nicesocks


quality posts: 2 Private Messages nicesocks
ThunderThighs wrote:I'm assuming this will be no different than our last 60" shipments which means it is shipped by a freight carrier. They'll contact you to arrange a delivery time. We don't have an option to pay extra for weekend delivery. That'll be between you and the shipping company when they call.

Hope that helps.


The last time I ordered something freight the freight company said although they offered weekend delivery, the shipper had to authorize them to allow it, and they couldn't just bill me the difference. (also the window the arranged was 12:30 - 6:30 and they arrived at 8:30 so it really killed the day)

Thanks though guess I will have to pass on the deal.

jeremiahj


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jeremiahj
ThunderThighs wrote:I'm assuming this will be no different than our last 60" shipments which means it is shipped by a freight carrier. They'll contact you to arrange a delivery time. We don't have an option to pay extra for weekend delivery. That'll be between you and the shipping company when they call.

Hope that helps.



[sarcasm]
I'm sure this will go great, considering the glowing history Woot has so far when it comes to shipping large TVs.
[/sarcasm]

As a previous Woot/LG purchaser, Woot still hasn't 'made it right' for me or other folks. Some waited over 40 days for a refund on their broken TV, others had to go to LG customer service (not Woot) for broken and missing parts. Me? I got to pick the TV up from the carrier hub 45 minutes away and saw the horrific packaging these things were being moved around in first-hand.

Want to file this away as an isolated issue from an overly frustrated customer? Check out the thread and judge for yourself:

http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5071360&pageindex=8&replycount=477#post5084911

covert0p5


quality posts: 1 Private Messages covert0p5

Took the jump and got the Hisense 42". Compared to the RCA and Sanyo, it seemed to have better reviews. Really wanted the Vizio LED 3D that's sold out :/

darkinc


quality posts: 32 Private Messages darkinc

I have the LED version of this TV (VIZIO E3D470VX 47" 1080p Theater 3D LCD HDTV) in my bedroom. No complaints here, I use it for netflix, hulu, and amazon. I like it a lot, was the living room TV for a few weeks once I moved till I upgraded to a larger TV. No web browsers or anything like that. My living room TV is not listed, so no comment there.

comma


quality posts: 12 Private Messages comma

Will these TVs work for programs other than football?

havefunwoof


quality posts: 0 Private Messages havefunwoof

nice 3D WITH WIFI god this stuff is good i need it badly

umzy


quality posts: 3 Private Messages umzy
jeremiahj wrote:[sarcasm]
I'm sure this will go great, considering the glowing history Woot has so far when it comes to shipping large TVs.
[/sarcasm]

As a previous Woot/LG purchaser, Woot still hasn't 'made it right' for me or other folks. Some waited over 40 days for a refund on their broken TV, others had to go to LG customer service (not Woot) for broken and missing parts. Me? I got to pick the TV up from the carrier hub 45 minutes away and saw the horrific packaging these things were being moved around in first-hand.

Want to file this away as an isolated issue from an overly frustrated customer? Check out the thread and judge for yourself:

http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5071360&pageindex=8&replycount=477#post5084911



Love my LG plasma, but that was store bought. As far as a refurb from Woot? What Jeremiah said! This was the Vizio event last month;
http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5087007&pageindex=2&replycount=218

cranberrysaus


quality posts: 1 Private Messages cranberrysaus

I need to know which one of these televisions will provide the best picture of Clay Matthews' fantastic hair.

ajdub15


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ajdub15

How long does it usually take for a tv to be shipped out? I am waiting on the VIZIO 46" LED 3D.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

ajdub15 wrote:How long does it usually take for a tv to be shipped out? I am waiting on the VIZIO 46" LED 3D.



That depends on the shipping method you chose. You can find out how to track your order HERE. If you have any further issues with tracking, remember you can email us at service@woot.com and we'll be glad to answer any questions you have have.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

gyrfalcon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gyrfalcon

I feel sorry for anyone who bought a Sanyo TV. The video interpolation absolutely sucks. Even with a fully HDMI signal from a laptop it won't give you 1 to 1 pixel resolution... How they get away calling it a 1080p TV is beyond me.

covert0p5


quality posts: 1 Private Messages covert0p5

Dear anyone who ordered from this:

Has your order shipped yet? Mine still says "Awaiting shipping."

depinav


quality posts: 0 Private Messages depinav
covert0p5 wrote:Dear anyone who ordered from this:

Has your order shipped yet? Mine still says "Awaiting shipping."



Mine still shows "Awaiting Shipping" too. When I ordered my kitchen knife a few weeks back it stayed in that state for up to 6 days before shipping, so this might be similar.

DennisWKam


quality posts: 22 Private Messages DennisWKam

Staff

Just wanted to let everyone know that most of these TVs can be tracked by reference here.

If you still don't see movement, it's probably still in processing and it should update in a day or two.

Feel free to let us know if nothing comes up and we can look into it.

ajdub15


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ajdub15

Mine is coming tomorrow! Thanks.

covert0p5


quality posts: 1 Private Messages covert0p5
DennisWKam wrote:Just wanted to let everyone know that most of these TVs can be tracked by reference here.

