Your heart sweats, your body shakes
More bacon is what it takes
You can't sleep, you can't eat
There's no doubt, you're in deep
Your throat is tight, you can't breathe
More bacon is all you need.

Whoa, you like to think that you're immune to the stuff, oh yeah
It's closer to the truth to say you can't get enough
You know you're gonna have to face it, you're addicted to Bacon....

tooter1952

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tooter1952

This could be a secret message. Could be they're hinting that we're all pigs & should die. Or they like bacon & want to die. Or Paul is dead. Or....

awnree1

quality posts: 9 Private Messages awnree1
tivofool wrote:<= vegetarian and still bought the bacon lip balm.. bacon is that good

I am also a vegetarian and I bought some bacon goodies, of course not all for me...

twitter is the dumbest F%#$ing thing that ever happened to the internet.

quark613

quality posts: 11 Private Messages quark613
nancy33498 wrote:Not for nothing, but as a kosher person I'm beginning to feel a little put upon. How about a Knish-off? Or a Bagel-with-a schmear-off. (I can just see all the mid-west Wooters saying 'say what?')

L'Chaim and rest in peace.

Landsman! I'm hoping for a good kosher wine on wine.woot before Rosh Hashana. I'd be in for 3. (They had one before Pesach in 2011, and it was good and a good price.)

salwei

quality posts: 3 Private Messages salwei

I wonder if the next item isn't up yet because the Woot staff really didn't expect this to sell.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

iissurf

quality posts: 25 Private Messages iissurf
Lassik wrote:Actually woot is at an all time low as far as traffic lately. The lowest in at least the last 2 years. You can go to sites like Alexa.com and see stats like that.

All the more reason for them to do it.

IrieDragon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IrieDragon

Was this the first WOOT OFF with no Bacon of Canada!

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
teekawi wrote:So this closed a while ago - why aren't they putting something new out? Or are the comments too fun on this novelty?

... Yes. and Yes.

binners

quality posts: 1 Private Messages binners

Purchaser Experience

0% first woot
0% second woot
0% < 10 woots
100% < 25 woots
0% ≥ 25 woots

Woot you sadden me.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1069 Private Messages whatsamattaU

I really shouldn't comment, but I'm so stunned, I'll rattle this off.
1. Wouldn't be the first woot-off ending early. I think because they couldn't predict who would buy a COFFIN, they put it out a bit early. Hand it to Woot: when they said it was the death of bacon, they pulled out all of the stops.
2. Wouldn't be the first summer woot-off without a bag. I think it was 2 summers ago they did this in August, too. Yes, I'd have liked a chance at one, too.
2a. A lot of the "good" products I think have been shuttled to the sister sites (that's where I bought from this woot-off). This has been tech and bacon mostly.
3. Wouldn't be the first time they didn't offer a monkey.
4. Wouldn't be the first time the lights kept going at the end.
5. Wouldn't be the first time they ended it with a really weird product: I present to you the Flush Light
http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=3475961

6. Wouldn't you love to be in the mind of this person thinking about buying the coffin? I imagined,...
"Well, the stock market is shaky, I don't want to buy $200 in toilet paper at Costco's, a car just depreciates, gold goes on wild fluctuations, I'm too lazy to own real estate. What could I buy that will hold its value over time until I really need it? Hmmmmmmm...."

Batman4oz

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Batman4oz
3triplets3 wrote:Where's the frypan?!? ?!!!//!!!

Just shut the lid and shove that sucker into the oven....at Fisher and Sons Cremotorium!

Wooting for Bat Capes
JUDY-ism...the Only Religion I need!
WWJD...What Would JUDY Do?!
thebatcaveofoz.us
^^X^^

John1000

quality posts: 19 Private Messages John1000
Moueska wrote:I am really advocating that they acquired the coffin first, and they set up the woot-off around it because they couldn't help themselves. And hey, whoever bought it probably couldn't help theirself either!

Yes, the theme was either driven by bacon coffin concept, or maybe the coffin does not really exist and is a figment of our imagination.

tracytracy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tracytracy

I really thought this would end with a bacon-caped woot monkey.

jerseyrick

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jerseyrick

why are the lights still on? why can I still get free shipping on those lamps even when it's past midnight? why am I still reading posts and typing one? why can't i just stop watching the screen and go to sleep? anyone?

dpostman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dpostman

in for three

skou

quality posts: 20 Private Messages skou
acidcasualty wrote:Well, I'm not going to sit here and press F5 until 1AM eastern...goodnight Woot and good luck with whatever's wrong with your site.

I'm in agreement. Woot! has jumped the shark, in my (never to be) humble opinion.

I've been here for over 8 years, and am sad to see the death of Woot!

Now, if someone actually from Woot! wants to post here, and dissuade me, I could be influenced to listen. Unfortunately, the lack of posts from Woot! is DEAFENING!!

