4%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Canon EOS Rebel Digital SLR
$419.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

coltsfan182006

quality posts: 24 Private Messages coltsfan182006

Here is a Link to the maker.

dliidlii

quality posts: 33 Private Messages dliidlii
coltsfan182006 wrote:Here is a Link to the maker.

Is the rapture here already? I thought the Mayans predicted it to occur in December.

IONredlineRACER

quality posts: 1 Private Messages IONredlineRACER

About $60 more on Amazon.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

Andre Agassi approves of this deal!

------------------
I Bet on Sky

dhelmuth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dhelmuth

curious if any of these T4i's are a part of the bad batch: http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/08/14/Canon-extends-allergy-recall-on-EOS-Rebel-T4i-650D

[Mod: Per the buyer, our stock has been checked and we art clear. ]

Killjoy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Killjoy

Are these US Warranty models, or grey market?

alysseumwarrior

quality posts: 13 Private Messages alysseumwarrior
Killjoy wrote:Are these US Warranty models, or grey market?

The warranty is offered for 1 year by Canon, so my guess would be US. Grey Market generally doesn't come with a manufacturer warranty I think.

dhelmuth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dhelmuth

links to the best reviews of these cameras you're likely to find anywhere:

T3

T3i

T4i

bskuared

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bskuared

T4i running $949 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Rebel-18-0-Digital-18-55mm/dp/B00894YWD0

food. italy. food. italy. wine. books. travel. food. genealogy. food. wine. italy. food. get. the. idea?

San Clemente · http://www.italyandme.com

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884

I was just looking at buying a DSRL. Although I eventually went with a Nikon, I did do a lot of comparing the T3 and the T3i.

The notable upgrades I remember of the T3i include a significantly newer sensor (still the same one that was in the T2i, but significantly newer than the one in the T3), a self cleaning sensor, it shoots a bit faster, better in lower light. The body is also a bit larger and has a rubberized hand grip. (edit: Also forgot about the high res flip out screen on the T3i compared to the smallish, lower res stationary screen on T3)

However, the T3 was a great camera to shoot and an uber DSLR freshman (like me) might not really notice the things that make the T3i better. I ultimately went with the Nikon D3100 because I felt it split the difference in features and price between the 2 models.

In conclusion, the T3 is the most basic entry level Canon DSLR, while the T3i is at the the mid-high level of entry level DSLRs. Didn't do much with the T4i because that was always out of my range.

Lastly, http://www.dpreview.com is great for reviews on cameras and lenses.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

mattryan

quality posts: 42 Private Messages mattryan

I've owned the T3i for going on 3 months. It is literally the most epic camera in the history of epicness. Images are clear, crisp and non blurry. The t3i has a dual image stabilization system that was designed for us folks that are unable to maintain perfect stillness. They provide a thorough and well edited means of educating oneself on product utilization (directions, if I called them that no one would read them. Q himself would have been hard pressed to come up with a better product. Battery life is well above standard, there is a noticeable difference between after market batteries and those produced by canon. Support in regard to lenses is excellent. I have lost count of the number of lenses I can purchase. The best feature, especially if you're not a Lilliputian is that the product fits amazing well in your hand without you wanting to say HULK SMASH in frustration. if you are petite or small handed, this may be too large. For those of us that have been using only cell phone cameras, initial viewing of ones images will result in a splendid eye orgasm of pure awesome epicness.

To sum it up, the most amazing camera I have ever had the honor of operating.

joshobra

quality posts: 37 Private Messages joshobra

drunkenalien

quality posts: 46 Private Messages drunkenalien

Hmmm
Find the T4i for less in several places, although not from as well known websites.

$819, $0 S&H

$759, Unknown S&H

Question is, do you go for a well known supplier like woot or others, or do you save a few buck to a lesser known website.

darthaegis

quality posts: 2 Private Messages darthaegis

If the only thing you have had is point-and-click cameras then get the T3.
This price is good and you get a lot of bang for your buck.

It comes with a really good lens to start off with. Normally packages for cameras come with a really cheap lens.

You will be able to learn the different modes and features the camera has to offer without dropping a lot of money to upgrade the lens.

The quality of photos that you will be able to produce, even as a beginner, will leave you wondering why you hadn't moved past the fixed-lens until now.

I have been complaining about the lack of deals on Woot but, if I didn't already have one, I would gladly jump on this.

MrsSmartyPants

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MrsSmartyPants
drunkenalien wrote:Hmmm
Find the T4i for less in several places, although not from as well known websites.

$819, $0 S&H

$759, Unknown S&H

Question is, do you go for a well known supplier like woot or others, or do you save a few buck to a lesser known website.

There are so many scam places in regards to DSLR cameras. I only trust big name sites.

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884

When I was out buying my camera I also came across a handy website for finding lenses: http://www.lenshero.com.

It's been handy for lens ratings and snapshot specs. Also for finding out which 3rd party, less expensive lenses (like Sigma and Tamron) are worth your money.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

Golf11

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Golf11

Too funny, I just got a good deal on a refurb T3i this evening. OCD kept me from going for the T4i since it has a touch screen...uggh.

joshobra

quality posts: 37 Private Messages joshobra

$819, $0 S&H

Not sure about the second link, but the first link is a legit site. Recommended by some photographers I read about.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/42ND_St_Photo

But yeah, it's really your call if you want a to go with a site you're more comfortable with.

