Overall, at this price I'd recommend if you can live with the warranty or extend it with a square trade plan.

philgonet

quality posts: 10 Private Messages philgonet
PurpleCowMan wrote:I got the 40 inch one a few weeks ago and I like it quite a bit. It takes a few seconds to power on, but other than that works like a champ. The only thing that I didn't realize when I bought it was that there is no analog audio out. I know it doesn't matter to most since it does have digital out, but for those of us with older/weirder audio set ups, it is something that might slip through the cracks when reading the specs.

perhaps not an elegant solution, but there IS a headphone jack in one of the pictures on the main page (just under the component jacks on the side view)... so you could use that to port out the analog audio signal and use a splitter that goes to 2 RCA jacks.

Randman80

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Randman80

Very happy with mine. As for the "audio out" , the is a 5mm earphone jack. I got an adapter cable (5mm to phononjack..$3). Pluged into the stereo amp and we were good to go.

Ahchoo47

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ahchoo47

Got this exact model for the exact same price off 1saleaday about a month ago. Great TV, better than my 37" Vizio and about half the price it was new. Refresh rate is a little more noticeable, but it's also a bigger TV, and really isn't that bad, especially given the price. The stand kinda sucks to put on, though

dredwolff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dredwolff

The description says LED but the tech specs say CCFL - come on now! Which one is it?

Oh, looks like I'm not the only one that noticed.

visch1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages visch1
ionman wrote:My mom recently got one of these. Might not be the same model, but a 42" Hisense LED LCD 1080p... so probably is.

The picture is generally good. In fact, it really shows how much her subscription to DISH TV compresses their signals, frequently even on "HD" channels. The sound is mediocre at best, but that's generally the case with most very thin TVs because the speakers are necessarily very thin.

The only thing that drove me nuts when I was using it was the fairly long time it takes to turn on... perhaps 10 seconds from the time you hit the button on the remote until the screen shows anything. (The light in the corner of the set comes on right away though.) Until you get used to this, your reaction is to hit the remote's Power button, then hit it again, then check your aim and try again, then wonder if the remote battery is dead just about the time the set turns on.

Overall, at this price I'd recommend if you can live with the warranty or extend it with a square trade plan.

Oh My Failing Grades!!!!!!!! A whole 10 seconds, I'll pray for your valuable time.

jrtbarber

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jrtbarber

does anyone know about the view angle for these?

mktglisa

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mktglisa

I've seen people freak out over a 60hz refresh rate (not much in this thread but in other woot threads). Does it really matter for a TV viewer who doesn't watch sports or play video games? I don't even watch too much in the way of action.

Does 60hz hurt my viewing of Downton Abbey or Burn Notice in any way?

If I don't need a higher refresh rate, I can save a lot of money...

isalisb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages isalisb
Thazeran wrote:Refresh Rate: 60Hz

Where in the world are they broadcasting sports faster than 60Hz?
Answer: nowhere

isalisb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages isalisb
mktglisa wrote:I've seen people freak out over a 60hz refresh rate (not much in this thread but in other woot threads). Does it really matter for a TV viewer who doesn't watch sports or play video games? I don't even watch too much in the way of action.

Does 60hz hurt my viewing of Downton Abbey or Burn Notice in any way?

If I don't need a higher refresh rate, I can save a lot of money...

Nope, no commercial media** exceeds 1080p at 60Hz. Some blu-ray movies even slow down to 24Hz to try and look like film.

**some game systems might, i dunno.