WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Stick a fork in bacon, Internet. Bacon's done.

This video includes images by the following Flickr users, in accordance with their Creative Commons licenses:
Lara604
joyosity
David Reber's Hammer Photography
surlygirl
miss karen
keeeeegan

WendellWit

quality posts: 7 Private Messages WendellWit

Yeah, I see the underlying spite in this "bacon is over" schtick. So the people who make Bacon Salt won't let you sell any more now that they have shelf space in the supers? Well, I still haven't used up the supply I bought from you in July of '09 because...

I graduated from Bacon to Pepperoni over a year ago. Yes, Pepperoni. You can eat it uncooked, but a few seconds in the microwave and it comes out crispy as the best bacon and... well, also Italian! Pepperoni and Eggs? Hellyeah. A PLT Sandwich? Try it, you'll like it. And crumble up some Pepperoni bits for distribution over everything previously baconed...

Yep, I got over the bacon thing just about the time I bought the Flying Pig http://kids.woot.com/offers/when-pigs-fly-plush-pig
Of course, Pepperoni is made from pork too... just don't tell BirdyPig.

(One more thing, how could you do a piece on bacon overexposure without http://baconcat.com/ ?)

kingofspain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kingofspain
WendellWit wrote:

I graduated from Bacon to Pepperoni over a year ago. Yes, Pepperoni. You can eat it uncooked, but a few seconds in the microwave and it comes out crispy as the best bacon and... well, also Italian! Pepperoni and Eggs? Hellyeah. A PLT Sandwich? Try it, you'll like it. And crumble up some Pepperoni bits for distribution over everything previously baconed...

You are basically touching on the bigger issue here: salami. It's all about salami.

robgnts5611

quality posts: 1 Private Messages robgnts5611

BACON has just begun. It's come into it's own.
About time too....Bacon has gone to long un-noticed. NOW that the day is here, you want to just take it away.
I say NO !!! I say HELL no !!! BACON live on, never say no to "meat candy."
I'm not letting go...sorry for the rant.

jcolag

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jcolag

Thank goodness.

I'm OK with bacon. What I'm tired of is every reference to bacon being bombarded by comments espousing an unnatural and/or zombie-like appreciation of the plastic-sealed meat product. Surprisingly, responding to a reference to the Great Instauration or The New Atlantis with "Mmm...bacon" isn't making the point you might think it's making.

Also, if the recipe calls for arranging bacon so that, rather than getting crispy, you get food with flabby, flaccid pork strips draped over it, just surrender before preheating the oven and admit that the pre-bacon recipe was probably more than a little questionable.

Bacon flavoring is also fairly suspect. If you want something to taste like bacon, just eat the darn bacon!

BrokeDave

quality posts: 2 Private Messages BrokeDave

Bacon is more powerful than you or I.

To declare an end is only depriving yourself.

Bacon = Forever

pressf1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pressf1

It was never about bacon.

It was always about pork belly.

Bacon is just one aspect of pork belly. We always knew that.

bentjen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bentjen

Good thing bacon is done with the trendy/cool types. Now us bacon lovers with a decades long and satisfying porky-past can get back to enjoying it without being accused of being a fair weather fan of its greasy deliciousness.

BTW...turkey bacon should be banned from using the word "bacon" in its name. It is an abomination!

zollars23

quality posts: 15 Private Messages zollars23

Pfftt.. I was into bacon BEFORE it was cool!

I saw bacon back in some tiny club that you've never heard of when it was just starting out.

Now, let me put on my skinny jeans, my stupid glasses and grown out more neckbeard.

(V) (;,,;) (V) <---Zoidberg

{img]https://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/712b9375-5487-4897-baf4-2212baf8dbca.png[/img]

wodowooter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wodowooter

You would really know the Bacon on a Shtick was waaaaay overdone if you had sold

Bacon Beer.

now theres a heavenly brew.

WootMe 3x-BeerMe 2x

mc5no4stp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mc5no4stp

Bacon up that sausage, boy!

http://www.telly.com/XEISM?fromtwitvid=1#none

flbeachmom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flbeachmom

You ain't *lived* till you've ate Hog Jowl. It is just about heaven. I think they deep-fry it at Lambert's (The Only Home of Throwed Rolls) http://www.throwedrolls.com/shopcontent.asp?type=OurMenu#pork

blurf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blurf

Hey, wootpooters! We still got ba-a-a-a-a-c-o-n-n-n!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo-NvyWlq44

dfunk29

quality posts: 46 Private Messages dfunk29

Nobody's gonna tell me bacon is done as long as I can enjoy a good BLT, or some pancakes / french toast with a tasty side of 4 pieces of the sweet taste of that breakfast treat!