Edits for everyone: Been in photography since early '08 self-taught. Own a Canon Rebel XTi (400D).

My thoughts;

T4i: You want the latest gear and it's touchscreen. Most expensive. Most feature packed.
T3i: The camera in between everything.
T3: Who cares about touchscreen!! I'm cheap.

In my opinion, I'd go for the T4i if you're shooting wildlife and sports (due to higher FPS and 5 cross-type focus points). The T4i is also more advanced in video than its predecessors and more sensitive to light (higher ISO). It also has touchscreen (which is kind of silly to me for now) which I haven't gotten to play with yet, but we'll see if it changes my mind. If you don't need any of these features (FPS, better video, etc) and don't mind having your ISO a stop slower (heck my XTi is like 3 stops slower = buy a speedlight), then I'd go for the T3i or T3 depending on budget and needs.

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

shover

quality posts: 5 Private Messages shover

I just bought the T3 in June! It is an AWOSME entry level DSLR camera. I did a LOT of research before I bought a camera.
599.00 at Sams Club but you get more with it.

• Two included lenses:
    EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II
    EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III (I think that’s worth $100 value, also you must get a telephoto lens )
  • Includes Bonus 4GB memory card
  • Large camera bag (great for extra lenses and stuff)

This takes pro quality pictures, The down side of an DLSR camera - you that you need to plan to take it with you (because of its size), keep a point and shoot to carry with you for the unexpected picture moments, you will not be taking this “everywhere” you go.
    Also I found going to a larger megapixel increased the size of my picture folder significantly (plus its easy to take a lot of pictures with this camera, can your camera turn on focus and take a picture in under a second?) . Make sure you have plenty of hard drive space if you keep it on a higher quality setting and also for your backups. Everybody backs up their photos .... right? (loose a hard drive and loose YEARS of photos, not like the old days where they were printed
    There are a lot of features on the camera, a lot to learn to get the most out of it.(not just keeping it on automatic) I have been trying to learn a lot on my own. But I think it would be very beneficial to take a good class.
  • afwalton

quality posts: 8 Private Messages afwalton

$819, $0 S&H

$759, Unknown S&H

42nd Street Photo is a long-time Manhattan camera shop -- not as big or well-known as J&R or B&H, but in about the same league. Never heard of the other place.

Dealnews has a link to an eBay seller who has the T4i body only for $759.99, which is a great deal if you're upgrading an older EOS. The seller, I can't vouch for, but Dealnews usually vets its vendors.

searchneverend

quality posts: 2 Private Messages searchneverend

How does this camera compares against a canon D7000. Thanx

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Here are some sample shots from the T3 Group on flickr

The T3i Group

and no group but if you scroll over here you'll find a lot of great shots, taken with the T4i

zkjrwp1vgjbfxre

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zkjrwp1vgjbfxre

no deal on the T4i. $898 could get you a T4i body + 2 lenses (18-55 kit + 55-250 IS) + photo printer (after $400 prepaid AMEX card rebate).

selune13

quality posts: 3 Private Messages selune13
    zkjrwp1vgjbfxre wrote:no deal on the T4i. $898 could get you a T4i + 2 lenses + photo printer (after $400 prepaid AMEX card rebate).

Link?

zkjrwp1vgjbfxre

selune13 wrote:Link?

i dont like to shill other sites but since you asked.

http://bensbargains.net/deal/canon-eos-rebel-t4i-dslr-two-lenses-printer-898-at-adorama-269749/

adorama is reputable and a canon authorized reseller. purchased from them no problem in the past.

i bought a t3i under a similar rebate program. i ended up using the $400 prepaid amex card on gas.

wwaymanww

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wwaymanww

Is that price including taxes?

ckeem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ckeem

Wow Woot! You finally get one of the things I've been begging for and I don't have the funds to get it! Curse you Woot! Cuuurrrsssee youuuuu!!!

totumdependeate

quality posts: 2 Private Messages totumdependeate
    searchneverend wrote:How does this camera compares against a canon D7000. Thanx

http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-T3-vs-Nikon_D7000

http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-T3i-vs-Nikon_D7000

http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-Rebel-T4i-vs-Nikon_D7000

d7000 is a different weight class.

compare d3100 d3200 d5100

wallix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wallix

This is not a good deal for a t4i. The lens that is included is not a new STM lens which is the main selling point of a t4i (silent continuous auto focus). You can get the t4i with the updated lens for only 939 at Amaz.

GreatestOne

quality posts: 3 Private Messages GreatestOne

Not great price.... just had a combo deal on Amazon and got the T3i for about $375 after all the junk with the 18-55. These been on sale a lot lately, can definitely get it under $580 almost any week going forward. T3i was highly recommended and T4i prob not worth the extra $$$ unless you rally do a lot of active video work with it.

zkjrwp1vgjbfxre

If you can wait until xmas, you can probably find a nice rebated deal on a T3i or T4i bundle.

craigthom

quality posts: 62 Private Messages craigthom
    MrsSmartyPants wrote:There are so many scam places in regards to DSLR cameras. I only trust big name sites.

