0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Corsair Force 120GB SSD
$68.99 + $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

khkhkatie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages khkhkatie

Seriously????? Refurbed?

nickstewartroc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nickstewartroc

Be aware its a refurb, and these things only have so many read write cycles

You know what sucks? Vacuums

cappo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages cappo

How does one refurbish an SSD?

mikebaz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikebaz

dlazz

quality posts: 8 Private Messages dlazz
nickstewartroc wrote:Be aware its a refurb, and these things only have so many read write cycles

The read/write cycles stuff people throw around was only relevant in the first-gen drives.

This will last 5+ years.

ko0ky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ko0ky

sata II not sata iii

scrion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scrion

Bought one of these a few weeks ago. It's quick but there's been firmware issues with the refurb models, since they use a different controller than the standard F120's. Personally I've had issues of stuttering freezing and would recommend staying away since Corsair hasn't released a fix yet.

JirafaBo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages JirafaBo

For $10 more you can get a brand new Sandisk Extreme 120gb SSD via Amazon Gold Box Deal

elemental00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elemental00

On a few tech sites, there are been new 120's for this price in the last month (egg and tiger both)

pennpcparts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pennpcparts

SSD's can't be "refurbished"?? they're solid state devices and as such, are subject to the hard facts of the universe: each memory location on the device can only read & write so many times.
http://www.storagesearch.com/ssdmyths-endurance.html

santista

quality posts: 0 Private Messages santista

ppl need to quit being a refurb "snob".... I got it when they had for a dollar more, it works fine. My only issue is that I wish I had bought one of the bigger ones when they were on sale, that is all.

jonpincus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jonpincus

creepyt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages creepyt

I've had a refurbished ssd for a couple months now with no problems. If you know how to take care of them and use them for primary applications (don't continually add and remove stuff) you'll be fine. I have 120gb ssd 120gb platter and 1&2 tb externals. I love how cheap storage is now.

mwolfatwork

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mwolfatwork

Will it get hot enough to fry bacon on? If not then it won't do me any good.

seahokedrama

quality posts: 30 Private Messages seahokedrama
dlazz wrote:The read/write cycles stuff people throw around was only relevant in the first-gen drives.

This will last 5+ years.

Ugh... is that all...

xmorph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xmorph

The Good: Refurbished >> Implies Corsair MAY have updated the firmware.

The VERY BAD: 30 Day warranty.

leftturney

quality posts: 1 Private Messages leftturney

These hdd's support trim which will help maintain speedy speeds over the life of the drive.

It's not the latest generation with sata 3, but even that does not matter as sata 2 (384 MB/s) can transfer data faster than these drives (275 MB/S)

Buy two, put them in a RAID 0 array and boot your windows 7 pc in under 10 seconds.

kirkhilles

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kirkhilles
JirafaBo wrote:For $10 more you can get a brand new Sandisk Extreme 120gb SSD via Amazon Gold Box Deal

Thanks for the post!

Kirk Hilles
Reversed.net

xmorph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xmorph
jonpincus wrote:You can get a new one for cheaper with rebate.

http://www.buy.com/prod/ocz-technology-vertex-plus-oczssd2-1vtxpl120g-120gb-2-5-sata-ii-solid/222809483.html

Avoid the BLACK OCZ; Buy The GREEN Agility 3

scrion

leftturney wrote:These hdd's support trim which will help maintain speedy speeds over the life of the drive.

It's not the latest generation with sata 3, but even that does not matter as sata 2 (384 MB/s) can transfer data faster than these drives (275 MB/S)

Buy two, put them in a RAID 0 array and boot your windows 7 pc in under 10 seconds.

Unfortunately for most controllers, TRIM is not supported while running Raid 0 - yet. Also, the most recent firmware for these specific drive (5.02) breaks Trim functionality. Beware

5.02 Firmware Breaks Trim
Trim Raid 0

dlazz

seahokedrama wrote:Ugh... is that all...

