WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

On February 15, 2006, the series finale of television's "Yes, Dear" danced across the airwaves and our hearts. A little part of America's soul died that night. That was the part that used to ask "why in the world is this show still on?"

Fortunately, America grew a new little replacement part of its soul almost immediately -- a part that asks, even to this day, "what keeps this dumb show in syndication?"

Quality Posts

m0neyman51

quality posts: 1 Private Messages m0neyman51

This made my day

jcolag

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jcolag

Wow. So (checking IMDB), this...wasn't completely fabricated by Woot staffers and hastily filmed with some minor actors--pretty sure I've seen the thinner wife on stage, but I don't recognize the others. It's an actual show, which I've apparently managed to avoid.

Good for me, I guess. Usually, I miss the really good shows. I'm not sure if that's an insult or compliment to Woot, though. Ah, it's Monday. Let's go with compliment.

ElanorRigby

quality posts: 14 Private Messages ElanorRigby

Ahh...the vague memories of a generic sitcom one catches every once in a while when there's nothing else on.

Also, what about Walt Whitman coming back in a time machine and being killed as a witch? Maybe I don't know who Walt Whitman is...

Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun...

arismella

quality posts: 16 Private Messages arismella

One of my all time favorites. The Wootcast, I mean, not "Yes, Dear."

exdoublexx

quality posts: 2 Private Messages exdoublexx

Was this the longest Wootcast ever? Or did it just seem like it was endless?

Jason Toon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Jason Toon
exdoublexx wrote:Was this the longest Wootcast ever? Or did it just seem like it was endless?

Why can't it be both?

xochiluvr

quality posts: 14 Private Messages xochiluvr

What is this television you speak of?

fishphotoguy

quality posts: 9 Private Messages fishphotoguy

Tedium saluted with tedium. Uhmm yep,

abitterwoman

quality posts: 27 Private Messages abitterwoman

Haha, loved this Woot cast! Made me sad that I don't have nearly as much time to be on Woot anymore

"Computers don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose."

WaltAmante

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WaltAmante

If you watch sitcoms, possibly you noticed that many of them have some really oddly decorated living rooms. By this I mean, things like fireplaces, and sometimes even the TV, are located BEHIND the sofa, not in front if it.

I remember the one episode of "Yes, Dear" when they addressed this.

In that episode, they rearranged their living room furniture such that their sofa now faced the fireplace.

Of course, that meant that their backs faced the camera. And they did the rest of their show that way, and that was the joke.

tireseus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tireseus

Ugh, my wife made me watch this. I am still in therapy.

mgrasi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mgrasi

Clearly they've never seen the episode where the husband gets additicted to Afrin. Oh My Failing Grades!, one of the funniest sitcom episodes ever. It's on YouTube.
***Who's got the hooch!?! Baaaaaaaaa!

thespiansmc

quality posts: 23 Private Messages thespiansmc
xochiluvr wrote:What is this television you speak of?

See, it was cross marketing, to go with the television side woot, and you totally lost the chance to enter out glorious modern age.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

mgrasi wrote:Clearly they've never seen the episode where the husband gets additicted to Afrin. Oh My Failing Grades!, one of the funniest sitcom episodes ever. It's on YouTube.
***Who's got the hooch!?! Baaaaaaaaa!

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

The heck with Yes, Dear. Who is who in the video?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

oldcqr

quality posts: 13 Private Messages oldcqr

I watched simply because I thought Kim was pretty. I love that round face curly hair thing....

davidlevy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidlevy

Because "Yes, Dear" outwardly resembles a generic sitcom, people often assume that it is one (without bothering to watch it). In actuality, it's a smartly written program that often parodies the types of clichés described.

The show's creator, Greg Garcia, went on to create "My Name Is Earl" and "Raising Hope," two series that have escaped unwarranted criticism because their single-camera style avoids the superficial resemblance to corny sitcoms.

A better target would have been "According to Jim," a truly stupid/formulaic sitcom that inexplicably dragged on for eight seasons.

greggagnon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greggagnon

6 seasons... Not seven as quoted in the clip.