thumperchick

quality posts: 236 Private Messages thumperchick

PLEASE - Read ►► Thunderthighs’ Tips for Happy Wooter Shopping first, to see if your question is answered, before writing in to support.

Here's a handy tutorial to help you get a hold of someone who can (and genuinely wants to) help!

Here's how it goes:

1. Email support@woot.com with your order number and a description of your issue. If you know how you want it resolved, tell them that.

2. Within a few hours you will get an automated email with a case number. If you don't see this within 4ish hours or so, check your SPAM folder. If you don't see it anywhere within 24hrs, your email was not received.
- If you attached pictures/files to your original email, that may be what caused it to not go through. Upload them to your preferred image hosting site and include links rather than files.
Resend email and repeat until you get a case #. (If this fails several times, see step 5.)

3. Customer Service will respond to you within a few days. More often than not, within one day. If you're writing during a woot-off, there will be a delay. (Support staff are in the office M-F, 9am - 5pm CST)

4a. If Customer Service resolved your issue/made you happy - you're done! (Unless you have the urge to write them a sonnet, praising their amazing wooty skills.)

4b. If you are not satisfied, write them back. Be sure to include your original case #. This will be a repeat of the previous 3 steps.

5. It is rare that you can't resolve an issue directly with service. In those cases, when you've exhausted your options with the regular service team, then you may find more help here in the forums.

Some of that help can/will be from your fellow wooters. Most will be from the Forum Moderators who contact the same people at service@woot.com that you would be speaking to if you emailed them directly.

99% of the time, support@woot.com will be able to handle any questions/concerns you have. I promise, they like you and want to help.

karatejen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karatejen

Did all the comments from this thread disappear? My comments referencing a problem I have had with not receiving an order from over a month ago and also NOT hearing from customer service either have disappeared.

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 119 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

karatejen wrote:Did all the comments from this thread disappear? My comments referencing a problem I have had with not receiving an order from over a month ago and also NOT hearing from customer service either have disappeared.

We're just trying to keep the thread clean- removing old posts and posts we've already sent to CS, you're more than welcome to keep posting. I'll send your issue over to CS again, Jen. I'm very sorry.

Asaevia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Asaevia

Deleting comments feels a lot like trying to cover up the evidence that there's a HUGE problem with Woot's customer service. It also makes it much more difficult to continue a complaint that's still not being resolved.

I have e-mailed Woot 3 times, (CAS-540557-L3F8C8, CAS-552928-M3X8N1, CAS-580142-C5D3F1) and posted to this thread once to attempt to correct a problem with an order that I made on 12/10. After posting to the forums, I received the following message (CAS-540557-L3F8C8) on 1/17:

-----
Thank you for taking the time to email us. We appreciate your concerns as well as your business.

Sorry to hear that. We have contacted the appropriate personnel so they can address this issue with the vendor. I would suggest contacting us in 7 business days if you've not received an update or the replacement item.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
-----

It is now 1/29, 8 "business days" (and 12 calendar days) later. I have not received an update and I have not received a replacement item. It has now been over six weeks since I initially ordered my item. Woot just needs to refund me my money, because this is pathetic.

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

Asaevia wrote:Deleting comments feels a lot like trying to cover up the evidence that there's a HUGE problem with Woot's customer service. It also makes it much more difficult to continue a complaint that's still not being resolved.

I have e-mailed Woot 3 times, (CAS-540557-L3F8C8, CAS-552928-M3X8N1, CAS-580142-C5D3F1) and posted to this thread once to attempt to correct a problem with an order that I made on 12/10. After posting to the forums, I received the following message (CAS-540557-L3F8C8) on 1/17:

-----
Thank you for taking the time to email us. We appreciate your concerns as well as your business.

Sorry to hear that. We have contacted the appropriate personnel so they can address this issue with the vendor. I would suggest contacting us in 7 business days if you've not received an update or the replacement item.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
-----

It is now 1/29, 8 "business days" (and 12 calendar days) later. I have not received an update and I have not received a replacement item. It has now been over six weeks since I initially ordered my item. Woot just needs to refund me my money, because this is pathetic.