If you still don't see movement, it's probably still in processing and it should update in a day or two.

Feel free to let us know if nothing comes up and we can look into it.



Cool. I was just wondering. Ordered it 5 days ago, so I wasn't sure how fast the processing would be.

bayernmunich


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bayernmunich

Got the Hisense 42" LED. My neighbor has a 32" that they made and says he hasn't had any problems with it. Read reviews and everyone said the sound was quiet but than so did every other review of LED TVs so I hope I can hear it.

djp279


quality posts: 0 Private Messages djp279

I bought the 47" 3D Vizio on the last sale they had of these. I have had no problems, and the cabinet was in perfect condition, maybe I was lucky, but I had a great experience buying the TV. Maybe time will tell though, but hopefully it lasts long enough for the next latest and greatest to be out.

greezyg


quality posts: 9 Private Messages greezyg

PLEASE READ

I just received the M3D460SR and thought the remote was broken. It arrives not synched with the TV. The on screen setup just mentions to insert batteries.

Use the ch/vol buttons to go to the next screen to synch the remote.

ZidaKano


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ZidaKano

My vizio 47" 3d tv arrived today. Screen was broken during shipping and I am very disappointed. I have already contacted service@woot.com but as it is Saturday I doubt I will hear anything until monday. Just putting this up here as it is the truth. And if woot staff make it right for me I will post that when it happens Until then I will just be sad over here in the corner.

depinav


quality posts: 0 Private Messages depinav

I haven't received any email about shipment, but I looked it up using the order number as a reference search and did find that it shipped. For those who haven't heard anything, try that.

covert0p5


quality posts: 1 Private Messages covert0p5
ZidaKano wrote:My vizio 47" 3d tv arrived today. Screen was broken during shipping and I am very disappointed. I have already contacted service@woot.com but as it is Saturday I doubt I will hear anything until monday. Just putting this up here as it is the truth. And if woot staff make it right for me I will post that when it happens Until then I will just be sad over here in the corner.



Oh boy, crossing my fingers for when mines comes in. Having it held at a FedEx location, so it doesn't have to sit on my steps and maybe it'll be less likely to be broken by a shipper rushing to go home or something :/

greezyg


quality posts: 9 Private Messages greezyg
ZidaKano wrote:My vizio 47" 3d tv arrived today. Screen was broken during shipping and I am very disappointed. I have already contacted service@woot.com but as it is Saturday I doubt I will hear anything until monday. Just putting this up here as it is the truth. And if woot staff make it right for me I will post that when it happens Until then I will just be sad over here in the corner.



dude that sucks! My condolences good sir.

theycallmechad


quality posts: 2 Private Messages theycallmechad

So I just go my Heisense (spelling?) TV today. Although it has some scratching on the back from a previous owner's mounting attempts, I absolutely love the thing; however, for some dad-gum reason (do people still use that expression?) the remote won't work. I tried new batteries, old batteries, and still nothing happens. I even looked at the IR transmitter at the end of the remote through my cell phone camera, pressed all kinds of buttons, and saw that there was nothing going on there (if you haven't tried that with a remote before, it's kind of fun). What sort of hoops do I need to jump through to get a new remote?

meza131


quality posts: 0 Private Messages meza131

Ordered the 60" LG arrived last Friday. I was a bit worried reading about the previous issues with TV's and shipping. Freight company called me the day before and set a time for delivery. Packaged well but not in original box came with remote, manual on disk and printed manual. No scratches and looks beautiful. I replaced a 46" with this and boy did it make a difference. Only thing would be that Woot didn't updated the tracking or shipping info until the day the freight company called to schedule delivery time.

ajdub15


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ajdub15

I received my Vizio 46" led 3d last Friday. I have been using it all weekend and it works great. Tv looks brand new too. Like the earlier post says you need to sync the remote. Thanks for the great deal.

oconne56


quality posts: 0 Private Messages oconne56
meza131 wrote:Ordered the 60" LG arrived last Friday. I was a bit worried reading about the previous issues with TV's and shipping. Freight company called me the day before and set a time for delivery. Packaged well but not in original box came with remote, manual on disk and printed manual. No scratches and looks beautiful. I replaced a 46" with this and boy did it make a difference. Only thing would be that Woot didn't updated the tracking or shipping info until the day the freight company called to schedule delivery time.



