riuele2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages riuele2

just got them today in the mail was so excited i forgot to take them out of the box before trying to fly them. After i got past this, i flew them for real. i then packed up and moved to a more populated area. To my discontent as i was flying it, half way down the train the string came untied and i lost 14 of my 25 kites to the Hudson River.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 568 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

riuele2 wrote:just got them today in the mail was so excited i forgot to take them out of the box before trying to fly them. After i got past this, i flew them for real. i then packed up and moved to a more populated area. To my discontent as i was flying it, half way down the train the string came untied and i lost 14 of my 25 kites to the Hudson River.

Oh no! These have a 90-day Woot warranty so email service@woot.com for assistance.

Poor kites.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

BeccaBetts

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BeccaBetts

I bought three kite trains for my granddaughters, age 11, 15 and 16. We flew them in Hilton Head Island, NC on the beach. It was probably too windy to fly them the way they should be flown, but they still looked awesome. They did collapse a little when it gusted. They stayed in the air the whole time, but the 11 year old let hers get tangled with the 16 year olds and now it's a tangled mess. We will probably have to untie and retie each kite to fix it.
The last one flew for about 40 minutes then the top of the train with about 10 kites came untied and we had to go fish it out of the ocean. We will retie that one and fix the spines that collapsed to fly another day.
Overall a great experience. Very easy for all to launch and retrieve. I wanted to buy some more for my other grandkids but went to the kitetrain site and they were $59 to $99!!! no way!

Woot... please bring them back again! I'll buy them again if you do!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

BeccaBetts wrote:I bought three kite trains for my granddaughters, age 11, 15 and 16. We flew them in Hilton Head Island, NC on the beach. It was probably too windy to fly them the way they should be flown, but they still looked awesome. They did collapse a little when it gusted. They stayed in the air the whole time, but the 11 year old let hers get tangled with the 16 year olds and now it's a tangled mess. We will probably have to untie and retie each kite to fix it.
The last one flew for about 40 minutes then the top of the train with about 10 kites came untied and we had to go fish it out of the ocean. We will retie that one and fix the spines that collapsed to fly another day.
Overall a great experience. Very easy for all to launch and retrieve. I wanted to buy some more for my other grandkids but went to the kitetrain site and they were $59 to $99!!! no way!

Woot... please bring them back again! I'll buy them again if you do!

we've got it in writing now...no takebacks!!!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

hostendorff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hostendorff

It was a piece of junk! what a waste of money!

ghazan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ghazan

I saw one of these on big beach on Maui and the person said that I could get one of these at Woot.com but on your website it says it's sold out. Is it temporary? How can I get one?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

ghazan wrote:I saw one of these on big beach on Maui and the person said that I could get one of these at Woot.com but on your website it says it's sold out. Is it temporary? How can I get one?

You can check out our FAQ page to find commonly answered questions about the site.

Per The FAQ:
I missed a deal. Can I still get it?
No. Once a Woot deal expires or sells out, that's that. Period. We may offer it again at a later date. But we promise nothing, we allow no backorders, and we have no waiting/notification lists. Sorry. To the swift go the spoils of the race, or something

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

ghazan wrote:I saw one of these on big beach on Maui and the person said that I could get one of these at Woot.com but on your website it says it's sold out. Is it temporary? How can I get one?

but stick around & play with us in the meantime!

plz? we're so very alone.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.