ThunderThighs wrote:Hello all. As you’ve noticed, there’s been an increase of customer posts about service issues in our threads and social media.
We’ve now confirmed a problem with emails getting through to our new CS system that we implemented last week. We apologize for this problem and the delay in getting responses back to you.
Until this is fixed, please use the Support form linked at the top of every Woot page. This does work and you should get a timely response.
Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this has caused.
PLEASE - Read ►► Thunderthighs’ Tips for Happy Wooter Shopping first, to see if your question is answered, before writing in to support.
Here's a handy tutorial to help you get a hold of someone who can (and genuinely wants to) help!
Here's how it goes:
1. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and a description of your issue. If you know how you want it resolved, tell them that.
2. *Within a few hours you will get an automated email with a case number. If you don't see this within 4ish hours or so, check your SPAM folder. If you don't see it anywhere within 24hrs, your email was not received.*
Support is moving to a new system that does not assign these numbers or send out the auto email. I will update more on that as they finish making transition.
- If you attached pictures/files to your original email, that may be what caused it to not go through. Upload them to your preferred image hosting site and include links rather than files.
Resend email and repeat until you get a case #. (If this fails several times, see step 5.)
3. Customer Service will respond to you within a few days. More often than not, within one day. If you're writing during a woot-off, there will be a delay. (Support staff are in the office M-F, 9am - 5pm CST)
4a. If Customer Service resolved your issue/made you happy - you're done! (Unless you have the urge to write them a sonnet, praising their amazing wooty skills.)
4b. If you are not satisfied, write them back. Be sure to include your original case #. This will be a repeat of the previous 3 steps.
5. It is rare that you can't resolve an issue directly with service. In those cases, when you've exhausted your options with the regular service team, then you may find more help here in the forums.
Some of that help can/will be from your fellow wooters. Most will be from the Forum Moderators who contact the same people at email@example.com that you would be speaking to if you emailed them directly.
99% of the time, firstname.lastname@example.org will be able to handle any questions/concerns you have. I promise, they like you and want to help.