thumperchick

quality posts: 244 Private Messages thumperchick

**IMPORTANT UPDATE**

ThunderThighs wrote:Hello all. As you’ve noticed, there’s been an increase of customer posts about service issues in our threads and social media.

We’ve now confirmed a problem with emails getting through to our new CS system that we implemented last week. We apologize for this problem and the delay in getting responses back to you.

Until this is fixed, please use the Support form linked at the top of every Woot page. This does work and you should get a timely response.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this has caused.

PLEASE - Read ►► Thunderthighs’ Tips for Happy Wooter Shopping first, to see if your question is answered, before writing in to support.

Here's a handy tutorial to help you get a hold of someone who can (and genuinely wants to) help!

Here's how it goes:

1. Email support@woot.com with your order number and a description of your issue. If you know how you want it resolved, tell them that.

2. *Within a few hours you will get an automated email with a case number. If you don't see this within 4ish hours or so, check your SPAM folder. If you don't see it anywhere within 24hrs, your email was not received.*
Support is moving to a new system that does not assign these numbers or send out the auto email. I will update more on that as they finish making transition.
- If you attached pictures/files to your original email, that may be what caused it to not go through. Upload them to your preferred image hosting site and include links rather than files.
Resend email and repeat until you get a case #. (If this fails several times, see step 5.)

3. Customer Service will respond to you within a few days. More often than not, within one day. If you're writing during a woot-off, there will be a delay. (Support staff are in the office M-F, 9am - 5pm CST)

4a. If Customer Service resolved your issue/made you happy - you're done! (Unless you have the urge to write them a sonnet, praising their amazing wooty skills.)

4b. If you are not satisfied, write them back. Be sure to include your original case #. This will be a repeat of the previous 3 steps.

5. It is rare that you can't resolve an issue directly with service. In those cases, when you've exhausted your options with the regular service team, then you may find more help here in the forums.

Some of that help can/will be from your fellow wooters. Most will be from the Forum Moderators who contact the same people at support@woot.com that you would be speaking to if you emailed them directly.

99% of the time, support@woot.com will be able to handle any questions/concerns you have. I promise, they like you and want to help.

thumperchick

Hey all, just an update.

Per ThunderThighs comment over at Deals.Woot - Customer Service is caught up!

Response times are back to 24-48 hours.

(BTW - if everyone here is taken care of, I love that the mods were cleaning up the thread. Thanks guys!)

thumperchick

Bump

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hi all. Here’s a few updates to Thumperchick’s wonderful post.

Contacting Support
Use the SUPPORT FORM at the top of any Woot page. Please note that you will no longer receive an auto-reply.

Be Concise. Be Specific
The following information will help move things along faster:
Order number
Woot username
Exact description of the problem (what’s wrong, what’s missing, etc)
What resolution you would prefer

Example:
Order: 1233455
Thunderthighs
I ordered 3 items but received only two. I am missing the Super Duper Thingamabob.
Please send the item if possible. I’ll take a refund if not.

Photos Help
If your item arrived with shipping damage, include a link to some photos. This saves time as CS will often ask for photos. Best way to submit photos is to upload them to imgur.com (free) and include a link to the photos in your correspondence.

Serial Numbers
You will be asked for the serial number on some electronics such as TVs and computers. Go ahead and include them.

Your Email Address
Please note a new policy for CS. For your security and protection, you must use the email address you have listed in your Woot account. If you email in from or refer to a different email address, you will be asked to resubmit your support ticket.
Make sure the email address on your Woot account is up-to-date.

As Thumperchick mentioned, 99% of the time, your issue will be resolved to your satisfaction. In some cases, they may misread your communication. This is where being concise really helps. They’re reading a lot of support contacts per day and they’re human. They’re gonna make mistakes now and then. Just respond back and explain it again.

Like how they helped you? Let them know. It really does brighten their day.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

lichme

quality posts: 3008 Private Messages lichme
ThunderThighs wrote: Please note that you will no longer receive an auto-reply.

Pretty pretty please outline this on the support form in big bold letters. There is few things that are more frustrating than not knowing if your request went through or not.

thumperchick

Hey mods - is the transition to the new system done?

Are the auto-response emails, letting people know their email has been received, going to come back?

Is the new standard response time 2 business days?

(I want to update this post. Thanks.)

manhandsha

quality posts: 35 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

thumperchick wrote:Hey mods - is the transition to the new system done?

Are the auto-response emails, letting people know their email has been received, going to come back?

Is the new standard response time 2 business days?

(I want to update this post. Thanks.)

As far as I'm aware, we're still asking people to use the support form, but response times should be back down. I haven't heard anything specific, though.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

wrxdonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wrxdonkey

Let's be real about the fact that no matter how specific someone is, the support team in India can read but not comprehend requests made in plain English. I've been going back and forth with them since 9/27 and still have no resolution.

After a decade of Wooting, I'm done. Woot sits on $500 of my money and tells me 11 days after the order was placed that they won't be sending me the items.

tuhraycee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tuhraycee

After years of Wooting I experienced some pathetic customer service recently. (Some kids woot shirts I ordered are badly sized - they fit very strangely.) I contacted them three times about the matter, referencing my order number and was very specific. All I received in response was a generic reply. All three times! A generic reply that implied that it was my fault. Usually I visit Woot daily but now their name alone disgusts me.

ThunderThighs

Staff

tuhraycee wrote:After years of Wooting I experienced some pathetic customer service recently. (Some kids woot shirts I ordered are badly sized - they fit very strangely.) I contacted them three times about the matter, referencing my order number and was very specific. All I received in response was a generic reply. All three times! A generic reply that implied that it was my fault. Usually I visit Woot daily but now their name alone disgusts me.

Ugh. I'm very sorry. I'll add you to my afternoon report so CS can look into it.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

BrookeBrown93

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BrookeBrown93
thumperchick wrote:**IMPORTANT UPDATE**

[b]PLEASE - Read [url=http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5643813&pageindex=1&replycount=9]►► 4b. If you are not satisfied, write them back. Be sure to include your original case #. This will be a repeat of the previous 3 steps.

5. It is rare that you can't resolve an issue directly with service. In those cases, when you've exhausted your options with the regular service team, then you may find more help here in the forums.

Some of that help can/will be from your fellow wooters. Most will be from the Forum Moderators who contact the same people at support@woot.com that you would be speaking to if you emailed them directly.

99% of the time, support@woot.com will be able to handle any questions/concerns you have. I promise, they like you and want to help.

This is a nightmare, I've messaged Woot three times now. I selected a Men's Small when I meant to select Men's Medium. The first message I sent was within 10 minutes of my order, and I got the reply saying they can not exchange or accept returns. Um, okay, the order hasn't been processed yet. I sent another message saying to please change the order information. The second reply says they implimented a cancel order button for a short period of time. I noticed the email 5 hours later because it is 6:03am and they sent it just after midnight. I cannot find the button.

I sent them a third message. I feel like this is the easiest fix in the world. Just change the order information, I still want the shirt. I was expecting to start a lifetime of business with this company, but if this doesn't get fixed I will never bother Woot again.

Please correct my size information. My order number is 5029xxxx.

ThunderThighs

Staff

BrookeBrown93: sorry for the frustration but we do not make changes to orders. This is because the orders are released for processing very quickly. Once they're released, it's out of reach.

In the future, you can cancel your order in the first 15 minutes. There's a link to instructions in my signature.

FORUM MODERATOR