drankinmacup


quality posts: 0 Private Messages drankinmacup

I'm thinking I found this TV new + a wall mount at Walmart for $380. Is that right?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hisense-42-Class-LED-LCD-1080p-60Hz-HDTV-1.5-ultra-slim-F42K20E-with-Wall-Mount-TV-Bundle/21282036

one45


quality posts: 0 Private Messages one45

There's no point in upgrading from Standard Def 4:3 TV to an HD if all you watch is Carl Sagan's Cosmos and Farscape reruns, right? The good shows looks like crap on HD.

Wyatt8


quality posts: 11 Private Messages Wyatt8
covert0p5 wrote:$10 cheaper at Walmart, but it's LCD...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hisense-42-Class-LCD-1080p-60Hz-HDTV-LTDN42V77US-Refurbished/21015302

The 40" and 46" are decently priced as well..

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hisense-46-Class-LCD-1080p-60Hz-HDTV-1.75-ultra-slim-LTDN46V86US-Refurbished/21081384#Product+Reviews

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hisense-40-Class-LCD-1080p-60Hz-HDTV-F40V87C-Refurbished/21081388


edited to cover for silly accidental click of "post" in the 'new format' the box cuts off on the left..

Anyway.. the first link listed.. is NOT the same unit.. check out the refresh rates (8ms versus 5ms) and slightly narrower viewing angles.

Refresh rates, being one of the things in life where size matters ... and in this case, smaller is better, right?

WallyWorld Does have the same unit ... and with a wall mount
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hisense-42-Class-LED-LCD-1080p-60Hz-HDTV-1.5-ultra-slim-F42K20E-with-Wall-Mount-TV-Bundle/21282036

on a special for $380 with free shipping for in-store pick-up or about $30 shipping to my house ... Your Mileage will most certainly Vary ...


and Costco has a very suspiciously similar (same) sounding unit, with a different Costco model number for:
$400 plus $10 shipping .,.. which as noted, also includes 2 years warranted
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11755533&whse=BC&Ne=5000001%204000000&eCat=BC|90607|2341&N=4047300%204294890647&Mo=0&No=0&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&topnav=

that is all...

a perfect day to have a great day on purpose...
or because the store clerk told you to...

Wyatt8


quality posts: 11 Private Messages Wyatt8
drankinmacup wrote:I'm thinking I found this TV new + a wall mount at Walmart for $380. Is that right?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hisense-42-Class-LED-LCD-1080p-60Hz-HDTV-1.5-ultra-slim-F42K20E-with-Wall-Mount-TV-Bundle/21282036



YUP ... that's right..
the package with the wall mount, being $20 cheaper than the F42K20E by itself ... gotta love it! good find!

a perfect day to have a great day on purpose...
or because the store clerk told you to...

Spiky


quality posts: 16 Private Messages Spiky

Speaking of 480Hz...

isalisb wrote:Calm down and read this
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2379206,00.asp


louisgrady wrote:I believe that that is the standard rate on plasma tv's



That article says this too, a misnomer. Plasmas are often rated at things like 480 or 600Hz, but that is not the same refresh rate as the TV signal at 60Hz. Those numbers do not compare directly with LCD refresh rates of 60/120/240/480. They are a sub-field rate, not an overall refresh. They basically just put those numbers up to make it sound like they have a bigger number. Don't know why, they generally look better, anyway. And don't have refresh rate problems like low-end LCDs do.

philgonet


quality posts: 10 Private Messages philgonet

OK, after lurking in the wings while at work in our local ER, I am finally home and pulled the trigger... yippee!

isalisb


quality posts: 0 Private Messages isalisb
karisk81 wrote:Isn't that what I said?



Sorry, I misread your post.

Blute0


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Blute0

Is Back light bleed in the corners "normal" w/ LCD TVs?

Bought the 40" a couple weeks ago and like the TV Very Much. It's got a good Pic and is a very good looking unit.
I thought the light in the corners (almost like a 2" x 1/8th" line) was a defect but I could live w/ it. Read on the Net that sometimes the unit is screwed together too tight. Sometimes you can unscrew it a bit and it'll go away... Anyone know if that's true at all?
The brightness adjustment does not effect it at all.

andrewjison


quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewjison

I'm just curious. Is everyone else still waiting for their tv to ship as well? Mine hasn't shipped yet.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

andrewjison wrote:I'm just curious. Is everyone else still waiting for their tv to ship as well? Mine hasn't shipped yet.

It's still a bit early. It can take up to 5 business days for orders to process and ship. If you don't see movement by Friday afternoon, go ahead and email service@woot.com for an update.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

uscpsycho


quality posts: 0 Private Messages uscpsycho

Has anyone had problems with their TV? I got mine today and oh boy, what a disaster this thing is. I've never seen a TV packed so poorly or a "refurbished" product in such bad shape.