Thunder, any comments?

steve

Moueska

Froglegz wrote:I smell bacon

WHAT YOU SAY?

tivofool

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tivofool
Lassik wrote:Actually woot is at an all time low as far as traffic lately. The lowest in at least the last 2 years. You can go to sites like Alexa.com and see stats like that.

well sure, it's not a surprise to them. They haven't sold any new products in over a year. Their best programmers were sent to amazon, while the rest were allowed to stay in texas. There is obviously a plan we are not aware of. (and it's not woot's plan)

kippyj

quality posts: 12 Private Messages kippyj
tivofool wrote:<= vegetarian and still bought the bacon lip balm.. bacon is that good

You're right...I bought that two years ago for a friend, and he actually got a girlfriend (okay, I never thought he would).

"I love your red hair. It's not very common and YOU are FAR from common." Tom Harris

skispeakeasy

quality posts: 31 Private Messages skispeakeasy
IrieDragon wrote:Was this the first WOOT OFF with no Bacon of Canada!

The last woot was bagless as well

Done and done! ;)

iissurf

quality posts: 25 Private Messages iissurf

No the last one didn't have one either.

davidgates123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidgates123

Mock....Yeah!
Ing....

snorklebreath

quality posts: 1 Private Messages snorklebreath

You could use this coffin as a prop in filming "Ham Stoker's Count Porcula".

iamhappy726

quality posts: 10 Private Messages iamhappy726
mrbackrub wrote:45 minutes this has been sold out and nothing new. ARE THE WOOTS ASLEEP?

No. just resting peacefully.

Moueska

No, dear. There's been more than a few at this point.

And they've been crashing the server.

Spacemonkey6401

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Spacemonkey6401

@met3ora I want to be at your funeral.

Jertyrael

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Jertyrael
apctek1998 wrote:I don't even look at wootoffs anymore, i used to not be able to sleep and spent thousands. do you hear me woot ? you have failed. where did the original owners go ? did they sign a no compete clause or something ? maybe after the clause has expired say 2 years they will have a woot 2.

This is you

Also, refer to my signature.

"Woot and all our various sites will continue to be an independently operated company full of horrible, useless products and an untalented jerkface writing staff, same as it ever was." -- Matt Rutledge

salwei

quality posts: 3 Private Messages salwei
jerseyrick wrote:why are the lights still on? why can I still get free shipping on those lamps even when it's past midnight? why am I still reading posts and typing one? why can't i just stop watching the screen and go to sleep? anyone?

The all you can ship is for orders in the same day. Woot headquarters is located in the central timezone, so it is still Wed. Woot time.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

blinkylights

quality posts: 2 Private Messages blinkylights

"You missed it! But the Woot-Off marches on!"

(clicks link, nothing happens)

Yep. I'm fueled by outrage.

Batman4oz

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Batman4oz

Time for a sequal...Family Plot: The Bacon-Wrapped Edition.

Wooting for Bat Capes
JUDY-ism...the Only Religion I need!
WWJD...What Would JUDY Do?!
thebatcaveofoz.us
^^X^^

ssample78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ssample78

Check out these other weird coffins while we are all hitting F5 a million times now....Pabst Blue ribbon to Nintendo...

http://gadgether.com/24-weird-coffin-designs/

kippyj

quality posts: 12 Private Messages kippyj
skispeakeasy wrote:The last woot was bagless as well

Uh...no. However, since w00t's founder sold out to Amazon and left...I think maybe there's been two? Not sure, since it isn't fun anymore?

See how long they let me keep it up?

"I love your red hair. It's not very common and YOU are FAR from common." Tom Harris

impaul4

quality posts: 8 Private Messages impaul4
davidgates123 wrote:Mock....Yeah!
Ing....

....yeah

bird...

therealjrn

quality posts: 39 Private Messages therealjrn
tivofool wrote:well sure, it's not a surprise to them. They haven't sold any new products in over a year. Their best programmers were sent to amazon, while the rest were allowed to stay in texas. There is obviously a plan we are not aware of. (and it's not woot's plan)

Somewhere in Texas, a programmer is crying now.

1st Birthday of Celebrations finally! Happy 10th Woot!

SeeTheArt

quality posts: 2 Private Messages SeeTheArt

They make bacon lube and bacon coffins? Creepy. Who are these J&D people?

Charitwo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Charitwo
tracytracy wrote:I really thought this would end with a bacon-caped woot monkey.

davidgates123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidgates123
impaul4 wrote:....yeah

bird...

Yeah!

Yeah...

me4sweetd

quality posts: 4 Private Messages me4sweetd
jerseyrick wrote:why are the lights still on? why can I still get free shipping on those lamps even when it's past midnight? why am I still reading posts and typing one? why can't i just stop watching the screen and go to sleep? anyone?

because you have completion issues and your midnight is not woot and other people's midnight?

deanperkins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deanperkins

I've never had Bacon of Canada I want one

clangaiscioch

quality posts: 8 Private Messages clangaiscioch
me4sweetd wrote:because you have completion issues and your midnight is not woot and other people's midnight?

Send a therapy bill.