Did it come via FedEX? When I attempt to track my order on the FedEx website (via the woot link) it says that its not a valid tracking number. Hopefully the tv shows up

covert0p5


quality posts: 1 Private Messages covert0p5

Just got my Hisense 42" today (ordered 8/25 just to give you a sense of the delivery time). I was a bit worried at first, because the box looked a little bit bent up. However, I was pleased to find the television double-boxed. Inside was the tv stand along with another box containing the TV. Picture looks great, upgraded from a 32" Vizio.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 618 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

oconne56 wrote:Did it come via FedEX? When I attempt to track my order on the FedEx website (via the woot link) it says that its not a valid tracking number. Hopefully the tv shows up

What size TV did you order? The 60" have to be shipped via a shipping company and they will call you to arrange a delivery time. The 47" and below (I think that's right) can be shipped FedEx.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

depinav


quality posts: 0 Private Messages depinav

For some reason my order still shows as "Awaiting Shipping" but using the order number as a reference on Fed Ex's site shows that it's on it's way and should be here Friday. Not sure why Woot! hasn't updated it on there end though.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

depinav wrote:For some reason my order still shows as "Awaiting Shipping" but using the order number as a reference on Fed Ex's site shows that it's on it's way and should be here Friday. Not sure why Woot! hasn't updated it on there end though.



Hahah. Maybe we're just slow on the uptake

Please make sure to let us know about this discrepancy via the "beta Feedback" button at the top right of the main page.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

benjaminleonard


quality posts: 0 Private Messages benjaminleonard

Anyone received their 60" yet? I'm in the NYC area, got the notification it had shipped a week ago but haven't seen any update on the tracking status since then. Just wondering how long it usually takes. My current tv is dying quickly so I'm getting anxious for this one to arrive!

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

benjaminleonard wrote:Anyone received their 60" yet? I'm in the NYC area, got the notification it had shipped a week ago but haven't seen any update on the tracking status since then. Just wondering how long it usually takes. My current tv is dying quickly so I'm getting anxious for this one to arrive!



hmm. i would consider shooting an email to service@woot.com. mebbeh they can offer some insight.


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

mdrcoast


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mdrcoast

LG 47LM6700 47-Inch Cinema 3D 1080p 120 Hz LED-LCD HDTV with Smart TV and Six Pairs of 3D Glasses

The only thing that I do not like about this TV happened last night with the Dallas Cowboys winning.

gannimo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gannimo

We got the Hisense F40V87CGB 40" 1080p LCD HDTV with 3 HDMI. After waiting for >1 week it arrived yesterday and worked exactly for 2 hours. Today it won't even turn on and there is only a red blinking LED of death.

Where do I get a replacement? And where can I vent my anger?

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

gannimo wrote:We got the Hisense F40V87CGB 40" 1080p LCD HDTV with 3 HDMI. After waiting for >1 week it arrived yesterday and worked exactly for 2 hours. Today it won't even turn on and there is only a red blinking LED of death.

Where do I get a replacement? And where can I vent my anger?



We recommend that you contact Hisense and see if they can fix the television or send a replacement. If you encounter issues with them, feel free to email us at service@woot.com and we'll be glad to assist you if they are unable to help.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

gannimo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gannimo
ROGETRAY wrote:We recommend that you contact Hisense and see if they can fix the television or send a replacement. If you encounter issues with them, feel free to email us at service@woot.com and we'll be glad to assist you if they are unable to help.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff



I got an answer from the Hisense support guys.

Ok guys, are you freaking serious?

I buy a 255$ TV that is basically dead on arrival, now I have to pay 150$ shipping to send it back to replace the broken unit?

Wait! There's Homework? Wait! There's Homework? Wait! There's Homework? Wait! There's Homework? Wait! There's Homework??

That pushes the price for the unit higher than any new TV I can buy in any store! I'm super pissed with you guys!

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

gannimo wrote:I got an answer from the Hisense support guys.

Ok guys, are you freaking serious?

I buy a 255$ TV that is basically dead on arrival, now I have to pay 150$ shipping to send it back to replace the broken unit?

Wait! There's Homework? Wait! There's Homework? Wait! There's Homework? Wait! There's Homework? Wait! There's Homework??

That pushes the price for the unit higher than any new TV I can buy in any store! I'm super pissed with you guys!



Again, as stated before in my previous post, if you have any issues with returning the television to the manufacturer please email us at service@woot.com with your concerns regarding your order and we will do our very best to help resolve any issue you may have encountered.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

depinav


quality posts: 0 Private Messages depinav

Got my Hisense 40" today. So far so good, we'll see if i have any issues with it. The above post has me a bit nervous, but I'll keep positive for now. Can't wait for the Pats game on Sunday!

gannimo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gannimo
ROGETRAY wrote:Again, as stated before in my previous post, if you have any issues with returning the television to the manufacturer please email us at service@woot.com with your concerns regarding your order and we will do our very best to help resolve any issue you may have encountered.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff



First of all, thanks for your answer. It is appreciated and I know that it wasn't Woot's fault.

I sent an email to rma@woot yesterday without a reply, I sent another email right now to service@woot and I hope that they might be able to help me.

I sent two more emails to Hisense guys (at www.consumerservicerefurbish.com ) and the only option they give me is to send the TV to Santa Fe Springs, CA. Which would cost around 150$ from my location.

So, I'm either stranded with a 255$ piece of trash or I can gamble to turn the piece of trash into a >400$ 40 inch TV without any warranty (as the warranty will be halfway up before the thing will be returned to me).

Yay, what an *awesome* deal /irony /sarcasm