I sent an email requesting a return. This is the first time I've had to deal with returning something to Woot; how this experience goes will determine whether or not I ever buy from Woot again. So help me, if they try to get me to pay return freight on this thing... Shipping a 42" television is rather expensive and I shouldn't have to absorb that cost for a TV that was defective straight from the box. When they ship big items like this they need to do a better job of ensuring the items they are shipping are packaged properly and work. I should have heeded the warnings. Now I'm just hoping for the best...

joewmorrissey


quality posts: 0 Private Messages joewmorrissey

How long is it going to take to finally ship?

jasonmanzo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jasonmanzo
joewmorrissey wrote:How long is it going to take to finally ship?



Mine hasn't shipped, anyone elses?

Urthstripe


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Urthstripe

Mine hasn't shipped yet either. How have you already got yours, uscpsycho?

uscpsycho


quality posts: 0 Private Messages uscpsycho
uscpsycho wrote:Has anyone had problems with their TV? I got mine today and oh boy, what a disaster this thing is. I've never seen a TV packed so poorly or a "refurbished" product in such bad shape.

I sent an email requesting a return. This is the first time I've had to deal with returning something to Woot; how this experience goes will determine whether or not I ever buy from Woot again. So help me, if they try to get me to pay return freight on this thing... Shipping a 42" television is rather expensive and I shouldn't have to absorb that cost for a TV that was defective straight from the box. When they ship big items like this they need to do a better job of ensuring the items they are shipping are packaged properly and work. I should have heeded the warnings. Now I'm just hoping for the best...


Happy to report I sent Woot an email explaining the problems and they very promptly responded with an RMA and a return shipping label. While I am disappointed the TV was a failure I could not have been happier with their customer service. Guess I'll spend a few more bucks and get the similar (but inferior) model from Walmart. If it's still available...

psiwuc


quality posts: 0 Private Messages psiwuc
ThunderThighs wrote:It's still a bit early. It can take up to 5 business days for orders to process and ship. If you don't see movement by Friday afternoon, go ahead and email service@woot.com for an update.



Still waiting to ship ready for some football!!#%^*()#

HarveyH45


quality posts: 4 Private Messages HarveyH45

Just got my 144 Kodak batteries, I order two days after ordering this TV. Good to see someone got their's, bummer it didn't travel well...

Hoping mine gets here sometime next week (on vacation, and will be home all week). Unfortunately, suppose to be a hurricane in our neighborhood, maybe Monday/Tuesday. Texas might be in line as well.

haha10024


quality posts: 0 Private Messages haha10024

Got mine today, but it seems to be missing the part that connects the tv to the stand...

pinkfalcon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pinkfalcon

Mine arrived today broken - waiting to hear from Woot if they have a replacement or a refund....

Edit to add:
For those who are still waiting, the shipping status on woot.com said mine was "awaiting shipping" until 2 hours after it arrived at my house.

Urthstripe


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Urthstripe

Anyone who's gotten theirs that's not broken? I just got the shipping alert, due to arrive Saturday. Praying that it isn't messed up.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Urthstripe wrote:Anyone who's gotten theirs that's not broken? I just got the shipping alert, due to arrive Saturday. Praying that it isn't messed up.


Probably all the people that aren't posting.

I hope everything arrives just fine but if it doesn't, email service@woot.com for assistance.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ncsumeb


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ncsumeb

Does this tv have a swivel?

HarveyH45


quality posts: 4 Private Messages HarveyH45

Tracking says mines on the Fedex truck, and out for delivery. Only two unfortunate units so far, seems kind of encouraging. Really looking forward to getting mine, and hoping it's healthy. If not, I'll probably request a refund, and just drive up to a store and buy a new TV. Been on a 9.4 inch screen for almost two weeks. I was going to upgrade to a 22 inch computer monitor, but couldn't find the remote for the converter box (no buttons).

Would be nice to find a TV with a walwart power supply, so I could run it off solar. Could use an inverter, but hate wasting energy on conversion.

misnerm


quality posts: 0 Private Messages misnerm

My order status page also said Awaiting Shipping until after the TV was actually delivered. Part of the tv stand was broken on arrival. It is a swivel stand.

HarveyH45 wrote:Tracking says mines on the Fedex truck, and out for delivery. Only two unfortunate units so far, seems kind of encouraging. Really looking forward to getting mine, and hoping it's healthy. If not, I'll probably request a refund, and just drive up to a store and buy a new TV. Been on a 9.4 inch screen for almost two weeks. I was going to upgrade to a 22 inch computer monitor, but couldn't find the remote for the converter box (no buttons).