Ladysun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ladysun

When 60+ people show up yearly to my bacon party I can guarantee it's not done. It's just beginning.

cellmavin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cellmavin

Everything is better with bacon! Or it was...what flavor are we going to get now? Or are we to go without taste?........

conchchowder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages conchchowder

Boycott Woot! Care to alienate any other consumers?

gina3graces

quality posts: 38 Private Messages gina3graces

Giggle. Bacon party.

gina3graces

And the link to the bacon offerings? Is where?

gina3graces

cOMe on...
here's the dang link...
http://shirt.woot.com/plus/bye-bye-bacon

kadsworld

quality posts: 10 Private Messages kadsworld

Bacon lube? Hell yeah! (oink)

alanhwoot

quality posts: 38 Private Messages alanhwoot

The bacon T-shirts are up now, but the main event is a bacon-flavored Woot-off tomorrow and Wednesday.

curli76

quality posts: 18 Private Messages curli76

Bacon isn't done. There will always be a place for the classic bacon taste, artisan bacon, and products where bacon is added with care and meaning, not just to cash in on a fad. (Vosges Mo's Bacon Bar = good. Bacon Mints = not as good. Bacon-flavored matzoh = ridiculous)

But yes, the novelty of "bacon branding" everything has certainly worn off.

kippybop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kippybop

Can we stop eating pigs? Really,
it's too sad. They suffer -

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

I'm sorry.

I can't ignore my love for maple bacon lollypops. Y'all can go stuff yourselves (with bacon).

... bacon.

anniecs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anniecs

I've been eating bacon for over 50 years and am not stopping now. I either peel out the fat and just eat the lean or I have turkey bacon. Turkey bacon tastes like real bacon to me, but those Bac-Os are just nasty. Artificial bacon flavoring must go.

..looking forward to the WootOff!!!

cuppycakemccoy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cuppycakemccoy
robgnts5611 wrote:BACON has just begun. It's come into it's own.
About time too....Bacon has gone to long un-noticed. NOW that the day is here, you want to just take it away.

Long live Bacon!!!

hippie19

quality posts: 21 Private Messages hippie19

The new thing is "Pickles!"

garfield43

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garfield43

I'm with you. Not trying to sound like a hipster but I really was in to bacon before it was cool. Personally I never got in to all the bacon flavored this and that or the super premium foodie stuff. No I started with plain ol' bacon and I plan to stay with bacon for the rest of my life. Granted my life may be shorter because of all that bacon, but it certainly will be have been tastier. My concession to health is I have mostly switched to the precooked stuff. 60 calories,5mg of cholesterol per serving. Maybe I will live long enough to eat more bacon this way.

robgnts5611 wrote:BACON has just begun. It's come into it's own.

room209

quality posts: 6 Private Messages room209

I've had it with this muthaflunkin' bacon on this muthaflunkin' Woot site!

ganome

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ganome

ummm what? who the frack made you the meme gods? bacon is immortal, woot however isn't, in fact its dead and is being used as a grotesque puppet by amazon now, your pop quiz attempt to still be funny has failed. long live bacon.
Edit: In fact saying the bacon meme is dead is it self using bacon as a meme! so there!

ashenkhar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ashenkhar

Far from over...

The reign of Bacon is just beginning!!!

fachagooch

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fachagooch

I am a little lost, is this the Last w00t off or the end of W00T selling bacon?

xMadxScientistx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xMadxScientistx

We all know bacon is delicious, don't hipster out now that it's mainstream to talk about it.

ctt1953

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctt1953

Bacon will never be done...the Pork Council is the NASCAR of food promoters when it comes to bacon. And there is a whole market devoted to pork belly futures.

Besides, bacon is a gateway meat for vegetarians! It may fade but bacon will always be in our hearts and on our plates..

offline999

quality posts: 4 Private Messages offline999
ctt1953 wrote:...bacon is a gateway meat for vegetarians! It may fade but bacon will always be in our hearts and on our plates..

"gateway meat"
ROFLCOPTER

cobraman61

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobraman61

Great video Woot guys!!!!!!!!!!! I will miss the bacon stuff,maybe down the road a bit,you could throw us a bone[Bacon bone that is]once in awhile.Just sayin ya know,LOL

jcolag

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jcolag
xMadxScientistx wrote:We all know bacon is delicious, don't hipster out now that it's mainstream to talk about it.

No, no. Bacon, delicious. Cruddy meats and vegetables wrapped in bacon, not so delicious, and generally ruins the bacon. Bacon-flavored doorknobs and bacon-shaped gold tooth-fronts, mildly amusing for, like, five minutes, a hundred years ago. Wedging the word "bacon" into every sentence to show that you know people on the Internet talk about bacon a lot, just...no.

Well, with one exception, I think.

That said, for a bacon-themed Woot-off, there's surprisingly little bacon-y anything.

olcubmaster

quality posts: 29 Private Messages olcubmaster

You know it's time to stop glorifying bacon when it turns to a life of crime:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/21/13390895-bacon-scattered-at-ny-ramadan-celebration-probed-as-hate-crime?lite

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

zingriffy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zingriffy

Bacon is done?!?!?!?! NEVER!!!!!!!