WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Uniden Phones

Talking! It's not just an in-the-same room activity anymore! No way! That stuff can happen ACROSS STATES! Even country-to-country talking is possible thanks to the magical machine known as the telephone! And what's crazier? We're offering a bunch of these wizardly word-boxes here on Woot! It's Uniden Phones, people!!
Uniden official site

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Feel free to add your thoughts on these phones, and your best work safe "Call Me Maybe" parody video!

I'm just hanging out, really.

mesauter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mesauter

bought the 3HS phone a month or so ago and just got around to setting it up. Only 2 of the handsets work and I'm still waiting to hear back from WOOT about that. Update: just went on the Uniden website to look for an owner's manual and either the model number listed here is incorrect or the phone is so old it's not listed. There is no D1608 on the website; only D1680's.

houndlax

quality posts: 2 Private Messages houndlax

I had a great 3 hs Uniden model form a few years ago that lasted forever and took a beating.
THe jury is still out on my new ones. I bought the 3 cordless phones + the waterproof refurb. The three regular phones drop calls and say "out of range" at least once every few phone calls. It even happens whe I'm standing right next to the base. The only handset that doesn't do it is the waterproof one. But that one works great and REALLY is waterproof.

On the bright side, they were cheap!

lete

quality posts: 23 Private Messages lete

What are these supposed to be?

inkycatz

lete wrote:What are these supposed to be?

I'd entertain amusing suggestions.

Leptailurus

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Leptailurus

People still use these things? How retro.

meow meow meow meow meow meow

wasserkapf

quality posts: 19 Private Messages wasserkapf

I got the 1480 model from woot a while back. Have it hooked to my landline, and it works fine. I have a phone wall jack in my kitchen, so I got this wall mount bracket for the base (good price too):

http://www.uniden.com/accessories/wall-mount-black/invt/gbct2b5319zg/

Here is the manual for the 1480 series:

http://www.uniden.com/content/ebiz/uniden/resources/ownersmanuals/DECT1480om.pdf

wasserkapf

quality posts: 19 Private Messages wasserkapf

I recently hooked up an Ooma VoIP system (also gotten from woot). I haven't tried the Uniden on that yet. I am wondering if it will be able to access the Ooma voicemail. Anyone have any experience with Uniden and Ooma?

mesauter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mesauter
houndlax wrote:I had a great 3 hs Uniden model form a few years ago that lasted forever and took a beating.
THe jury is still out on my new ones. I bought the 3 cordless phones + the waterproof refurb. The three regular phones drop calls and say "out of range" at least once every few phone calls. It even happens whe I'm standing right next to the base. The only handset that doesn't do it is the waterproof one. But that one works great and REALLY is waterproof.

On the bright side, they were cheap!

HOW DO YOU GET YOUR HANDSET TO STOP SAYING "OUT OF RANGE"? THAT'S MY PROBLEM!

brenjacob

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brenjacob

does anyone know if this phone has a headsetjack

brenjacob

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brenjacob

does anyone know if this phone has a headsetjack

lwang

quality posts: 32 Private Messages lwang

can this take regular AA NiMH batteries?

bnbsouthworth

quality posts: 55 Private Messages bnbsouthworth
brenjacob wrote:does anyone know if this phone has a headsetjack

I don't think any of them have headset jacks anymore. Apparently, speakerphone is supposed to be a substitute. NOT!

I hope my Uniden never dies, because I can't replace it. I've had it for probably 8 years, and only had to replace the batteries this year.

traquy

quality posts: 50 Private Messages traquy
brenjacob wrote:does anyone know if this phone has a headsetjack

Crap, I wanted to know this too. Hubby uses his headset when on conference calls, but our old phone set is dying and we need a new one. FWIW it's a Uniden set we've had for over 6 years and it's just now fading.

bjbast

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bjbast

Can you use more than 1 of the handsets at the same time on the same call?

KellyLeia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KellyLeia

Will this work with my iPod?

jackietherussell

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jackietherussell

I bought a Uniden set here a couple of years ago. I HATE them! For one thing, the ringtones absolutely SUCK! I ended up setting mine on the Star Spangled Banner because I cannot bear any of the other ringtones. They go through batteries too fast. One of the handsets won't work b/c I put the wrong size battery in by mistake. Didn't realize it was the wrong size, now the handset is kaput. I think one of the reasons people are giving up on landlines is the terrible quality of the PHONES we have to plug into them! (Not that our cell phones are much better.)

houndlax

mesauter wrote:HOW DO YOU GET YOUR HANDSET TO STOP SAYING "OUT OF RANGE"? THAT'S MY PROBLEM!

It usually disappears once I hang it up, and pick up another handset.

It certainly seems like they might have had a receiver problem with these. I have to pay attention to see if it's just one specific handset that's doing it or all of them. i did notice that the problem is non existent on the waterproof handset.

houndlax

bjbast wrote:Can you use more than 1 of the handsets at the same time on the same call?

Yes.
"Conference mode."
Fancy, right?

houndlax

lwang wrote:can this take regular AA NiMH batteries?

i don;t think so. THey use the packs that have the little plug-in.

javajnkie

quality posts: 16 Private Messages javajnkie
inkycatz wrote:Feel free to add your thoughts on these phones, and your best work safe "Call Me Maybe" parody video!

The requested parody videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTthJI0rDnk
and..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM7nlIsBLoc&feature=related

bharvey1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bharvey1

Please cancel my order Order #41048498

Thanks!!

inkycatz

bharvey1 wrote:Please cancel my order Order #41048498

Thanks!!

Hi there!
Please contact service@woot.com for help cancelling orders.

Thanks!

stevenam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stevenam

I just got these at the last woot. They drop calls randomly regardless of interference or distance from base, and the waterproof one has never ever been able to connect to the base. Garbage.

katjames

quality posts: 0 Private Messages katjames
wasserkapf wrote:I recently hooked up an Ooma VoIP system (also gotten from woot). I haven't tried the Uniden on that yet. I am wondering if it will be able to access the Ooma voicemail. Anyone have any experience with Uniden and Ooma?

I have my ooma hooked up with Uniden 2.4 hz phones and they work perfectly...including the notification on the uniden to let me know that ooma has a call for me. The sound is very good and I had no problem programmming this. The only problem with the my uniden is that one of my charger stands (not the cord, though) stopped working. Anyone have an extra?

lwang

quality posts: 32 Private Messages lwang

can I add handsets from other brands of phones to this unit?

Or can I buy 2 of these phones and make all the handsets contact a central base?

farmgirl48732

quality posts: 0 Private Messages farmgirl48732

Purchased this from Woot in August. 3 of the handsets would not work, sent it back to the company. It cost me 16 bucks to send it back. I should have just kept it.

It was obvious it was refurbished as stated, but you think that the co. could have taken the older receipt out of the bottom of the box before shipping.

I have had an older Uniden that has worked for years. I still have it, I just wanted more handsets. But THIS Uniden was a BAD purchase.

farmgirl48732

houndlax wrote:It usually disappears once I hang it up, and pick up another handset.

It certainly seems like they might have had a receiver problem with these. I have to pay attention to see if it's just one specific handset that's doing it or all of them. i did notice that the problem is non existent on the waterproof handset.

farmgirl48732

farmgirl48732 wrote:

3 of my handsets said the same thing, so I did what they said to do. I reset it. Nope, that wouldn't work either. I had to send it to the company. Cost me 16 bucks to return it. Should have just kept the ones that did work. Disgusted and disappointed with this purchase.