Would be nice to find a TV with a walwart power supply, so I could run it off solar. Could use an inverter, but hate wasting energy on conversion.



ROGETRAY


quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

misnerm wrote:My order status page also said Awaiting Shipping until after the TV was actually delivered. Part of the tv stand was broken on arrival. It is a swivel stand.



Have you emailed into service@woot.com?

ncsumeb


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ncsumeb

Mine came in today

Urthstripe


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Urthstripe

Wanted to chime in for the people who might be worried over the horror stories.

TV was delivered today, packaging was absolutely horrible. Box was hanging open, loosely secured by one small piece of tape. (so I could see why screws and remote controls could be missing, they probably just fell out). Styrofoam used to keep the tv stable was all out of place, but fortunately, no cosmetic damage, and i've hooked the TV up and everything so far is a go. The thing looks really good, so I do hope everyone reading this who hasn't received theirs gets theirs in solid condition, it's a nice TV.

The packaging, though... someone's gotta work on that. I'm not surprised at all that a bunch of other people have had problems.

HarveyH45


quality posts: 4 Private Messages HarveyH45

Mine arrived about 20 minutes ago, just finish setting it up, scanning channels, messed around through the menus. It's a good one, only bummer is no S-Video input, so got to dig up a component cable. Awesome picture, glad I took the gamble on this TV.

Base is pretty solid, metal (some plastic, but think it's molded over metal). And yes, it swivels.

Those who got duds, don't hang it up on this model, it's got a great picture, can't beat the price. I'd see about a replacement, over a refund

philgonet


quality posts: 10 Private Messages philgonet

Found mine on the porch when I was finished mowing. Had dinner plans so just now put it together and haven't even turned it on yet (came here to check what-if any-cables were supposed to be in the box) and thought I would let everyone know that
1) YES, the packaging sux
2) mine at least appears to be intact and undamaged. (remote,base and screws all in packaging)

I am replacing a large CRT and don't feel energetic enough to lift it down so I can put this one in it's place tonight (it's in a cabinet above our computer desk about 5 feet off the floor). Guess I'll just fire up the laptop and try the HDMI out for now.
I'll re-post once I verify it works.
Does look pretty good turned off though!

Late note: OK:
1)turned it on...powered up (after the multi-second delay already mentioned in this thread) ...so far so good!
2)attached my laptop, switched the display
3) set TV to VGA input (couldn't find my HDMI cable )
3) WOW!!

Conclusion : definitely $300 well spent!!

carpenterty


quality posts: 4 Private Messages carpenterty

I received mine Friday the 24th. As mentioned packaging very poor inner box is seperated from outer box with foam pieces that in my case were at the bottom of the box allowing the inner box with TV to bang around. I plugged it in to find the entire left hand side top to bottom is a reddish/green color and the picture is ghosted on that side. Its like the picture moves in slow motion on that side while the rest is at normal speed.
I have boughten hundreds of items from woot and aside from a defective kids metal detector this is my first large item that has not worked.

I sent a message to rma@woot.com and will see how it goes. I purchased this for my 85 yr old grandfather who was fine with his 1979 RCA tube TV but I convinced him he would enjoy this big 42" big screen and it would be easy for him to see! He has already started in how in his days TVs were made to last. I had to inform him that in his days they sat around a radio as big as a tv.

I'm hoping they have a working unit to replace this one and it was just a bad apple out of the batch.

This isn't woots fault they get these TVs refurbished tested and boxed by company "X" and sell them based on this company stating they have been tested and are operational.

I just say thanks Woot and Amazon for all the great products and great prices I have gotten over the years!

mewdane


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mewdane

So mine arrived yesterday.
It was packaged very well and careful.
Looked new 100% cosmetics.
Super beautiful picture!
Sound makes an annoying noise when changing the channel but that could be the cable. So im fine with it.
Certain shaded immages show a cluster of 4 pixels that cant produce the correct image for off white. Saw it twice so far but dont mind really. 299.... Ill keep it

kalim007


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kalim007
mewdane wrote:So mine arrived yesterday.
It was packaged very well and careful.
Looked new 100% cosmetics.
Super beautiful picture!
Sound makes an annoying noise when changing the channel but that could be the cable. So im fine with it.
Certain shaded immages show a cluster of 4 pixels that cant produce the correct image for off white. Saw it twice so far but dont mind really. 299.... Ill keep it



I hated the horrible channel changing noise! I figured out if you change the audio to PCM only (on the TV and on my TiVO) this stops it from happening. I was extremely disappointed, because the TV was so pretty, but it was such a horrible noise I couldn't accept it. Hope it helps you!