Sorry for the trouble. I've escalated your info; you should receive a reply soon.

As for deleting posts, we're trying to make sure we can stay on top of all the posts that are coming in. In general, posting via social media isn't the way to get help, but because we're trying to get you guys assistance ASAP, we need to do so efficiently.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

kirscherj2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kirscherj2
manhandsha wrote:Sorry for the trouble. I've escalated your info; you should receive a reply soon.

As for deleting posts, we're trying to make sure we can stay on top of all the posts that are coming in. In general, posting via social media isn't the way to get help, but because we're trying to get you guys assistance ASAP, we need to do so efficiently.

I sent a request in on Jan 15th regarding jumper cables I received (the red clamps protective rubber coating came cracked and peeled off. )

I have yet to receive a response besides the initial confirmation email.(checked spam and everything)
Is this normal?! I would think I should have heard something by now!

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

kirscherj2 wrote:I sent a request in on Jan 15th regarding jumper cables I received (the red clamps protective rubber coating came cracked and peeled off. )

I have yet to receive a response besides the initial confirmation email.(checked spam and everything)
Is this normal?! I would think I should have heard something by now!

Apologies for the delayed reply. :/ I pinged CS with your info.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

kirscherj2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kirscherj2
manhandsha wrote:Apologies for the delayed reply. :/ I pinged CS with your info.

Thank YOU!!!

roxy317

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roxy317

Is posting complaints on the forum the best way to get Customer Service. I have been trying to get an RMA for a broken item since 12/24 and have gotten NO support. What gives, Woot?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

roxy317 wrote:Is posting complaints on the forum the best way to get Customer Service. I have been trying to get an RMA for a broken item since 12/24 and have gotten NO support. What gives, Woot?

Sorry about the delay. I'll ping CS to see what I can find out.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cgranados

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cgranados

Case # CAS-617282-F1H8K1
I purchased a refurbished Acer Aspire R7 laptop. It booted up and setup Windows. I went to turn it off and it asked to install updated. While trying to install the updated it got stuck on a black screen with ACER logo for 24 hours.
I tried contacting Acer to tech support and they said they will not support the laptop because it is past the warranty period. I received the laptop yesterday how can it be out of warranty?
After close examination of the computer case I noticed there are several deep scratches on and some minor dents on the case.

I received an email from Austin telling me, "We're sorry your item isn't working properly. However, this item is covered by a warranty through the manufacturer. I understand you have already called them. Please contact them again, for information on repair/replacement options. It is listed as Warranty: 90 Day Acer."

Please send me an RMA and refund my purchase. I will never buy another computer from Woot.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

cgranados wrote:Case # CAS-617282-F1H8K1
I purchased a refurbished Acer Aspire R7 laptop. It booted up and setup Windows. I went to turn it off and it asked to install updated. While trying to install the updated it got stuck on a black screen with ACER logo for 24 hours.
I tried contacting Acer to tech support and they said they will not support the laptop because it is past the warranty period. I received the laptop yesterday how can it be out of warranty?
After close examination of the computer case I noticed there are several deep scratches on and some minor dents on the case.

I received an email from Austin telling me, "We're sorry your item isn't working properly. However, this item is covered by a warranty through the manufacturer. I understand you have already called them. Please contact them again, for information on repair/replacement options. It is listed as Warranty: 90 Day Acer."

Please send me an RMA and refund my purchase. I will never buy another computer from Woot.

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't heard back from your email inquiry.

I've gone ahead and forwarded your inquiry along to Woot Member Services.

Thank you for your continued patience while they attend to the issue.

Nonno1974

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nonno1974

[MOD: I answered your post in the two other places you posted it. I'm emailing CS to let them know of your concerns.]

thumperchick

quality posts: 236 Private Messages thumperchick

Hey all, just an update.

Per ThunderThighs comment over at Deals.Woot - Customer Service is caught up!

Response times are back to 24-48 hours.

(BTW - if everyone here is taken care of, I love that the mods were cleaning up the thread. Thanks guys!)