I second this. It hasn't happened to me, but the common scam is that they will call you to "confirm the order" and try to sell you an overpriced bundle of accessories. If you decline, they are suddenly out of stock, and they've got your money.

It's much better to go with Amazon.com, B&H, or Adorama.

jstjred

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jstjred
    joshobra wrote:Not sure about the second link, but the first link is a legit site. Recommended by some photographers I read about.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/42ND_St_Photo

But yeah, it's really your call if you want a to go with a site you're more comfortable with.

Edits for everyone: Been in photography since early '08 self-taught. Own a Canon Rebel XTi (400D).

My thoughts;

T4i: You want the latest gear and it's touchscreen. Most expensive. Most feature packed.
    T3i: The camera in between everything.
    T3: Who cares about touchscreen!! I'm cheap.

In my opinion, I'd go for the T4i if you're shooting wildlife and sports (due to higher FPS and 5 cross-type focus points). The T4i is also more advanced in video than its predecessors and more sensitive to light (higher ISO). It also has touchscreen (which is kind of silly to me for now) which I haven't gotten to play with yet, but we'll see if it changes my mind. If you don't need any of these features (FPS, better video, etc) and don't mind having your ISO a stop slower (heck my XTi is like 3 stops slower = buy a speedlight), then I'd go for the T3i or T3 depending on budget and needs.

Keep in mind that if you are adjusting ISO to faster speeds (increased light sensitivity) you are also (likely) degrading the picture quality. Anything over 800 puts a lot of grain/noise in the picture. It is more sensitive, yes, but (like with the older film camera) reaction speed and quality are often inverse functions. Fine enough if you are really hurting for light, or the subject is wicked fast, but really you are better off getting a better f/stop range (wider open, lets more light in) if you are willing to drop the depth of field sightly. Then adjust the shutter speed accordingly. (Or set the desired priority, and let the camera balance it for you.)

(And you can get a lower(wider) f/stop based on a lens, which would go great with any of these cameras. And the great thing about Canon is they have (or used to have) a cheap little fixed focal 50mm f/1.8 for a hundred bucks (which is a great intro to a wide open aperture lens. Hard to find low f/stops for decent prices) You could also go for a slightly better one that is harder to find that is 50mm f/1.4 for $300. Not sure current pricing...I got mine about six or seven years ago.

locotodd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages locotodd

Found the T3 for less. $389 no tax free shipping @ DAXmart.

http://daxmart.com/product.php?id_product=24

scapsinger

quality posts: 22 Private Messages scapsinger

The T3i and T4i are going to produce very similar images. I've been researching both of these cameras for a friend recently so I've learned about all I care to learn about them.

NOTE - I'm a professional videographer, so photo-specific stuff isn't my forte, but these cameras have serious video specs

The big huge difference between the T3 and T3i is the video capability. The T3 has very basic video recording options, but the T3i has a lot of recording modes and better recording in general. For photography, there's going to be only minor differences between the T3 and T3i. If you really don't care about or don't need video from your DSLR, then save your money and you'll probably be happy with the T3 (and that extra money in your pocket can get you another lens, which you WILL want when you've realized how limited the 18-55mm lens is).

The T4i is, to me, not worth all the extra money. If you have or are getting the new STM lenses and shooting video, then maybe it's worth considering, but you're not going to have night-and-day differences in your photos or video footage.

scapsinger

quality posts: 22 Private Messages scapsinger

Oh, and the deal here is pretty good but Sam's Club has a couple of kits that are decent. If you were planning to get the extra lens and a basic bag and such, it might be a better idea to swing by your local Sam's Club

$849 T3i bundle with 18-55mm and 55-250mm lenses (plus bag, 2 16GB SDHC cards): http://www.samsclub.com/sams/t3i-soft-bundle-141296-634099-175360/prod7580026.ip?navAction=

$599 T3 bundle with 18-55mm and 70-300mm lenses (plus bag, 4GB SDHC card): http://www.samsclub.com/sams/canon-t3-12-2mp-digital-slr-double-zoom-lens-kit/prod2720095.ip?navAction=

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch
    ckeem wrote:Wow Woot! You finally get one of the things I've been begging for and I don't have the funds to get it! Curse you Woot! Cuuurrrsssee youuuuu!!!

Wow,really?

Sparkstalker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sparkstalker

I just upgraded from an XTi to a T4i about a month ago. A couple of thoughts:

The 18-55 IS lens, while not STM, is still a good basic lens for photography. If you want an STM lens, the 40mm pancake is very affordable ($199), and I recommend it. It's great for both photo and video.

The touchscreen, while seeming gimmicky at first, is actually really, really useful. My first inclination was to disable it, but after actually using it, it's a brilliant addition, especially when shooting in live view from a low or high angle.

Finally - the big selling point for me over the T3i and the 60D is the improved live view focusing. I compared it with my cousin's 60D (which is the same as the T3i CMOS), and the T4i wins hands down.