If you were to write continually to it, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, it would last well over 10 years.

dlazz

scrion wrote:Unfortunately for most controllers, TRIM is not supported while running Raid 0 - yet.

As of recently, this is no longer the case. The new Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver includes RAID-0 TRIM.

polkastria

quality posts: 6 Private Messages polkastria

There's some bacon products over on Wine Woot right now... And they are very yummy.

ChaseMan22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChaseMan22

WHERE IS ALL THE BACON WE WERE PROMISED!

dkalthoff

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dkalthoff

As long as you have TRIM enabled, no need to worry about R/W cycles. Most SSDs made in the past few years have a mean time before failure of about 2 million hours. I don't think any of us will be around for that long anyways.

As far as the speed of the drive is concerned, it's a tad slow as far as SSDs are concerned but still about 6-7 times faster than a 5200RPM drive, which reads at ~40 and writes at ~35.

mitchloft

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mitchloft

30 day warranty? That's more like a gamble than a warranty. Their confidence level must be very low with these. The "new" warranty on this item is 3 years according to the Corsair web site. This warranty is only about 3% of the original, but the price is a more like 48% of new. That's just not right...

Those who are always quoting others have nothing to say themselves - Mitch Loftus

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
ChaseMan22 wrote:WHERE IS ALL THE BACON WE WERE PROMISED!

Gotta wander around a little! It's good for you! (Wandering that is, probably not the bacon.)

I'm just hanging out, really.

mwolfatwork

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mwolfatwork

Check out Wine.Woot, they have a bacon spread on there right now.

scrion

dlazz wrote:As of recently, this is no longer the case. The new Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver includes RAID-0 TRIM.

This is for only 7-series motherboards however and the driver is still in alpha.

Edit: Didn't read, this driver is out but only for 7-series Intel chipsets.

chezteladog

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chezteladog

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?SID=hVpkNOvHEeGE5v6O_rB4ogCoc5_0_GFJ_0_0&AID=10440897&PID=1225267&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-cables-_-na-_-na&Item=N82E16820227807

Newegg has a new one for the same price but after $20 rebate. Brand new and SATA III.

seahokedrama

quality posts: 30 Private Messages seahokedrama

Not much bacon but plenty of apple spam.

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber

Go to wine.woot.com and buy it all up, PLEASE... Just avoid looking at the main wine.woot photo, trust me!

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

StephenP85

quality posts: 0 Private Messages StephenP85
dlazz wrote:If you were to write continually to it, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, it would last well over 10 years.

This. People need to quit being so dramatic about these limited read/write cycles. You should be backing up, upgrading/replacing their storage options much more often than that.

elemental00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elemental00
dlazz wrote:If you were to write continually to it, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, it would last well over 10 years.

that entirely depends on the type and quality of the chips in it. example: the only difference between the hyperx 3k and 5k is that the 5k uses the 10 year chips, and the 3k uses the 5 year chips. that is why there is a price premium over the 3k for the 5. They made the 3k for enthusiasts that probably would change their drives anyways.

leftturney

quality posts: 1 Private Messages leftturney
scrion wrote:This is for only 7-series motherboards however and the driver is still in alpha.

Edit: Didn't read, this driver is out but only for 7-series Intel chipsets.

Even so though, if someone is running RAID 0 on SSDs, my best guess is that person isn't the typical user running the same OS for five straight years without a wipe.

InFrom

quality posts: 33 Private Messages InFrom
chezteladog wrote:...
Newegg has a new one for the same price but after $20 rebate. Brand new and SATA III.

I would suggest serving the bacon stuff up on wine.woot with some neweggs.

me4sweetd

quality posts: 4 Private Messages me4sweetd

while we wait for this non-bacon woot, let's play duck, duck, bacon in the meantime.

bacon?....bacon?....bacon?.......BACON!?!?!?!?!